The raid issue on Han [MERGE]

Prev134567
bitmoji
143 posts Member
edited March 2018
You designed the game. You should have known all the interactions, and if you miss some, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

Figuring out perhaps obscure mechanisms to maximize score in a raid or other PVE content is as old as time. Game studios that yank the fun away after the fact are not playing in the spirit of gaming. Of course you can do what you want it’s your right as a Star Wars license holder and spender of money to make games, but you should be embarrassed nonetheless.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    So rush to address this, but not the TW GP issue? Unreal. Keep placating the big spenders. Your fan base is dying and you don’t even see it because you are blind.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. It’s complete bull. Like for real. There’s obviously not a bug. Just a team that works. But they’ll punish the players for it instead. Wonder how much we’ll take until we move on. I’m about to the breaking point myself...
  • Options
    Ehhh, I'm cool with it. They did the same to zaul in p3 tank. You really want it that easy? Why?
  • Options
    It was somehow forseenable that this will come, but punishes all the guilds who started heroic and used that as part for their p3/p4 strategy.

I wish the commmitment for refinement would be as fast in other cases also. Or better just stop that kind of marketing language.
  • Options
    How are we being punished exactly?
  • Options
    i dont mind the HF as long as it only starts after their next raid.

And th is is called balancing. You may hate it, but its balancing
  • Options
    Yeah, its kinda funny how quick these things are fixed and yet other real issues stay on the table
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Clearly this raid was created to prevent tm reduction so no surprise this is getting fixed.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Clearly this raid was created to prevent tm reduction so no surprise this is getting fixed.

How about studying the mechanic first? Its sthan giving tm that is the base for this setup.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Wait what exactly are they doing? Was Han Stormtrooper bugging the raid or what?
  • Options
    I have a real hard time believing they didn't know about STHan before the release... he's the character of the month. So what, they were intent on making a raid to cater to their whales, and because some of us will be able to get through the raid thanks to an effective setup, they are going to take it away?

Lame CG, really lame.
  • Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Wait what exactly are they doing? Was Han Stormtrooper bugging the raid or what?

In addition, all other allies gain 20% Turn Meter when Han is damaged while his Taunt is active.
    This includes the damage granted by Darth Traya in p3 and p4 with her bonds of weakness damage
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    Yeah, its kinda funny how quick these things are fixed and yet other real issues stay on the table

Yep, DSTB exploit comes to mind. At least they learned from that nightmare not to blame the players this time . @CG_Leviathan

As a 90 GP guild who tried tier 6 and couldn't get past phase one, tried tier 5 and couldn't get past tier 1, I really hope they don't change how the raid works before we even get to complete it; That would be unfair.

Leaving the raid the way it works ( this is not a bug) would be better for the game. Games are meant to be figured out like this. Look at the Mario 64 competitions that still go on, and they compete to get the quickest time using all known exploits.

This is not a bug. This is the raid and characters working as described. Since when do things in this game get changed when they work exactly as described.

The last thing the Sith raid needs is a buff.
  • Options
    This is shameful. Figuring out strategies for the new raid is the whole point.

Basically what you guys (CG) are saying is any strategy that doesn't take hundreds of dollars to implement is not welcome in this game. This is truly disgusting.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Definitely going to try and get my recent crystal purchases refunded.

So...you bought a bunch of ST Han shards or something?

Well, I’m a little ticked because I spent gear on him wanting to do this. Luckily it wasn’t extreme, and I stopped before going past G10 because of this announcement, but it still sucks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's a loop. They almost always want to close loops. It's ok we all knew this was coming.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    KKatarn wrote: »

In addition, all other allies gain 20% Turn Meter when Han is damaged while his Taunt is active.
    This includes the damage granted by Darth Traya in p3 and p4 with her bonds of weakness damage

That is a really fancy kitten thing to do. Seems to me his ability is working as intended: giving turn meter everytime he gets damaged.

What is next? Take the unavoidable turn meter reduction from Vader's skill? :/

• Options
    So, are they gonna change the raid, or nerf some chars? (st.han)
  • Options
    Newsflash, people have been finding ways to beat raids easily since the rancor, and turns out ST Han is the key for this one, if you are so salty about it then why not complain about turn meter removal strategies for rancor, or wampanader vs the AAT, get real you guys.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's a loop. They almost always want to close loops. It's ok we all knew this was coming.

Like savage and Kylo loops and acolyte and zombie loops?
  • Options
    Is it time to nerf Zader loop in the rancor raid again?
  • Options
    Didn't CG say something along the lines of wanting guilds to work together and people to figure out combinations that work? So when we do figure out something that works, they go and "fix" it? Cool.
  • Options

Except for JTR's TM reduction

And SThan is gaining turnmeter like he is supposed to, not reducing trayas
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    They fixed this asap while tw bug they recently introduced? No words at all. Priorities! $$$$$$$$$! Remember Nutini ( Nutjawa)? They will probably delete this post soon
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

How about studying the mechanic first? Its sthan giving tm that is the base for this setup.

