Content Update 3/21/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Gonna agree with @DrBurninator here. Pulling or delaying a planned release isn't as simple or as isolated a decision as some suspect. The Q&A specificly stated that the release cadence will be communicated in weeks that followed. They then released the CLS/R2 events. While on the surface it may appear that they are incongruent, they are actually not. Give them time to work out a solid communication strategy, in the interim, continue farming around the known requirements and stay focused.

Also, try and continue to ignore all the topics created in the last month asking for CLS to return early. You wouldn't want to acknowledge the masses who are happy that they got what they wanted.

• Options
    Its 3rd time this event hits. How on earth are you still not ready with theese toons?
  • Options
    Be thankful and have patience.
    Great update for me, so cheers

Your freaking kidding right?? Right? Be faithful, have patience... What a joke
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    Gonna agree with @DrBurninator here. Pulling or delaying a planned release isn't as simple or as isolated a decision as some suspect. The Q&A specificly stated that the release cadence will be communicated in weeks that followed. They then released the CLS/R2 events. While on the surface it may appear that they are incongruent, they are actually not. Give them time to work out a solid communication strategy, in the interim, continue farming around the known requirements and stay focused.

Also, try and continue to ignore all the topics created in the last month asking for CLS to return early. You wouldn't want to acknowledge the masses who are happy that they got what they wanted.

Let's say the CLS and R2 events were already in the pipeline and there was no stopping them. Ok. Why not say "To show that we're committed to better communication regarding event timing and release cadences, we're giving you as much of a heads-up as we can. We can't reschedule for technical reasons, but the CLS/R2 events will be arriving this week. Please see the updated event calendar for the dates."? Seriously. It's not that hard to start having better communication.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    Options
    Be thankful and have patience.
    Great update for me, so cheers

Your freaking kidding right?? Right? Be faithful, have patience... What a joke

Ingratitude is an ugly trait.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs did you guys go silent again after releasing CLS with 8h notice? Lol it’s quite funny that there was that fake Q&A where you said there would be more transparency and more communication. You don’t deserve this dedicated community.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Actually to be honest ... I stop paying attention to these special events a while ago ... been ignoring them for a Long while ... let’s look at the facts:

1) CLS regin has ended - it is the Sith that rules
    2) R2 is a good unit but it’s time has ended too
    3) Thrawn is useful - get Him is a must ... for now ...
    4) Palp is up and rising
    5) Rumors has it that Yoda will get a rework

The new characters (Rose / Holdo/ Sion) and even Night sisters are non farmable unless u wanna pay

Gear is an issue
    Credit is an issue
    Fleet is an issue

The bottom like is ... will we ever catch up ??
    Face it guys ... let’s do what we can as FTP ... make them pay for the times they screwed with us
  • Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    Actually to be honest ... I stop paying attention to these special events a while ago ... been ignoring them for a Long while ... let’s look at the facts:

1) CLS regin has ended - it is the Sith JTR that rules - unless you stand firm that arena is the only aspect of this game
    2) R2 is a good unit but it’s time has ended too
    3) Thrawn is useful - get Him is a must ... for now ... - you obviously haven't tried the Chimera and haven't realised Thrawn's non-AI gameplay.
    4) Palp is up and rising - a big chunk of the player base that use him as a main arena toon haven't even unlocked his zeta which was the biggest part of the rework. It is Vader's new ability that makes the duo shine.
    5) Rumors has it that Yoda will get a rework

The new characters (Rose / Holdo/ Sion) and even Night sisters are non farmable unless u wanna pay

Gear is an issue
    Credit is an issue
    Fleet is an issue

The bottom like is ... will we ever catch up ??
    Face it guys ... let’s do what we can as FTP ... make them pay for the times they screwed with us - ooooh my favorite one. A consumer that paid nothing, got a ton of hours out of this game for free, is going on a vendetta to make those who screwed him out of his money pay!

Fixed it up for you a bit.
  • Options
    Hello Heroes,

We've updated the dates of R2 and Luke to correctly reflect that the event is ending on 3/30.

See you on the Holotable!
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    In defense of the devs and the perceived poor performance of transparent communication with the late notice on CLS, they probably had this (update) planned for a month or more. As someone who works for a multi-billion dollar software company (we do not make games), this is the way a release schedule works. I would look to their change in behavior in the weeks to come, not overnight, especially around content (re)releases.

