Why so OP kits for rebel NPCs?

Prev13
Omeah
961 posts Member
Ofc I mean DS TB. There are so many TM gains (100% TM gains), cleanses, mass cleanses, heals, heal EVERYONE 100%, etc. We already know DS factions are weaker, so why give us lot harder foes to defeat?

Replies

• Options
    I would agree the enemies are much more difficult. I was unsure if it is because my DS toons are just underdeveloped or if this is just more difficult. I would like to know how players that are fully invested into DS toons are doing in the DSTB
  • Options
    DS tb is designed to be more GP oriented and less of a squad power oriented. It's a way to boost old players over newer ones since most new players have alot of rebels.

I think it's a little too strong, the heal sucks too cause they can remove the plagues from Talzin which makes underpowered nightsisters have issues.

The way I see it is that it takes alot more zetas and alot more gear to complete all 4 waves, it sucks a bit but it's the way it is. I don't see ot being changed, the devs haven't shown that kind of intention
  • Options
    DS isnt weaker, it just plays differently. And @DaGhost141 , 4/4 every combat mission.
  • Options
    Yeah, the LS - DS difficulty is heavily lopsided.
  • Options
    I strongly disagree with it not being weaker. If they take my 7 star gear 12's to the limit against their phase 3 rebel squads, I'm sorry but there's a problem! And YES before anyone assumes I don't know what I'm doing, I have great mods (high-speed, complimentary to class, etc.,). Even with Thrawn on lead and maximizing my turns, it's shouldn't be this difficult in phase 3 or even 4. I'll lose at least 1 toon, every time. Last phase I'd expect a fight, but before then is ridiculous.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum
  • Options
    I strongly disagree with it not being weaker. If they take my 7 star gear 12's to the limit against their phase 3 rebel squads, I'm sorry but there's a problem! And YES before anyone assumes I don't know what I'm doing, I have great mods (high-speed, complimentary to class, etc.,). Even with Thrawn on lead and maximizing my turns, it's shouldn't be this difficult in phase 3 or even 4. I'll lose at least 1 toon, every time. Last phase I'd expect a fight, but before then is ridiculous.

Then it sounds like your squad comps are off. Cuz p3 is still a breeze if you have g12 .
  • Options
    DS isnt weaker, it just plays differently. And @DaGhost141 , 4/4 every combat mission.
    What gear level are your DS toons and how many squads do you have to run that get 4/4 waves?
  • Options
    Mine are decently built , and I have a mix, it helps I use empire in arena, i even managed to pull off 4/4 with my poor BH squad lol
  • Options

Then it sounds like your squad comps are off. Cuz p3 is still a breeze if you have g12 .

Veers L, Starck, Magma, Snow, Storm. And GREAT that it works for you for whatever reasons. Cheers. Didn't for me and like I said, I know how to build a squad. I know what I'm doing (been at this for 2 years) and top 50 in my arena. At least so far in this thread, passing it seems the exception rather than rule. My guild leader (2.6 GP) even has a pain of a time with it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    DS battles are more fun than LS battles.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    DS is definitely harder, just if you compare ROLO and IPD missions and of course BH are not really great faction, but at the same time, i think i am in pretty much same position as when LS TB was released, maybe in bit better. Problem is that most people have toons that rely on debuffs a lot as their strongest DS, but they are not as good because of the cleanse and heals, not that many people have like imperial troopers, strong NS. Just give it a few months and you will be able to do is good as LS TB. Most of the people were pretty much on LS farm for like last 5 months. Now is time to get on the DS farm.
  • Options

Veers L, Starck, Magma, Snow, Storm. And GREAT that it works for you for whatever reasons. Cheers. Didn't for me and like I said, I know how to build a squad. I know what I'm doing (been at this for 2 years) and top 50 in my arena. At least so far in this thread, passing it seems the exception rather than rule. My guild leader (2.6 GP) even has a pain of a time with it.

Same time in, my guild,leader is a little more developed, try using shore instead of magma, so , in that light it sounds like something is off. You want to figure it out? Or not?
  • Options

Same time in, my guild,leader is a little more developed, try using shore instead of magma, so , in that light it sounds like something is off. You want to figure it out? Or not?

If I had Shore, I'd use him. RNGesus doesn't care for me much, otherwise I'd have him already. So what you're saying is, other than the required Veers/Starcks, there's a "soft" requirement of toons you need to have to beat it? It already requires the aforementioned (of which I leveled just for this battle), so what, there's an unwritten rule you need Shore as well? That's a bunch of "kitten."

So because RNG was better for you, other people who weren't as lucky can't complain? Just admit that it IS harder than LS and stop with the whole "I did it so it shouldn't be nerfed" mindset.
  • Options

If I had Shore, I'd use him. RNGesus doesn't care for me much, otherwise I'd have him already. So what you're saying is, other than the required Veers/Starcks, there's a "soft" requirement of toons you need to have to beat it? It already requires the aforementioned (of which I leveled just for this battle), so what, there's an unwritten rule you need Shore as well? That's a bunch of "kitten."

