February-The Month of the Sith

Replies

• Options
    Prudkoan wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon we will have some news before weekend starts?
    Hiya,
    We were a bit busy this week with a rather sizable visit, so unfortunately news will have to wait. Fret not- the news, she be a-comin' soon!

Darth KoziSOON confirmed!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Pizel wrote: »
    This entire "thing" has become borderline obnoxious. Stop pulling on strings and just say when you will release info. Stop with all the nonsense please.

There is always the chance of a delay, which could be attributed to a variety of reasons so it is common practice to be very cautious about giving a release date.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    This entire "thing" has become borderline obnoxious. Stop pulling on strings and just say when you will release info. Stop with all the nonsense please.

There is always the chance of a delay, which could be attributed to a variety of reasons so it is common practice to be very cautious about giving a release date.

Wouldn’t want to release something with bugs.
    Heaven forbid that ever happens!
    (Teebo,Barriss, chimera event, daily tickets counter, DSTB etc etc etc etc.........etc.

Just to name a very small few lol
  • Options

They already gave a release date, the 28th. He’s talking about the release of information which I completely agree with.
  • Options
    I know it seems like a crawl, but we'll be back to our regular mountain of activity and updates sooner than you think.

Whoever is in charge of your marketing campaigns is doing his/her job worse than a 3years old kid. At least a kid is creative. What’s the point of keeping all this information? You’re not building curiosity, you are building frustration ergo,less customers.
  • Options
    ubefuct wrote: »
    374388d48f260626cef53bd997e71b34.jpg

Glad someone got it
  • Options
    Month of the Sith ...

That makes players wait until, likely, the very last day before revealing anything substantial, Sith-related. That's not really how the "Month of" concept is supposed to work.

If it's "Cheeseburger" month, you're getting cheeseburgers all month. For the more, err, refined folk, if it's Art Appreciation month, you're getting art exhibits spread out throughout the month. If it's CG, you get one "meh" character, two pretty solid upgrades to existing Siths (admittedly welcomed and long overdue) and ... a lot of "wait, wait, wait" for something (besides a new raid, who knows? Wait, we all know the Gamechangers have known for a few days but they can't say anything).

No matter how awesome whatever is coming is, this is a terrible way to promote new components to the game. It's acceptable for a great game for awhile but it does wear thin (the panic farming, etc. as well). Just hope one day CG decides its time to look past profit spreadsheets and analytics and reward the playerbase by just being upfront and ... Sorry, that sounds delusional just typing it.

For the glass half-full types, I guess you could say we should be thankful it's not a leap year, or else we'd have an extra day to wait?
  • Options
    TukkuRask wrote: »
    Month of the Sith ...

That makes players wait until, likely, the very last day before revealing anything substantial, Sith-related. That's not really how the "Month of" concept is supposed to work.

If it's "Cheeseburger" month, you're getting cheeseburgers all month. For the more, err, refined folk, if it's Art Appreciation month, you're getting art exhibits spread out throughout the month. If it's CG, you get one "meh" character, two pretty solid upgrades to existing Siths (admittedly welcomed and long overdue) and ... a lot of "wait, wait, wait" for something (besides a new raid, who knows? Wait, we all know the Gamechangers have known for a few days but they can't say anything).

No matter how awesome whatever is coming is, this is a terrible way to promote new components to the game. It's acceptable for a great game for awhile but it does wear thin (the panic farming, etc. as well). Just hope one day CG decides its time to look past profit spreadsheets and analytics and reward the playerbase by just being upfront and ... Sorry, that sounds delusional just typing it.

For the glass half-full types, I guess you could say we should be thankful it's not a leap year, or else we'd have an extra day to wait?

Man, that last line <3
  • Options
    Month of the Sith ...

When did CG call it the month of the Sith?
  • Options
    Foiled! Yes, it's true, CG never called it the Month of the Sith. I mistook a member post (not this thread, in fact) as fact. So my apologies to CG on that point.