@DrBurninator
    This is a key observation. Thanks for helping everyone find ways to all meet in the middle.
    4qb2n0m8b8mx.gif

No question that they had the return of CLS planned for a while (ST Han as the login character demonstrates that). HOWEVER, given everything that recently transpired, and that it was significant enough for the Lead Producer and members of the team to give up their Saturday evening for the Q&A, they should have at least announced the return on Monday. It's not like they had to be concerned about meeting that release date, since it's activating assets that already exist. Even if the original decision was to announce on the eve of, that's a decision that should have been reconsidered. Waiting until 8 hours before the event starts to announce is either complete obliviousness on the part of the dev and communications teams, or a crass attempt to further induce panic spending.

I agree with you about waiting 8 hours before, but if they announced this during the Q&A (I am thinking this event was already scheduled and the wheels were rolling), this entire community would have been reacting the same, maybe slightly less outraged, because that was announced short notice. Even if they announced it Monday, the community reaction would have been the same (still outraged, maybe less so). People still would have been complaining about the short notice and the panic farming/spending/etc. While I have noticed the devs not doing very well at communicating in the past, I think we should give them a break on this one. If they do this again (drop another legendary/hero's journey in less than a day), then you should feel outraged, because they just told us they were going to do better. Until then, the development cycle/event release schedule as they currently have it likely cannot be changed. I don't know how many people they have on their team, but I can guess they are working hard to make this great game.

I disagree with this post 100%. If the time comes that they actually want to change the course they're on, we'll know. Because they'll stop marching steadfast in the same direction. Until we see a definitive change in course, we have to assume that they've chosen to just keep going the direction they have been. It's their choice. And it's obvious the path they've chosen.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »

The issue many of us have is NOT the dropping of the CLS event, it's the decision to not mention it during the "Improving Communication Q&A" 2 days before. It indicates one of two things (neither of which paints CG in a particularly flattering light):

1) CG_Carrie and the others knew it was coming and intentionally withheld the information, instead choosing to maintain the "status quo" of poor communication (which, given the point of the Q&A in the first place, is not only disingenuous but amusingly ironic.)

2) CG_Carrie and the others had no idea that the CLS event was dropping in less than 48 hours. If you are a believer in Hanlon's razor, this one works. But it begs another question - how is communication going to improve if the team that interfaces with the customer (player) base has no idea what's actually happening in the game?

Which is true? Only they know - and I'm guessing, especially if the huge deluge of communication that has taken place since the Q&A (i.e. none), that we aren't finding out anytime soon.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    And still no FOE, great, I was hoping CG would be kind enough to make him farmable a bit sooner due to the one week late in shipments thing.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Wiggensbog wrote: »
    Everybody take a breath please. Last time CLS came was directly after RJT first came out, so this is to be expected.

Also, can we please stop whining about what we don't get and why we didn't get a huge content update even though the biggest content release was a few weeks ago AND there is a movie coming out in a few months?

Please and thank you.

Right? Notice or not, you know you need to farm certain characters for certain characters. If you don't get it this time around keep farming for next time. You are either ready or you are not. Whine whine whine
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Trake wrote: »
    Everybody take a breath please. Last time CLS came was directly after RJT first came out, so this is to be expected.

Also, can we please stop whining about what we don't get and why we didn't get a huge content update even though the biggest content release was a few weeks ago AND there is a movie coming out in a few months?

Please and thank you.

Right? Notice or not, you know you need to farm certain characters for certain characters. If you don't get it this time around keep farming for next time. You are either ready or you are not. Whine whine whine

The game is about choices. Your choices early on affect the game later at higher levels. The issue for new players is there are too many goal posts to try and keep up with others.

I am not 100% sure how shards work, but I can tell from the gap between me and the top Arena players on my shard is they had a helluva huge head start. CLS GS12 first go, JTR GS 12 first go, full NS meta team, all the shiny new GS12 double and triple zeta’d.

Most likely many are Krakens and Whales, but based on how open their rosters are and the varied mods tells me they opened a lot of content sooner than me. I started playing when R2 first launched. The FB ad daring droid is what got me to try playing, clean graphics, epic music scores, good rendering of characters, it was a break from WOW.

