May the 4th

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I would be surprised if C3-PO is the next legendary. I’m expecting Jango Fett for May the 4th, especially with Greedo as the April login, and STHan was March. All prep for more BH love after the Solo movie.

As far as ROTJ Luke goes, I could see the following characters being necessary for that Hero’s Journey closer to August:
    CLS
    CHS
    ROLO
    Hoda
    ... Lando. No joke. Cut the community an easy break after requiring Hoda and ROLO.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Considering last year we got r2 who you needed for cls my money is on either the 5th toon needed for ROTJ luke or Luke's XWing
    Who would that be? There is cls hoda captain solo maybe rolo and just about it

My money would be on a member of rogue squadron.

I think the most likely makeup is:
    Cls
    R2
    Chs
    Hoda
    Wedge/yet to be released rogue squadron pilot/hoth bros

Leia doesn't make sense since she doesn't fight alongside luke at any point in ESB. And if they use her it would be part of an escape from hoth mission with chs and escape from bespin with r2. Doesn't make that much sense, imo, to use her.
  • Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    I would be surprised if C3-PO is the next legendary. I’m expecting Jango Fett for May the 4th, especially with Greedo as the April login, and STHan was March. All prep for more BH love after the Solo movie.

As far as ROTJ Luke goes, I could see the following characters being necessary for that Hero’s Journey closer to August:
    CLS
    CHS
    ROLO
    Hoda
    ... Lando. No joke. Cut the community an easy break after requiring Hoda and ROLO.

I agree, Luke doesn’t interact with many people in empire so those five totally make sense
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    ms
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Considering last year we got r2 who you needed for cls my money is on either the 5th toon needed for ROTJ luke or Luke's XWing

Wicket to get C3PO then C3PO to get rotj Luke.

Hoda cls chan rolo and C3PO. There’s the five right there.

What will 3PO do? Sit and blame R2 for every problem

• Options

Cls
    R2
    Chs
    Hoda

Leia doesn't make sense since she doesn't fight alongside luke at any point in ESB. And if they use her it would be part of an escape from hoth mission with chs and escape from bespin with r2. Doesn't make that much sense, imo, to use her.

Makes more sense than C-3PO
  • Options
    I've been calling my shot on 3PO for a long time. He'd make sense to have the same affiliations as R2. I do like the "blame it on R2" ability I saw someone mention :p
  • Human3001
    74 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm waiting for General Jar Jar ;)

Seriously where is the young Obi Wan?
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Options
    Revi wrote: »
    Perdogie wrote: »
    It’ll be a missed opportunity if we don’t get a Jedi rework for May the Fourth. It’s been long overdue and now we need toons that are viable for the Sith raid, and who better than the Jedi?

We already had a Jedi rework, it was one of the first factions reworked...

and erm who better than Jedi??
    Most likely anyone as the Jedi fail to keep the dark side and sith in check every time :'(

Maybe you should look up the history the Jedi completely destroyed koriban, and defeated the first dark side scishm and vanished them outta the known galaxy to koriban to begin with only sidlus beat them
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    murphsith wrote: »
    It’ll be a missed opportunity if we don’t get a Jedi rework for May the Fourth. It’s been long overdue and now we need toons that are viable for the Sith raid, and who better than the Jedi?

Most likely anyone as the Jedi fail to keep the dark side and sith in check every time :'(

Maybe you should look up the history the Jedi completely destroyed koriban, and defeated the first dark side scishm and vanished them outta the known galaxy to koriban to begin with only sidlus beat them

This, only in Clone Wars it’s not Korriban, is Moraband. And the Sith Temple on Malachor in Rebels is the origin for the old curse phrase of Scourge of Malachor, which was shown in KOTOR2 as Malachor V.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Cls
    R2
    Chs
    Hoda

but ESB has nothing to do with jediluke...
    luke isn´t a jedi until the last 10 minutes of return of the jedi

don´t you remember the dialogue between luke and yoda before yoda dies in episode 6?

Yoda: No more training do you require. Already know you, that which you need.

Luke: Then I am a Jedi.

Yoda: No. Not yet. One thing remains. Vader. You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi will you be. And confront him you will.

So leia makes absolute sense, she is fighting alongside luke... as bountyhunter disguise (Boushh Leia) or as slave leia (my favorite hope this toon comes to swgoh) or as endor leia
  • Options
    Hope not

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    Breaking: May 4th has been nerfed. CG has removed the day from the calendar in an attempt to make the year go quicker. Asked about a 364 day calendar, a CG dev replied, “with one less day of wear and tear, we believe this helps the long term health of the player.”