How about looking at the whole picture first?

The example I saw used Zentress' TM removal with ST Han to create a loop. They're not going to nerf St Han as a character to fix this so the most likely solution lies in the way Traya reacts to the TM reduction.

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf Han's TM manipulation because it's not what they intended? OK. As long as JTR's TM manipulation is nerfed at the same time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Like savage and Kylo loops and acolyte and zombie loops?

That's why I said almost.
  • Options
    This somehow seems different than the nute fix. There under geared character could solo. And it only took 2 toons (very similar to the bug and subsequent fix where turn meter reduction worked in P3 of sith raid) I do understand it was not the intention of the development team to allow solos at this point in the sith raid but this ability seems to be working as intended furthermore it requires a maxed out team with a zeta(the rarest material in game ATM) this is truly and end game team.

It is not (see below for all context)"We are fairly confident it should be clear that any character at Gear Tier 6 should not be the key factor in allowing 2 members to solo any phase of any Raid, let alone a Heroic tier. That very clearly undermines our intent, the concept of a Raid, and any in-game progression."

I fully understand the intention is for this raid to be the most difficult content in the game. But please understand that a
    portion of your playerbase thrives off of theory crafting. I for one zeta fives to theory crafting a new team for arena that fell flat on it's face. I have no problem experimenting new teams and wasting valuable resources such as zetas to try them. But theory crafting a new team to have it work better then the developers anticipated and subsequently Nerf the team is truly sole crushing to your playerbase.

NotReallyAJedi
    May 2017 edited June 2017 in Dev Announcements and News
    See what I did there? Eh? EH?
    tenor.gif

TL;DR Version
    Nute Gunray’s Leader Ability is broken (bad)
    It grants units Turn Meter on Critical Hits outside of their turn (really bad)
    We’re going to fix it (good)
    ANYWAY, as most of you are aware, there is currently an issue where Nute Gunray’s Leader Ability, Backroom Subterfuge, is not working as originally intended. The short version is that a Nute Gunray, at Gear Tier 6, with only his Leader Ability maxed, can allow 2 Jawas to do an enormous amount of damage inside of the Heroic AAT Raid, effectively soloing a full phase.

We are fairly confident it should be clear that any character at Gear Tier 6 should not be the key factor in allowing 2 members to solo any phase of any Raid, let alone a Heroic tier. That very clearly undermines our intent, the concept of a Raid, and any in-game progression.
    img.3.gif

So What's Going On?
    Backroom Subterfuge currently reads:
    “Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical Hit each turn.”
    The wording states “each turn”, which means that Nute’s ability should be triggering the first time a character gets a Critical Hit on their turn, not on assists, which is what is happening.

We have known about this issue, but because there was never a situation where Nute’s ability was dramatically undermining the game, we had originally categorized Nute’s issue as a low priority bug. That said, we did not take this issue in to account when we buffed the Turn Meter gain on Nute (we increased the Turn Meter gain from 35% to 50%), and so these assists, coupled with the buff a few weeks back, are fundamentally undermining the Heroic AAT Raid.

This new issue obviously elevates Nute’s broken ability to a high priority bug and we’re going to fix it today.
    ZrlZenR.gif

The Fix
    So we’re doing 2 things here:
    Backroom Subterfuge has been fixed and will now work as original intended
    Which means that we will update the language to be explicit, so it will read something like this (language isn’t 100% final):
    “Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 50% Turn Meter the first time they score a Critical Hit during their turn.”
    This means that assists will no longer trigger Backroom Subterfuge.
    tumblr_nzrv5ndllp1qlujf1o2_250.gif

Closing Words
    We know that there are players who are upset over this change. While we understand the feelings around this, we exacerbated an existing bug with a buff to Nute Gunray and now we need to fix it.

The Heroic Tier of any Raid should be difficult and require players to have a broad roster to overcome the challenge. This has always been the nature of the intent around these releases. Nute Gunray, in his current broken state, completely undermines that.

Finally, we are aware that there is an issue with the ESCAPE ability that is granted to players via the Raid mechanics. We know that this too is undermining the intent of the Heroic Raid Tiers, and we are looking in to solutions for this. We will discuss that update a little later.

Thank you so much for your understanding, and may the Force be with you all.

//NRAJ
    Post edited by CG_Kozispoon on June 2017
    Flag · Like
    This discussion has been closed.

Mods feel free to imbed above quote as I am apparently not smart enough to figure it out.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    fg8lqn5.jpg

Pretty typical, not surprised. But no hard feelings. My guild is still in phase 1, are we keeping the status quo I hope until guilds complete their first raid?

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_Leviathan ?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Spirit or gaming? It doesn’t exist with EA but spirit of money