Talzin, Wicket, and the New NSs, WHEN?!?!?

Prev13
ziglet
69 posts Member
On February 8th, CG_Carrie posted that "Going forward, you’ll also see them in more traditional farmable locations." It's been 37 days since this post, and not another word since. So my question is WHEN?!?!?!

Replies

• Options
    August
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    ziglet wrote: »
    On February 8th, CG_Carrie posted that "Going forward, you’ll also see them in more traditional farmable locations." It's been 37 days since this post, and not another word since. So my question is WHEN?!?!?!
    Shipments and chromium packs are a more traditional farming location--every character is there.

The original plan was one event a month, and that would be the only place you could get them. People didn't like that, so they put out packs, then put them into packs, then put them into shipments. But their ftp farm location is still the event. (Or crystals, depending on how you feel about those as a free player. I prefer to use mine for gear and refreshes, but I know other folks who use them for characters.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ziglet
    69 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Shipments and chromium packs are a more traditional farming location--every character is there.

The original plan was one event a month, and that would be the only place you could get them. People didn't like that, so they put out packs, then put them into packs, then put them into shipments. But their ftp farm location is still the event. (Or crystals, depending on how you feel about those as a free player. I prefer to use mine for gear and refreshes, but I know other folks who use them for characters.)

Sorry to disagree but if you read Carrie's post it says "We recently made the following Character Shards available in Shipments. Going forward, you’ll also see them in more traditional farmable locations. "

So she is stating that they where moved to shipments and going forward they will be more "Traditional Farmable" So when will they be traditionally farmable.

• Options
    She is also "on a mission". You may have to wait until she returns.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    They didn't even say it would happen soon. They just meant those characters will eventually make it to more traditional farmable locations. We may very well talk about months here and their claim would still stand.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    I'd give it another week and a half, till the next update, before I start to wonder. 5 weeks isn't that crazy. I am excited to farm Talzin and Wicket tho
  • Options
    The first day I got into arena I saw the space witches and was instantly turned down. It's a pure p2p team and thry will keep it that way for some time. They are still fresh, they are still good. Most important to me, they are beatable. By a variety of teams in fact.
    In short, the traditional farming location is the shard shop. Expect them on nodes when we get a level increase. Same for wicket.
  • Options
    And you have to realize that talzin and wicket weren't intended to be "traditionally farmed" only farmed through their events originally, until that huge storm of backlash
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options
    And you have to realize that talzin and wicket weren't intended to be "traditionally farmed" only farmed through their events originally, until that huge storm of backlash

Because 2.5 years to 7* a single character isn't reasonable. By the time anyone gets them to 7* without dropping a ton of money on them they're irrelevant. That's why there was such a backlash. However, I think they should gone the General Grevious route, only they wouldn't be such a disappointment.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • ziglet
    69 posts Member
    Options

I understand that, but when they say that they will be traditionally farmable and over a month has past with no other word. I have to ask WHEN????

@CG_Carrie posted back on Feb 8th: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157819/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-the-road-ahead#latest
  • Options
    They will not come to f2p farming for another year or 2..till we can complete the sith raid without them. Otherwise the raid becomes a bit easier for everyone. Remember..they nerfed it and destroyed st han TM (now i wonder why they give out ST han as login toon for the month). MT with other NS amd Wicket with other Ewoks perform well in parts of raid. So they wont come in nodes. Only shipments
  • Options
    "soon"
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure putting them in shipments and keeping their events are the farming locations that were referred to. They were gonna be event only until everyone hated it.

Personally I'm fine with it
  • Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    "soon"

Every soon.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't even bother with the Wicket event last time. Couldn't be bothered switching mods (much like tier 3 of mythic event this time).

Talzin would be nice but by the time i get her the power creep would have killed her. Spirit is meh and zombie works better at lower levels.
  • Options

I understand that, but when they say that they will be traditionally farmable and over a month has past with no other word. I have to ask WHEN????

@CG_Carrie posted back on Feb 8th: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157819/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-the-road-ahead#latest

Well to the devs "soon" could mean months and months, "very soon" means next day(sith raid release) I'm hoping there's something interesting coming soon at least lol
  • Options

Well to the devs "soon" could mean months and months, "very soon" means next day(sith raid release) I'm hoping there's something interesting coming soon at least lol

Just look at the ship hardware ability... “Coming soon” since release of ships.

Thats over one year ago lol
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs, is there any way you could give clarity on this? Are the Nightsisters going to be in F2P farming locations?
  • Options
    DJphenom wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs, is there any way you could give clarity on this? Are the Nightsisters going to be in F2P farming locations?

I don't have an answer either way today. I'll see if I can get one Monday, but 'we're not saying' might be that answer, just to be clear.

TTYL!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    Good to see the new and improved "transparency" from CG is going well
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

I don't have an answer either way today. I'll see if I can get one Monday, but 'we're not saying' might be that answer, just to be clear.

TTYL!

I'm not the op but I appreciate the effort thanks.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    They will not come to f2p farming for another year or 2..till we can complete the sith raid without them. Otherwise the raid becomes a bit easier for everyone. Remember..they nerfed it and destroyed st han TM (now i wonder why they give out ST han as login toon for the month). MT with other NS amd Wicket with other Ewoks perform well in parts of raid. So they wont come in nodes. Only shipments

Don’t think this is correct. They pumped out JTR extremely quick and shes hands down the best toon for STR. And the Devs have been quotas saying they are surprised that nobody has been farming wicket. So I can see them coming out way sooner than a year. I’m calling summer for wicket and Halloween for MT,spirit and zombie.
  • Options
    Lachm91 wrote: »

Customer support here rivals Comcast.
  • Options

Comcast has gotten MUCH better in the last few years. In my experience anyway. Not a comparison to CG at all, just saying that what once was a laughing stock has significantly improved.
    Go Pens!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    does anyone remember a time when they said "on x date y will appear" in re q's like op's? serious q
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Comcast has gotten MUCH better in the last few years. In my experience anyway. Not a comparison to CG at all, just saying that what once was a laughing stock has significantly improved.

Try Destiny customer "support". Not even eastern europe state clerks can do worse
  • Jimika
    15 posts Member
    Options
    They may not have appeared on a simmable node but the Nightsisters and Wicket events have become more regular. 2 each this month, might be the best we get for now.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Jimika wrote: »
    They may not have appeared on a simmable node but the Nightsisters and Wicket events have become more regular. 2 each this month, might be the best we get for now.

It may be "the best we get for now", but that's not what was stated by the devs.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    this is from the questions & answers. a guy with the name nick reinhardt (i don´t know him by the way, and i don´t know in which company he is working, but he should be a live producer what ever that means...) was telling us that:
    Regarding Talzin and company, we tried something new with the Heroic Event series and it didn't work the way we intended. We'll have a disposition on them soon.

a little bit later in q & a a lady named Carrie Gouskos (same thing here, don´t know her, she should be a senior producer what ever that means) answered to the question about talzin, wicket... that:
    Above Nick answered a question about the character cadence and that we plan to release more info about that in the coming weeks. We will make sure this specifically is answered then.

so the "soon" means this time "coming weeks" so we can say:
    add69553c81e26c08fb20d08911c41e6.jpg

see the entire post here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/163161/swgoh-q-a-w-producers-3-17-18/p1
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

TTYL!

Thank you. This has been a question of my own as well.