Replies

• TVF
    36716 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Perfxion wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    First up is FO executioner via marquee event. Really hoping we see that BH rework or Sep rework this month.

This month will likely be TLJ month, there is quite a lot to cover, it's still fairly fresh and it has been long enough to stop worrying about spoilers. Ideal time to milk it as much as possible.

I agree and spoilers are most likely why it has been so quiet for toons from the film up til now. Kru and jtr were both in trailers so their release was unsurprising.

How many more toons does everyone think there are to come?

I am betting a First Order Imperial Troopers group. Hux in the Tarkin role and a new Capital ship. Maybe a total of FO and Resistance being 9 more toons and ships, not including what we already know.

That would feel so stale. I really hope we get new bounty hunters and then Solo toons

We have enough Han Solo toons already! :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

That would feel so stale. I really hope we get new bounty hunters and then Solo toons

They are going to milk TLJ for a few weeks if not a few months. Then they are going to move on. Yes we need Bounty hunters, but we don't need a 5th Solo.
  • Options
    What a useless character...
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options

TVF wrote: »
    First up is FO executioner via marquee event. Really hoping we see that BH rework or Sep rework this month.

This month will likely be TLJ month, there is quite a lot to cover, it's still fairly fresh and it has been long enough to stop worrying about spoilers. Ideal time to milk it as much as possible.

I agree and spoilers are most likely why it has been so quiet for toons from the film up til now. Kru and jtr were both in trailers so their release was unsurprising.

I am betting a First Order Imperial Troopers group. Hux in the Tarkin role and a new Capital ship. Maybe a total of FO and Resistance being 9 more toons and ships, not including what we already know.

No we don’t! We need one more to make a squad. Then we need to set up a Han Solo faction so that they can all have synergy with each other...
  • Options
    Snoke is plaguis for those wondering. A snoke raid with snoke as a reward toon would be great. Also maybe first dual crew cap ship. Resistance general leia and vice admiral holdo. Along with snoke /hux for fo
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

They are going to milk TLJ for a few weeks if not a few months. Then they are going to move on. Yes we need Bounty hunters, but we don't need a 5th Solo.

We’re totally getting at least one new Solo for the upcoming movie. I’ve seen the leaked LEGO sets so maybe 2 versions...
  • Options
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Snoke is plaguis for those wondering. A snoke raid with snoke as a reward toon would be great. Also maybe first dual crew cap ship. Resistance general leia and vice admiral holdo. Along with snoke /hux for fo

I agree with lots of this but one question...what almighty power told you snoke was Plagueis? They haven’t said anything about his identity. Don’t go spreading theory as fact.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    What a useless character...

If you’re referring to FOE, I suppose that remains to be seen but honestly looking at his kit he’ll be amazing with a KRU lead. He grants 10% turn meter to all allies every time he scores a crit hit. That with KRU lead is amazing. IMO, not useless.
  • Options

I agree with lots of this but one question...what almighty power told you snoke was Plagueis? They haven’t said anything about his identity. Don’t go spreading theory as fact.

From Rian Johnsons mouth itself. On an interview on why they didn't go into more detail with snoke back story he said and I quote " we thought about putting more detail into snoke character but we were developing rey and kylo. So what's it matter if snoke is really darth plaguis.
  • Options

Nope. Just look at rian johnsons thoughts on that one.
  • Options

I did. Where do you think I got it from. I don't dream up character being different ones. These were his words in an interview shortly after the movie was released
  • Max_Rebos_groupie
    110 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    “It would have stopped any of these scenes dead cold if he had stopped and given a 30-second speech about how he’s Darth Plagueis…It doesn’t matter to Rey. If he had done that, Rey would have blinked and said, ‘Who?’ And the scene would have gone on…and I’m not saying he’s Darth Plagueis!”

He’s not saying “Snoke is Plagueis.” He’s just using that as an example of a possible backstory and saying that it would be awkward to try and fit that into the film.
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

From Rian Johnsons mouth itself. On an interview on why they didn't go into more detail with snoke back story he said and I quote " we thought about putting more detail into snoke character but we were developing rey and kylo. So what's it matter if snoke is really darth plaguis.

I find it funny you left out the last bit of that quote. Right after that he said, “And I’m not saying Snoke is Plagueis!!” He was using it as an example because that’s one of the more popular theories. There’s no proof until a canon source genuinely says snoke is Plagueis or it comes right from the mouth of Disney itself. My point still stands—don’t go spreading theory as fact. You’ll cause mass panic doing that.
  • Options
    I think it's Revan. But that's just a rumor...which could be true or not.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    All I can say is prepare to be unprepared. Whatever drops, it’ll require something few, if any, of us have. I figure a couple of marquis events as P2W fodder that will be required for the next big legendary.

Good guess , here's mine
    Hux and praetorian guard = marquee
    Snoke =legendary and the above as well as Kylo , and snape and phasma will be needed
    BB9E will be legendary and need any resistance

Palpatine zeta and Mace windu /kit fisto rework along with mythic emperors demise

Well said. Though Snoke is likely a raid boss

Snoke as a raid boss would be tons of fun. Fight your way through The Supremacy against FO Executioners and a Spear-wielding Phasma, then against Praetorians and Snoke.

What would the rewards be though?

Old Jedi Luke
  • Options
    lovemat wrote: »
    All I can say is prepare to be unprepared. Whatever drops, it’ll require something few, if any, of us have. I figure a couple of marquis events as P2W fodder that will be required for the next big legendary.

Good guess , here's mine
    Snoke =legendary and the above as well as Kylo , and snape and phasma will be needed

Palpatine zeta and Mace windu /kit fisto rework along with mythic emperors demise

Snoke as a raid boss would be tons of fun. Fight your way through The Supremacy against FO Executioners and a Spear-wielding Phasma, then against Praetorians and Snoke.

Old Jedi Luke

We already have two LS chars in raids. Next one should be DS. I vote for snoke himself.
  • Options
    DeepChu wrote: »

Good guess , here's mine

Old Jedi Luke

We already have two LS chars in raids. Next one should be DS. I vote for snoke himself.

although I’d really like Snoke in the game, even as raid rewards, I don’t see it happening because he didn’t do much in TFA & TLJ
    Imo, adding him would either mean spoilers (if he ever returns, I didn’t say he would) or a completely made up kit for a supposed almighty FO leader, which would be wrong
  • Options
    Is there not enough content for now? I'm at 3m gp and would like to stop chasing the new shiny for a moment.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up, regarding the MCU. Yet, I thought Palpatine was the strongest Sith regarding force usuage? In the EU he covered a whole planet, or was it even a system In force lightning? He also created Anakin, out of the force, incubating that kid in Shmi Skywalker?
    I assume both are not really regarded as being canon anymore, are they?
    And again I thought characters like Nihilus have been established in Star Wars lore without any KOTOR etc influences?

(Don’t get me wrong, it is ignorance on my part. I read many online articles about SW lore, but I haven‘t read any books or played games like KOTOR; and even before... have those game character‘s been regarded as canon?)

Some of KoTOR are now canon. The Star Wars Visual Dictionary for TFA shows several TOR planets on the galactic map to include the location of the Star Forge and Manaan. One of the Resistance Pilots actually looks like a Selkath. Somethings were changed by Lucas, Korriban was renamed Moriban for the Sith Homeworld. Sith are buried in tombs in both the Clone Wars and game.

