Greedo Nerfed

Replies

• Options
    Greedo's speed is 122 now

Based on the speed boost to his stats, I guess EA believes that Greedo actually shot first.

Now we know, EA is the Empire!

Han shot first!!!!
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera You're one of the more involved/nicer devs. Help us put here. :(
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    So basically you had to make sure his speed was better than Soundrel Han Solo's.... But lowered his health so Han could still blow him up
  • Options
    Biggest change is the massive life steal change. A little bit less health for a little bit more damage is bot important. The lifesteal does, it changes current Greedo's role (GW self sustained DPS)

This is like when they lowered Poe's Tenacity, and in the process, as a side effect, they lowered his speed to 142, which was the real huge effect (in the end that 142 speed didn't matter because they fixed Speed unexpectedly too, but they didn't know that when they decided to tell us Poe changes blindsiding the speed nerf to tick 8)

• Options
    So I know they changed up his gear which I'm okay with because I have him at IX. However there was no reason to lower his health at all. Or change anything. It's not like he was too tanky, his armor was laughable at best. It's not like he was abused in the meta, I probably bumped into one greedo every 3 days across all 5 arena battles and a daily GW. He was only powerful if used properly. If anything, greedo deserved a buff because of his lackluster detonator. Thanks for hurting a character I love and that F2P people ACTUALLY can get and 7 star *cough cough yoda grievous cough cough* while refusing to touch the whales precious characters.
  • Options
    Not to mention taking his life steal which was what was helping power me through GW. This was a bad move and only rewarded whales while punishing F2P players even further
  • Options
    What did they change about him,?
  • Options
    HGF69 wrote: »

Lowered his health and took away his lifestyle, which was the only thing making him viable for GW
  • Options
    I'll tell you this, these devs run this game as if they are working out of some kid's basement, totally unprofessional and amateurish. Moves like this reinforce my opinion. You'd think SWGOH was created by some kids or something, not adults. Let them do it though, everything CG made so far has been a complete PR disaster and in the end, big developers like EA and others will eventually abandon them and it'll be well-deserved. Take a look at the HODA forum, it's the same story.

I'm in the same field as these guys from CG and I do more than just development, I'm also a network engineer and if any of the shops I worked in ran this way with such disorganization, half-baked notes, stealth changes and all the other mess, I would have been fired decades ago along with anyone connected to that mess.....

• Options
    As you said, you only ran into him every few days. If the scoundrel event is really coming, you will likely see him more. Perhaps it was warranted, but we have such a small sample size to be sure.
  • Options
    HGF69 wrote: »

Lowered his health and took away his lifestyle,
    This is terrible. I thought there were laws in place against that! What a male alien and another male alien do in the privacy of their own home...
  • Options
    It might be hard to understand the reasonning as to why they keep stealth nerfing characters, as if there wasn't already so much controversy and toxicity

I'll keep giving them the benefit of the doubt until the game dies, I mean we don't know every little detail only they do
  • Options
    Can you guys give it a rest? Greedo was not nerfed. EA_Jesse said his gear was changed and yes he lost health in exchange for more power and potency. It's not a nerf, it's rebalancing.
  • Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    Can you guys give it a rest? Greedo was not nerfed. EA_Jesse said his gear was changed and yes he lost health in exchange for more power and potency. It's not a nerf, it's rebalancing.

It had nothing to do with balancing, and everything to do with making the scoundrel challenge more difficult. They learned their lesson with Yoda when anakin's weakness was allowing people to easily unlock yoda. They just cought it ahead of time on this round.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    When was the change? I borrowed a well geared Greedo twice yesterday, his power was close to 5k but I was dissapointed by his damage. And his life wasn't that great either.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    According to data mined files, the Scoundral event will be next. Greedo is a scoundral. Obviously him being gear 9 was making it too easy to complete the event, or had some sort of negative bearing on it so they tweaked him.
  • Options

As someone who has used Greedo from day one and have him 7* and fully geared. Losing the health and decreasing his life steal for power and potency is crazy. No one uses the TD because they take too long to go off so unless that changes the potency increase makes no sense. Power since the update I've seen no increase in power he still hits the same as before.
  • Options

It had nothing to do with balancing, and everything to do with making the scoundrel challenge more difficult. They learned their lesson with Yoda when anakin's weakness was allowing people to easily unlock yoda. They just cought it ahead of time on this round.
    Anakin was bugged. Not a weakness (unlike Barriss), but a simple bug.

• Options

Only the f2p player is getting the shaft! Most ppl only have one or two scoundrels. Does Greedo really tip the scales in the players favor? How many ppl would rush to level Greedo from nothing? Could one character really win the event single handily? If so, doesn't say much for the event if a single character can breeze through.
  • Options
    That is funny. I've never seen that pic before. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    I just don't understand why these changes happened.

Greedo isn't meta. He is probably one of the more balanced heroes.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

He lost 20% life steal
  • Options
    The potency does nothing for him. Unless you count that laughable detonator. He lost 20% of his life steal which was the only thing giving him viability in GW and really the game at all. So I'd only thing that needs a rest is your holier than thou attitude.
  • Options
    I just recently got Rey from hard battles and just got her to gear lvl7. First character I've come across that required 50 Mk 6 chiewab to get the gear lvl8..was it like this before the update or another silent gear change?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    The potency does nothing for him. Unless you count that laughable detonator. He lost 20% of his life steal which was the only thing giving him viability in GW and really the game at all. So I'd only thing that needs a rest is your holier than thou attitude.

So much whining. You just said half of Greedo's attacks are worthless. Proof enough he needs to be rebalanced, and Jesse already stated it's just the start to what they plan on doing with him.

Chill out.

He might need a rebalance (others need more, but I guess others don't interfere with Scoundrels' challenge).
    What cringes people is the stealth. They really should think about giving the people in CG office Jesse's telephone number, and maybe let them talk once in a while about stuff going on in the patches
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Few things:

1) No other characters were affected by this.
    2) I'm talking to some designers about this, his health did decrease some, but his attack and potency should be increased. I'm getting some more detailed numbers for all of you, will share once they're ready in the next hour or so.
    3) I am not trying to leave things out of update notes. It takes a bit of work to get all of these together, and I do my best to cover everything, but sometimes there are very last minute changes that get put into an update. I'm sorry this was one wasn't in the notes, I'll try to get changes like this one included in the future.

You should've waited to implement these changes until you were ready to roll out whatever this future update was released. It's not ok....

This is how they roll. They did the same stuff in heroes of dragon age. You should expect this to continue!