Why so OP kits for rebel NPCs?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Nobody compares the two Raids and says that the Tank needs nerfed because it can't be solo'd with a single CLS. The Tank is more difficult than the Pit. Everybody knows it. Everybody deals with it.

The reality is, there was a huge outcry to nerf the Tank Raid when it was released, and guilds were scrambling to get members that could do 2% damage in each phase. Now, many guilds have it on farm, and it's actually pretty easy for one person with a moderate- to well-developed roster to clear the whole thing.

What I think has happened here is that people see LS and DS and automatically believe that there should be some kind of balance involved. If you can instead think of TB's similar to how you think of Raids (as separate content built on a similar framework), the balance issue goes away. Then you can stop being frustrated, and start dealing with how you can improve your roster to complete that content.

You’re comparing Apple to oranges.

But when you keep bringing up the tank, it needed to be nerfed initially because there was far too much health in the tank to the degree that anyone not named Team IN couldn’t reap the rewards.
    And again, nobody wants a full clear. They want the ability to be able to clear phases with properly tuned DS toons. Why should my thrawn team get wiped on wave 4 when they are all g11 and well moded? In phase 4

seem pretty comparable to me tbh
    Only the "normal" difficulty got nerfed, "heroic"difficulty remained the same.
    DS TB has already been nerfed. Phases 1/3, 4/6 remained the same.
    If your g11 team gets whiped in phase 4 you're doing something wrong.
    My guild couldn't clear hAAT when it was released, yesterday i had one team do 20m+ on auto. Something similar will happen to DS TB.

If you want to deny that DSTB needs more tuning then go ahead and keep living in the dark. But the fact of the matter is that current DS characters given their pool and synergy and the requirements in platoons, need a rework and additional toons.
    LSTB is tuned very well in my mind. You can complete the waves in each phase based on your gear and mods. The difficulty increases a fair amount each phase with the 6th phase requiring g12 toons for a full clear and even then you still need some luck and solid strategy and understanding of your enemy.
    DSTB? Works that way in phases 1-3 and then just completely gets FUBAR

You're over-inflating the requirements for both TB. Neither LS nor DS need g12 toons to be finished (at least not until the last battle of p6). My ds roster isn't a big deal and I completed every mission so far, even the bounty hunters. I used a mix that includes g8 sith with no problem so far. It's not that the requirements are too high, it's that our rosters or mods are still lacking. Here's my swgoh.gg for reference.

https://swgoh.gg/u/juli494/
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Nobody compares the two Raids and says that the Tank needs nerfed because it can't be solo'd with a single CLS. The Tank is more difficult than the Pit. Everybody knows it. Everybody deals with it.

The reality is, there was a huge outcry to nerf the Tank Raid when it was released, and guilds were scrambling to get members that could do 2% damage in each phase. Now, many guilds have it on farm, and it's actually pretty easy for one person with a moderate- to well-developed roster to clear the whole thing.

What I think has happened here is that people see LS and DS and automatically believe that there should be some kind of balance involved. If you can instead think of TB's similar to how you think of Raids (as separate content built on a similar framework), the balance issue goes away. Then you can stop being frustrated, and start dealing with how you can improve your roster to complete that content.

You’re comparing Apple to oranges.

But when you keep bringing up the tank, it needed to be nerfed initially because there was far too much health in the tank to the degree that anyone not named Team IN couldn’t reap the rewards.
    And again, nobody wants a full clear. They want the ability to be able to clear phases with properly tuned DS toons. Why should my thrawn team get wiped on wave 4 when they are all g11 and well moded? In phase 4

seem pretty comparable to me tbh
    Only the "normal" difficulty got nerfed, "heroic"difficulty remained the same.
    DS TB has already been nerfed. Phases 1/3, 4/6 remained the same.
    If your g11 team gets whiped in phase 4 you're doing something wrong.
    My guild couldn't clear hAAT when it was released, yesterday i had one team do 20m+ on auto. Something similar will happen to DS TB.

If you want to deny that DSTB needs more tuning then go ahead and keep living in the dark. But the fact of the matter is that current DS characters given their pool and synergy and the requirements in platoons, need a rework and additional toons.
    LSTB is tuned very well in my mind. You can complete the waves in each phase based on your gear and mods. The difficulty increases a fair amount each phase with the 6th phase requiring g12 toons for a full clear and even then you still need some luck and solid strategy and understanding of your enemy.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145986/dark-side-tb-findings-guidance-ab-strafe-impact/p1

If you have Strafe and abilities in play, you need to conform your team around ability block (Boba, DK lead with Empire, etc.) and / or removing cooldowns (DT, DN). The pics in here are from the first DS TB - so pre-adjustment.

