Need Advice on My Lvl 60 Phoenix Squad and Space/General Progression

13Next

Replies

• Letareus
    103 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    As I'm not 100% on what your transition team is, I'd say yes. I've seen people recommend using Boba Fett as a placeholder for Thrawn, before, so that'd make sense. Are you going to be running Tarkin (L), Vader, Thrawn, TFP and one more? Sion would feed Vader's unique, but KRU's nice for control. Thrawn lead's not a bad idea either, but his AI isn't very intelligent. When you get Palpatine you could probably drop the fifth and have a pretty successful team (assuming the Empire/Sith meta was still king), assuming you had solid speed mods.

As far as mod types go, it'll probably be months after you're max level until you can build the teams for those highly desired mods (speed/crit damage).

Ah yeah, sorry, I should have been clear on what my planned transition team is. It was based on your recommendations, and I was actually going off your recommendation of Boba Fett as a possible option, on this very page lol. The placeholder/transition team I had planned was Tarkin, Vader, TFP, Boba Fett, KRU. Boba Fett and KRU are placeholders for Thrawn/Palpatine. I would consider Sion but I have no idea where to get his shards so I assume he's not F2P.

I think I'm ready for Palpatine, but have to wait for his rare event. Does his event usually follow after Thrawn? Last time for Palpatine was February I think, and I didn't have Phoenix starred up enough at the time (I actually just started playing this game in January).

So speed and crit damage are the most useful mod types besides health? That's good to know; I would have thought crit chance would have been one of the best ones, and maybe potency, offense, and protection.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    a
    Post edited by Letareus on
  • Options
    Letareus wrote: »
    As I'm not 100% on what your transition team is, I'd say yes. I've seen people recommend using Boba Fett as a placeholder for Thrawn, before, so that'd make sense. Are you going to be running Tarkin (L), Vader, Thrawn, TFP and one more? Sion would feed Vader's unique, but KRU's nice for control. Thrawn lead's not a bad idea either, but his AI isn't very intelligent. When you get Palpatine you could probably drop the fifth and have a pretty successful team (assuming the Empire/Sith meta was still king), assuming you had solid speed mods.

As far as mod types go, it'll probably be months after you're max level until you can build the teams for those highly desired mods (speed/crit damage).

Ah, sorry, I should have been more specific about what my planned transition/placeholder team is. It is Tarkin, Vader, TFP, Boba Fett, and KRU. I'd consider Sion but I have no idea where to get his shards so I assume he's not F2P (I have him at 3 stars and he's stuck there unless I can get more shards). I actually picked Boba Fett based on your recommendation in this very thread lol.

I wish Palpatine's event would come around soon. I feel like I've been ready for a while now. Does his event usually follow Thrawn's? That seems to have been the case last time around (a couple months ago) but that may have been a coincidence.

So speed and crit damage are the most useful mod types besides health? Good to know. I would have imagined that crit chance would have been up there as well, and maybe potency.

Yeah, Sion's in that weird part of his release cadence where he's not in the packs in the store but hasn't been released to Chromiums/Shipments yet (I think that'll change with the next update). Will probably be another month or so before he's moved somewhere accessible (though given where Nihilus is... maybe he'll replace Ewok Scout in DS 9B).

I think we're still waiting to see how this new Legendary event cadence settles; CG's said we should expect to see the events every three to four months (so next month at earliest). Used to be that Yoda and Palpatine would alternate each month, but alas.

That seems to be the consensus, but I've seen people advocating for Tenacity, Potency, and Offense mods on occasion. Critical Damage is probably also the only Mod Challenge you're going to have to go out of your way to build a team for. Pretty much every other Challenge requires teams you need for other things, or will get just by playing through the game. Resistance for Speed mods might feel that way too, depending on your farming schedule, since you're not really going to get an entire team just preparing for JTR (since Veterans lack a Resistance tag), but they're still a solid HAAT team.
  • Options
    I did it! 7 star Thrawn.
    https://imgur.com/FjCNG4I
    https://imgur.com/cNp65b7

I did it at level 80 with Ezra at Gear 10.16, Hera at Gear 10.0, Zeb at Gear 9.5, Chopper at Gear 9.16, and Kanan at Gear 8.5. 4 omegas: Kanan and Zeb's uniques, Ezra's basic, and Hera's Leader (only b/c it was 3 tokens). Took me about 8-10 tries. I also beat the first two tiers of Mythic Thrawn and all three tiers of Secrets and Shadows Assault Battles. That Sidious on the bonus tier was a killer.

So the question is, what now? Ironically, my Phoenix team has been seeing much more success in arena since I started upgrading their gear again. I'm being knocked back a lot less every day so I'm able to get higher ranks. I'm able to get into the top 50 again on most days, but I still have to avoid Palpatine/Sion teams. And while Nightsisters without Acolyte stealth cheese are still usually easy pickings, a few Nightsister teams, usually the ones with spirits, are starting to give me trouble. I usually climb up on First Order teams, which are almost always easy wins for me, and select Nightsister teams (without the stealth cheese). And I haven't tried arena yet since hitting 80 and adding all those omegas.

