Home One 6* Challenge

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Manually target Rex first then hit Auto, repeat. Its annoying af but doable.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Rex first?
    Most people seemed to agree on kill order JC, Ahsoka, Rex, rest. I wonder if Rex first makes a difference.
  • Options
    Kills JC... Mace reinforces JC..
    Kills Rex and some Clone sergeants with ridiculous amount of h/p.... Mace reinforces 2 more Clone Sergeants.... Throws phone...
  • Options
    Finally beat it. Still a ridiculous challenge for the level 82 and five star recommendation. Used Ghost, Phantom, Wedge, Biggs, and JC to start. Backups were Ahsoka, Umbaran, and Poe. Took out Rex first, then Ahsoka, then JC. RNG had to be mostly perfect. These challenges shouldn't depend on RNG, and if they plan on not making changes then they should at least change the level recommendations for required ships.
  • RefugeAssassin
    123 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Finally beat it. Still a ridiculous challenge for the level 82 and five star recommendation. Used Ghost, Phantom, Wedge, Biggs, and JC to start. Backups were Ahsoka, Umbaran, and Poe. Took out Rex first, then Ahsoka, then JC. RNG had to be mostly perfect. These challenges shouldn't depend on RNG, and if they plan on not making changes then they should at least change the level recommendations for required ships.

Gear levels?

I tried this literally almost 100 times yesterday and just gave up. Not sure I can justify gearing all my pilots up to 11 or 12 when this is literally the only reason I would need to do so outside of Arena.
  • EZC69
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Biggs wedge g11. My Phoenix mix of 9/10 JC g10 Rex g10 ahsoka g9. Cassian and his crew 8 fives 8. So keep dumping gear into them?

I managed with less than this. Try again with better mods (dots and level).

I simply don’t believe that. I’m running a fleet power of 285k with all pilots having level 15 5 dot mods and I’m not even coming close. Either you are the luckiest player to attempt this challenge, you’re not talking about the 6 star challenge, or you’re lying lol. There’s no way.
  • Options
    I agree that guy is either the luckiest guy on earth or he lied.
  • Glauron
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Well I poured a lot more resources into it and got the perfect RNG run. I used:

Home One 6*: (pilot, pilot stars, gear, abilities, ship star, level, abilities, GP
    Ackbar 7* g9 85 5/5/5/m, ship 5* 75 5/3/3/3/3, 26854
    Wedge 7* g11 85 7/m/m/m, Xwing 7* 85 6/m/m 38208
    Biggs 7* g11 85 m/m/7, Xwing 7* 85 6/m/m 37360
    Ghost (all pilots 7* g8/9 80 skills 7/m) ship 6* 85 5/4/m/m/4 33814
    Phantom (4/7/7 star g4/10/9 60/80/82) ship 7* 80 2/6/6/m/m 31697
    Jedi Con 7* g9 7/7/7, ship 5* 80 5/6/m 27024
    Reinforcements (all used):
    Rex 7* 70 g8 5/6/5/5, ship 5* 82 4/6/m 21978
    Ahsoka 7* g7 61, 3/3/3 ship 5* 75 19057
    Bistan 7/4* g8/7 70/65, ship 6* 80 4/3/6/m 19601

At the start I was able to take out Rex and JC in the first two turns while keeping Biggs alive w purple assist health. Mace reinforced w Sarg, I took out Ahsoka, Mace reinforced JC, I took out JC, then battled through the 4-5 sarg's. Some key things that helped - I had 4 ships alive when Ackbar hit his ultimate. I believe I took out 1.5-2 sarges that turn. Mace whiffed his taunt on turn 1. This is vital. I believe he only reinforced 1 JC and 3-4 sarg's, so he may not in fact have unlimited reinforcements. He can definitely reinforce on a 0 turn cooldown timer though. Ackbar's level is more important than in the Mace challenge; he has to get the assists in to keep you alive.

A ton of luck was needed as this run (estimated 200-300th) they just happened to target purple shield ships, not focus anyone down, not get crits very often, missed some target locks, etc. I did use every single reinforcement and at the end it was Ahsoka and Bistan heavily damaged vs one sarge.