So because RNG was better for you, other people who weren't as lucky can't complain? Just admit that it IS harder than LS and stop with the whole "I did it so it shouldn't be nerfed" mindset.

Don't assume my mindset.

The issue that seems to be consistent is people want to beat these missions with under geared squads, that's kinda silly in and of itself .

As for squad comps,, my understanding is that magma is decent, but far inferior to shore. Since you don't have shore, then it sounds like you need to tweak your squad. Provide a link, or the stats for your troopers.

As for difficulty, why should it be easier then the LS TB? Or on par? You are using two different character playstyles and skill sets, it won't be the same, and how can you prove the difficulty is not appropriate when it is an apples to oranges map?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    Yeah, the LS - DS difficulty is heavily lopsided.

There's nothing wrong with one being more difficult than the other.
  • Options
    I beat the special mission with zveers, storm, snow, starck, magma. No one other than required toons are necessary.
  • Options
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    I would agree the enemies are much more difficult. I was unsure if it is because my DS toons are just underdeveloped or if this is just more difficult. I would like to know how players that are fully invested into DS toons are doing in the DSTB

I've gotten 100% pass rate 4/4 in all DS TB so far - even the first one pre-adjustment - but I agree these enemies are much harder than the LS enemies on a relative basis even taking roster development in to account. They just have way more skills. LS TB you have to worry a bit about the ST Commander and his taunt / string attacks and also the Elite Snowtrooper that counter attacks, but that's about it and that's pretty easy to handle.

DS TB enemies though you have:

- mass dispels that also combines huge team turn meter gain (Pilot)
    - 100% TM gain when allies are defeated (Pilot)
    - Full resetting of Colldowns when allies are defeated (Pilot)

Any of these 3 are great alone, yet it's all on 1 character - no one character on LS TB has a kit like this.

You have 2 taunters that are actually strong and will counter attack you also - Soldier even puts daze on you. Each has self-heal / protection up skills as well.

Rebel officer has a 100% team heal for units with huge health pools and he gets foresight spam when allies attack.

Rebel Commander is ANOTHER team dispel, but this one also allies recover 15% health for each debuff removed...this guy gains TM when you attack his allies.

So yes ... these guys are way more difficult because they have elite kits all over the place. Their team cleansers combine the cleanse with either massive TM gain or massive health gain. Their taunters counter attack AND can self-heal / protection gain. They're also gaining TM in various ways and have team-wide cool down reset capability!!! Think how OP just that alone is.

It's disappointing we didn't at least get a BH rework out of this and the LS toons got updated anyway before LSTB despite the LSTB being really lame as far as enemies.
  • Options

Don't assume my mindset.

The issue that seems to be consistent is people want to beat these missions with under geared squads, that's kinda silly in and of itself .

As for squad comps,, my understanding is that magma is decent, but far inferior to shore. Since you don't have shore, then it sounds like you need to tweak your squad. Provide a link, or the stats for your troopers.

As for difficulty, why should it be easier then the LS TB? Or on par? You are using two different character playstyles and skill sets, it won't be the same, and how can you prove the difficulty is not appropriate when it is an apples to oranges map?

Then don't assume or talk to me like I'm just one of those who's complaining about undergeared squads not beating it. I KNOW that stuff and I don't expect that kind of "gimme" play. My low post count doesn't mean I'm a newbie. I'm doing everything I can (short of panic farming) to get past it. Like I said, I know what I'm doing, I've been building squads for 2 years, this ain't my first rodeo. And I never said to be easier. But it does need to be on par meaning that if I'm bringing G12's (yes, high mods, speed, etc.,) to a fight against a p3 squad, they shouldn't be able to EASILY wipe their kittens with my (already mentioned) G12 7's. Now, in p5 and 6? Ok, I expect a fight and won't be surprised on a loss. But p3? Trust me, I WORK for my squads and rewards.

Look, we're going in circles here. I'm not going to convince you that a scrub AI squad shouldn't be able to beat a near full-max team and you're not going to convince me that DSTB isn't unbalanced. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. If I get it, cool. If not, other stuff in-game I can level. Cheers.
  • Options

Don't assume my mindset.

Then don't assume or talk to me like I'm just one of those who's complaining about undergeared squads not beating it. I KNOW that stuff and I don't expect that kind of "gimme" play. My low post count doesn't mean I'm a newbie. I'm doing everything I can (short of panic farming) to get past it. Like I said, I know what I'm doing, I've been building squads for 2 years, this ain't my first rodeo. And I never said to be easier. But it does need to be on par meaning that if I'm bringing G12's (yes, high mods, speed, etc.,) to a fight against a p3 squad, they shouldn't be able to EASILY wipe their kittens with my (already mentioned) G12 7's. Now, in p5 and 6? Ok, I expect a fight and won't be surprised on a loss. But p3? Trust me, I WORK for my squads and rewards.

