#1 Is Darth Vader's (Anakin) first padawan misrepresented? [Added To The Game]

Prev13456
Mofojokers1992
1975 posts Member
edited July 2016
Ahsoka Tano 6gbk8g.jpg

History
Ahsoka Tano, nicknamed Snips by her master, was a Togruta female from the planet Shili who trained as a Jedi apprentice during the Clone Wars, the conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Tano was assigned to Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker by Jedi Grand Master Yoda, and she demonstrated an eagerness to prove herself worthy to be his apprentice. Tano was involved in the defeat of the Separatist army on the planet Christophsis and was important to Republic efforts during the Battle of Teth. Along with Skywalker, Tano was instrumental in acquiring the Republic's safe passage through Hutt Space, due to her part in rescuing the son of Jabba the Hutt, which ensured an alliance between the Republic and the Hutt clans.

Later, Tano and her master achieved many things during the war including stopping the Blue Shadow Virus, freeing Togruta slaves from Kiros, saving her Master and many others on multiple occasions, and even halting a plot masterminded by Darth Sidious himself. She also engaged some of most deadly people in the galaxy, most notably Asajj Ventress, General Grievous, and Cad Bane several times, always surviving without any serious injury. Tano had a brief brush with the dark side on Mortis after being infected with it by the Son and even died, but she was resurrected by the Daughter. Tano formed close bonds with many members of the Order, which included Plo Koon, Barriss Offee, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Luminara Unduli as well as people outside the Order such as Padmé Amidala and Lux Bonteri, to whom she developed a romantic attraction.

Around 20 BBY, Tano's friend Barriss Offee, who believed the Jedi Order to be evil, and corrupt, and overly belligerent, orchestrated the bombing of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, killed the bomber, Letta Turmond, and caused the deaths of clone troopers while framing Tano for these crimes. While running away from Republic authorities and Skywalker, who still believed her to be innocent, Tano met her longtime nemesis Asajj Ventress and briefly allied with her, since both were on the run from their masters. Tano was led by Offee, the only Jedi whom she still saw as an ally, into a trap at an abandoned Coruscant warehouse in Coruscant's Undercity, where she was captured by Skywalker's forces. The Jedi High Council then expelled Tano from the Jedi Order and turned her over to the Republic for trial. Tano came very close to a conviction and death sentence, but she was acquitted at the last minute by the forced confession of a captured Offee. While the Council pardoned Tano and offered to bring her back into the Order, Tano refused, and she left the Jedi Temple.

5ueniw.jpg

Abilities
Ahsoka Tano was very skilled in lightsaber combat for someone of her age. She made use of the unorthodox Shien reverse grip during combat. However, she would utilize the standard grip at the insistence of her master. In addition to being skilled in Shien, Tano also received training in Ataru and was learning Djem So under her Master. Skywalker also gave her training in the early levels of Niman as an exercise, as well as engaging in numerous hours of quarterstaff training to prepare her for opponents wielding saberstaffs. Her technique consisted of rapid switches and feints, darting from one side of the battleground to the other to exhaust her opponent. Tano's combat skills were clearly quite considerable, as she was able to defeat three MagnaGuards single handed and at least temporarily hold her ground against Asajj Ventress and General Grievous.

At some point during the Clone Wars, Tano began to learn Jar'Kai, wielding a yellowish-green shoto along with her original lightsaber. She still sometimes used only her lightsaber, such as when she duelled Skywalker on Mortis before Kenobi arrived, but would use Jar'Kai when facing multiple opponents and was able to hold her own against both Skywalker and Kenobi on Mortis, even though both of her opponents were more experienced warriors than she was. During her second encounter with Grievous, Tano showed that her skills had improved vastly as she was able to hold off all four of Grievous' lightsabers and survive for the second time, whereas previously she only lasted a short time when Grievous was only using two lightsabers.

Whilst fleeing from Clones after being framed for murder, Tano lost her shoto and was forced to use only her lightsaber to fight Barriss Offee. Her duel against Offee showed that she had become too reliant on her second lightsaber, something she had in common with Asajj Ventress, and although she put up a considerable fight, Offee ultimately proved to be too powerful for her.

"Because of Ahsoka's advanced abilities, I forgot how young she is."

―Anakin Skywalker

Tano possessed a strong connection to the Force, and often used it to perform the Force Jump power and other acrobatic feats. Although Tano's Force powers required more training, she was capable of performing extensive telekinetic feats, as seen during the Battle of Christophsis where she pulled down a large wall in order to save Skywalker from a group of retail droids. Tano was also skilled in the use of the Force push power, which she used to save the life of Luminara Unduli.

