Road Ahead 2/8/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Is the update coming this month or future?
  • Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Is the update coming this month or future?

It should be this month. The marquee event is for the 16th.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    The real QoL offender, at least for me, is Arena payout times being at the busiest part of my day when I'm least able to play the game. And when I am able to do them at payout, fleet battles are decided in the first minute, followed by 6 minutes of running down the clock. Booooring. I'd be so happy if they switched to a "highest daily rank achieved" and ditched the arena battle timers - I could do all my arenas in <15mins each, instead of taking the better part of 2 hours watching timers go down.

Agreed on this! Then instead of holding the device in the hand for 3mins35seconds for the last hit, we can focus on other game modes.

This. So much this. Highest rank for the day would really change a lot for people, and also make the "shard gangs" matter way less.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Can you tell us anything regarding it’s „heroic powerlevel“?
    Will it be similar to AAT or Rancor? Harder/completely different thus hard to judge?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

Can you tell us anything regarding it’s „heroic powerlevel“?
    Will it be similar to AAT or Rancor? Harder/completely different thus hard to judge?

They aren’t going to release a whole new raid just to make it trivial like rancor...
  • Options
    It's going to be tougher. I expect the new raid will make HAAT look like HAAT made pit raid look.
  • Options
    ^^ my best guess would be level 95
    Gear 13
    7dot mod enemies
  • Options
    Gear 13
    7dot mod enemies

Isn't it too soon for gear 13? Mods and maybe lvl cap increase. It is going to be HUUUUUGEAH!
  • Options
    Gear 13
    7dot mod enemies

Isn't it too soon for gear 13? Mods and maybe lvl cap increase. It is going to be HUUUUUGEAH!

I’m saying the level of the enemies. Not for us :)
  • Options
    Gear 13
    7dot mod enemies

OK. Could be. We should get blown away with all this new. Make SWGOH great again
  • Options
    Gear 13
    7dot mod enemies

OK. Could be. We should get blown away with all this new. Make SWGOH great again

It also opens the realm for new toons to be focused for specific content. Very exciting.
  • Options
    Gear 13
    7dot mod enemies

It also opens the realm for new toons to be focused for specific content. Very exciting.

We have that now, kinda. Legendary events, TW and TB. It makes it for a ton of grinding, which does mean longer life of game.
  • Options
    It would be nice to see a ship battles section in the game to give the ships a bit more importance. It would also give the devs more places to put new characters for farming.
  • Options
    Gear 13
    7dot mod enemies

We have that now, kinda. Legendary events, TW and TB. It makes it for a ton of grinding, which does mean longer life of game.

I enjoy the grind to an extent. I like that whoever I’m working on usually gets a little better each day.
    So far I’m waiting for BH for this month. So many cuffs :(
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice to see a ship battles section in the game to give the ships a bit more importance. It would also give the devs more places to put new characters for farming.

Ship battles would be fine, but let's not encourage them to put more characters to a single hard node. I am still hoping that they run out of hard nodes and 16 energy cantina nodes soon and will be forced to add to shops.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I didn't get everything I wanted out of this update either - but then, how could anyone? We all want something, and you just can't give everyone everything no matter how hard you try. All in all, this is a really good update already, and I suspect the goodness isn't up yet.

So for me? This has been an awesome birthday! Thanks, gang.

One last note - at the rate they're adding Old Republic characters now they're going to have to get their own faction tag.

That is doubtful. Either @CG_CapGaSP or conduit talked about this before. Went along the lines of the tags are what the character would identify themselves as. So while these are old republic characters to the current time frame they wouldn't identify themselves as old republic because at the time it wasn't the old republic. Granted anything can change but Dev's have commented on this before.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I didn't get everything I wanted out of this update either - but then, how could anyone? We all want something, and you just can't give everyone everything no matter how hard you try. All in all, this is a really good update already, and I suspect the goodness isn't up yet.

So for me? This has been an awesome birthday! Thanks, gang.

One last note - at the rate they're adding Old Republic characters now they're going to have to get their own faction tag.

That is doubtful. Either @CG_CapGaSP or conduit talked about this before. Went along the lines of the tags are what the character would identify themselves as. So while these are old republic characters to the current time frame they wouldn't identify themselves as old republic because at the time it wasn't the old republic. Granted anything can change but Dev's have commented on this before.

Except when it comes to Rogue one - self identified - but, out in the winds. Faction Tags are more a set of guidelines then actual rules.....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    The sith raid looks promising, new content is always welcome! And I'm glad the QoL notes are just a teaser, because most of those are either bug fixes (raid tickets) or minor improvements (defense wins in TWs and tie breakers).
    Simming GW and Heists is alright, but since they made GW easy, it's less than 10 minutes worth with troopers for me (mostly transitions), and heists have been a 2 minute auto affair for at least the past year.
    The real QoL offender, at least for me, is Arena payout times being at the busiest part of my day when I'm least able to play the game. And when I am able to do them at payout, fleet battles are decided in the first minute, followed by 6 minutes of running down the clock. Booooring. I'd be so happy if they switched to a "highest daily rank achieved" and ditched the arena battle timers - I could do all my arenas in <15mins each, instead of taking the better part of 2 hours watching timers go down.

Never going to happen. CG is precise about the number of crystals they let go out for free... why when they decided to add crystals to ships, they only added to top 20. If they made it highest daily rank, rather than rank at payout; they would be quadrupling or quintupling the number of free crystals going out daily, they would sell far fewer, and that would hit their bottom line hard.
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    The sith raid looks promising, new content is always welcome! And I'm glad the QoL notes are just a teaser, because most of those are either bug fixes (raid tickets) or minor improvements (defense wins in TWs and tie breakers).
    Simming GW and Heists is alright, but since they made GW easy, it's less than 10 minutes worth with troopers for me (mostly transitions), and heists have been a 2 minute auto affair for at least the past year.

Never going to happen. CG is precise about the number of crystals they let go out for free... why when they decided to add crystals to ships, they only added to top 20. If they made it highest daily rank, rather than rank at payout; they would be quadrupling or quintupling the number of free crystals going out daily, they would sell far fewer, and that would hit their bottom line hard.

Ok but they could still give us a one-time chance to choose our payout time. Then it wouldn't overlap with dinner/family time like it does now.
  • Options
    This is a good update. The continued QoL updates that have been rolling thru to ease the grind will keep me here on the honorable. I was burning out for sure.
  • Options
    Macattack9 wrote: »

Ok but they could still give us a one-time chance to choose our payout time. Then it wouldn't overlap with dinner/family time like it does now.

Or align it to the “major” Time zones throughout the world? And can pick one of them or stay the same you’re in?
  • Options

With collusion you could (theoretically- obviously) have 24 #1 payouts a day - I'm not sure that's exactly WAI, but what do I know.

Need a point system and at end of day top points gets #1 and so on. The end. Like many many a game does. Then you'd have real competition - and not shardmates with their mini guilds all getting 1st place.

Don't get me wrong, I've worked with guys to lock people up myself - I get the use - but it doesn't make it a real competitive arena experience.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options

I'm not so sure about "never". Shard collusion is already significantly and artificially boosting the number of daily crystals going out. Given the exponential nature of the shrinking tier size and increasing rewards as you get to the top, for the most part I don't think the new scheme would pay out that much more - maybe 25-75 more crystals per player on average. You still have to break into the top 10 to get the big money, and that's no easy task for most, regardless of the time of day. It's likely the top 40 or so that might see the biggest benefit in terms of payout (those actually able to reach the top 5).
    Since the arenas were introduced they've given us a lot more to actually spend crystals on - gear, mods, 4 more store refreshes, more frequent character packs, event refreshes, etc. I don't think a few more crystals in the economy would hurt.
    But I do agree, I think it's unlikely to happen any time soon. It'd be a great nod to the community, but given their pricing on packs, they seem a lot less concerned about QoL than they are with $. Anyway - my original post was less about suggesting that they change it, and more of a commentary on how terrible the current arena constructs are for QoL.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I'm really excited about it all and can't wait for it to be released! Territory Wars part. I think it'll bring more participants to it now!
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    All sounds great! But no Bronzonium shortcut to cash in your credits for more than one at a time? Maybe a replicator to exchange a ton of low end gear for high end salvage pieces?

Regardless, looking forward to this update!!
  • Options

Agreed. Options are our friends. I’m lucky I have a 2 hour window to move around in arena. Fleet no way. 6pm-7pm I’m in school or on the subway going home. While there is service in stations, there isn’t in between them :(.

Getting to run Empire in arena and fleet is something awesome for me and may not last long. An option to change times (maybe a one time only) or highest rank in 24 hours. It’s not even a #1 thing it’s more about availability. I’ve been playing this game since dec ‘15 and I think something is due for arguably the two most important aspects of this game.

I third the need to change arena times, or another end around. I picked up this game overseas so my payout is at 3am...
  • Options
    Y'all spend a lot of time speculating and hyping yourselves up, only to be disappointed when they don't do the stuff y'all made up. :|
  • Options
    Love this game but there is just not enough content. And the content that exists is shortlived. I don't like the idea of simming GW. That is the best part of the game. I like that it entertains me for awhile. That is the whole point of a game. As of now, I can run through all of the daily content in less than 1.5 hours then I am off playing other games. I would like to focus just on this one. So a couple of thoughts. Take pointers from Summoner's War and Legacy of Discord. Add a tower of ascension that is meant to take a month to complete. Let energy drop from battles and make it easier to get. Summoner's War is one of highest grossing games ever because they figured out they make more money if they keep people playing. Anyhow just my thoughts. I am sure not everyone will agree. May the force be with you.
  • Options
    Next Years February will be when Revan is coming out. Since they will have to top this February. Confirmed :D
  • Options
    Simmable Galactic War? Thank you so much
This discussion has been closed.