#1 Is Darth Vader's (Anakin) first padawan misrepresented? [Added To The Game]

Replies

• Options
    No she is not
    Starjumper wrote: »
    She's great when used in the right team. She hits fairly hard and heals herself with each hit which makes her fairly difficult to kill. You have to pair her up with an assist team, like one with phasma as a leader or with qui gon or with geo in order to get more attacks out of her.

But, her leader ability is almost worthless. It's basically the same as Luminara's except lumi has a passive heal attached and asohka doesn't. I think they should take the turn meter gain on evade and apply to anybody on the team who evades eg with asohka as leader if qui gon evades he gets 20% turn meter, etc. Or, they should take the turn meter gain and move it to asohka's passive eg anytime asohka evades she gains 20% turn meter regardless of who's the leader.

Personally, I think evasion in general needs a buff, why are there leaders who add 20+ speed to their team while the most you'll get for evasion is 15+? If you match a speed based team vs and evasion based team the speed one will win everytime. It's why you see so many qui gon led teams while lumi and asohka and dooku led teams fall by the wayside. It'll also be nice to see each character have an evasion rating attached to them, because the way it is right now evades just seem kinda random..

Speed is measured in whole numbers whilst the evasion boost is a percentage increase hence the difference.

A percentage increase based off what? If it's zero, then why are chars who don't have an evasion based leader bonus or evasion up applied allowed to randomly evade? If it's not zero, then is a flat number of 10% or something or is the number defendant based off the chars you choose for your team? If the latter is the case, then what are those numbers?

I never said it made sense. Just that it's relative. Personally I think every base stat should be a whole number if percentages are going to be used for leader skills and abilities

I mean with I agree you there on the base stat being whole numbers. Evasion should be just as valid of a thing to build your team around as speed but it's squishy to do cause you don't know what you're getting. I know a lot of people have been complaining about the speed meta and I think a way to fix that is by making evasion more of a thing. I'd love to watch the glass cannons like Rey and qui gon do their high damage attacks and miss but I can't build my team around that cause I don't know how my characters rate. This is probably a topic for another discussion though..

+1
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    No she is not
    Triqui wrote: »
    I also think this whole post should be dedicated to jedi Knight anakin being sub par never mind ahsoka. She hits harder than her master :D

Anakin is a top char in top squads in the most advsnced servers.

And if you use the foresight power of SWGOH cantina, he'll be a freak monster at end game, when we play level 90

Interesting..... I have him at 4 stars so might put the work in on him (and ahsoka)
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Yes she is
    xxakortsxx wrote: »
    congrats on the ability to copy and paste from wookiepedia, anyway shes not a top tier jedi and therefore shouldnt be a top tier character in this game

Rude start dude.

Ahsoka may not have started out at the top of the food chain, thought the clone wars she took on Greivous, Assajj, Savage, Pre, Barriss (with Assajj's sabers), and plenty of other badasses to good results. Also, she survived to become one of the few living Jedi. If that doesn't speak to a badass, I don't know what does.

At the very least I'd like to see a later version where she is more skilled.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    xxakortsxx wrote: »
    congrats on the ability to copy and paste from wookiepedia, anyway shes not a top tier jedi and therefore shouldnt be a top tier character in this game

Thank you wookieepedia does sum it up well.

So a bug and a pilot should out do her?, mmm i guess that is how it works.....
  • Options
    Yes she is
    I hope Starkiller will be in the game!
  • Options
    Yes she is
    She's most definitely nowhere near as good as she should be, and it's a shame because she's one of my favorite characters in the whole franchise. Was really looking forward to using her in my main squad when I first started but she quickly became outdone by.. literally everyone else.

Definitely deserves a rework. Plus, she's fine af. so.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    irvvri wrote: »
    She's most definitely nowhere near as good as she should be, and it's a shame because she's one of my favorite characters in the whole franchise. Was really looking forward to using her in my main squad when I first started but she quickly became outdone by.. literally everyone else.

Definitely deserves a rework. Plus, she's fine af. so.

Indeed i use her in my jedi squad but it is a mission to use her as she is useless atm.

I could always swap her out for my GS or Sid ....... but it would lose that Jedi team feeling.... i hope CG takes notice of this thread.

Yoda and Koth useless in arena because of AI control. Barris and jc i dont use because already 1 healer in my squad.
  • Options
    No she is not
    She's not misrepresented she just sucks hard.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Yes she is
    She's not misrepresented she just sucks hard.

That's what she said?, really though she has saved Anakin, lumi and others enough that she shouldn't.

Even Anakin took notice of her power..
  • Options
    Other (Explain)
    She should be stronger, but just slightly - This can be said about a good amount of characters, at least she is considered a "Jedi" though she didn't finish - Asajj is not a Sith and didn't finish training too, and they are both slow and seem like they should be the "quicker glass cannon types." A HUGE problem is A.I. The AI sucks for some characters, period. I have seen Asajj do her stat removal when she is at full health JUST to get rid of one opposing toons foresight (when she had offense up and the perks for a killed toon, lost.) Ahsoka is the same way, along with Aayla - they tend to use the heal hits at the wrong time. Maybe if a small amount Jedi had some kind of advantage against Sith? (not all but maybe a few special cases like Ahsoka to make them more playable.) Or perhaps a counter? I have seen someones Mace on the opposite team expose someone on my team (gasp of horror), and then special someone else (sigh of relief.) Heal immunity is the worst/best because you can trick the AI into having the opposing team use up all their heals for no reason.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    The idea behind her kit is ok but... It does function and needs to be reworked.