Tano also had a strong Force sense, able to sense the presence of Plo Koon after his fleet was destroyed by the Malevolence and the presences of the children who were kidnapped by Cad Bane. She also eventually learned the Jedi Mind trick.

"When I was out there, alone, all I had was your training and the lessons you taught me. And because of you, I did survive. And not only that, I was able to lead others to survive as well."

―Ahsoka Tano, to Anakin Skywalker after the skirmish on Wasskah.

In addition to her Force powers and lightsaber combat skills, Tano possessed advanced visuospatial awareness, aided by the hollow spaces in her montrals that gathered information ultrasonically. That passive echolocation was a Togrutan ability which allowed Tano to sense the proximity and movement of physical objects around her. She used that to great effect during the Battle of Christophsis, toppling a wall on top of Anakin Skywalker and a number of droids he was fighting, timing it so that Skywalker was cleared by a broken gap in the falling slab, whereas the droids were crushed.

Rebels
24drij4.jpg

Current State
- the slowest hero................
- Leader ability is useless.
- One of the worst dps.
- AI wastes the Crit heal every time.
- is one shotted by the unamed bug ....GS.

Recommendation
- Speed brought up.
- Ability changed : 5 basic attacks in a row with high chance to miss ( brought down by ability upgrades) - damage = standard amounts in line with others.
- Leader Ability overhauled and not to mix her up with night sisters AT ALL .
- Her Dps needs to be brought in line ( sorry but she has one of the worst).
- Basic needs to have a chance to attack twice
- Passive Overhaul ( take in effect her high dodge and passion for darting over the battlefield).

Myself
- Spent over $3,000 on the game
- Love the Jedi
- Not happy with the current state of the game especially with non jedi and sith been 10x better than force users ( this is Star wars right?)
- I have all characters but the new ones unlocked and i just want to use my jedi without been forced into using GS,Res pilot, FOTP in my line up because they deal 8x the damage of my jedi.... :(

What can you do to help?
- Vote
- Leave a comment to help keep it top side :)

Enough is enough on misrepresented Heroes and unamed soldiers killing sith and Jedi like they are mere weaklings.
Post edited by Mofojokers1992 on

#1 Is Darth Vader's (Anakin) first padawan misrepresented? [Added To The Game] 425 votes

Yes she is
91%
DavoAneil915FakeRobboDinoHyperalloyQeltarTelaanilyanorCobratatAmish_AceThe_Oklahoma_KidLargKelleinventselcosmicturtle333MahrezDarkIricsBlamGold_LeaderDrPancakes 388 votes
No she is not
5%
GenakumaRogerfanvincentlondonAlecationAtwellWildGruntgsethxxakortsxxInternetSwagOld_TallenRaikireDeimosCoolhand_LukeWjprbergStarjumperQuikSilver8721DV_27Bedlam74GooseyIT_L1V3S 25 votes
Other (Explain)
2%
JabberwockyCronozNLEllo_AstyDeNiroZombie961ExarKunTuftedpaper85JSithwalkerGizOneItsJarJarBinkzDestructiniumDarth_Noctambulo 12 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes she is
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

Really could use some input :)
  • Options
    No she is not
    She was never Darth Vader's padawan.. She was Anakins

• Options
    Yes she is
    If your tired of misrepresented characters now is your chance to speak up.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    Alecation wrote: »
    She was never Darth Vader's padawan.. She was Anakins

Vader is Anakin and she was always taken as Vaders first.... followed by Star Killer and clone.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Sith Lords have no padawan :-P
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Every jedi/Sith in this game that can't one shot Geonosian, Tusken, Jawa, Pilots, etc is misrepresented...
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Drake23 wrote: »
    Sith Lords have no padawan :-P

;) i will never play two face with Vader and will always see it as such lol.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    CPMP wrote: »
    Every jedi/Sith in this game that can't one shot Geonosian, Tusken, Jawa, Pilots, etc is misrepresented...

+1 big time
  • Options
    Yes she is
    She definitely is misrepresented... I had a long rant on a Greedo thread earlier in which I complained about Cad Bane being misrepresented too.. He broke into the Jedi temple, fought and killed Jedi without a lightsaber, and he's pathetic in this game.
    Don't get me started on GS!
  • Options
    Yes she is
    The leader ability isn't that bad it's just very rare to see it used. But other than that she needs a rework.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    She definitely is misrepresented... I had a long rant on a Greedo thread earlier in which I complained about Cad Bane being misrepresented too.. He broke into the Jedi temple, fought and killed Jedi without a lightsaber, and he's pathetic in this game.
    Don't get me started on GS!