So, should I stop Phoenix again and start gearing up my transition team consisting of: Tarkin, Vader, Thrawn, TFP, and KRU? If so, what should my Omega priority be? I have 12 tokens atm, so I can omega two abilities. I assume it would be Tarkin, Vader, or Thrawn but I have no idea which abilities are most important. As a reminder, my arena top 100 mainly consists of Palpatine teams, Sith mix, Wiggs, Nightsisters, and First Order. My Phoenix team can handle the last two fairly easily and reliably, Wiggs about 30-40% of the time, Sith without Sion almost 100% of the time, Sith with Sion never, and Palpatine never.
  • Options
    First off, congrats on Thrawn. It's a big achievement.

I'm in a similar boat - the "what next?" for Phoenix. I don't need them for Thrawn, they're more than strong enough to get 7* EP when he comes back, and they don't struggle in GW at all. They are becoming less and less viable in squad arena, and even their ships aren't really fitting in my fleet anymore.

I've gone to a Thrawn/EP/Vader/TFP/Tarkin team. It's still about 12k GP behind phoenix, but as I focus on them the gap will close.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I did it! 7 star Thrawn.

So, should I stop Phoenix again and start gearing up my transition team consisting of: Tarkin, Vader, Thrawn, TFP, and KRU? If so, what should my Omega priority be? I have 12 tokens atm, so I can omega two abilities. I assume it would be Tarkin, Vader, or Thrawn but I have no idea which abilities are most important. As a reminder, my arena top 100 mainly consists of Palpatine teams, Sith mix, Wiggs, Nightsisters, and First Order. My Phoenix team can handle the last two fairly easily and reliably, Wiggs about 30-40% of the time, Sith without Sion almost 100% of the time, Sith with Sion never, and Palpatine never.

Congratulations on Thrawn!

As far as your arena team goes: if it ain't broke don't fix it. If you're still doing well with your Phoenix team, stick with them for now, but I would be cautious about investing too many more resources into them unless you plan on going for the G12, quintuple zeta route. However, I would recommend working on your planned-for arena team so that you can swap to them immediately--assuming you've got them to a point they're arena viable--once your shard starts knocking your Nix team around again (you probably have until they start getting their hands on G12 and zeta abilities).

As far as omegas: look at what does the team most good--either buffs your team, or debuffs the enemy team--then those that substantially improve the way a character or their kit works, then those that give you more damage. In the case of your new arena team: Tarkin's Ultimate Firepower, first (consider doing his basic too); Vader's Force Crush, or Thrawn's Fracture (that -1 Cooldown is nice) second; then--depending on whether you're more offensive, defensive, or control minded--KRU's Halt, Vader's basic, TFP's TIE strike (kind've irrelevant in a party with Vader) or Evasive Maneuvers (that Foresight gets real annoying), Thrawn's basic (works well with Vader's omega basic) or Grand Admiral's Command (you may want to do that one for raids anyways) are all other good options. You'll want to get them all of their omegas eventually, and when you get Palpatine get him his special(s) and basic ASAP.
    First off, congrats on Thrawn. It's a big achievement.

I'm in a similar boat - the "what next?" for Phoenix. I don't need them for Thrawn, they're more than strong enough to get 7* EP when he comes back, and they don't struggle in GW at all. They are becoming less and less viable in squad arena, and even their ships aren't really fitting in my fleet anymore.

I've gone to a Thrawn/EP/Vader/TFP/Tarkin team. It's still about 12k GP behind phoenix, but as I focus on them the gap will close.

If you're running Palpatine set him to your leader on your last fight of the day--if you aren't already running him as your lead--just because Thrawn's leader AI is a little, shall we say, dumb? Make sure you get Tarkin his omegas ASAP in this line up--basic is slightly less important under a Palpatine lead, but you really want him to stick that TMR--and you should be golden until your arena shard is much more deep end-game or the meta changes (I hate fighting this team tbh).

If you're looking for a farming path now that you've finished Phoenix--you'll still use them in Territory Battles, Wars, and a handful of other things--you'll want to finish your Empire team to 7 stars for R2-D2, and grab the ANH squad for CLS (Farmboy, Old Ben, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and R2-D2; R2-D2 is a pain in the behind to gear so it's worth looking up what he needs prior to the event and stockpiling everything you need to get him to G8/9). If you've already prepared for CLS--or want to plan for after him--consider getting a head start on JTR: First Order (now easier to farm than ever) for BB-8 and Rey/Finn for JTR herself, the veterans remain unavailable until--except through Shipments--until level 83.