Turn meter on dodge should be her passive. Increase base speed. Is a good starting point.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Llewella wrote: »
    The idea behind her kit is ok but... It does function and needs to be reworked.

Turn meter on dodge should be her passive. Increase base speed. Is a good starting point.

Yar it would especially her she does not need a leader ability....
  • Options
    Yes she is
    I use boba fett pretty well with his lead.. As I get a crit 50% of the time
  • Options
    Misrepresented, yes.

But you have to keep in mind that this is still a game. A proper representation of each and individual character would mean that Jedi and Sith will dominate everything because they will be super fast and high in damage.

Rather than proper representation, I would much rather seeing characters able to shine in some way. Ahsoka hits hard, but not as hard as Rey or GS. She's slow and her health plummets once one of the teammate is down, making her pretty much useless in current meta. That's my problem with the character really.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Yes she is

Boba does not give % crit chance, if that's what you suggest. Not sure if you do, your post is ambiguous
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Triqui wrote: »

Boba does not give % crit chance, if that's what you suggest. Not sure if you do, your post is ambiguous

Yeah that's what i got from it as well at Boba shouldn't increase his crit but damage of said crits.
  • Options
    No she is not
    Interesting didn't know that about boba fett.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Yes she is
    So far the poll shows overwhelming support and it makes me happy to see it.
  • Petrelli81
    81 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    Many of the iconic Jedi arent correctly represented in the game. Mace is still "meh", even after a fix...random unnamed pilots are better than legendary Jedi.
    Post edited by Petrelli81 on
  • Options
    She can be fixed. All she needs is to be faster and to put her turn meter gain on a dodge under "darring padawan". Old Ben as her leader and she will gain 50% turn on dodge making her almost "counter". Have Yoda drop a Foresight on the party and boom.

Her heal is not really necessary but she was Barriss best friend so, ok...

Her getting more turns will make her special cooldown not so terrible, and her speed less of an issue. She should hit harder as she was given to Anakin to help him grow and due to her being the youngest padawan ever and she was considered reckless (hence her duel wield sabers) like he was. QGJ, Anakin, Koth, and Ahsoka should be DPS toons based off of this Jedi philosophy (which the Devs stick to for the most part).

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Most every toon is "misrepresented" in this game if your expecting to even resemble themselves in the lore. They got a few on oar with lore but overall its not a reflection. At this point, im failing to see why ppl continue to argue that certain toons are misrepresented when only a select few are arguably properly represented lol
  • Options
    Yes she is
    She can be fixed. All she needs is to be faster and to put her turn meter gain on a dodge under "darring padawan". Old Ben as her leader and she will gain 50% turn on dodge making her almost "counter". Have Yoda drop a Foresight on the party and boom.

Her heal is not really necessary but she was Barriss best friend so, ok...

Her getting more turns will make her special cooldown not so terrible, and her speed less of an issue. She should hit harder as she was given to Anakin to help him grow and due to her being the youngest padawan ever and she was considered reckless (hence her duel wield sabers) like he was. QGJ, Anakin, Koth, and Ahsoka should be DPS toons based off of this Jedi philosophy (which the Devs stick to for the most part).

+1
  • Options
    Yes she is
    OP is spot on.... Love the game but VERY unbalanced - it's always peeved me off that the Ewoks can be as powerful as they are in thus game - not so in the movies.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes she is
    The biggest issue, IMHO is not that she is "underpowered" per se, as some have suggested, but simply "wrong".

She should be faster and perhaps lower her per attack base heal, but have her have a chance for multiple attacks.

And the fact that her health is so heavily based on having living allies, she is useless in Arena. If you ever fight a team with her in it, she's easy to simply ignore, as killing off her companions hurts her too. Not well designed in that regard. If she did more damage, she would at least warrant consideration as a target.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I see alot of people say stuff about its odd that X character is weak and X unnamed is good and all that many places. Sometimes I think they forget the game is about a Cantina game in the Star Wars Universe. :P

She is too slow, honestly. Slow, low base HP, and low Damage. Makes little sense, honestly.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    I see alot of people say stuff about its odd that X character is weak and X unnamed is good and all that many places. Sometimes I think they forget the game is about a Cantina game in the Star Wars Universe. :P

She is too slow, honestly. Slow, low base HP, and low Damage. Makes little sense, honestly.

Good points lol but she and Windu i mean cmon lol its a what are they thinking? Lol.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Would like to see her buffed a lil...specifically speed or even a slight rework.

Got her early on and would like to actually use her on a main team instead of a backup for GW.
  • Options
    Yes she is
    Pew pew
This discussion has been closed.