Point being, there is no meaningful catch up mechanism for new players to feel like they are contributing to the guild or the game. I saw all the complaints of people being removed from guilds because they did not have CLS. It spilled over and continued with JTR. A lot of folks play MMOs on the side and “carrying” a lesser player is common to gear them up. Here, though, very few guilds are willing to do it. They all want to be on the leader boards in hopes of becoming Game Changers.

Play the long game. Set a strategy, stick to it, level one characters ability at a time or you bottleneck yourself.
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • Options
    The amount of ghost accounts created by CG to defend CG...you guys are hilariously ridiculous lol reply to your community instead of trying to settle things with actions coming out of cowardice.
  • Options

Please and thank you.

Just wanted to say something in defense of those who were not ready for JTR or CLS. This game is very demanding in several areas. To say you should've had the required toons is easy. Actually farming those toons not so much. With all the content of tw, dstb, lstb STR etc. Its hard to farm the needed toons for legendary toons. Farming is an ever shifting item, farming the required toons will hold you up in other aspects of the game. Guilds are constantly demanding that certain toons need to be farmed. That forces people to farm in that direction. Putting required toons for legendaries on the back burner. Yeah, maybe they should've been ready, but, at the same time if they don't progress as the guild progresses they risk getting booted for not helping the guild in all the other events. So, let them whine, they have that right. Just because you have JTR and CLS doesn't give you the right to say they should've been ready. Not everyone is at or on your level. 3 days for 1 and 8 hours on another is very sad for a game that demands planning. They just answered a question in the Q&A on the subject of better communication and release of events notices. Should've mentioned there that CLS was coming.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Shanara68 wrote: »

Please and thank you.

Just wanted to say something in defense of those who were not ready for JTR or CLS. This game is very demanding in several areas. To say you should've had the required toons is easy. Actually farming those toons not so much. With all the content of tw, dstb, lstb STR etc. Its hard to farm the needed toons for legendary toons. Farming is an ever shifting item, farming the required toons will hold you up in other aspects of the game. Guilds are constantly demanding that certain toons need to be farmed. That forces people to farm in that direction. Putting required toons for legendaries on the back burner. Yeah, maybe they should've been ready, but, at the same time if they don't progress as the guild progresses they risk getting booted for not helping the guild in all the other events. So, let them whine, they have that right. Just because you have JTR and CLS doesn't give you the right to say they should've been ready. Not everyone is at or on your level. 3 days for 1 and 8 hours on another is very sad for a game that demands planning. They just answered a question in the Q&A on the subject of better communication and release of events notices. Should've mentioned there that CLS was coming.
    I didn’t get jtr, knew she was coming, knew I’d have to wait until next time. I knew what I needed to get her, but I chose to work on other toons anyway because they were more immediately relevant. It is what it is, no whining, no complaining, just wait til next time. No one owes you anything.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options

Please and thank you.

I didn’t get jtr, knew she was coming, knew I’d have to wait until next time. I knew what I needed to get her, but I chose to work on other toons anyway because they were more immediately relevant. It is what it is, no whining, no complaining, just wait til next time. No one owes you anything.

This^. I didn't get JTR the first time because of the ridiculous Vets requirements. I continued farming them, until I got distracted by Sith Trooper in January. When JTR came back I needed to buy the Vets pack, because I let myself to be distracted. I might have had finished farming them in cantina if we would have gotten a 1 week notice prior (they were at about 70/100). But it was MY decision to change farming priorities, so I could only blame myself (though I don't do that, because this is a GAME).

On the other hand, the announcement of the legendary events 2 day, and 8 hours, respectively, before the actual event start time was indeed a dirty trick from the devs.
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    [QUESTION: Ghostrider1982]
    Cadence of Legendary Events?....everyone was tracking a later date on BB/JTR based on previous ones and got a 2 day warning and were totally unprepared, why does this have to be so random and so last minute

[NR]: We absolutely want to clarify the cadence. After we post our communication strategy, we will systematically answer a number of questions that the community has. One of those topics will be the cadence of Legendary events.

