Doesn't QGJ remove all his buffs?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Why not test it?
    pJiTtZ4.png
    Yeh he sucks.

To be fair, your Oppress obviously isn't leveled. I agree he's not great but yours has only 3 health bars.

axJmn.gif
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    Savage has only one place in the game right now for me, and thats when I face against an opponent using him. QGj free buff first turn whole team offense up, .

Shhhh. Let them use Savage.
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    Options
    Angryeagle wrote: »
    He's my favorite toon. I love getting a one shot kill with him when I have Dooku or Sid on the ropes. He was my first to 7* so he will always have a special place in my heart.

Same
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    Options
    MolKanar wrote: »
    Good good keep farming him guys, don't forget to use him in arena cause I love easy wins.

He's a better farm than 90% of the toons in the arena store...just saying
  • Framer
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Savage has only one place in the game right now for me, and thats when I face against an opponent using him. QGj free buff first turn whole team offense up, then I save Savage for last... if its a particularly longer match, I can get a second free buff when my ability resets. But usually when my QGJ team gets free offense up from Savage first turn the match is over very quickly.

Except for when the special does not proc. Then you are screwed as you have given Savage offense up and a 40% chance of going next. Seems like this happens way more than it used to.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Savage will be big when raids come around. Although knowing CG they will nerf his execute
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Framer wrote: »
    Savage has only one place in the game right now for me, and thats when I face against an opponent using him. QGj free buff first turn whole team offense up, then I save Savage for last... if its a particularly longer match, I can get a second free buff when my ability resets. But usually when my QGJ team gets free offense up from Savage first turn the match is over very quickly.

Except for when the special does not proc. Then you are screwed as you have given Savage offense up and a 40% chance of going next. Seems like this happens way more than it used to.

no, even when savage has a buff, he's still not much of a threat. I run RG on my team and I've never had Savage ever OHKO anyone on my team. Since QGJ is speed leader I can take down/stun Savage before he gets a turn anyway. Honestly its very rare that Savage resists first turn OU. Savages basic attack is weak, even when buffed. GS, QGJ, or Rey is much more of a threat. His Overpower ability sucks and gets massive damage only on the last 25% health, which means nothing unless you are playing a boss challenge.

Savage looks good on paper, horrible in real gameplay.

maybe when the new meta drops he might be better.
  • Options
    That's because the AI only ever uses his Overpower when you are below 25%.

I use it whenever I can and get OHKO quite often. He's pretty useful on offense. Useless when controlled by the AI
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    That's because the AI only ever uses his Overpower when you are below 25%.

I use it whenever I can and get OHKO quite often. He's pretty useful on offense. Useless when controlled by the AI

Wondering whats the level and stars of these characters you OHKO with Savage OP?
  • Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Whose a better arena toon to farm then? Already have sid, han, and koth. Needed a dark side toon haha have him 5* g7
  • Framer
    29 posts Member
    Options

no, even when savage has a buff, he's still not much of a threat. I run RG on my team and I've never had Savage ever OHKO anyone on my team. Since QGJ is speed leader I can take down/stun Savage before he gets a turn anyway. Honestly its very rare that Savage resists first turn OU. Savages basic attack is weak, even when buffed. GS, QGJ, or Rey is much more of a threat. His Overpower ability sucks and gets massive damage only on the last 25% health, which means nothing unless you are playing a boss challenge.

Nah, an OU Savage is valuable. Use him to squash Dooku. You can be stymied by RG but a decent RG is still pretty rare. A miss on Savage is pretty bad because in many matches you have just wasted Qgj's advantage. And he may not get another chance. Savage isn't for endgame stuff, but he is plenty valueable for midgame people troubled by Dooku in arena and GW.
  • Framer
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Whose a better arena toon to farm then? Already have sid, han, and koth. Needed a dark side toon haha have him 5* g7

If you get him, you need to go all the way to 7 with him for him to be useful. He is great and appreciated. Don't listen to the naysayers.
  • MoBlaq
    583 posts Member
    Options

IG-88 and Ventress

• Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Im still wondering how is it possible for Savage to OHKO anyone. The only situation I can think of is if you play low level missions and a 7* Savage against 2* characters.

In GW I face maxed out Savage Opress purple gear all the time and no way he can ohko anyone. But I keep seeing the same comment about Savage OHKO, I just want to know how this is possible?
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options

Offence up on Savage's basic attack is weaksause. Though on 'Overpower' it quite good. Pity the AI seems to save that move until certain conditions.
  • kalidor
    2123 posts Member
    Options
    Im still wondering how is it possible for Savage to OHKO anyone. The only situation I can think of is if you play low level missions and a 7* Savage against 2* characters.

In GW I face maxed out Savage Opress purple gear all the time and no way he can ohko anyone. But I keep seeing the same comment about Savage OHKO, I just want to know how this is possible?

The AI will rarely manage such a feat. It's generally only achievable with a player-controlled Savage.

Basically, a fully-geared, 7* Savage with a Sid-led team can use his stomp w/offense up and crit for around 8K damage. It's not enough to kill most full 7* heroes, but he can kill some. His medium speed means that the targeted hero is usually not full health to begin with. And since most squads I face have Sid, he's always buffed from Sid's initial spaz-AoE.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m