Cade Bane is ( the Jedi Bane) yet he doesn't even have a chance in the game to attack.

Alot of misrepresentation even though Windu got Buffed he needs to be redone from scratch because of misrepresentation.... not a tank but a agile DPS dacing between light and dark in perfect balance.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    The leader ability isn't that bad it's just very rare to see it used. But other than that she needs a rework.

Yeah i could see it removed though in place for another ability like a heal or group dodge buff.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    She is missrepresented. Should be faster (so does Assajj). The healing stuff makes little sense (if it is because she is daring and indoire others give her a chance to give offense up, defense up, adventage, or whstever. Snips isnt a healer)

But people really need to get over it with the whole "Jedis should defeat everybody because Lore" stuff
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Yes she is

EXACTLY HOLY SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!T Droids as well should be easily destroyed! We should've started with characters like droids and stuff and had to work our way to Jedis and Sith and they should be all way OP compared to them!
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Triqui wrote: »
    She is missrepresented. Should be faster (so does Assajj).

But people really need to get over it with the whole "Jedis should defeat everybody because Lore" stuff

I believe Jedi and Sith should be the main focus of the game with the rest as fill in's with helpful abilities and buffs. But they can be balanced with the rest as long as they are not misrepresented.

This means for example:
    Mace Windu as a tank instead of a Agile DPS blade dancing between light and dark in perfect balance.

Units like FOTP, Res Pilot and GS should be brought into line. The problem also lies within the game mechanics itself. Unfortunately this is not an overnight fix but needs to be worked towards as a goal.

I am willing to spend alot of money on the game even more than i have if things are sorted or at least moving that way. :)

• Options
    Yes she is
    I also see we have 3 no votes , any explanation will help the rest of us understand why you think she is fine as she is?.

Also how you feel about the other jedi and sith and the overall balance.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    I have a feeling that the ones that voted no are the ones that have fully geared and leveled GS and don't wish to lose him.

But sorry guys alot of balances need to happen or us big spender that love Jedi and Sith not unamed soldiers will not support the game.
  • Options
    Yes she is

+1 big time

Yes! But for game balance, they should be what GS, FOTP, Rey are like, somewhere in the upper echelon of damage givers, but unlike GS, more like FOTP, long, slow grind to get them starred up. They should be our ultimate goals and a feeling of achieving something "hard" to do. At the moment, many jedi including Ahsoka, Mace Windu are basic jokes compared to their canon counterparts in movies/books etc.

Sadly, can't see this changing much. The powers that be know star wars IP fans, especially ones not informed via forums will most likely farm jedi without knowing their true use in the meta. So, these players will then need to get other characters (as well) or suffer the consequences of not getting as many rewards /farmed items as we could.

End story, more $ for the game developers for making lesser liked ( unknown in a sense) characters IP wise the meta, or at least part meta, small or large.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    She is missrepresented. Should be faster (so does Assajj).

I believe Jedi and Sith should be the main focus of the game with the rest as fill in's with helpful abilities and buffs.

I don't. Han Solo is the best character in the movies, by far. Then R2D2, then Leia, then Chewacca. Luke is barely ahead of C3PO.

And many many many people love other chars such as Boba Fett, or the bounty hunters in generak (Cad Bane is a badass) or the Clones from the cartoons, or Grievous. I know people who have bought real life Stormtroopers armors and Royal Guard armors for cosplay.

Jedi are an important part of the universe but there is more. In the 3 original movies they even werent too prevalent, just 2 Sith and 2 Jedi in an universe full of interesting stuff. The overload of Jedi came with the prequels and the Old Republic Stuff, the originals were more about Rebels vs Empire. Original merchandising was about AT-STs and Jetbikes and the Millenium Falcon. Do you remember XWing Rogue Squadron? Best spaceship pilot game ever.

Jedis onshoting an entire team of Stormtroopers and Droids make for a boring game. Also, 2 IG86 put Anakin and Ashoka in danger in TCW cartoons, and IG88 is better than 86 lorewise. So is HK47, who was in fact a Jedi killer.
  • Options
    Other (Explain)
    Do I think she is weak? Yes :)
    Do I think she needs a complete overhaul? No

She has affiliation with the Nightsisters so I'm up if she keeps that. Her Leader ability is only not that beneficient.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I have a feeling that the ones that voted no are the ones that have fully geared and leveled GS and don't wish to lose him.

But sorry guys alot of balances need to happen or us big spender that love Jedi and Sith not unamed soldiers will not support the game.