How hard it would have been saying something like this: "...and as part of this clarification efforts, I would like to inform you that CLS will return in 3 days." Really... NR's hand would have been chopped off if he had informed us?
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Spang wrote: »

Please and thank you.

This^. I didn't get JTR the first time because of the ridiculous Vets requirements. I continued farming them, until I got distracted by Sith Trooper in January. When JTR came back I needed to buy the Vets pack, because I let myself to be distracted. I might have had finished farming them in cantina if we would have gotten a 1 week notice prior (they were at about 70/100). But it was MY decision to change farming priorities, so I could only blame myself (though I don't do that, because this is a GAME).

On the other hand, the announcement of the legendary events 2 day, and 8 hours, respectively, before the actual event start time was indeed a dirty trick from the devs.
    Cadence of Legendary Events?....everyone was tracking a later date on BB/JTR based on previous ones and got a 2 day warning and were totally unprepared, why does this have to be so random and so last minute

[NR]: We absolutely want to clarify the cadence. After we post our communication strategy, we will systematically answer a number of questions that the community has. One of those topics will be the cadence of Legendary events.

How hard it would have been saying something like this: "...and as part of this clarification efforts, I would like to inform you that CLS will return in 3 days." Really... NR's hand would have been chopped off if he had informed us?

Yeah but would it matter? I’m a good few weeks out on vets, telling anyone even a week in advance won’t change anything, you’re either ready or you’re not. Plus everyone would still complain because people simply must complain now, nothing is ever good enough for anyone....ever. Everyone complained about the legendary events..when, when, so they brought both back...still complain. I mean storm han was the monthly character, that’s not a clue?? Doesn’t matter what they do, you will all complain. Suck it up.
  • Options

Please and thank you.

Yeah but would it matter? I’m a good few weeks out on vets, telling anyone even a week in advance won’t change anything, you’re either ready or you’re not. Plus everyone would still complain because people simply must complain now, nothing is ever good enough for anyone....ever. Everyone complained about the legendary events..when, when, so they brought both back...still complain. I mean storm han was the monthly character, that’s not a clue?? Doesn’t matter what they do, you will all complain. Suck it up.

Actually a weeks notice before the event starts, plus an extra week of the event itself, would have been plenty for people and made many very happy. Heck do what they did last time as well to boost sales. Release double drops for cantina for two days (boost in crystal packs), and then also release the crystal pack for each vet (another boost in crystal pack sales). But no, they missed massive revenue opportunities and further tarnished their image in the communities eyes. Whatever could have gone wrong, went wrong
  • Options

Please and thank you.

No need to wait, I have every toon but 4, so I'm not concerned with myself. I just understand those who don't and why they don't. It's hard to keep up with everything. Somethings just have to be sacrificed is all on saying.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Please and thank you.

Actually a weeks notice before the event starts, plus an extra week of the event itself, would have been plenty for people and made many very happy. Heck do what they did last time as well to boost sales. Release double drops for cantina for two days (boost in crystal packs), and then also release the crystal pack for each vet (another boost in crystal pack sales). But no, they missed massive revenue opportunities and further tarnished their image in the communities eyes. Whatever could have gone wrong, went wrong

Double drops would’ve been nice. I guess they could say something ahead of time I just don’t think it would matter. Especially for vets, that takes months. You aren’t going to get a 3 month warning lol.
  • Options

Please and thank you.

Double drops would’ve been nice. I guess they could say something ahead of time I just don’t think it would matter. Especially for vets, that takes months. You aren’t going to get a 3 month warning lol.

Well obviously not lol.
    But I’m willing to bet a lot of people had them at least 6*. So thats 200 shards needed. Now break it down.
    You get 6 cantina energy per hour. Over 24 hours that’s 144 energy. Add in the 45 free cantina. Now you’re at 199. If you do the three 100 crystal refreshes you’re sitting at 360 more for a total of 559 energy. 34 rolls a day. A drop rate of 30% gives you 10 shards. Double it for the double drops and you get 20 shards for 2 days. Over 14 days that’s 160 shards. Still not quite there but you supplement it with shipment purchases, or buy the 50 shard of each vet bundle. Plenty to do.
    Now for pure F2P that still isn’t enough time but for many who have no problem dropping $30, it’s easily attained.

