Savage Opress

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I have still yet to fight one of these in GW where I felt the slightest bit of fear from him. I save him for the end and burst him down, or stun him and burst him down. He can hit decently but he's nothing impressive even with Offense Up.
    I don't quite get the excitement over him. Maybe on offense he's good because the AI is stupid and leaves characters around in the red? But any of a half-dozen other characters can finish off a character in the red anyway.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • HeroOfCanton
    447 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I have still yet to fight one of these in GW where I felt the slightest bit of fear from him. I save him for the end and burst him down, or stun him and burst him down. He can hit decently but he's nothing impressive even with Offense Up.
    I don't quite get the excitement over him. Maybe on offense he's good because the AI is stupid and leaves characters around in the red? But any of a half-dozen other characters can finish off a character in the red anyway.

As far as arena goes and facing him in gw, yeah, not impressive. Where his awesomeness shines is on Gw offense. Mine is lvl 55 with blue gear and 5 stars, but it is still enough to do the 99,999 with his special. If I have to sacrifice my "expendable" characters through the course of the run, he can still jump in the end as is and do as well as my lvl 70s.

It's a niche use, but very handy.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options

He's not that easy to stun and while you save him for last he can punish you
  • Options
    He sucks
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Robtorn wrote: »

I keep thinking that will happen, but it never does. He's super slow and at most gets one hit in before he's toast, and that's if he doesn't get stunned first.
    If I had to choose between Opress as the last guy standing or Fives, give me Opress any day (and I don't even think Fives is all that great.)
  • Options
    I use him for my suicide squad in GW . Honestly not a very interesting character to play. Defo not a priority in my book.
  • Options
    I wish you could challenge people
  • Options

Yeah, I love when he is on a GW fight, save him until the end, reset my cool downs because he can take a lot of hits and he doesn't do much damage

Him, Chewy and Barris are great for reseting your cool downs/healing and getting to the next match in GW, it's and gift
  • Options
    vincelam58 wrote: »
    Level 70, gear 7, 7*
    I was working on 7* when they announced his changes...I think I yelled out loud lol

Boost his gear to 8, you'll be even happier ;)

Can't yet. You have to be level 74 but someday...

No, you can go Gear 8 now. Lv 74 is for Gear 9.

Oops...you're right I'm gear 8 and the one place away from 9. Thanks
  • Options
    He sucks

He really does. Completely ignorable
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think Savage, like all those "i leave him for the end" characters work better in group.

Imagine a team with Grievous (L), Fives, Kylo, Savage and Old Ben. Which one do you attack first?

Savage will be a beast at level 80. He gains 30% damage with his basic
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Imagine a team with Grievous (L), Fives, Kylo, Savage and Old Ben. Which one do you attack first?
    Don't know enough about Grievous to answer. But a variant of this uses Barriss as leader with Poggle instead of Old Ben. It's not difficult to deal with.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know enough about Grievous to answer. But a variant of this uses Barriss as leader with Poggle instead of Old Ben. It's not difficult to deal with.

A totally different team, if you ask me. You have a very clear target there, Poggle. Kill him and team is done.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have him low only at 3 stars and stopped gearing him. In arena, he's not a threat to me at all, the only time I have to watch out is if I have a character in low health enough for savage to finish with his special. Other than that he pretty useless in arena imo. I can't even use his ability for boss fights in the challenges(which would make much more sense) since he's rarely a character allowed on the team in a challenge.

I know he received a buff but it was a pretty useless one, he hits weak even at high levels and the only threat is his finishing blow, and even then there is cool down and the 25% health requirement.

• Options
    Robtorn wrote: »

I keep thinking that will happen, but it never does. He's super slow and at most gets one hit in before he's toast, and that's if he doesn't get stunned first.
    If I had to choose between Opress as the last guy standing or Fives, give me Opress any day (and I don't even think Fives is all that great.)

Agree. Savage is just overhyped. He has good damage but nothing that amazing.
  • Options
    I use Savage like a tank is GW and he actually just won GW for me! His health meant he was still standing at the end and I used his special to finish off Kylo. Since I cant get Maul (F2P) he is my kids favorite toon for the game!
  • Options
    I faced him in 2 GW matches today, and both times, he no **** did 99,999 damage non crit to one of my toons. I wish I could've snapped a pic. Must be a bug.

LOL, read the patch notes from last patch. It deals "unavoidable" damage on characters < 25% health... aka a 1-shot.

