Shadow of Malachor(Practice Event)

Prev1
Hey everyone, do you see any reward for this event? Because mine is empty. I did one battle; passed with 3 stars and as reward I received 20 ally points. Is that normal?

Replies

• Options
    must be,i got the same and decided to hold off any more just in case
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Read the description. It literally says it gives no rewards.
  • Options
    No after completion it says: earn XP, crystals, shards and other materials.
  • Options
    25ixftu.jpg
  • UdalCuain
    5012 posts Member
    Options
    No after completion it says: earn XP, crystals, shards and other materials.

Doesn't that message at the top show after every battle, regardless of possible rewards or battle won?
  • UdalCuain
    5012 posts Member
    Options
    To answer my post, yes it does. Just simmed a 6 energy LS node and the message is the same. Not gonna be getting crystals from there. No issue. And no rewards intended for the practice battles.
  • Options
    Hey: at least you get in. Mine keeps crashing
  • Options
    I was just about to post about this. I mean. What's the point with no reward? What practice do you need?
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    This is just practice for facing Top Meta teams with the new Sith toons that is all.
  • Options
    It s useless
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    It's there purely to entice people to spend by showing off the new toons. If you're not going to spend then ignore it.
  • Options
    Wow, I got 20 ally points for beating a JTR team.
    Now waiting for the "but they are free, don't complain!!" replies...
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    People have asked for more opportunities to use these marquee toons to see how they perform in various teams. This is that chance. The lack of rewards means that if you aren’t interested, you don’t lose anything for skipping it.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    So show-off "exclusive footage" video from gamechanger program is rigged. Nobody believe that anymore. The attacking team use probably like *6 or *7 mods with insane high stat, everything maxed. Meanwhile the enemies some are g11, some lvl 80, some not equipped with mods. So maybe they decide to lend all that new shiny stuff to test for ourself.

I'm not saying test feature is a failure, but visas already bugged. What can we expect? :frowning:
  • 123456789Cattail
    176 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Honestly I love the practice event. It has a low refresh cost, five attempts, and costs no energy. I don't really care if it gives no rewards. I would prefer if instead of this being an event it was always here, as it's something to do when we're out of energy and Arena battles.
  • Options
    It’s just a fun little side event in case they release the ability to have 6 toons fielded. It’s fun. Don’t need a reward for killing Jedi.

Please @CG make a target Kai Adi Mundi Jedi boxing bag we can repeatedly kill “Test” our teams on. That’d be a grand reward all by itself!!
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Cool sandbox "try out and I still ain't spending 200-300 bucks on a toon that will be free/obsolete ina matter of weeks (jtrey, night sisters)" mode, but as a long time player, if no stakes/rewards are involved I didn't even bother.

My SWGOH spirit has been utterly destroyed by years (ok two years) of boring bum Galactic War.

Used to want practice modes, but really it is just a waste of time.

If you want to test your junk do it in arena or live events when your BB8s are on the line and about to be set on fire.

Just my horrible horrible opinion.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t even considered them meta teams. Their speed are too low, even a gear 7-8 can beat them.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    free 20 ally points and can try out different squads for fun? the horror
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    free 20 ally points and can try out different squads for fun? the horror

Your commentary has been on point tonight.

Devs - I liked getting to use the new toons with diff team comps. Thank you!
  • Options
    What's the point with no reward?

Well, seems to me - and call me crazy because I'm going out on a limb here - but the point appears to be, ah, practice.
  • Options
    I love, L, O, V, E, love the new practice mode.

If only we had something like this as a zero level node in our light, dark, and cantina modes. No reward, just practice.
    What's the point with no reward?

The journey is its own reward.

Also, 20 tokens are bestowed to the victor.

• Options
    :( very upset I spent that time on that. Not cool.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha
    All people have been asking for is a sandbox to practice in and now it’s not enough!!
    Hahahahaha
  • Jt446
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Mi_Kel wrote: »
    :( very upset I spent that time on that. Not cool.

Wasted all of what? 2 min? Some of you just complain to complain. You got to see what some of the new toons are like and you got 20 ally points. You didn't read the description before playing. Who's fault is that?
  • Perfxion
    169 posts Member
    Options
    b4abeed53b688ce75865c950cf110f0c379e23ea99525463276c096dd8057a2d.jpg

How am I going to learn what my comp looks like in practice? How am I going to tweak my rebel squad with practice?
  • Options
    This was not useful. I got a 3 star for both. What am I practicing for? They won't be at 7 stars until the Episode 10 comes out. F2P sucks sometimes.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Options
    Remember how we always ask for a sandbox mode? Some want it to be an inner-hold time, some want it to be pve, others just want it to be. This is the first attempt by the devs to create such a mode, and I like it. Showcases the toon and allows you to check it out in different lineups. I like it. I hope we get more like this in the future. Good job, devs!! If we please could have a mode like this for inner-guild competition, I'll be eternally grateful.
  • Options
    I think it the event is rather unbalanced as you have 6 toons and enemy has 5. If the battled were 6 vs 6 . It would make more sense. I was so surprised initially when I beat the team easily until I realized they are only 5 and no mods on them.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Remember how we always ask for a sandbox mode? Some want it to be an inner-hold time, some want it to be pve, others just want it to be. This is the first attempt by the devs to create such a mode, and I like it. Showcases the toon and allows you to check it out in different lineups. I like it. I hope we get more like this in the future. Good job, devs!! If we please could have a mode like this for inner-guild competition, I'll be eternally grateful.

Right here.

I don't even plan on going in the practice modes. I don't care much for the sandbox ones if there are no rewards. But I know some people like it.