A key point to make also is mods - even with proper gear, you need to have some decent mods on the DS units. I'm a player that's split resources more evenly than most for LS / DS however. If I look at my top 30 power units, 15 are DS and 15 are LS.
  • Options
    If you're on an old LB, look at the players in the 2.4-2.8 GP range or so...browse some of those rosters and it's pretty shocking how much many players have very underdeveloped DS units.

LS has generally been the best bang for your buck (<- ingame resources).
    I know my roster was heavily skewed towards LS prior to the DS TB announcement. I still wouldn't call it "balanced" as far as ls/ds, i do allright though in DS TB.
    What most people ignore is that a large part of doing well in TB's is just having alot of GP. They get stressed out over not being able to clear the missions and what not, but who cares? You're not going to get max rewards any time soon anyway. Atleast with the combat missions you've got something to strive for, once you're able to 4/4 or 6/6 all missions, TB is just boring (imo). Waiting for your guild to accumulate enough GP for the next star, blegh.

https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/
    ^ this is me btw. Not sure if that makes my opinion more or less valuable for you guys though ;)

100% agree with bang for buck comment. Players are going to smartly deploy resources in a game like this - the LS bias on people's rosters is due to the LS bias CG has had in this game since inception really. So it's the devs fault in great part for not historically balancing the game...and I'm most disappointed in the devs in regards to DS TB for punting on any reworks / upgrades for DS units.
  • Options

I don't like the platoon requirements in DS TB either. They're alot worse than with LS TB imo. It's pretty much the only thing i don't like about DS TB.
    I do however like the battles, more than the LS battles. To each their own i guess.
    As far as difficulty, the whole point people are trying to make is that DS TB was released more recently than LS TB, wich generally means it's gonna be more difficult, wich is great! unfortunately some people can't see the benefit in having difficult content, but others like myself do.

I feel like we are close to agreeing but the message is getting lost. Challenge is fine. But the current level of difficulty to the point where my top DS squads of Thrawn, Palp and FO not being able to clear in phase 4 given their mods and gear isn’t ok. They’re all at least g10 with mid tier mods, minimum. I get phase 5 giving them a headache or phase 6 but not 4.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    @GhostTruckin a fast glimpse to your roster is enough to understand why you talk like this. We're not all day-one players with some bunch of money spent on the game. No wonder you easily get through DS TBs. But BREAKING NEWS: players like you are a minority in the game. You can't apply your standards to all players.

Lol yes that's exactly it, sad that you think that but each to his own @Drazhar .

I never claimed it was easy, in fact it's a challenge, as it is supposed to be. However you and @AldaisKaroth have made it abundantly clear that you wish for an easy button win because you believe that DS is a worse faction to use.

Whatever game you refer to, from what I see. There is always skill involved, simply mashing a button is not typically how you will achieve anything with myriad squads and team comps. What a person seems to forget , or is unwilling to understand is that easy modes become boring, having goals to work towards keeps things interesting , and blaming the game for lack of a better target makes a person seem, . .well, like they just aren't actually interested in playing and are more interested in an "I want it NOW button"

Now, since apparently , it's a crime to have played the game for awhile, and apparently it is also a crime to have built squads up for specific purposes. Pray tell, what exactly is the criteria you feel appropriate in order to have an opinion on a game mode?

@Drazhar and how long have you played? What have you done to develop your roster?

@AldaisKaroth and how long have you played? And what have you done to develop your roster?

Do you see how pointless it is to try determine anything based on a roster? I'll wager I have players that I know who have less time in this game that are doing a great job in DS TB, because they are working towards a goal, and getting things accomplished. Which is the point of these TB, in case you forgot they are not a here is your stuff for just showing up only mode.. They do payout for just showing up, you get a base prize if you will, and if you put some effort in, you get better rewards. Now, get an entire guild to put some effort in, and the rewards increase as well. So , disconnect? Right, . . . That's exactly it, not , you know, play and get better in order to do better or anything lol, can't have that now.

Do you really think that it matters one iota whether a person has played since launch, or since xx 2016, or xx 2017? Or better yet, do you really think that a player since late 2017-2018 should be playing everything in game right out the gate?

Thats a rather elitist mentality and you can peddle it to someone who’s interested in hearing it. I’ve got a decent DS roster that I’ve been constantly working to develop, and will continue to do so. But, to claim this content isnt overtuned is laughable. Simple fact is that a P3 Battle should not be eating G10-12 zeta teams, period. That’s not wanting an easy button, that’s wanting an actual CURVE to the difficulty. Y’know? A scale? A progression? Or is that a foreign concept? By your logic, since it’s “end game” (never stated by the devs), every single node should require 7* G12 god-mod toons, so you have something to work towards
  • Options
    @GhostTruckin a fast glimpse to your roster is enough to understand why you talk like this. We're not all day-one players with some bunch of money spent on the game. No wonder you easily get through DS TBs. But BREAKING NEWS: players like you are a minority in the game. You can't apply your standards to all players.

Lol yes that's exactly it, sad that you think that but each to his own @Drazhar .