I'd keep working on Phoenix--or Rebel ships in general--until you're squared away for Chimaera.
  • Options

If you're running Palpatine set him to your leader on your last fight of the day--if you aren't already running him as your lead--just because Thrawn's leader AI is a little, shall we say, dumb? Make sure you get Tarkin his omegas ASAP in this line up--basic is slightly less important under a Palpatine lead, but you really want him to stick that TMR--and you should be golden until your arena shard is much more deep end-game or the meta changes (I hate fighting this team tbh).

If you're looking for a farming path now that you've finished Phoenix--you'll still use them in Territory Battles, Wars, and a handful of other things--you'll want to finish your Empire team to 7 stars for R2-D2, and grab the ANH squad for CLS (Farmboy, Old Ben, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and R2-D2; R2-D2 is a pain in the behind to gear so it's worth looking up what he needs prior to the event and stockpiling everything you need to get him to G8/9). If you've already prepared for CLS--or want to plan for after him--consider getting a head start on JTR: First Order (now easier to farm than ever) for BB-8 and Rey/Finn for JTR herself, the veterans remain unavailable until--except through Shipments--until level 83.

I'd keep working on Phoenix--or Rebel ships in general--until you're squared away for Chimaera.

Thanks! Didn't think about the leader switch. Just tried my squad in Arena, 53k vs 64k Phoenix squad (there's plenty of those around right now) and I won handily. It will just get better as I get Thrawn (73) and EP (72) get up to speed.

I have started looking towards CLS - R2 is 5, but my Empire team will be ready. So I've started looking to STHan (53/100), Old Ben, Leia and Luke.

JTR is a bit further out, since I am not really FO heavy, and I have nothing when it comes to rey/finn/vets.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options

Thanks! Didn't think about the leader switch. Just tried my squad in Arena, 53k vs 64k Phoenix squad (there's plenty of those around right now) and I won handily. It will just get better as I get Thrawn (73) and EP (72) get up to speed.

I have started looking towards CLS - R2 is 5, but my Empire team will be ready. So I've started looking to STHan (53/100), Old Ben, Leia and Luke.

JTR is a bit further out, since I am not really FO heavy, and I have nothing when it comes to rey/finn/vets.

GP doesn't really matter half as much as a lot of people think it does (I easily handled a 20k power difference in the other-guy's favor yesterday--a 91k zeta'd Asajj lead with my 72k, no zetas Palpatine team; didn't help them that their other zeta was on Talzin's lead and they were running Nihilus with NS--and tend to do that sort of thing all the time; mods matter more than GP and even gear level); it's intimidation factor.

Plan on CLS returning in about two months (they said every three to four months, so plan for the worst case scenario), and take advantage of the guild store when farming your ANH team (they show up there semi-regularly if you're not working on other characters/focusing on gear at the moment).
  • Options
    I did it! 7 star Thrawn.

SNIP

So the question is, what now? Ironically, my Phoenix team has been seeing much more success in arena since I started upgrading their gear again. I'm being knocked back a lot less every day so I'm able to get higher ranks. I'm able to get into the top 50 again on most days, but I still have to avoid Palpatine/Sion teams. And while Nightsisters without Acolyte stealth cheese are still usually easy pickings, a few Nightsister teams, usually the ones with spirits, are starting to give me trouble. I usually climb up on First Order teams, which are almost always easy wins for me, and select Nightsister teams (without the stealth cheese). And I haven't tried arena yet since hitting 80 and adding all those omegas.

Letareus, what is you current crystal influx now? I really think that developing Empire is a must, and it doesn't have to interfere with keeping Px strong. The good thing is that both PX and the dark side characters you mentioned work in many areas of the game (galactic war, squad arena, fleet arena, some of the good events, raids,etc). It's impossible to go wrong with Darth Vader and Thrawn, they are amazing.

I have my Tie Fighter Pilot fully omega'd and his ability and buff blocks and incredibly useful. Also, I have his ship at 95% of its max galactic power. Tarkin is one of my MVP's in both fleet arena and galactic war. All these Imperials plus a 7star Palpatine (using Px) witll help you to get R2D2.

The reason I asked you about crystal influx is because it can help you to develop Empire while not disregarding the rest of your needs (Boba Fett, Biggs, First Order Tie pilot, toons required for CLS, etc). I do 5-6 refills a day between cantina and normal energy. I mostly spend guild currency to buy gear, it will accelerate the gearing of those Imperial toons you want to use in many areas of the game. Before the end of May, you could have a very strong Empire team, in addition to your Px.

I did the opposite, I developed Empire + pilots (First order tie pilot, Boba Fett, Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka Tano) first, then switched to Px. KRU is a great option too, but I wanted to 7star the Imperial pilot via cantina first. Most of my crystals come from fleet arena, and he was essential in my strategy.
    ImperialCommanderShepard in SWGoH (Ally Code 297-277-437)

lOGRLCl CommanderShepard in HoDA

Find our Guild here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126148/praise-the-sun-for-some-jolly-co-op#latest

• Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Options
    So I have Palpatine now, yay. And just in time b/c my Phoenix squad has been turning into crap again in the arena. I can still win many battles with it and climb up every day, but I get knocked back more and more every day, just like the last time this happened. I'm a little annoyed that they had to put Palpatine AFTER R2D2 when they just had R2D2 like 1 month ago or something and no Palpatine for about 3 months. I'm also really surprised at how easy the Palpatine fight is compared to Thrawn's. Ironically, I just finished farming KRU shards just as I got Palpatine and never got to use him in the arena lol.
    Letareus, what is you current crystal influx now? I really think that developing Empire is a must, and it doesn't have to interfere with keeping Px strong. The good thing is that both PX and the dark side characters you mentioned work in many areas of the game (galactic war, squad arena, fleet arena, some of the good events, raids,etc). It's impossible to go wrong with Darth Vader and Thrawn, they are amazing.

I have my Tie Fighter Pilot fully omega'd and his ability and buff blocks and incredibly useful. Also, I have his ship at 95% of its max galactic power. Tarkin is one of my MVP's in both fleet arena and galactic war. All these Imperials plus a 7star Palpatine (using Px) witll help you to get R2D2.

The reason I asked you about crystal influx is because it can help you to develop Empire while not disregarding the rest of your needs (Boba Fett, Biggs, First Order Tie pilot, toons required for CLS, etc). I do 5-6 refills a day between cantina and normal energy. I mostly spend guild currency to buy gear, it will accelerate the gearing of those Imperial toons you want to use in many areas of the game. Before the end of May, you could have a very strong Empire team, in addition to your Px.

I did the opposite, I developed Empire + pilots (First order tie pilot, Boba Fett, Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka Tano) first, then switched to Px. KRU is a great option too, but I wanted to 7star the Imperial pilot via cantina first. Most of my crystals come from fleet arena, and he was essential in my strategy.

My crystal influx is what I get from level 1-50 or 51-100 rank in squad arena and rank 1-2 in fleet arena every day. Yep, I've been locking down rank 1-2 pretty reliably in my shard. I'm basically competing with 2 other people who last minute snipe. A few others would have a chance but I don't think they have time to last minute snipe.

I've been prioritizing my fleet as well as my squad arena squad. I farmed both FO TFP HM shards every day and just 7 starred it a few days ago. I have 7 star Tarkin with 6 star Executrix, 7 star Vader with 6 star Tie Advanced, 7 star Boba Fett with 5 star Slave I, all Phoenix at 7 stars basically with both Phoenix ships 7 star, both Tie Fighters at 7 stars with 7 star pilots, and Biggs and his X-Wing at 7 stars. You can see all the details on my swgoh profile in my OP. I had been using Ahsoka's ship but have been relying on it less and less lately, and have been leveling up Tie Silencer and KRU (just 7 starred KRU). I started farming Shore Trooper and Tie Reaper as soon as that opened up for me, obviously haven't unlocked either one or DT yet.

I'm a bit **** that I wasn't able to get Executrix last time around. The 5 star battle was really hard and I only had 3 rebel ships with enough stars at the time. Next time around I should have 5 rebel ships (Phoenix x2, Biggs, Wedge, and Bistan's U-Wing) but I'm afraid that won't be enough to 7 star it (I hope I won't need Cassian's U-Wing b/c Jyn Erso is so hard to get).

So basically since getting Palpatine I slacked off for a bit and kept trying to go with Phoenix, but today I got knocked above 150 in squad arena which is more than I've ever been. So I just transferred all my best mods over to my Empire Squad from Phoenix. I hope this doesn't cripple my Phoenix team too badly since they're still useful for Galactic War and a few other things. An assault battle that uses Phoenix is coming in a few days and I really hope I won't have to move mods back to Phoenix for that.

Now that I have my full Palpatine squad and have gotten pretty much everything that I need out of Phoenix (Thrawn, Palpatine) and am almost 85 (just hit 84 yesterday), I'm wondering where I should go next. Obviously there are a ton of things I can do. I'm definitely going to work on gearing up my Palpatine team for a bit and maybe farm some more mods. It's probably set as an R2D2 team (btw I managed to get 5 star R2D2 before that event ended) But beyond that, I wonder what I should focus on long term. Here are the options as I see them:

-Build some real raid teams. I've been using Phoenix and my Empire squads (and all the other miscellaneous toons I have from fleet and other stuff including a partial Wiggs team) as sort of non-ideal raid teams, though I've learned that for certain phases they do OK. My guild has Heroic Rancor and HAAT on farm and is doing tier 4 Sith Triumvirate regularly. I'm now concerned (and have been for a while) about ranking in participation and not just getting the base line rewards from 0 damage. I could use some advice on the easiest way to do this for as little investment as possible, preferably by farming a few characters that can turn my existing toons into more viable teams.