Rest of my points, I think, are still valid.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Foiled! Yes, it's true, CG never called it the Month of the Sith. I mistook a member post (not this thread, in fact) as fact. So my I to CG on that point.

Rest of my points, I think, are still valid.

Yup, I agree with you. Unfortunately, your logic doesn't fit for games with aggressive micro-transaction business models. Sadly, I can't see this changing.
  • Options
    From Ahnald's Twitter:

How we all feel right now with not being able to share what we learned at the CG trip yet because of the embargo!! @ea_capitalgames c’mon! Let’s give these people some info! #SWGOHtrip #SWGoH

See, even your own GameChangers think your system of information sharing is ... (politely) bad.
  • Options
    From Ahnald's Twitter:

How we all feel right now with not being able to share what we learned at the CG trip yet because of the embargo!! @ea_capitalgames c’mon! Let’s give these people some info! #SWGOHtrip #SWGoH

See, even your own GameChangers think your system of information sharing is ... (politely) bad.

@CG_Kozispoon this waiting is causing a great disturbance in the force!!!.
  • Options
    From Ahnald's Twitter:

I was fully expecting to find out more about the raid because of how much their trip to CG got hyped. This is incredibly obnoxious
  • Options
    "Patience you must have, my young padawan." "That is why you fail."

~Yoda
  • Options
    I am more excited for the return of The Walking Dead tonight than I am this info that is supposedly coming. At some point. When profits allow it.
  • Options
    From Ahnald's Twitter:

I was fully expecting to find out more about the raid because of how much their trip to CG got hyped. This is incredibly obnoxious

They're under an nda, they are legally bound to not talk about it.

It's been one working day. Everyone needs to calm down, the update is going to drop this week, the latest you're going to get info is the day of release.
  • Options
    For all that sith month hype it has been a boring February. Why not just say sith month is starting in March. Fake February hype.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    The concept of "surprise" is not very popular with you guys ....
  • Options
    Let’s hope it comes out later today
  • Options
    Peer wrote: »
    The concept of "surprise" is not very popular with you guys ....

What the Devs have done is not the concept of surprise.
    More in the realm of suspense.
    Wasaaaaay worse. Lol
  • AndyG_Doh
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    “Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.” — Yoda

Fear is the result of not having more updates..
    Anger is manifested in the comments in this forum
    Hate is the message being seen in comments
    Suffering is what many of us are facing, having to read each whiney ar.sed complaint..,

For all that's holy and natural (or Sith & therefore... Unnatural).. Please wait 2 days until the update hits.. then moan for all you are worth if you don't like it..

Rant over
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    2 overdue, but nice reworks + a pretty average character (reports suggest he is bugged) locked behind a paywall for a few months is not enough in my opinion to advertise this as a big dark side month. Pretty much false advertising, especially since the new raid is supposedly launching on the last day of the month...
  • Options
    2 overdue, but nice reworks + a pretty average character (reports suggest he is bugged) locked behind a paywall for a few months is not enough in my opinion to advertise this as a big dark side month. Pretty much false advertising, especially since the new raid is supposedly launching on the last day of the month...

You say that but is there anywhere that a dev has flat out said 'this is dark side month'? All I can remember is kozi saying 'challenge accepted' about it being more exciting than last feb
  • Options

You say that but is there anywhere that a dev has flat out said 'this is dark side month'? All I can remember is kozi saying 'challenge accepted' about it being more exciting than last feb

Challenge failed
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Darth KoziSOON confirmed!

If I was a developer, I would totally make myself a playable character...For a special non-PVP account :P
  • Options
    Genuinely don't get the stress and anxiety about waiting either for information or for the event itself.

It will happen when it happens and then we will all be able to experience it.

What's the problem with that?
  • Options
    Any chance that we will get some news today?
  • Options
    Lol, okay, today would be a good day to let the Game Changers release their videos. Pretty please?! :D
  • Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Lol, okay, today would be a good day to let the Game Changers release their videos. Pretty please?! :D

Totally agree! It would be a good way to kick off the week!