While I have beaten it, it is still extremely overtuned. I would suggest reducing all enemy ship HP by 30% or forcing Mace down to a 2-3 turn reinforce cooldown.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @EZC69, @freshprince19888 Don't call people liars, just because you yourselves fail miserably at the basics.

Yes, it's the 6* home one challenge. Want proof? Check my profile. It updates in 1h 30m to show the upgraded Home One.

I gradually came closer and closer to beating it, by upgrading my two Phoenix ships from 5* to 6*, my Home One from level 64 to 72, moving better mods to pilots (except for Wiggs, which already had good mods) and improving my strategy. Before those improvements I didn't even bother — but I did it in the end.

https://swgoh.gg/u/fakir/ships/?f=Light Side
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    @EZC69, @freshprince19888 Don't call people liars, just because you yourselves fail miserably at the basics.

Yes, it's the 6* home one challenge. Want proof? Check my profile. It updates in 1h 30m to show the upgraded Home One.

I gradually came closer and closer to beating it, by upgrading my two Phoenix ships from 5* to 6*, my Home One from level 64 to 72, moving better mods to pilots (except for Wiggs, which already had good mods) and improving my strategy. Before those improvements I didn't even bother — but I did it in the end.

https://swgoh.gg/u/fakir/ships/?f=Light Side

Thank you for your input.
    Dont take their accusation to your heart. Its generated by denial and jealousy, which society marks as negative traita (faults), while in fact, its pretty normal. Im also very jealous, because this isnt fair, but hey, life is very rarely fair. Im happy for you, and hope we all get it some day.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

Rex first?
    Most people seemed to agree on kill order JC, Ahsoka, Rex, rest. I wonder if Rex first makes a difference.

Rex first. He heals a crazy amount and you need to kill him asap. The Clones have a lot of HP but they can be killed. If you dont kill Rex you cant kill them. Rex first.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Thank you for your input.
    Dont take their accusation to your heart. Its generated by denial and jealousy, which society marks as negative traita (faults), while in fact, its pretty normal. Im also very jealous, because this isnt fair, but hey, life is very rarely fair. Im happy for you, and hope we all get it some day.

:—)

Thank you.
  • Options
    @Roopehun I don't think people's jealousy is the root of their questions. I think it has to do with the fact that a pretty severely under powered fleet (sorry there @Waqui, but that's some weak sauce) was able to best the challenge while others who have devoted significantly more resources were not able to. Couple this with what could be construed as the poster's condescension about it led to that reaction. Telling people who have tried something hundreds of times and failed that it was 'easy' is certain to elicit some hard feelings.

While I don't doubt that Waqui's alt obtained the sixth star, I can't reconcile exactly how he did it with that fleet. Perhaps the trick isn't in the fleet he posted, but in the fact that he upgraded the fleet during the challenge. Maybe there's something to it. Maybe there's an adaptive difficulty to the challenge that's set based on when you enter the challenge each time it shows up, and instead of upgrading in between challenges, we need to upgrade during the challenge so that difficulty doesn't reset.

And @Waqui - nobody said unlimited reinforcements, they said zero cooldown, which I can personally attest to - three turns in a row for me.
  • Options
    I didn't call you a liar, I said either/or. So if its true then I guess you're just the luckiest guy ever, because my fleet is way stronger than yours and I'm not even close. Everyone else on this thread seems to agree with me.
  • TVF
    36706 posts Member
    Options

Don't take this the wrong way but you have a very long nose.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Kills JC... Mace reinforces JC..
    Kills Rex and some Clone sergeants with ridiculous amount of h/p.... Mace reinforces 2 more Clone Sergeants.... Throws phone...

This is my life...
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options

https://swgoh.gg/u/themadbastage/ships/?f=Light Side

My fleet. Pretty much everything is the same minus Home One at 6*. Asoka, JC, Wedge, Biggs, and Clone Sgt ARC-170. Phoenix, and Resistance in reserve.

I could only beat it by taking out Rex first, then Asoka, and JC.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with the fact that a pretty severely under powered fleet (sorry there @Waqui, but that's some weak sauce) was able to best the challenge while others who have devoted significantly more resources were not able to.

How others go around their challenges, I cannot say. All I can say is, that I improved my LS fleet bit by bit and saw how I approached the goal for every step. In the end after my final upgrade (pilot mods) it only took a few attempts to finally crack it.