-Build a real bounty hunter team. I have my bounty hunters/scoundrels, or rather Boba Fett at the level where I can do the maximum tier heists. But Boba is the only real high level geared character that carries the entire fight and survives till the end. The others are trash that mostly die in 1-2 hits. Obviously, this team was totally inadequate for the recent Bounty Hunter events. Since I can do the heists with what I have, I'm not sure how important this is. I have been leveling up my ST Han (though he's not a BH) and after that I'll be leveling up IG88.

-Build my CLS team. I have no idea how far off CLS is and am afraid that R2D2 will come AFTER CLS next time around, since they just had him a couple days ago. Also, CLS wasn't that long ago either.

-Build mod teams. Specialist teams for certain mod teams might be something I want to do, but I'd only get them if I know that I need them. I will build the team only after I've established a need for a certain type of mod, and as far as I can tell, there's a lot of debate over what the best mod types are. Maybe I should just stick with Health.

-Executrix fleet - I'll be gradually farming what I need for Executrix no matter what - basically Bistan's U-wing, Wedge, Ackbar/Home One.

-Shore Trooper/Death Trooper - I'm going to be farming these anyway for Tie Reaper, but I'm wondering how these fit in for endgame squad arena since I heard that these are part of the meta for a Palpatine team. I assume Shore Trooper could replace TFP? No idea how DT fits in.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So far u seem to be progressing well. My suggestion is this:

1. Stop leveling phoenix. The only reason to level them now will be to do secrets and shadows, and for that you will need sabine instead of ezra. The ghost and spectre are decent at low levels.
    2. Split your focus between fleet and FA. Basically everything that benefits you in both areas will do u well. Tfp, vader and kru are good options. Make sure you have FOTP and biggs farmed too.
    3. You dont seem to have chimaera yet. You need to level both ackbar and tarkin for FA. Ackbar for chimaera, tarkin for zeta challenges. As long as you unlock 5* chimaera, you will hold much easier in FA.
    4. For SA, the meta is now zEp lead. Goes well with vader and tfp which can be used in FA. You already have thrawn, and could throw in KRU as well.
    5. Prep for CLS. Once you get CLS, prep for JTR.
    6. Unlock DT. You just need him to pilot the reaper and you can work on him again later.
    7. Have zombie and MT on some level of farm.
    8. You will eventually need rex. Since your guild does HAAT, makes sense to prep your toons for the meta rex team.
    9. The easier-to-obtain haat and hpit teams will affect your progress on the above. My suggestion is just forgo your ranking in those. You can easily do some damage to push your rank up abt further for Hpit so u can get more solo shards.
    10. *edit* DT doesnt fit into most endgame teams at the moment, but he's needed for hsith. Like i said in #6 above, you just need to unlock him for reaper. Most fleets wont even run reaper at your current level.

This was the general path i followed for my alt. Started my alt in dec-17 and it alr has cls, thrawn, chimaera, bb8, r2, ep and am working on finn and vets now.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Options
    My new Palpatine squad is kicking ****... against other Palpatine squads lol. My shard is like 70% Palpatine squads right now so that can be good, but I then got my **** handed to me by a Nightsister squad (Ventress lead) and a Wiggs squad that I probably would have beaten with Phoenix. Any advice against Wiggs and Nightsisters for my Palpatine team?

Also, which Palpatine ability to I zeta first? The leader ability or the unique?

And **CORRECTION**, in my previous post when I said Executrix I meant Chimaera, except the first time I said Executrix. If I edit my post the entire post might disappear; that's happened once or twice on this forum.
    I do 5-6 refills a day between cantina and normal energy. I mostly spend guild currency to buy gear...

Forgot to mention, I do approximately 8 refills a day - normal energy until it goes up to 200, cantina energy until it goes up to 200, so Normal x5, Cantina x3.

And yeah, recently I have mostly been spending guild currency to buy gear as well. Though I unfortunately have to spend some to buy Jyn Erso from time to time b/c of Cassian's stupid U-Wing which I might need for Chimaera.
    Stop leveling phoenix. The only reason to level them now will be to do secrets and shadows, and for that you will need sabine instead of ezra. The ghost and spectre are decent at low levels.

Sorry, I should have been clear that I already did that. I haven't geared them up for 2 weeks or something.
    BTW, I just did secrets and shadows including the bonus tier with my B mods (though I swapped a few arrow mods) with Chopper not Sabine. My Sabine is only 5 stars and undergeared. I'm going to continue with Sabine until she's 7 stars though.

My Phoenix ships are some of my best ships even at level 84 and like I said I'm rank 1-2 in my fleet shard almost every day. I know that they're not part of the endgame meta though and I'm planning for that. The meta as I understand it is Chimaera, Tie Advanced, Tie Reaper, Tie Fighter, FO Tie Fighter, Biggs, Scimitar. That's always been my long term plan, though using some other ships as subs until I could get them all was also part of the plan.
    So far u seem to be progressing well....