I never claimed it was easy, in fact it's a challenge, as it is supposed to be. However you and @AldaisKaroth have made it abundantly clear that you wish for an easy button win because you believe that DS is a worse faction to use.

Whatever game you refer to, from what I see. There is always skill involved, simply mashing a button is not typically how you will achieve anything with myriad squads and team comps. What a person seems to forget , or is unwilling to understand is that easy modes become boring, having goals to work towards keeps things interesting , and blaming the game for lack of a better target makes a person seem, . .well, like they just aren't actually interested in playing and are more interested in an "I want it NOW button"

Now, since apparently , it's a crime to have played the game for awhile, and apparently it is also a crime to have built squads up for specific purposes. Pray tell, what exactly is the criteria you feel appropriate in order to have an opinion on a game mode?

@Drazhar and how long have you played? What have you done to develop your roster?

@AldaisKaroth and how long have you played? And what have you done to develop your roster?

Do you see how pointless it is to try determine anything based on a roster? I'll wager I have players that I know who have less time in this game that are doing a great job in DS TB, because they are working towards a goal, and getting things accomplished. Which is the point of these TB, in case you forgot they are not a here is your stuff for just showing up only mode.. They do payout for just showing up, you get a base prize if you will, and if you put some effort in, you get better rewards. Now, get an entire guild to put some effort in, and the rewards increase as well. So , disconnect? Right, . . . That's exactly it, not , you know, play and get better in order to do better or anything lol, can't have that now.

Do you really think that it matters one iota whether a person has played since launch, or since xx 2016, or xx 2017? Or better yet, do you really think that a player since late 2017-2018 should be playing everything in game right out the gate?

Thats a rather elitist mentality and you can peddle it to someone who’s interested in hearing it. I’ve got a decent DS roster that I’ve been constantly working to develop, and will continue to do so. But, to claim this content isnt overtuned is laughable. Simple fact is that a P3 Battle should not be eating G10-12 zeta teams, period. That’s not wanting an easy button, that’s wanting an actual CURVE to the difficulty. Y’know? A scale? A progression? Or is that a foreign concept? By your logic, since it’s “end game” (never stated by the devs), every single node should require 7* G12 god-mod toons, so you have something to work towards

Well keep working on your DS , and eventually you will get it figured out and it will make sense. Good luck
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/
    ^ this is me btw. Not sure if that makes my opinion more or less valuable for you guys though ;)

@leef you know that we all value your opinion on the forums <3;)
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    On the topic, I generally agree with the sentiment here...I have 14 of my top 30 as DS toons, and 5 DS zetas as opposed to 2 LS zetas, hence I do much better in DSTB than I do in LSTB.

As it was said, you get much more bang for your buck in general in this game using LS toons, so most rosters are developed LS-heavy, meaning DSTB seems much more difficult. This, combined with some absurd platoon requirements (MT, Wampa, KRU, etc.) means that RIGHT NOW DSTB seems difficult. In 6 months, when the top members of each guild can fill out those platoons, you'll find the combat missions to be MUCH easier.
  • Options

Well keep working on your DS , and eventually you will get it figured out and it will make sense. Good luck

It makes perfect sense. DS is underpowered and this content is poorly balanced against them.
  • Options

It makes perfect sense. DS is underpowered and this content is poorly balanced against them.

Read this here, it explains the whole thing vvvvv
    Dryff wrote: »
    On the topic, I generally agree with the sentiment here...I have 14 of my top 30 as DS toons, and 5 DS zetas as opposed to 2 LS zetas, hence I do much better in DSTB than I do in LSTB.

As it was said, you get much more bang for your buck in general in this game using LS toons, so most rosters are developed LS-heavy, meaning DSTB seems much more difficult. This, combined with some absurd platoon requirements (MT, Wampa, KRU, etc.) means that RIGHT NOW DSTB seems difficult. In 6 months, when the top members of each guild can fill out those platoons, you'll find the combat missions to be MUCH easier.

• Options

Agree to disagree. I see a problem, you don’t.
  • Options

I see a challenge, not a problem. It's a matter of perspective as well as perception.
  • Options

I see a challenge, not a problem. It's a matter of perspective as well as perception.

Again, by your argument, there’s no reason every node isn’t 7*, G12 with god-mods. But, now we’re going in circles. I think we’ve both said our piece.
  • Options

Again, by your argument, there’s no reason every node isn’t 7*, G12 with god-mods. But, now we’re going in circles. I think we’ve both said our piece.

Actually you are attempting to put words in my mouth that I never said nor alluded to.

Sorry you are unable to look at this without prejudice, good day sir.
  • Options

Actually you are attempting to put words in my mouth that I never said nor alluded to.

Sorry you are unable to look at this without prejudice, good day sir.

And I’m sorry you can’t put aside your bias to see it from another perspective. Good day.