Talzin, Wicket, and the New NSs, WHEN?!?!?

Replies

• Options
    The answer... as with 90% of every other question asked on this forum.. is "soon"

[QUESTION: Ghostrider1982] Character Release cadence?...it was established at one point and then broken multiple times and now it's just non-existant, especially with a previous road ahead post standing farming for Talzin, Wicket, Nightsister Spirit etc....and still nothing

[NR]: Similar to the above, we actually have forthcoming communication coming about the Character Release Cadence. We're not ready to unveil it yet, but I can tell you that we are looking to reaffirm it very soon and better articulate the timings, placements, and why we changed some in the past. This is an important topic to us and we're going to bringing this to the players soon. Regarding Talzin and company, we tried something new with the Heroic Event series and it didn't work the way we intended. We'll have a disposition on them soon.

Read last line
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    And when they become farmable, it won’t be in the Arena or GW shop...

[QUESTION: Anakin1125] When are the gw store and arena store going to be updated?

[NR] We have no intention to update GW Store and Arena store at this time. Our intention is that these are to be a source of Shard Shop currency for players that have exhausted their offerings.
  • Options
    Here’s my guess and CG will never admit this:

After they announced that all NS and wicket are gonna be farmable (not just in shipments), a bunch of whales lost it on this forum and reddit, complaining about how their investment didn’t last long enough, etc. CG reads this and wanting to appease the whales, decides to hold off on that plan.

This explains why we can’t get a simple date from them for something they announced they were going to do over a month ago. The whales complained too much.
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    DJphenom wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs, is there any way you could give clarity on this? Are the Nightsisters going to be in F2P farming locations?

I don't have an answer either way today. I'll see if I can get one Monday, but 'we're not saying' might be that answer, just to be clear.

TTYL!

Hey, so did you get any information?

The world "soon" is starting to frustrate me..
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Here’s my guess and CG will never admit this:

After they announced that all NS and wicket are gonna be farmable (not just in shipments), a bunch of whales lost it on this forum and reddit, complaining about how their investment didn’t last long enough, etc. CG reads this and wanting to appease the whales, decides to hold off on that plan.

This explains why we can’t get a simple date from them for something they announced they were going to do over a month ago. The whales complained too much.

It's been a long time since they were introduced to the game. I think they were released in October. The whales should quit complaining as many of them would have bought them anyway even if they were marquee characters cause that is what the whales that could afford all those characters do. It's hurting the game for the other 99% as a result if this is the case.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Okay, except they never said they'd be farmable in a node or for arena/gw/cantina/guild currency.

The information we have, unless you're a conspiracy theorist and Lord knows this board is full of them, is that they're in events forever and for always, and adding them to shipments for crystals and chromium packs was the "more traditional" placement.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Lachm91 wrote: »
    Good to see the new and improved "transparency" from CG is going well

Customer support here rivals Comcast.

You can’t expect them to have answers you want to hear for every question. Sometimes, “I can’t say anything yet,” is the only response a game developer can give. It’s better than ignoring the question, as they have sometimes done in the past. An acknowledgement that “we hear you,” is appreciated.

Thanks for the communication @CG_RyDiggs.
  • Options
    They never say anything until they actually say it. That doesn’t address my point.

Oh wait, they said NS and wicket would be farmable beyond shipments. That they actually said and it hasn’t happened.
    NicWester wrote: »

Okay, except they never said they'd be farmable in a node or for arena/gw/cantina/guild currency.

The information we have, unless you're a conspiracy theorist and Lord knows this board is full of them, is that they're in events forever and for always, and adding them to shipments for crystals and chromium packs was the "more traditional" placement.

• Julmay
    177 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs, is there any way you could give clarity on this? Are the Nightsisters going to be in F2P farming locations?

I don't have an answer either way today. I'll see if I can get one Monday, but 'we're not saying' might be that answer, just to be clear.

TTYL!

@CG_RyDiggs it is late Tuesday now. I don't think it is asking for too much for you to have made some type of response by now. This is a perfect example of devs not treating customers with the needed respect.

There was a whole live q&a by CG regarding this.

Looking forward to your response.
  • Options

TTYL!

@CG_RyDiggs I personally rather hear that you cant give an answer on this subject than to be in silence for weeks and days. For that, Thank you.

I've seen people in this same thread with sarcastic comments saying how well the "new way of communication is going well". For me, this answer you gave actually proves you guys are indeed communicating with us even though you cannot give the answer we are hoping for.

Again, thank you and I hope this will continue.
  • Options
    Julmay wrote: »

TTYL!

@CG_RyDiggs it is late Tuesday now. I don't think it is asking for too much for you to have made some type of response by now. This is a perfect example of devs not treating customers with the needed respect.

Are you a customer or just F2P? Just curious. My Talzin is almost 7 stars.
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Julmay wrote: »

TTYL!

Are you a customer or just F2P? Just curious. My Talzin is almost 7 stars.

