Content Update 3/21/2018 [MEGA]

123457Next

Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    But I’m willing to bet a lot of people had them at least 6*. So thats 200 shards needed. Now break it down.
    You get 6 cantina energy per hour. Over 24 hours that’s 144 energy. Add in the 45 free cantina. Now you’re at 199.
    Sorry to interject, but you only receive 5 Cantina Energy per hour, 1 every 12 minutes.
    120 per day + the 45 midday for 165 total per day.
    34 less Energy is 2 fewer 16 Energy battles per day than your count. 28 over the fortnight.
    Drop rates for vets are notoriously poor, too.

Both of these negatively affect your predicted rate of return.

All the more reason to give us a better heads up for an upcoming event like this then, wouldn’t you say?
    But for maths sake, that’s 24 energy a day less. That’s 21 less rolls, with a 30% drop rate and you get 7 shards. Negatively affected but a minuscule effect.
    No matter the energy amount though, no matter the drop rate. The consensus is that CG completely laid an egg with their communication and continue to do so with their silence. You give the community a weeks notice, minimum and ideally, and you take away any grips they may have.
    The most effective method? Do what was done with CLS. They have the blueprint to make everyone happy sitting right in front of them.
    In a weekly update you post a clue in the “what’s ahead”. The following week you officially announce its return in one week from that announcement. Then the event returns and you have 7 more days until it ends. What is so difficult following that cadence? The community is happy. The revenue streams continue and actually would increase due to excitement of the character returning. I mean cmon. It doesn’t take an economic expert to figure that out
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    But for maths sake, that’s 24 energy a day less.
    199 - 165 = 34.
    2 less battles (32) per day, 28 less per fortnight. Not quite so miniscule, it's almost an extra day's worth (including refreshes).
    The vets are apparently considerably lower than the average drop rate. I cannot confirm or dispute this, but it is quite widely reported to be the case.
    With 3 refreshes, that's 525 Cantina Energy, 32 battles per day.
    From what I've read, getting 7 shards from that would be a pretty good day.
  • Options
    But for maths sake, that’s 24 energy a day less.
    199 - 165 = 34.
    2 less battles (32) per day, 28 less per fortnight. Not quite so miniscule, it's almost an extra day's worth (including refreshes).
    The vets are apparently considerably lower than the average drop rate. I cannot confirm or dispute this, but it is quite widely reported to be the case.
    With 3 refreshes, that's 525 Cantina Energy, 32 battles per day.
    From what I've read, getting 7 shards from that would be a pretty good day.

We both didn’t catch the real error i made. It’s 189 instead of 199 with my original math. So it is 24 less a day with the free energy and that phantom 10 makes it your 34. So we both missed that lol. But either way the math goes to 32 rolls a day instead of 34. So that’s 28 less rolls. 9 shards less with a 30% drop rate. And look, I think the rates are kitten too. I’m just playing the averages that people are posting. I’m facing the same bad rates with DT. But 9 shards between two characters isn’t much. It’s an extra refresh for a day or two. Or a shipment purchase. Yah know?
    Don’t miss the main issue though...
    But I’m willing to bet a lot of people had them at least 6*. So thats 200 shards needed. Now break it down.
    You get 6 cantina energy per hour. Over 24 hours that’s 144 energy. Add in the 45 free cantina. Now you’re at 199.
    Sorry to interject, but you only receive 5 Cantina Energy per hour, 1 every 12 minutes.
    34 less Energy is 2 fewer 16 Energy battles per day than your count. 28 over the fortnight.

All the more reason to give us a better heads up for an upcoming event like this then, wouldn’t you say?
    But for maths sake, that’s 24 energy a day less. That’s 21 less rolls, with a 30% drop rate and you get 7 shards. Negatively affected but a minuscule effect.
    No matter the energy amount though, no matter the drop rate. The consensus is that CG completely laid an egg with their communication and continue to do so with their silence. You give the community a weeks notice, minimum and ideally, and you take away any grips they may have.
    The most effective method? Do what was done with CLS. They have the blueprint to make everyone happy sitting right in front of them.
    In a weekly update you post a clue in the “what’s ahead”. The following week you officially announce its return in one week from that announcement. Then the event returns and you have 7 more days until it ends. What is so difficult following that cadence? The community is happy. The revenue streams continue and actually would increase due to excitement of the character returning. I mean cmon. It doesn’t take an economic expert to figure that out

• Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    edit: double post
    Post edited by Well_I_Never on
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    We both didn’t catch the real error i made. It’s 189 instead of 199 with my original math. So it is 24 less a day with the free energy and that phantom 10 makes it your 34. So we both missed that lol. But either way the math goes to 32 rolls a day instead of 34. So that’s 28 less rolls. 9 shards less with a 30% drop rate. And look, I think the rates are kitten too. I’m just playing the averages that people are posting. I’m facing the same bad rates with DT. But 9 shards between two characters isn’t much. It’s an extra refresh for a day or two. Or a shipment purchase. Yah know?
    lol Oh yes! So we did! I did notice that you'd originally added 144 to 45, but for some reason didn't recognise that as wrong when you said 199. I must be getting a little too close to senility!
    For the rest, fair point no dispute.

Same for the second part also.
    I am of the opinion that people make their own choices & are solely responsible and accountable for them.
    If no-one else forces you to do something & you freely choose, then its outcome is on your own shoulders.

However, in the case that they stated that they wanted to improve communications, it was a little ironic at best.
    To be fair, it was actually a debacle. As is their continued silence since the farce of a Q&A that they put on in desperate panic as lip service.
    However, I do fully expect that their schedule is communicated much further in advance internally & I agree that it certainly would not have hurt them in PR terms, especially in current light, to have brought out the better communication when promising the better communication.
    Unless the forum spokespeople have no idea what is actually going on.
    This would not necessarily surprise me.