I'm a big spender, as big as they come. And I only use Geo out of my 5. So the other 4 aren't no-name characters (QGJ, Dooku, Ani, Rey). I sometimes swap Geo with RG but still majority of my team is iconic characters. Seems balanced for me. Get over it.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    I really love this character, hope she will be buffed in next update
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is

I'm a big spender, as big as they come. And I only use Geo out of my 5. So the other 4 aren't no-name characters (QGJ, Dooku, Ani, Rey). I sometimes swap Geo with RG but still majority of my team is iconic characters. Seems balanced for me. Get over it.

If you believe GS is balanced then i pity you. I believe you just enjoy having this one shot killer and forsake any other opinion. As i said i have all but the new ones unlocked but i believe the jedi and sith have taken a back seat.

I wish you would jump on board but i believe you're mind is set. I am sorry but changes are needed and seeing the posts around, GS will end up taking a hit like Poe.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is

If you believe GS is balanced then i pity you. I believe you just enjoy having this one shot killer and forsake any other opinion. As i said i have all but the new ones unlocked but i believe the jedi and sith have taken a back seat

You woukdnt mind Geo if he were a Jedi. Like, say...Qui Gon Jin ;)
  • Options
    Yes she is

If you believe GS is balanced then i pity you. I believe you just enjoy having this one shot killer and forsake any other opinion. As i said i have all but the new ones unlocked but i believe the jedi and sith have taken a back seat

You woukdnt mind Geo if he were a Jedi. Like, say...Qui Gon Jin ;)

I enjoy QGJ because of the actor and lore and indeed he is strong and if they rework him i will still use him. I come from Hearthstone and i love synergy in cards and heroes.

A team or deck should be about synergy and not a one hit k.O i.e DR Boom ( who is getting nerfed), GS ( who needs one).

I use Ahsoka on my arena team because i adore her and her relationship with Anakin Skywalker. But she is misrepresented and she is not alone.

I know it might not make sense but i would like to see Jedi and Sith be a hard and rewarding thing over a bug or a pilot, you know?.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Lets trust someone who 1) Is a big spender in a mobile game, lol 2) uses "DefinitivePoeCounter" as name 3) Seems balanced for him

....Not!
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Lets trust someone who 1) Is a big spender in a mobile game, lol 2) uses "DefinitivePoeCounter" as name 3) Seems balanced for him

....Not!

Lol :)
  • Options

If you believe GS is balanced then i pity you. I believe you just enjoy having this one shot killer and forsake any other opinion. As i said i have all but the new ones unlocked but i believe the jedi and sith have taken a back seat.

I wish you would jump on board but i believe you're mind is set. I am sorry but changes are needed and seeing the posts around, GS will end up taking a hit like Poe.

He is balanced. His Gear9 gives him an edge. If you're looking for an OP character, QGJ is right up there. And why would I care if Geo gets nerfed or not, I am a whale. I can just plug in another character when and if he gets nerfed, from your point of view I should be as objective as they come.

....Not!

How is being a spender related? If anything I would be in advocating for nerfs on the characters that can be easily gotten by f2p so that I can faceroll those pesky f2p teams with more ease. This is incredibly funny.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is

I know it might not make sense but i would like to see Jedi and Sith be a hard and rewarding thing over a bug or a pilot, you know?.

It's fine that you have your own tastes. It is less fine that you try to make everybody follow them ;).
    I like Han Solo and Cad Bane. I also like the Clone Troopers. But I dont expect the game to be about scoudrels and clobes ruling everything with the rest of the chsracters taking a back seat and be their support like glorified cheerleaders. I understand that there has to be s balance.

Jedis are pretty powerful. I see QGJ and Lumi every where, i also see Yoda, and JC and Barris are extremely good in GW. I farm Anakin, who is going to be s total beast at 80, and Rey (a proto Jedi) will be the strongest char once she becomes the faster (a matter of time). 3/5 of my GW all-star setup are Jedi, even if my arena team (abd thus higher stars chars) is droids (with QGJ, mind you). Jedi still outperform them in GW, which is supposed to be the end game, per the devs own words

Ashoka needs a rework, yes. Do does Assajj, or Boba or Cad Bane. No more, no less
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Ahsoka should be fast/agility with high damage output, high dodge, low hp, no skillbased-self-/group-healing, but dodge group-buff or a passive Taunt together with her dodge buff close to what RG now got (because during CloneWars, Ahsoka often saved other Jedi's life by placing herself just between the Jedi and the attacker. (Lumi when she almost got killed by Asajj, Anakin several times, the Jedi younglings when she got catched by trophy hunters, Jedi younglings when Hondo catched, and so on ...)

Just my opinion ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
This discussion has been closed.