I am not a whale, but i have spent money on the game.
  • Options
    I’d love to know. I’d happily get Zombie from shipments if she isn’t available anytime soon. But every time I “buy” a character in this game they end up being available via easier methods much sooner than expected. First it was B2, who was the quickest aurodium to go F2P, skipping over numerous characters like Rex in becoming available, which stopped me from buying characters. Then the Talzin debacle, where I thought I would be getting a much more exclusive timeframe only to have it changed. So yeah, I have no confidence to buy premium characters anymore.
  • Options
    I’d love to know. I’d happily get Zombie from shipments if she isn’t available anytime soon. But every time I “buy” a character in this game they end up being available via easier methods much sooner than expected. First it was B2, who was the quickest aurodium to go F2P, skipping over numerous characters like Rex in becoming available, which stopped me from buying characters. Then the Talzin debacle, where I thought I would be getting a much more exclusive timeframe only to have it changed. So yeah, I have no confidence to buy premium characters anymore.

You do realize talzin is NOT a F2P character by any standard. Only way to get her without spending money is event that is around 2 times a month for 10 shards or you could spend crystals, which is very slow if you are F2P. So I would like you to tell me what talzin debacle are you talking about
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

You do realize talzin is NOT a F2P character by any standard. Only way to get her without spending money is event that is around 2 times a month for 10 shards or you could spend crystals, which is very slow if you are F2P. So I would like you to tell me what talzin debacle are you talking about

Talzin is in shipments now. I don't know how expensive it is to 7 star through crystals and shipments but it's a lot cheaper than $500 in packs.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Talzin is in shipments now. I don't know how expensive it is to 7 star through crystals and shipments but it's a lot cheaper than $500 in packs.

My Talzin is 10 shards away from 5 stars, so I am 195 shards away from 7*. Shipments cost 80 crystals per shard, so 195 shards = 15,600 crystals. A Crystal Vault for $100 would give me 15,710. so basically I could spend $100 right now, and have enough crystals to finish her (over the next week or so as her node cycles).

Alternatively, a f2p player who's at the top of both arena and fleet would be getting 950-1000 crystals per day in rewards, so they would need to dedicate all crystals for 2-3 weeks.

The math for a new premium toon: you would need to buy approximately 40 of the 1299 crystal "shard packs" (since most reports I've heard say almost every pack has 7 shards in it). That puts the cost for a new toon at approximately 52k crystals. A toon that you purchase exclusively from shipments costs ~22.5k crystals, so half price.
  • Options

TTYL!

Wednesday and still no news, this is so unusual from you guys, your communication has always been on point !
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Lachm91 wrote: »
    Good to see the new and improved "transparency" from CG is going well

Customer support here rivals Comcast.

Let’s not bash devs, but I honestly think CG’s hands are tied by higher ups.
  • Options
    Talzin is a top tier toon. Great in arena, ds TB and territory wars. Nothing wrong with saving up crystals to get her to 7*

Did the same with Baze and DN.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs it’s Wednesday. Two days past Monday. Is @CG_Carrie the only one that will respond to people honestly around here anymore?
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    Last time I remember there was a release cadence already set up for every character. What happened to it?!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Chequerdz wrote: »
    Last time I remember there was a release cadence already set up for every character. What happened to it?!

Within weeks after announcing a release cadence, CG changed it. That's why, at least at this point, presuming anything about how, when and where a character or event will next become available is folly. They stated in the recent Q&A that they would address this point. But frankly, until I see it consistently over an extended period of time, I'm going to presume nothing. It's been 2+ years and there is still no consistent release strategy.

That's a large part of why I shifted to f2p for the past 18 months. Poor communication, poor implementation, and many of the "updates" are actually steps backward (i.e. nerfing GW into pointlessness, changes to TW scoring that reward saving your strong teams for offense and using mediocre teams on defense making it nothing like "war", a raid that makes most team synergies useless and instead encourages teams like the famed "Chex Mix").

I've seen several long time players leave the game in the past few weeks. I guess I'm just a slow learner.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Chequerdz wrote: »

Yeah, something like 4-6 weeks before they go in the shop, then 4-6 before they become farmable.
    New Jedi Order (41*; 102M GP) - Recruiting for Territory Battles
    NJO2 - Recruiting all levels of players for Heroic AAT and Rancor
  • Options
    Precisely. On the long side, 12 weeks to farmability. Everyone was excited with that announcement. But Zombie and Spirit were release at Halloween. This is 5 months ago. Talzin should remain in her event, but those two should be farmable on a node since January.

Just do what you say you're going to do and people will be happy. If you break a promise, make things even better. Very simple business principles.
  • Options
    I just want FO Executioner to become farmable because I gave up on NS ever becoming farmable.
  • Options
    Thursday. @CG_RyDiggs
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs

Lots of crickets in this thread.

Is this another ignore them and hope it goes away approach?

We’ve seen that quite a few times from CG. I thought that was going to change?
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs Any update?
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    :)