Along the way I saw how endurance was part of the strategy. While the Clone ships are sturdy ships, they don't do an awfull lot of damage like JC and Ahsoka do with their specials. Part of the trick is to remember your healing abilities to keep your ships as long as possible. Some healing abilities also have other positive effects, f.ex. Ahsoka's self heal and Home One's targeted heal. Another part is to buff your special attacks. Don't do an unbuffed AoE attack, if you can do it with advantage/crit up and a few stealthed allies. If you time it with Home One's ultimate (and advantage) to use the buffed special twice in a row it's even better. No, even with buffs I didn't see HUGE damage numbers, but the difference was significant.
    Couple this with what could be construed as the poster's condescension about it led to that reaction. Telling people who have tried something hundreds of times and failed that it was 'easy' is certain to elicit some hard feelings.

Just keep in mind, that those are not my words. Not ever. I always acknowledged, that it's a challenge. Just check my posts. That's why I didn't even bother try seriously while I was still far from the goal. However, when I felt I had it in range, I took the systematic approach, doing a few attempts for each upgrade and adjusting my strategy.
    While I don't doubt that Waqui's alt obtained the sixth star, I can't reconcile exactly how he did it with that fleet.

Well, we all have our limitations ;—)

As I tried to describe:
    I took a systematic approach. I don't believe simple point—and—shoot or auto mode as many posters mention, would have gotten me through it. They chose their approach — I chose mine. In the end I believe I spent less time altogether than those playing it through on auto 100 or even 500 times. And in the end I felt that sense of accomplishment..... ;—)
    Perhaps the trick isn't in the fleet he posted, but in the fact that he upgraded the fleet during the challenge. Maybe there's something to it. Maybe there's an adaptive difficulty to the challenge that's set based on when you enter the challenge each time it shows up, and instead of upgrading in between challenges, we need to upgrade during the challenge so that difficulty doesn't reset.

Gar Larsson much?
    And @Waqui - nobody said unlimited reinforcements, they said zero cooldown, which I can personally attest to - three turns in a row for me.

Please check again, @cannon_fodder_jr:
    Something is bugged where Mace has unlimited reinforcements or something.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Do you feel soar anywhere, @TVF?

If you check my link to my LS ships in the link above you will see a level 72 6* Home One. When I posted the link you would have seen a level 70, 5* Home One.

Now, dear @TVF, I don't need to show you my nose, and I certainly don't care to see your soar spot.
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I really don't understand the problem home one was my first 6 star capitol ship had no trouble with the challenge.

Darth Pedro has like 5 million GP... so he can basically destroy anything with just his little finger! :D
  • Options
    Glauron wrote: »
    First of all this game is great. I have been playing since before Christmas and the progression system is very good. Lots of harder events as one progresses which keeps things interesting.

There is one challenge however that seems grossly over-tuned. The Home One challenge to get the 6* shards is completely out of the normal progression system. Mace and Tarkin 6*'s, while difficult, are beatable with close to the recommended levels. However the Ackbar one not only seems to require republic ships to pass (which is counter to Ackbar's design), but also requires multiple 7*, g10+ maxed pilots. I have done a great deal of research through reddit threads, videos etc and the old method was "auto 100x until Mace bugs out and doesn't reinforce at all".

I have tried this battle 10+ times every time it comes up over the past two months and have not even come close to winning. The Mace bug appears to be fixed as well as he has always reinforced.

I believe this should be looked at and tuned down to be in line with the other 6* challenges. I would also appreciate any assistance in strategy or tactics. I have tried Rex first and JC first strategies multiple times. My account on swgoh gg is: https://swgoh.gg/u/glauron/

Thanks!

UPDATE: So I upgraded the ships a bit and had a great RNG run. Took out Rex - still have 5 ships (ghost phantom JC wiggs). Took out Ahsoka, still 5 ships w good prot. Took out JC, still 5 ships with good health!

Next turn - reinforcement - 4 clones now. Exchange fire a bit. Next turn - reinforcement JC. Took out the JC. Next turn - reinforcement, clone. We're back to 5 on 5, with my ships all damaged. This has been the most deflating event in this entire game. If Mace held to a 2 turn cooldown like every other ship I am confident I could have beaten it, even with the HP wall and taunting. Brutal.