I appreciate the post but I'm not sure you read the thread in detail. Many of the things you say are redundant - things I've already done or been doing or even repeating things I've actually said myself. For example, I just said that I 7 starred FO TFP recently. I understand though, it's a long thread. And it's not really a Phoenix trhead anymore and hasn't been for a while so maybe I should make a new thread.

Though I hear you on the advice to forgo raid teams in favor of prepping for CLS and JTR, but if they pull some **** like CLS before R2D2 next time like they pulled this R2D2 before Palpatine **** just now, that may be moot. Some solo Rancor teams don't seem to be so hard to build with what I already have so I may or may not build some sort of raid team.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    And **CORRECTION**, in my previous post when I said Executrix I meant Chimaera, except the first time I said Executrix. If I edit my post the entire post might disappear; that's happened once or twice on this forum.

I was going to give you so much crap over that!

Jokes, aside; I say you keep working on those Legendary teams--in the three times CLS has returned so far, R2-D2 has always returned shortly before or at the same time as CLS--if only because they help make up some good raid teams (and other assorted teams) around. I don't want you to miss on CLS when he returns because Palpatine returned after R2-D2--R2-D2 doesn't require specific characters the way CLS does, it's relatively safe to assume R2-D2 will always come back before CLS, same with BB-8 and JTR; for any newbies reading this thread, if relying on using Palpatine or Thrawn for R2-D2 always farm back up characters just in case--especially when some guilds are stubborn about people getting CLS just for the LSTB mission(s) requiring him. I'm finally wrapping up the Legendary/Journey team farm--just need to throw some gear on my JTR team and finish farming Finn and Rey; just finished my Veterans and BB-8's been done for awhile anyway--and I'd say it's been about six months since I first picked up my Phoenix team (I honestly don't remember, I've been playing the game since October)--and then my next big project will be Territory Battle teams. You'll get most of your mod teams building for Legendaries, too; Jawas and Scoundrels are probably the only exceptions.

For Rancor I'm currently using Vader L (I'm about to swap him out for Ackbar; culling blade means I can't let it auto), CLS, Ezra, BB-8, and Thrawn. For the Tank--though my guild isn't doing Heroic yet; will put our next test within the week--I built up the Ackbar L, CLS, BB-8, Thrawm, Asajj/Solo team (you need zetas on CLS' IBAT and either raid Han's or Asajj's unique). For Sith I just throw random things at it still, but my troopers team--being built primarily for DSTB--is coming along nicely, and it won't be too long until I'm working on Deathtrooper (I was planning to start him and Captain Han once I finished Veterans, but Finn isn't showing often enough in the guild store for my tastes so I'm going to finish him first). I probably won't work more on my Hunters until Bossk is farmable, so we'll see how that goes.

TIE Reaper seems like a good ship so far, but may be a liability at first if you're at the very top of your fleet shard--if only because I don't know yet how much gear it takes not to be squishy; my ShT is 5 stars G8, DT is 2 stars G7, Reaper, mine's 5 stars, has 4/5 bars of health at the moment--and it helps me climb higher than I ordinarily can on offense. I really only try to break into the top 20--can't seem to get higher than 15ish at the moment, but I'm not really too worried about it--so take that as you will. I'll probably be dropping KRU in my arena team for Shoretrooper when he's got a bit more gear on him, but if you're running the EP, DV, GMT, TFP, GAT team I generally have more trouble with that team than one with ShT. I can generally control ShT, unless their team is significantly faster than mine anyway (but if that's the case I was doomed to begin with), whereas a TFP team still kicks me around a lot. Though that might just be because I'm the crazy bugger running around with G10 in a shard with lots of G12.

As far as NS... I'd say NS is usually a 60/40 shot for me--if they lack the zetas or aren't G12 yet, it's pretty much a guaranteed win for me, unless their mods are significantly better than mine--and that usually depends on whether Asajj goes for my Thrawn first and sticks a stun, or whether the AI gets a lucky revive or two off. Generally speaking, if the zombie can survive fracture, fracture it; otherwise try to stick shock or buff immunity on it. If you have to kill it to get to the rest of the team, watch Asajj's turn meter--if it spikes every time zombie, or anyone, really, dies then she's zeta'd and should be first for kill or control; I usually control/stun her--and unleash those nukes on Daka, Asajj/Talia (if your Palpatine isn't zeta'd--his leader first, btw; unique doesn't seem to do enough to help his squishiness--Talia's enough of a threat should be second or third on kill order), then Asajj/Talzin, etc. If you have anyone in the yellow/red and Talzin isn't controlled/AB'd you're going to want to get on that right quick, or hope she doesn't use her mass assist on them. You have enough AoE that a Acolyte/Zombie combination won't be a big deal, especially if you're running TFP and stick Buffy Immunity.