This was the buff that he needed. It's not a bug.
  • Options
    I played an interesting team in the arena: savage, kylo, 5's, Sid(L) and lumi. It ended up being tougher than it sounds, not because of savage, but because it ended up 3 on my team vs 5's, and I barely won.
  • Options
    For me Savage and Ahsoka are the worst to gear up
  • Options
    Mine is at 6* lvl 7 gear. He's a beast with offense and defense up any time he is hit.... Not to mention when a toon is 25% or lower on health it's an automatic kill and can't be dodged.
  • Options
    foleyo wrote: »
    Mine is at 6* lvl 7 gear. He's a beast with offense and defense up any time he is hit.... Not to mention when a toon is 25% or lower on health it's an automatic kill and can't be dodged.

But how can you tell someone is below 25%, I guess you just have to look and guess? And any hero below 25% is almost a one hit kill, you don't need savage for that.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    There is nothing more joyful that sending your Savage right on Dooku's face to gain offence buff and turn meter. Or getting hit by sidious and phasma aoe.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    foleyo wrote: »

But how can you tell someone is below 25%, I guess you just have to look and guess? And any hero below 25% is almost a one hit kill, you don't need savage for that.

Savage himself will kill anyone under 25% with his especial attack even without the 99.999 hack. Only thing that attack has is it is unavoidable.
  • Options
    I think Savage, like all those "i leave him for the end" characters work better in group.

Fives is one of those you want to get rid of FIRST (or halfway through), leaving counter chars last with this AI RNG is madness-inducing.
    My guess is burst Grievous (one-shot most likely) - Kylo - Fives - Savage - Old Ben.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Fives is one of those you want to get rid of FIRST (or halfway through), leaving counter chars last with this AI RNG is madness-inducing.
    My guess is burst Grievous (one-shot most likely) - Kylo - Fives - Savage - Old Ben.

We will need to test, but I'm not convinced it is so easy to oneshot Grievous (L) with -17% crit chance and -20% crit damage, and if you don't one shot, he'll make someone taunt for him.

Pretty sure this is beatable, all teams are. But it is painful to attack them and a long battle I think
    With Old Ben reducing attacks and Grievous limiting crits, it might have enough time to take the glass cannons out
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I seriously don't get it. The highest possible health a toon can presently have at 25% is 4,710 (Nightsister initiate). But that's an outlier. More common are numbers like 3,948 (Kylo Ren), 3,379 (Poe Dameron), 3,244 (old Daka), 2,894 (Luminara) and 2,734 (Dooku).

Savage's special ability is basically a non evadable attack in the ~4K region. Except that often it doesn't activate until a toon is brought to significantly lower HP than that. 25% is the threshold. It's highly likely that any attack that brings a toon below 25% actually brings it down to 15%, maybe even just 10%.

At that point, Savage's special is more or less pointless and indistinguishable from his regular attack. Especially with dodging playing such a small part in the game presently.

Savage could be great vs PvE bosses though. That's about the only use I can find for him.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I seriously don't get it. The highest possible health a toon can presently have at 25% is 4,710 (Nightsister initiate). But that's an outlier. More common are numbers like 3,948 (Kylo Ren), 3,379 (Poe Dameron), 3,244 (old Daka), 2,894 (Luminara) and 2,734 (Dooku).

Savage's special ability is basically a non evadable attack in the ~4K region. Except that often it doesn't activate until a toon is brought to significantly lower HP than that. 25% is the threshold. It's highly likely that any attack that brings a toon below 25% actually brings it down to 15%, maybe even just 10%.

At that point, Savage's special is more or less pointless and indistinguishable from his regular attack. Especially with dodging playing such a small part in the game presently.

Savage could be great vs PvE bosses though. That's about the only use I can find for him.

Exactly, this is what I meant in my previous post. A lot of heroes can do more than 3-4k damage, you don't need savage for that.
  • Options
    You just thinking your fight with ai but i have savage oppress he hits like 4.5k -5k with special and you realy quickly kill glass cannon with lumi and ai sometimes hits him which is equal to waste of turn and gaining offense up and his basic attack and health realy helpful to beating counter attack typed hero he is not the best atacker but you cant kill him one turn
  • Options
    And %25 health attack is unavoidable which erase the posibility of miss
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

At which point the only merit it brings is the fact that it's unavoidable.

That and seeing big numbers!
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |