Best farming spots for gears [Collaborative Idea]

OmarFPG
458 posts Member
edited February 2016
I think it would be a good idea to start a thread to compare farming spot for certain gear or shards. Since there isn't any official notes saying the drop rates for any item in any mission, we could collaborate to find them. I'm aware this requires a lot of farming and a lot of attempts, so that's why the forum seems a great place to do this.

For instance, I'll kick off things with the Mk 4 SoroSuub Keypad Salvage (Mk IV laptop the one that's more required).

I've noticed LS 6-J has been the best drop for me, I usually even get 2 or even 3 in a row there. Fairly constant drops, and my numbers on those have increased since I started farming it in there and instead of the first drop location suggested by the search function because of lazyness on my side of not scrolling further, until one day I was tired of the lack of drops on them on DS 6-C.

Farming spots with two or more common required items are also a nice thing to mention if you're aware of any of those. Sometimes farming for low level gears (green / blue) can take a while, even if it's 6 energy per farm, what if we can increase / maximize our farming by going for the 8 energy missions for a purple gear that's commonly needed too?

Or even two blue items that are commonly needed at low levels. For instance, DS 5-B drops Mk 3 Chiewab Hypo Siringe Prototype Salvage and Mk 4 Fabritech Data Pad Prototype. Those two are required by a few of my characters right now. Farming them at the same time for just 2 more energy, seems like a nice deal for me.

Even adding farming for shards, for instance DS 6-B Hard yields shards for the FOTP and MK IV laptops.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts and findings on this topic.
548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:

Replies

• OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    For Mk 4 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage (needed by Rey, FOTP, Chewie), DS 5-K seems to be fair more better than LS 6-H. I tried 6H a lot of times and have got just 3 or 4 of them. I tried the 5K with the free energy right now and got 3 or 4 right away. Very small sample size, but the results are evident right away anyways. :)
  • Options
    All are the same.
  • Options
    I find in the bathroom to be a great place because when you get that 50th purple hair dryer drop it is all about releasing the hounds.
  • Options
    The Mk 1 CEC Fusion Furnace drops up to 3 at a time on Light Side 1-D...yeah, it's ridiculously low level gear, but used in a LOT of crafting recipes so I thought that might be helpful
    Level 58 | {F2P} | Ally Code: 848-936-627
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    1-C ls is the best place to farm BAWAM MKI, 1 or 2 drops every time
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Indeed, LS 1-C is great for those low level ones, there are five items there four of them required by a lot at low levels, and one of them has a chance for two drops :) that's one of my most farmed nodes for gear level 1-4 give or take.

• Options
    I mix it up , once I get 3-4 in a row of the same gear I switch to the next place to farm it, I was able to get 40 purple mk4 laptop on 4 refresheses.
  • Options
    Yeah, me too, @VIII
    For some reason switching it up actually does seem more effective than just spamming sim cards on the same battle over and over. Wonder if that actually has some basis or if it's just superstition...maybe the drop rate lowers if the game can sense your desperation, lmao
    Level 58 | {F2P} | Ally Code: 848-936-627
  • Options
    I believe it's pure RnG and confirmation bias. Do 200 pulls on each node and report back.

You are better of looking for the down ballot gears that you need or hard nodes for double purples.
  • Options
    I recall a while ago the Devs reporting that nodes with less gear drops were the best nodes to farm for gear. I stick with that mentality and for the most part have decent luck. Cuffs on the other hand, they do not discriminate, they hate everyone equally.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Do 200 pulls on each node and report back.

This is the point of the thread :) since 200 pulls on each node is too much for someone, a collaborative work could be good to determine if there are effectively better nodes than others

Greg1920 wrote: »
    or hard nodes for double purples.
    Or this, nodes with two or more usually required gears / shards. :)
  • Options
    @Danielle I think each battle node has its own percentage of giveaways and by mixing it up you get the best of all of them
  • Marthvadir
    272 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Besides the challenges each week. Which is the best node for the mk 3 arakyd droid callers. I need crap tons of these
    Guild: Order 66 501st Division
  • Options
    Mmm, love the taste of necro at 3.44 pm.