As far as Wiggs, the danger with this team, I find, generally comes from the amount of damage they can put out-- and may be when you want to sub in that Shoretrooper for TFP--with Biggs, R2-D2, and CLS as the top three in my threat assessment (if your enemy's Old Ben is fast stick AB on him ASAP), generally I fracture R2-D2--sometimes I do Biggs instead, just because he gains TM whenever damaged by Empire; I usually just stun him with KRU, then avoid AOE's until Wedge is dead, though sometimes if I can't get to R2-D2 Sion's Torment is great, and Palpatine's usually worth using--then kill Wedge, CLS/R2-D2, etc. If Raid Han or Leia are present they're above/even with Wedge in kill order.

Edit: I can't into coding; also if your posts disappear on this forum because of editing, it's generally because you aren't changing a lot for your post and they get caught in the spam filter. Apparently typo lives matter too.
  • Imperial_CdrShepard7
    55 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi, Letareus! Really long posts, but I read them and I'm happy to see how much progress you have made. You probably have the same GP that I have, and you get more crystals per day than me :D (Congrats!).

-I 7-starred Death Trooper in 1 month and a few days (late March through April). Excellent toon, useful for many different things.

- Farming Shoretrooper and Tie Reaper once that node is available and you have mastered it os an excellent plan. I farm it every day without exception.

-Your transition to a Palpatine team in Squad Arena was very foreseeable. Some people switch to Wiggs+CLS, others use Sith, Empire, Nightsisters... but eventually, PX become a secondary team in your roster. They are still great.

-Bounty Hunters - I mostly use Boba. Bounty hunters are so so in squad arena, but they work great in many other areas. My problem with them is the farming conflict they have with other stuff: CLS characters from the squad arena store (IG-88 vs StHan or Princess Leia), Dengar and Zam compete with the gear I buy with guild currency, Zam is available in fleet shipments, but I prioritize some pilots and ships from there over Zam. Cada Bane is very easy to farm, but he is very bad in his current state. Bossk isnt available as F2P yet, it will be months until he is farmable.

In my opinion, prioritize CLS toons over having 5 maxed bounty hunters. CLS helps with all raids. In the meantime, Boba Fett fits into many other teams.

-Nightsisters: I made the following decision, I had to either farm NS from scratch (I only had Talia, the Zombie and Ghost), or have some teams that kill them. I opted to build Imperial troopers as a side project. Fun thing, my arena squad with Tarkin (XII), Vader, Palpatine (gear X), TFP and Boba Fett (gear X) usually win vs. Nightisisters. The key? I got Vader and Tie Fighter pilot, 2 of my best pilots, to full gear 12.5 (gear 12 plus the 3 additional pieces that make their combat stats soar). How well geared my enemy's NS are also need to be taken into account. Debuffs, AoE's, ability blocks, being able to use huge damage abilities like culling blade or execute really destroy NS. Talia is their cleanser, so if she is part of the enemy squad, I ability block her ASAP and then kill Old Daka + Mother Talzin fast. The glorious Empire has different formulas to deal with NS.

For roster comparison:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/imperialcommandershepard/collection/

Our assets are quite similar, we have invested on the same toons for the mostpart. However, since February, I have exclusively farmed gear with guild currency, not characters. I also have a shard shop strategy to buy stuff from the shard shop at the expense of expanding my roster (temporary hoold on farming newer characters from 2 stores), and I'm getting really valuable gear from the shard shop.

This would require careful analysis, you may need to farm something from cantina battrle store or from Galactic war shipments... in my case, I decided to stop farming characters and ships after I had 7starred the main things I needed, and I just get tons of shard fodder every day. This strategy is helpful when you are at a certain stage and have very specific plans. I will eventually go back to farming characters from those 2 shops. The main things I'm 100% farming whenevert they show up: Mark VII Merr Sonn shield generators, Mark V stun Guns and Mark X Tagge Holo lenses.

At some point, you have to make sacrifices to get your best toons to gear XI and XII.It will help you a lot, but it will also help your guild in TW and TB.

P.S: Switching to a stronger guild affiliated with my previous one has helped tons. A stronger guild will get you access to more Han and General Kenobi shards, plus more guild currency to buy gear.
    ImperialCommanderShepard in SWGoH (Ally Code 297-277-437)

lOGRLCl CommanderShepard in HoDA

Find our Guild here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126148/praise-the-sun-for-some-jolly-co-op#latest

• Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate the post but I'm not sure you read the thread in detail. Many of the things you say are redundant - things I've already done or been doing or even repeating things I've actually said myself. For example, I just said that I 7 starred FO TFP recently. I understand though, it's a long thread. And it's not really a Phoenix trhead anymore and hasn't been for a while so maybe I should make a new thread.

Though I hear you on the advice to forgo raid teams in favor of prepping for CLS and JTR, but if they pull some **** like CLS before R2D2 next time like they pulled this R2D2 before Palpatine **** just now, that may be moot. Some solo Rancor teams don't seem to be so hard to build with what I already have so I may or may not build some sort of raid team.