Stay tuned for further nerfing
  • Options

Wicket to get C3PO then C3PO to get rotj Luke.

Hoda cls chan rolo and C3PO. There’s the five right there.

What will 3PO do? Sit and blame R2 for every problem

They could give C3PO some some mad ewok synergy, being their golden god and all. Let the ewok meta begin!
  • Options
    Oh you all want double-drops across the board for May 4th?
    How about half-drops then?
    Sincerely,
    CG
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    It's usually a bonus sale on all crystal packs and double rewards for cantina and hard nodes.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    It's usually a bonus sale on all crystal packs and double rewards for cantina and hard nodes.

it was before may the 4th was nerfed
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I reckon Hyoda was the test run for C3PO. They had to establish whether a toon with 0 attacks would be usable, as it's a certainty that 3PO will be of a similar style

Also, apart from the joke abilities people are suggesting, what abilities could he actually have!? He's a translator....

I for one wouldn't care if C3PO didn't appear in the game if it meant focussing on other toons. Plus I've never once heard someone say they are rushing out to buy the new C3PO toy etc. Doesn't happen :D
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    I reckon Hyoda was the test run for C3PO. They had to establish whether a toon with 0 attacks would be usable, as it's a certainty that 3PO will be of a similar style

Also, apart from the joke abilities people are suggesting, what abilities could he actually have!? He's a translator....

I for one wouldn't care if C3PO didn't appear in the game if it meant focussing on other toons. Plus I've never once heard someone say they are rushing out to buy the new C3PO toy etc. Doesn't happen :D

yes he is a translator... so there can be: translate r2d2 beeps and boops (or any other droid) to commander skywalker, if it´s his turn he can instantly kill any toon with this new info
    translate enemy droid/wookie/geonosian and more toons that aren´t capable of speaking human language... 100% evasion up an so on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »

Yeah, he is a translator, but at one point, he was an Ewok god. Don't forget about that.
  • Options
    I bought and buy C3PO merch all the time. Just because you don't like him does not other people don't. I even have the electronic bank!
  • Options
    Who cares what they do on May 4th if they don't fix what they have done to sith raid rewards.
  • Options
    On may 4th cg will equalize the game by wiping everyone's accounts of all toons and gear and encourage all players to start on an equal playing field.

This will benefit the playerbase.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    jedilord wrote: »
    Kronen wrote: »

it was before may the 4th was nerfed

You mean “improved” in CG’s definition.
  • Options
    I really hope that Rey comes back in May
    4th
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe this year they'll cancel all our accounts and make us start from scratch. Plausible given what's happened over the last few months
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    Options
    C3PO , Droid, rebel, resistance, EwokGod:
    Basic - The chances to survival are - C3PO remove all debuffs from a random rebel/ewok/resistance/droid debuffed ally. then, will heal that ally for 10% HP and protection, and they both gain 10% TM.
    special 1 - Oh my goodness - C3P0 use his translator skills so 2 of his allies have combined uniques for 1 turn. (for example, if r2 and han together in this team, Han get the bonuses like R2 number crunch, and r2 have double-tap like han, both for the NEXT turn of each only)
    special 2 - we're doomed - all allies gain 15% TM. Ewok allies gain OffUp and tenUp. Rebel allies gain Crit chance and Crit damage. resistance allies gain speedUp and defUp. droids gain potencyUp and foresight all for 2 turns.
    Unique - some kind of god - every team bonus of the team is shared with the other factions, by 50%. (for example, Rebel leadership that gives 15% offense, will now give also ewoks/resistance/droid allies 7.5%. if ewok gain 5% evasion for each ewok, will now give also 2.5% evasion for each rebel/resistance/droid ally.. and so on)

here you go, crazy support C3PO with 0 damage abilities only, that will open possibilities for weird comps
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

C'mon man, Jedi are passed due for a faction rework.

My best guess on a Jedi rework is: sometime next year. If we are lucky then it will be Fall 2018, but I don’t think so.

My thought is that it will come with Jedi Luke, and he comes when the devs need fresh influx of players and a way to suck the money out of the whales.
  • Options
    Return of Rey Jedi Training would be a great present for May the 4th
  • Options
    Morgul wrote: »
    Return of Rey Jedi Training would be a great present for May the 4th

It would be. Too soon after the last event though?
This discussion has been closed.