Galactic War - really?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    @Nikoms565 , @Waqui : Yes. We should be developing teams. How long does it take to develop a character for a team? Months. Literally months. No complaint here. I like that about the game. The thing is, it's going to take months to build that roster and I have to war through those months. If you didn't start at the game launch, your roster is very small and growing it takes time, and it takes even more of that time if you can't finish galactic war. I don't see "It **** for us, so it's supposed to suck." as an argument here.

Growing teams, however, isn't the problem. It's frustrating for new players who are doomed to be forever behind people who have played the game for a while, but it's not the problem. The problem is that my small teams that are farmed from nodes or content that I have available (Phoenix, jedi, sith) at this stage in the game are being pitted against teams that are higher level and have access to content (zetas, omegas, event toons) that I don't have access to. I didn't say it shouldn't be challenging. It should be possible. My friend was a level 35 being pitted against KRU at node 6 one day. His few leveled toons literally couldn't bring his health bar down. My level 79 butt shouldn't be fighting Zader/Palpatine and Wiggs/Chaze, or a Phoenix team with full unique omegas. Last night, I was stunlocked by a full Talzin lead nightsister team. You can't retreat if you're stunlocked.

A fine solution to this would be to exclude event and premium characters from war if a player reaches 85, or possibly just cap the level of the toons we're fighting to our own level. I don't think that's unreasonable.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Patience, young padawan. You are not supposed to be able to beat every GW while you are still leveling. It's supposed to be a challenge until your roster is a bit more developed. You will get there eventually once you hit 85. Until then all you need is max. 10 medium developed toons with synergy — some DS and some LS — and a good strategy.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    You keep talking about how your team faces team x - except that you have your entire roster at your disposal. You can throw a trash team in to eat a Palp aoe stun or a Wiggs opening double assist. This is also a tactic used at times in TW.

And your point about the friend not being able to drop KRU's health - there are many characters who can heal block. Use them. Like I said, GW isn't a one team operation - it's a full roster event. For some reason, you seem to keep ignoring that point.

It's pretty simple. You can either waste your time on the forums complaining about GW and refusing to listen to many of the suggestions or follow them and build up a roster and strategies capable of working through it. Like all of us have.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    [/quote]

I'm going to be harsh here and I'm sorry about it. Your team is bad so you are supposed to struggle. You simply have the dps to break a tank with heal over time on him like baze.[/quote]

No offense taken. As I said, I've been trying to wing this. To your point, it's because I don't have the right team. I've been relying on Ewoks and Jedi but haven't developed the characters with the abilities that can beat the opposition. I just spent the last hour on Node 6 trying to beat a buffed Nightsister team. I was about to pull my hair out when I finally just had to quit. With a different team (Empire/Sith maybe), I might stand a chance. Until then, I have to accept that GW isn't going to let me win.

I hate that it's going to take me MONTHS to get to a point where I can fully power up these toons and have a more successful squad. Until then, I'll keep plugging away. Your advice is extremely helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my personal situation. Hopefully other readers on this thread can gain similar insights from your comments. Thanks, Naraic.

• Options
    Hi,
    I have Phoenix 7* gear 9. Just unlocked Thrawn at 7* with them. Yesterday for the first time in 2 months I couldn’t finish GW with a Palp led team, lvl 85, Vader crazy speed, TFP, Thrawn on the team was okay, and SThan. I sent in a suicide squad and then didn’t even get a chance to retreat with my Phoenix squad after that. Minus the Palp lead with all omegas I would have beat them easily. It happens. Even with good strategy, sometimes the RNG doesn’t go your way.

I really struggled with GW around lev 60-68. You have to build a deep roster (something I’m having to reinvent as we speak as I dumped so much into Phoenix for Thrawn which I now have at 7 stars and EP when he comes back).

The Phoenix team is a great strategy in GW. Just make sure you use suicide squads. All they do is go in and die, but are just strong enough to force the opponent to use their AOE’s before they die.

Right now I have two suicide squads. A Wedge led team, and nightsisters. I’m working on both of those teams slowly as side projects, and having them good enough to be a suicide squad helps me learn how to use the new toons as well.

So make all your new toons suicide squad toons while you build them up. Eventually, their too good for suicide duty.

• Options
    tonyelogro wrote: »
    First RNG is like the name says Random, so one day you can get a team that has no synergy and is easy to beat and other day you can get meta, Second the GW was easy and people complaint and now is too hard, so there is no grey point there, so you will have to be patient, try to get as much as you can from what you can win and wait till you have better teams to clear it and reach lv 85 so the difficulty stops increasing...

