Marauder event

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Thank you @CG_Kozispoon for the update on the mod rewards from Marquee... but what about the grey gear as rewards? I thought there were supposed to be purple gear in these Marquee bonus tiers?

Hiya,
    All the Gear provided in the event is meant to progress the Sith Marauders Gear levels.

Thank you for the reply and clarification Kozi!

(That said... harrumph)

Exactly. People able to play the bonus tier don't need grey gear...we have thousands. How do they come up with this stuff? It's like they have no idea what the players experience is like....oh, wait...

I've enjoyed seeing your posts become more bitter over the years. Yes, let the hate flow through you... welcome to the dark side. ;)

Lol - I try to be fair. Sometimes though I feel like they're just trolling us. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Beside the current non-sense with platoons there are two things that don’t make sense with the current marquee event:

1. Marquee Events until before KRU always gave enough shards so if you purchase the 10 USD pack you can bring the toon to the next star level (4 star). While this is not huge in today's g12/7 star environment it gave actually a feeling of a small progress. This makes sense.

While I understand that something in the past doesnt mean it will happen in the future, with some recent toons including Sith Marauder you get less shards, and even purchasing the 10 usd pack will not advance it to the next star level. Imo this devaluates the worth of the pack. This doesn’t make sense.

2. Bonus should be a reward for a good performance, or in this case for a hard tier. This was the case in past bonus tiers but not in this one. Low level gear may be useful for low level players - but they cant participate anyway. The same gear is included in the 10 usd pack also which devaluates the pack further. The intended one mod doesn't change this and this is hardly considered a bonus. This kind of bonus tier also doesn't make sense.

Including some other recent faux-pas in this game (starwars.com “promotion” and xmas “promotion”) where it was also claimed that everything was WAI, a lot of players including me feel that this game is getting even more stingy, despite a lot of new content. I hope that changes for the upcoming Han Solo movie and we see a real celebration of star wars movies here.
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on
  • Options
    Mo_man78 wrote: »
    Aaaaand another 3 star toon that’ll sit untouched at the bottom of my roster so I can keep farming what my guild wants me to farm so I don’t get kicked.

THIS
  • Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it fishy that this event was miraculously moved forward? It makes me think CG has something else up their sleeves for this weekend. Or am I the only one that thinks that?

Also, is it normal for Marquees to be numbered? As a single toon release it is called „Shadow over Malachor I“ instead of just Shadow over Malachor. Does that mean we will see a Shadow over Malachor II soon?

i noticed that too.....
  • Linkinxr
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I spent a hundred and ten dollars hoping to at least get a six star. 18 shards into 5 Star is all I got. A bunch of horse manure. It’s so frustrating that people who spend money have to spend over $250 just to get a toon five star. That’s a used PS4 pro or Xbox One X. I’m so frustrated.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    EA just got a nice long feedback they solicited from me. As far as the marquee characters goes, just a bench warmer. Not going to do anything with him or Holdo or Rose anytime soon. Maul out performed the Marauder in every aspect, but he’s WAI. Hope he does better in the Sith Raid.

• RaylekZen
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Linkinxr wrote: »
    I spent a hundred and ten dollars hoping to at least get a six star. 18 shards into 5 Star is all I got. A bunch of horse manure. It’s so frustrating that people who spend money have to spend over $250 just to get a toon five star. That’s a used PS4 pro or Xbox One X. I’m so frustrated. Money grab is all it was.

Jesus ****. That's insane. I was thinking about dropping some money cause he's such a dope dude but i'm definitely not now. What a shame. Sorry for your bad luck.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I spent a hundred and ten dollars hoping to at least get a six star. 18 shards into 5 Star is all I got. A bunch of horse manure. It’s so frustrating that people who spend money have to spend over $250 just to get a toon five star. That’s a used PS4 pro or Xbox One X. I’m so frustrated.

This is the toon you spent a hundred bucks on?

Man when Revan comes out these guys at CG are going to be able to retire and buy their own island somewhere.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Yep, $300 is right. That's the going rate to 7* a toon from marquee events- about 2 (if you're lucky) to 3 (or 4 if you are really unlucky) vaults of crystals to 7*.

PSA: If you don't go balls out then don't even bother going a little way in. You're not going to get lucky and get a 330 shard drop from one or even 10 purchases.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I spent a hundred and ten dollars hoping to at least get a six star. 18 shards into 5 Star is all I got. A bunch of horse manure. It’s so frustrating that people who spend money have to spend over $250 just to get a toon five star. That’s a used PS4 pro or Xbox One X. I’m so frustrated. Money grab is all it was.

Yep, $300 is right. That's the going rate to 7* a toon from marquee events- about 2 (if you're lucky) to 3 (or 4 if you are really unlucky) vaults of crystals to 7*.

PSA: If you don't go balls out then don't even bother going a little way in. You're not going to get lucky and get a 330 shard drop from one or even 10 purchases.

This is totally untrue.
    You will get 330. When you are at 95/100 lol
  • Options
    Underpowered new toon, irregular unlock shards, the ever present terrible packs for crystals, constant bugs and inconsistent communication. I don't get it.
    But, see, this must be why I'm not an A-list marketing manager, clearly I have much to learn about making millions.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Underpowered new toon, irregular unlock shards, the ever present terrible packs for crystals, constant bugs and inconsistent communication. I don't get it.
    But, see, this must be why I'm not an A-list marketing manager, clearly I have much to learn about making millions.

Maybe you're not as far off as you think:

https://gamerant.com/disney-star-wars-license-ea-619/

Interesting. A rumor at this point - but an interesting one to be sure.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

For the love of God let this be true. How EA got the license in tbe first place is beyond me.
  • Options

*poof* no more SWGOH :(
  • Options
    I was just pointing out, historically ever since marquee became a thing they have ALWAYS given 3* 10/30 shards by completing 4 tiers of the intro event. But it seems they don't want as much of our money any longer. I say this because I have bought almost all of the $9.99 pus packs to date. I stopped paying when the rose/holdo issue happened. In my opinion I believe that less people will buy these 10 buck packs. If they want the fast monew they should follow with their own precedent that they set and continue the practice.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    I was just pointing out, historically ever since marquee became a thing they have ALWAYS given 3* 10/30 shards by completing 4 tiers of the intro event.

I do not understand how people keep saying this. It was not true for FOSFTP. It was not true for FOX. It is simply false that it has “always” been the case. (You mean 15/30 btw.)
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    I was just pointing out, historically ever since marquee became a thing they have ALWAYS given 3* 10/30 shards by completing 4 tiers of the intro event.

I do not understand how people keep saying this. It was not true for FOSFTP. It was not true for FOX. It is simply false that it has “always” been the case. (You mean 15/30 btw.)

Especially since any ftp can look in their in inventory and see them at 2 star
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Since the release of the last jedi it was the 0/30. But everything before was 15/30, so the 10usd pack brought them to 4 stars. With the last jedi toons the silent downgrade of the marquee event started.
  • Options
    Hi there OP,

I had the the other thread about the « missing but not missing » shards on marauder’s event (as you probably saw, it got closed and moved to answer hq to get resolved faster lul)

Any update from our favorite dev so far about this marquee shard rewards ?
  • Options
    Well, if they don't want the fast "9.99" from us, OK, I can live with it .... B)
  • Options
    Don't bother purchasing shards for this character. EA really messed up. I tried to get the character and got 7 shards 3 times in a row. That's some scam they've got running here.

it's always 5 or 7 shards in the 5-330 packs :(
    Millions of dollars of data have shown it is 80% 5-7 shards 10% 12 shards and drops significantly from there.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Don't bother purchasing shards for this character. EA really messed up. I tried to get the character and got 7 shards 3 times in a row. That's some scam they've got running here.

it's always 5 or 7 shards in the 5-330 packs :(
    Millions of dollars of data have shown it is 80% 5-7 shards 10% 12 shards and drops significantly from there.
    I'm confused. In one sentence you say that it is always something, in your next you say the same thing is 80%.
    Which is it? lol Rhetorical, it's 80% not always. Just messing.
  • Options

Hopefully EA can pull its head out of the profit cloud and realize that more money is made through volume and enduring sales than quick one time cash grabs. By increasing spending incentives in a smaller way they would increase more frequent and recurring purchases thus increasing profit and reputation at the same time. A happy customer is more willing to spend their money. Maybe not, guess that's why I engineer and not economics
  • Options
    _ho0ligan_ wrote: »
    Hopefully EA can pull its head out of the profit cloud and realize that more money is made through volume and enduring sales than quick one time cash grabs.

All business seems focused on short-term profit these days rather than the long-term. I guess it's a result of the recent economic chaos - no business is too sure whether it will exist next month so it has to grab absolutely everything immediately while it can.

• Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    _ho0ligan_ wrote: »
    Hopefully EA can pull its head out of the profit cloud and realize that more money is made through volume and enduring sales than quick one time cash grabs.

All business seems focused on short-term profit these days rather than the long-term. I guess it's a result of the recent economic chaos - no business is too sure whether it will exist next month so it has to grab absolutely everything immediately while it can.

Economic chaos? The new tax plan almost guaranteed that businesses the size of EA will make massive profits. The corporate tax rate was just cut in half, big tech and finance companies are giving $1000 bonuses to even $14 an hour workers because of all the financial excitement. The only economic chaos is for the little guys that will be hurt by the FED rate hikes. Big businesses don't just make money from thier own sales and shares, but they do big buy-ins into other mutual funds and ventures. Rate hikes all but 100% guarantee much higher profit for those that are in the finacial position to invest, which I'm sure EA is.... if your going to buy a house or get a credit card in the next few months, then it's kind of rough. But what would I know, with this useless finance degree and 20 years experience....

The scary thing to me is the Disney might pull EA's license rumor...
  • Options
    But what would I know, with this useless finance degree and 20 years experience...

You clearly know a lot more than me.

I was just referring to multiple economic crashes in the last 30 years. And how even the biggest businesses have realise they're susceptible and can't take any profit for granted. So they're therefore inclined to focus on the short-term not the long-term.

But, that's all amateur thought and observation :smile:

• Options
    But what would I know, with this useless finance degree and 20 years experience...

I was just referring to multiple economic crashes in the last 30 years. And how even the biggest businesses have realise they're susceptible and can't take any profit for granted. So they're therefore inclined to focus on the short-term not the long-term.

Truth.. for corporation now though, they are in a golden age of growth. 15% drop in taxes is massive to companies that have multi million dollar cash flows. It's like the 1980s all over again.... bad for the "middle class that makes 250k to 500k per year, but for the big guys it's growth, growth, growth right now.

• Options

Truth.. for corporation now though, they are in a golden age of growth. 15% drop in taxes is massive to companies that have multi million dollar cash flows. It's like the 1980s all over again.... bad for the "middle class that makes 250k to 500k per year, but for the big guys it's growth, growth, growth right now.

If middle class is 250-500k I am below the poverty line lol
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I worked in the City of London through 2 of those economic crashes &, trust me, the biggest businesses didn't change to short term planning at the sake of long term growth and revenue development, on either occasion.
    What they all did was simply further diversify their interests so that, if one pot ran dry, they had 10,000 more to make it inconsequential to them.

You massively overestimate the effect either of those crashes had on huge corporations. A lot of savvy businessmen & their corporations became far richer during those 2 down periods than they did in growth periods either side.
    Only one investment bank went under. The organisations at the centre of the scandals and the epicentre of the issue for everyone's finances getting messed up, yet only one of them fell. Really? Let's be honest here, Lehman Brothers were not in a great position for a while before the crash came. A couple of small to mid sized retail banks went, which is what really brought the issue to most people's attention.
    The problem for the most recent crash was born in Clinton's presidency (you could even argue the CRA in 1977!) & culminated in the housing bubble burst. Most investment bankers, despite saying on the news that no-one saw it coming, had seen it coming for quite a few years & a lot of them were very well prepared to make big money from it.

A couple of other big businesses have fallen, as is the law of things, it had to happen to one of them that slipped up, sooner or later. However the majority of businesses to slow down their investment during down times are SMEs.

The biggest businesses don't have to realise they're susceptible, because they're not. They just claim that they are so as not to draw attention that they're getting richer whilst everyone else is living in austerity, largely originally caused by the people now, as always, getting richer.

Then you look at Killbot's post and see that most of the measures put in place don't help the SME's who actually desperately need it, they mainly only help the biggest businesses who need it the least, if at all.
    Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on