Palpatine did not create Anakin. The lore on that is all over the internet and Disney changed everything anyway. Play KOTOR on Xbox. It’s available in modern formatting and it’s actaully a good story 4000 years prior to ANH. You can catch up playing TOR MMO or watch the cut scenes on YouTube. The MMO takes place after KOTOR events. I just wish SWGOH HK-47 would yell Die Meatbags as he shoots.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Narseph wrote: »

Good guess , here's mine

Old Jedi Luke

although I’d really like Snoke in the game, even as raid rewards, I don’t see it happening because he didn’t do much in TFA & TLJ
    Imo, adding him would either mean spoilers (if he ever returns, I didn’t say he would) or a completely made up kit for a supposed almighty FO leader, which would be wrong

He showed awesome force abilities, there's plenty to base his kit on. He is manipulative, fit for some kind of double-edged leader ability. He is disfigured and in constant pain, could mean a damage-taking based unique. He shifts people around at will without even getting up from his chair, so some stun maybe? He formed a long-distance force connection between two people (linking an ally and an enemy, when the ally gets any buffs the enemy gets corresponding debuffs and vice versa? that would be an interesting ability). And of course, the typical basic for non-fighting leaders, have someone attack for him.
  • Options

Good guess , here's mine

Old Jedi Luke

He showed awesome force abilities, there's plenty to base his kit on. He is manipulative, fit for some kind of double-edged leader ability. He is disfigured and in constant pain, could mean a damage-taking based unique. He shifts people around at will without even getting up from his chair, so some stun maybe? He formed a long-distance force connection between two people (linking an ally and an enemy, when the ally gets any buffs the enemy gets corresponding debuffs and vice versa? that would be an interesting ability). And of course, the typical basic for non-fighting leaders, have someone attack for him.

He also used force lightning in the movie
  • Qhue
    31 posts Member
    Options
    It really is odd that there aren't more Last Jedi characters / ships / whatever in the game. I mean look how much Rogue One stuff was added by this time last year!
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Hope there is new challenges, changes to all shops , new raid to keep this game exciting rather than feel like doing chores every day!
  • Options

We already have characters with less screen time so I dont think thats really an argument (Greedo, Zam Wesell, Bistan, Colonel Strack etc). That said, personally, I dont want him in this game. Such a bland generic character, at least in the movies.
  • Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up, regarding the MCU. Yet, I thought Palpatine was the strongest Sith regarding force usuage? In the EU he covered a whole planet, or was it even a system In force lightning? He also created Anakin, out of the force, incubating that kid in Shmi Skywalker?
    I assume both are not really regarded as being canon anymore, are they?
    And again I thought characters like Nihilus have been established in Star Wars lore without any KOTOR etc influences?

(Don’t get me wrong, it is ignorance on my part. I read many online articles about SW lore, but I haven‘t read any books or played games like KOTOR; and even before... have those game character‘s been regarded as canon?)

Some of KoTOR are now canon. The Star Wars Visual Dictionary for TFA shows several TOR planets on the galactic map to include the location of the Star Forge and Manaan. One of the Resistance Pilots actually looks like a Selkath. Somethings were changed by Lucas, Korriban was renamed Moriban for the Sith Homeworld. Sith are buried in tombs in both the Clone Wars and game.

Palpatine did not create Anakin. The lore on that is all over the internet and Disney changed everything anyway. Play KOTOR on Xbox. It’s available in modern formatting and it’s actaully a good story 4000 years prior to ANH. You can catch up playing TOR MMO or watch the cut scenes on YouTube. The MMO takes place after KOTOR events. I just wish SWGOH HK-47 would yell Die Meatbags as he shoots.

KOTOR is a great game series. I would highly recommend it if you have a few hours to spare. It’s also on the apple App Store for $10 per game. To answer your question, @Cossin yes Nihilus is from the Old Republic games, specifically KOTOR 2. That was the game with the Jedi exile and the sith Triumvirate, some characters I would love to see in the game.
  • Options

Quite a bit is implicitly canonized in Rebels as well. Now the details could certainly turn out different, but some key elements of the KOTOR timelines are now canon in some respect.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Snoke is plaguis for those wondering.
    Fanfic.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I'd like Old Leia as a new star fighter for the Resistance.
  • TVF
    36716 posts Member
    Options
    Buddy wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

No we don’t! We need one more to make a squad. Then we need to set up a Han Solo faction so that they can all have synergy with each other...

Can't tell if missed joke.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Yeah, it's not like he was front and center like Pao or Bistan.