"reach level 85 and difficulty stops increasing" - how funny, can't help stop laughing....hah hah haa.....
  • Options
    Cyclonick wrote: »
    Currently lvl 63, running a Phoenix Team (Hera 5* G8, Ezra 7* G7, Kanan 6* G7, Chopper 6* G7, Zeb 7* G7) as my main team. Modded not too bad but not too good either since credits are rare at that level.

I had no issues with GW until yesterday last node: DNihil(L) 4*, DMaul 6*, DSidious 7*, DVader 5*, TFP 7* all lvl 78 G8 and arena mods (speed arrow, attack incr. etc). Bam. They wiped the floor with me.

I do understand that GW should be a challange but it is *IMPOSSIBLE* for me to beat a top geared DN lead team 15 lvls above me. Also I do not yet have 3 or more other teams as a backup.

This is really frustrating as GW is currently my one and only income provider. I hope this gets better at higher lvls.

Whats your experience? Do you think it is OK to have this kind of team as last node that is practically impossible to beat?

On a side note: The RNG here is really bad. I do not mean bad in the sense of that I had deserved better results...but bad in the sense of the algorithm behind. I noticed (also from previous fights) that if you do the same thing from the very start, you almost always get the same results. E.g. in this case Zeb was the first to hit at the beginning of each encounter. I tried 50+ times to get a first hit on one of the opponents in order to get a stun. I tried all of the opponents, but all of them dodged in all 50+ tries. And the actions that followed were also basically the same. So to say there was a pattern.

Only solution I can suggest for you is - prepare support Squads and use them on previous easy nodes. Keep your Phoenix as ultimate last chance weapon. Do not use your strongest Squad unless there is no other way. Standing other squads like jedi or random mix should not be much difficult. Not only that they will be helpful for Raids and other uses in future. The more powerful your Phoenix will be the harder it will be to face your opponents in future.
    Regards...
  • Options
    Cyclonick wrote: »
    Did some research and found this.
    Is this also true for teams residing in the nodes? If yes I had a different impression.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your opinions and stories. This kind of felt like a GW support group...

Seriously, how did you link other page with "this" will you please clarify if do not mind. Will be helpful to help others to get connected with appropriate topics.
    Just Curiosity,
    Regards...
  • Options
    It is 1 thing for the last node or 2 to be exceedingly difficult, but I am on the 3rd fight, I'm level 58, using Phoenix, squad 4-6 stars and mostly to gear level 7 or close to. The team I have to go against is level 69 Phoenix Squad, all purple, 3 are 7 stars and 2 are 6 stars. If I got this on the final couple of nodes, it would suck, but it would be in the realms of reasonable RNG. Having this after I have only gotten through 2 fights is ridiculous and broken. Anything other than my phoenix squad gets killed without even having a turn, and my phoenix squad dies within a few turns and cant even get to actual health damage on any single character.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I can still feel your pain but you will have to live with not being able to completely clear GW every time. This will happen again. And again, and again...
    It will get better though once you have developed a second or even a third team to help clear GW. Most probably Empire or Jedi.

You are at a very early stage in the game and Phoenix is your best tool at the moment. You just need to be patient until you have geared up another team.

One tactic you could use is to throw in a crap team first so the skills of the opponent team members are on cooldown. That helps sometimes, but also feeds their turn meter so make sure the TM of the finishing team is built up as well.
    Another tactic would be to throw in a team strong enough to kill at least one character of the opponent team. Leader preferably.
    This will make it a lot easier for your Phoenix.

Good luck and don't let yourself get too stressed out by this...patience is something you will need a lot of in this game

P.s. having an overpowered team to go against on the 3rd node is really bad luck and at least that should not happen too often.
  • Options
    I had a level 76 7* team on the very FIRST mode to go up against.

I'm level 51.

W. T. F.
  • Options
    Was this necro really necessary, @psylerick?
  • Options
    I really appreciate the revival of this topic as I for the second day in a row have met lvl 70 teams. Yesterday, there was a flush lvl 70 emp team on the third node, and today there's a wonky but strong lvl 70 team on the fifth node. I'm lvl 49 (was 47 yesterday) and have a weak phoenix team. And no, it's not easier now than before. RNG has always been a big part of the GW but I can't remember meeting 20+ above user level on the first nodes when I leveled up on my iOS account a year ago.
  • Options
    AnonRando wrote: »
    I really appreciate the revival of this topic as I for the second day in a row have met lvl 70 teams. Yesterday, there was a flush lvl 70 emp team on the third node, and today there's a wonky but strong lvl 70 team on the fifth node. I'm lvl 49 (was 47 yesterday) and have a weak phoenix team. And no, it's not easier now than before. RNG has always been a big part of the GW but I can't remember meeting 20+ above user level on the first nodes when I leveled up on my iOS account a year ago.

I started January 2017. I remember the late nodes having squads 15-20 levels above mine. Sometimes node 6 too, that’s always been a sticking point, even after the rework.