Even a few extra days can make all the difference. Or the subtle “what’s ahead” hint they did 2 weeks ahead of time for the 2nd CLS event.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options

Please and thank you.

Well obviously not lol.
    But I’m willing to bet a lot of people had them at least 6*. So thats 200 shards needed. Now break it down.
    You get 6 cantina energy per hour. Over 24 hours that’s 144 energy. Add in the 45 free cantina. Now you’re at 199. If you do the three 100 crystal refreshes you’re sitting at 360 more for a total of 559 energy. 34 rolls a day. A drop rate of 30% gives you 10 shards. Double it for the double drops and you get 20 shards for 2 days. Over 14 days that’s 160 shards. Still not quite there but you supplement it with shipment purchases, or buy the 50 shard of each vet bundle. Plenty to do.
    Now for pure F2P that still isn’t enough time but for many who have no problem dropping $30, it’s easily attained.

Even a few extra days can make all the difference. Or the subtle “what’s ahead” hint they did 2 weeks ahead of time for the 2nd CLS event.
    Haha...vet farms don’t drop that well, you’re lucky to get 6 or 7. Plus you have to do both, no way are you farming vets in a couple weeks. That’s also assuming you don’t have anything at all to farm, such as the mods to put on these toons. I think you’re being optimistic here.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Please and thank you.

Well obviously not lol.

Haha...vet farms don’t drop that well, you’re lucky to get 6 or 7. Plus you have to do both, no way are you farming vets in a couple weeks. That’s also assuming you don’t have anything at all to farm, such as the mods to put on these toons. I think you’re being optimistic here.

But you get the point he is making.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Please and thank you.

Well obviously not lol.

No not really, my point still stands, you’re either ready or you’re not and if not, well, whining doesn’t really help does it. The only point made I agree with is the double drops, other than that, it is what it is. If your goal is jtr you need to farm those toons until you have them, you know, if it Cls, same thing, same with bb8, same wit r2, thrawn, and so on. You have the map, not anyone’s fault if you still get lost.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Please and thank you.

Well obviously not lol.

No not really, my point still stands, you’re either ready or you’re not and if not, well, whining doesn’t really help does it. The only point made I agree with is the double drops, other than that, it is what it is. If your goal is jtr you need to farm those toons until you have them, you know, if it Cls, same thing, same with bb8, same wit r2, thrawn, and so on. You have the map, not anyone’s fault if you still get lost.

Ok then buddy.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Please and thank you.

Well obviously not lol.

You were almost there man. Almost.
    The point is people aren’t going to exclusively farm ONLY the vets alone when they assume they have another month before the event. But you even said it yourself. Everyone has plenty to farm and collect. It’s impossoble to focus on just the vets alone and neglect every other aspect of the game. You can get away with that for a week or two, but not 3 months.
    Here’s the nitty gritty of it. When CLS first came out there were clues everywhere on who was needed. You knew it had to do with EP. 4 characters. Characters with multiple farm locations and that have been around since launch (aside from R2). Same for the requirements with R2. You had two chance to get him before CLS.
    If you missed the first time then oh well. You would assuredly get him later.
    The difference with RJT was she was a cash grab farm. Needing BB8 was tough enough but to add end game cantina farms with bad drop rates? Cmon now. But if you planned it out based on how long it took CLS to return you could focus pure cantina farms with a refresh a day on the vets even as a F2P. That also allows you to focus and put resources into other aspects of the game. But cutting it by a month with 2 days notice? That’s a lot of farming that can be done in that time. Plus the panic farm you can afford to do with proper warning and packs and double drops.
    TLDR: you could have planned and farmed properly to get RJT second time around, but because of no cadence to speak of and no warning, those that planned had their schedules busted and were left out in the cold.
  • Well_I_Never
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You get 6 cantina energy per hour. Over 24 hours that’s 144 energy. Add in the 45 free cantina. Now you’re at 199.
    Sorry to interject, but you only receive 5 Cantina Energy per hour, 1 every 12 minutes.
    120 per day + the 45 midday for 165 total per day.
    34 less Energy is 2 fewer 16 Energy battles per day than your count. 28 over the fortnight.
    Drop rates for vets are notoriously poor, too.

Both of these negatively affect your predicted rate of return.