Look, we're going in circles here. I'm not going to convince you that a scrub AI squad shouldn't be able to beat a near full-max team and you're not going to convince me that DSTB isn't unbalanced. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. If I get it, cool. If not, other stuff in-game I can level. Cheers.

No one has assumed your new , lol however your squad is supposedly better geared then most of ours, yet you can't beat it. So, show them, cuz your claiming your troopers are better geared then mine , and you can't beat it. So the error appears to be . . ..
  • Options
    They are stronger because people aren't playing the TB correctly. They get all those bonuses from the "supply lines" (its a platoon mission).

If people were to do the PLT missions first and max them out, and THEN run the squad missions there would be no problem. Since all the bonuses would be gone.

But everyone just thinks about themself and what their rank is for contribution.

Well, news flash: you all share rewards at the end of the day.

Bottom line is, your DSTBs are harder because your guild isn't organizing its resources correctly
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    They are stronger because people aren't playing the TB correctly. They get all those bonuses from the "supply lines" (its a platoon mission).

If people were to do the PLT missions first and max them out, and THEN run the squad missions there would be no problem. Since all the bonuses would be gone.

But everyone just thinks about themself and what their rank is for contribution.

Bottom line is, your DSTBs are harder because your guild isn't organizing its resources correctly

Even in a perfectly organized guild, DS TB is harder, so i wouldn't call that the bottom line at all.
  • Options
    Corruptor wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Even in a perfectly organized guild, DS TB is harder, so i wouldn't call that the bottom line at all.

Yea when they air strike heal heal air strike while ur sitting at 100% TM it’s my guilds fault lol.

They wont be healing if you do the supply lines. They wont even have airstrikes either if you do the other PLT missions
  • Options

I dont think so. You have people dedicated to filling out PLTs and people dedicated to running the squad missions.
  • Options
    DS platoons in p4 and beyond also require many p2p toons: FOX, NS zombie, NS spirit, MT, KRU, FOSFTP. LS has wicket and that's it. So the platoons are harder to complete than LS, at least until they make some of these guys farmable and run a bunch more Dathomir events.

I'm not complaining about the mission difficulty--so far I've done 51/54 waves and did the IPD mission (g12 death, g11 storm, g10 veers and shore, g7 starck, no zeta on veers). The platoon requirements are more of an issue to me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I dont think so. You have people dedicated to filling out PLTs and people dedicated to running the squad missions.

i'm not saying platoons don't help alot, i'm saying DS is simply more difficult. And now that it really starts getting difficult (p1/3 were easy), the average guild doesn't have members with those p2p toons that are required for platoons anyway.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I actually do much better on DS than I do LS. I have two squads that can auto 4/4 any mission, and a third that goes 4/4 on manual (has more trouble later on). My swgoh.gg account is in my sig, but my heavy investment into Sith is amazing for TB:

Darth Nihilus (L), Count Dooku, Sith Trooper + 2: the rebels literally cannot do damage here...Sith Trooper heals more on his retribution than he takes and they can't dispel him. Doesn't even matter what other characters I put in (on wave 4, it's kind of a slog waiting for Annihilate on the elites, but I'm never in danger of losing).

zVader (L), Palpatine, Thrawn, Maul, Sidious: another squad that's never in danger of losing. With AoE turn meter removal on every single character, AoE Daze, AoE Expose, AoE Stun, protection recovery, DoTs and 100K culling blades, this is basically easy mode.

Zavage is an MVP in DSTB too, since he's basically impossible to kill until P4. :)

Based on my experience, I'm not sure that DSTB is necessarily more difficult, but in general people are much more heavily invested in LS with the current meta (Rex, Barriss, CLS, JTR, R2, GK, Raid Han). I don't even run Empire, Troopers, Nightsisters or First Order, so I'm sure people with those squads could easily get 4/4 on all three combat missions each phase.
  • Options
    Plain and simple we need another rework of DSTB. The kits for the rebels are far too OP. Too many full team cleanses combined with cooldowns, TM gains and string attacks.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Macattack9 wrote: »
    DS platoons in p4 and beyond also require many p2p toons: FOX, NS zombie, NS spirit, MT, KRU, FOSFTP. LS has wicket and that's it. So the platoons are harder to complete than LS, at least until they make some of these guys farmable and run a bunch more Dathomir events.

I'm not complaining about the mission difficulty--so far I've done 51/54 waves and did the IPD mission (g12 death, g11 storm, g10 veers and shore, g7 starck, no zeta on veers). The platoon requirements are more of an issue to me.

This is a good point.