All the same, if people were prepared in advance, then notice does genuinely become irrelevant to them.
    It is the people who were not that this has a negative impact on.
    Again, to be fair, it is a free choice for all who anyone wishes to farm.

I also think that Legendary Events being a surprise is actually quite nice, if you belong to the former of the 2.
    It's a horrible shock if you belong to the latter.
    I know which group I would rather be in! lol

For me, it basically comes to down this: Known to be unreliable information is unreliable. Sticking to a plan is reliable.

@Well_I_Never @Ravens1113 (restored original edit) (sorry if I missed something ~SP)
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Essentially I was saying that I agree with you, that giving poor information while promising better communication in the future is ironic, at best.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Trake wrote: »
    Yeah but would it matter? I’m a good few weeks out on vets, telling anyone even a week in advance won’t change anything, you’re either ready or you’re not. Plus everyone would still complain because people simply must complain now, nothing is ever good enough for anyone....ever. Everyone complained about the legendary events..when, when, so they brought both back...still complain. I mean storm han was the monthly character, that’s not a clue?? Doesn’t matter what they do, you will all complain. Suck it up.

I wasn't ready, however I could be during the one week prior notice and the one week of the event. But as I said, I don't care about being ready or not. I care about their principles. Saying that "we will be more transparent in events release cadence", then remaining silent when they DID know that CLS will come in a few days is a spit in your face. That's not the right way to manage your community.
  • Options
    lol Oh yes! So we did! I did notice that you'd originally added 144 to 45, but for some reason didn't recognise that as wrong when you said 199. I must be getting a little too close to senility!
    For the rest, fair point no dispute.

Same for the second part also.
    I am of the opinion that people make their own choices & are solely responsible and accountable for them.
    If no-one else forces you to do something & you freely choose, then it's outcome is on your own shoulders.

However, in the case that they stated that they wanted to improve communications, it was a little ironic at best.
    To be fair, it was actually a debacle. As is their continued silence since the farce of a Q&A that they put on in desperate panic as lip service.
    However, I do fully expect that their schedule is communicated much further in advance internally & I agree that it certainly would not have hurt them in PR terms, especially in current light, to have brought out the better communication when promising the better communication.
    Unless the forum spokespeople have no idea what is actually going on.
    This would not necessarily surprise me.

All the same, if people were prepared in advance, then notice does genuinely become irrelevant to them.
    It is the people who were not that this has a negative impact on.
    Again, to be fair, it is a free choice for all who anyone wishes to farm.

I also think that Legendary Events being a surprise is actually quite nice, if you belong to the former of the 2.
    It's a horrible shock if you belong to the latter.
    I know which group I would rather choose to be in! lol
  • Options
    Yeah, in the group by that's eating pancakes and other delights horrifically full of sugar ;-)
  • Options
    AndyG_Doh wrote: »
    Yeah, in the group by that's eating pancakes and other delights horrifically full of sugar ;-)
    Mate, I am very quickly adding Hungary to my dessert specials! France & Italy are still leading.
    I wish I'd known abut those when I visited Budapest!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

In regards to the bold, I would like to simply point out that drop rates for all characters across all nodes is 30-33%. Always. Regardless as to what event is going on, whether or not double drops are active and regardless of whether you manually battle, sim or multi-sim. It's always 30-33%. There have been individuals and entire guilds who have carefully tracked actual data that supports that fact.

If you want to bemoan the poor communication, I'm right there with you. If you want to point out the inconsistency of the character release "cadence" (and that there is none) - I'll join in supporting that as well. But lets stick with actual facts.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    In regards to the bold, I would like to simply point out that drop rates for all characters across all nodes is 30-33%. Always. Regardless as to what event is going on, whether or not double drops are active and regardless of whether you manually battle, sim or multi-sim. It's always 30-33%. There have been individuals and entire guilds who have carefully tracked actual data that supports that fact.

If you want to bemoan the poor communication, I'm right there with you. If you want to point out the inconsistency of the character release "cadence" (and that there is none) - I'll join in supporting that as well. But lets stick with actual facts.
    The piece in bold is a fact? It is widely reported that people have experienced lower drop rates on the vets than on other characters.
    Of course, this is completely subjective & whether it is correct or not, now that is an entirely different statement & one that I do not make, or claim to know the answer to.

I appreciate what you're saying & agree that basing the calculation on the 30% rate is the correct thing to do. It is the only available conclusion that has supporting evidence.
    Let me alter what I'm saying slightly, to say that if one happens to fall into the lower end of the spectrum while farming them, then they would be negatively impacted by that.

Again, this is not something that you can actually base any calculation or decision on, so appreciate this too.

Fully agree and accept your point, 30% it is.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    People have provided data to show the 30-33% number is reasonable.

The "widely reported" people either show no data or do so in tiny sample sizes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    People have provided data to show the 30-33% number is reasonable.

The "widely reported" people either show no data or do so in tiny sample sizes.

This. "widely reported" is simply anecdotal and an exaggeration. If you use even the 30% conservative number as a basis for calculation, you will be fine.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Fully agree and accept your point, 30% it is.
    I appreciate what you're saying & agree that basing the calculation on the 30% rate is the correct thing to do. It is the only available conclusion that has supporting evidence.

Consider me utterly convinced of your point.
  • Options
    Let’s assume that the drop rate is around 30%,if you spent 300 crystals on cantina energy you will get 360energy,this means 22 sim in a node with 16 energy,you can get from 22-0 shards right?from my exp sometimes the shards are 5 or 7 or 9 or even 2 in 22 sim tries.when the moment comes in the last day of the month and you had a plan in the first day you will see what is the real %.