It is a ridiculously long thread with ridiculously long posts. But since u seem to have jyn (im assuming u're near 6-7* here) u should be fine with making a solo hpit team. I pretty much skipped on rogue one since in guild store - rex takes priority so jyn has to wait. Anw, reason also being tht once u get CLS u can basically make a cheap hpit solo team or even use cls (with good speed mods) only to solo hpit, so if u're talking about remainin competitive on a low/ftp budget, really gotta prioritize which toons u aim for.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, no I don't have Jyn. I have a few of her shards and am working to get her b/c of Cassian's U-Wing which I may need for Chimaera (I'm afraid that 5 ships won't be enough). Actually, if I know that I can do it wih only Bistan's U-Wing then I can skip Cassian's, but I don't know (that's a question).

So Palpatine's Zeta should go to his leader ability, but should I get the other Zeta (the unique) afterwards? What should I Zeta after Palpatine's leader zeta?

If I were to change the makeup of my squad arena team, how should I do it? Like, how would I fit in KRU or Shore? Right now it's Palpatine, Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin, TFP. It kills quickly but it also dies quickly. I don't have optimal gear and mods could probably be better (working on mods for the next week or so). Gear varies from like 8-10.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, no I don't have Jyn. I have a few of her shards and am working to get her b/c of Cassian's U-Wing which I may need for Chimaera (I'm afraid that 5 ships won't be enough). Actually, if I know that I can do it wih only Bistan's U-Wing then I can skip Cassian's, but I don't know (that's a question).

So Palpatine's Zeta should go to his leader ability, but should I get the other Zeta (the unique) afterwards? What should I Zeta after Palpatine's leader zeta?

If I were to change the makeup of my squad arena team, how should I do it? Like, how would I fit in KRU or Shore? Right now it's Palpatine, Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin, TFP. It kills quickly but it also dies quickly. I don't have optimal gear and mods could probably be better (working on mods for the next week or so). Gear varies from like 8-10.

Tarkin or tfp could drop for a tank. Upto you.

Easiest way for you solo rancour would be to zeta Vaders leadership and run with your arena team with a vader lead. You could also zeta thrawns unique and run your arena team with a vader lead though you need a little more gear for a solo than you have at the moment.

Palpatines unique zeta isnt a bad zeta but its not good enoughthat its a must buy and it makes next to not difference in a pakpatine team vs another palpatine team.

None of you arena teams unique zetas make a big difference in arena. You dont have other teams ready that a zeta would make (finn zeta with resistance is 10-20% of phase 2 in haat with g9).

I would probably go with thrawns unique as a small arena boost and for rancour.
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    Options
    So I've been doing very well in arena. I've found that while speed on Thrawn is important, speed on Vader is the most critical thing. Due to his unique, Vader will always be the first to go unless I can somehow get Thrawn so fast it can beat the +32 speed boost Vader gets. And whichever Vader gets to use his force crush first often, but not always, decides the match.

It often sets off that chain reaction of stun and TMR and TMG and ability block locks that wins the game without the other team even being able to move once. If the other Vader gets his off first, then it is me who gets stunlocked much of the time. Sometimes, though, it does turn into a slugging match. RNG does play a large role.

With this, I'm able to finish in the top 10 on most days now. I finished fifth once and actually second (!) once. My Vader is currently 215 speed - hoping to get 220+ soon. I would like more detailed mod advice. Like what primary stats to pick on the cross and triangle for each of my current five toons (as a reminder, Palp, Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn, TFP), and whether to prioritize health or protection.

I have started to farm Sion and Nihilus. And currently, my next Zeta will probably be Thrawn's unique.

My biggest question right now is how to make the most of what I have in HAAT. All the HAAT guides are for ideal or purpose built teams, not for using non-ideal teams on HAAT. So which teams should I use for which phases? Right now I use everything in Phase 2, because Phase 1 is a horrible confusing mess, and since I use everything on Phase 2, I don't have anything when Phase 3 comes along - don't want to gamble blindly.

Phase 1 has adds that taunt, debuffs, and Grievous seems to be immune to TMR and fracture. I thought about using a Thrawn lead but in the end I just used my Palp team in Phase 2. My Phoenix team does OK in Phase 1 but seems to do better in Phase 2, not sure about this though.

Also, in Phase 2, I'm also totally unsure about whether to target the weapons and only attack the tank chassis when it is disabled, or to ignore the weapons and focus the chassis. I have the option of swapping in a KRU tank in my Palp squad but lately I've just been using my full arena team.

My "third team" which is just all the other 7 star toons I have conists of KRU, FOTP, Biggs, ST Han, and Boba Fett. They basically just die without doing much damage. If there's a phase where they can do some good I'd like to know which it is.

Btw, I'll probably make a new thread soon, since this ceased to be about Phoenix a while ago. But not yet cuz I don't have time to write up a whole new thread lol.