This was my very first 6* challage I beaten mace and tarkins challenge I have 7** cassain JC ashoka 6 Biggs and wedge among others I lost over 1000 times I did the mace challenge with less ships I vlt both phonkex wiggs clone sergeant JC ashoka bistan cassian avsible to it's crazy
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @cannon_fodder_jr, @TVF and other soar players:

As you can see, I'm not the only one, who can beat the challenge with a good strategy (healing, endurance, patience — and lining up buffs for special attacks) — even with a "weak sauce" fleet ;—). Quoted from the other active thread on the subject:
    From what I have seen, and what we tell guild mates, the trick to AA is to heal constantly, regen prot constantly, and chip away at the enemy, there is no timer, it doesn't matter if you beat it in one minute or ten, the result is the same. If you play very defensively, you will beat it easily,, Gotta remember , maces ship isn't really scary , it doesn't have a crazy ultimate. Oh no , they are immune to damage for one turn . . . Doesn't mean a thing. And as mentioned already , take Rex out first, then Jc , or Jc then Rex , but those need to die fast, the rest are dealable then. And play defensively, got a choice between heal or attack? Heal. Then attack, they don't heal with Rex and Jc gone, . . Just a thought anyway.

Only difference is, that I prioritized JC and Ahsoka before Rex in the kill order. Clone sergeants forlast.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF, @cannon_fodder_jr and others, who don't believe, that my "weak sauce" LS fleet could beat the challenge with strategy:

Thanks to GhostTruckin for confirming, that healing, endurance and patience are key aspects to beating the challenge, just as I pointed out above (together with lining buffs up for your special attacks).
    From what I have seen, and what we tell guild mates, the trick to AA is to heal constantly, regen prot constantly, and chip away at the enemy, there is no timer, it doesn't matter if you beat it in one minute or ten, the result is the same. If you play very defensively, you will beat it easily,, Gotta remember , maces ship isn't really scary , it doesn't have a crazy ultimate. Oh no , they are immune to damage for one turn . . . Doesn't mean a thing. And as mentioned already , take Rex out first, then Jc , or Jc then Rex , but those need to die fast, the rest are dealable then. And play defensively, got a choice between heal or attack? Heal. Then attack, they don't heal with Rex and Jc gone, . . Just a thought anyway.

The only difference is, that I prioritised JC and Ahsoka before Rex in the kill order (and clone sergeants last ofc.)
  • Options
    I used the same strategy that @Waqui mentioned earlier. Be very defensive and heal up when you can and slowly chip away on the enemy. I remember I focused on killing JC first then rex then Ashoka and clone Sarge's last. I used fives, rex, clone Sarge, PLO koon, Biggs as start with JC, Ashoka, wedge backup. the taunt PLO koon can put up on someone combined with rex and AA heal helps and if someone low you move taunt to the then healthiest ship.

Before using this strat I attempted it 100+ times. then a guild mate suggested using plo which I didn't consider since he was weak then. lvl70 ship and lvl 53 g7 toon but using that strat I managed to beat it in the 2nd attempt.
  • TVF
    36706 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF, @cannon_fodder_jr and others, who don't believe, that my "weak sauce" LS fleet could beat the challenge with strategy:

Thanks to GhostTruckin for confirming, that healing, endurance and patience are key aspects to beating the challenge, just as I pointed out above (together with lining buffs up for your special attacks).

The only difference is, that I prioritised JC and Ahsoka before Rex in the kill order (and clone sergeants last ofc.)

Where did I ever say I didn't believe you?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

With your Pinnochio reference here:

But, ok, it could also simply have been a reference to the old—school smiley. Yes, I'm an old fart. This is how smileys looked in '92.
  • Options

Please check again, @cannon_fodder_jr:
    Something is bugged where Mace has unlimited reinforcements or something.
    [/quote]

I said or something, which I now realize is the cooldown. I do want o thank you for writing this. My frustration is that I have spent many resources leveling up ships and pilots. Everything is 7 star and lvl 85 and I always switch mods around when doing it. I have tried the auto and I have done it manually numerous times and Ive followed many different kill orders and I literally cant get below three ships before its reinforce and then reinforce and hes back up to 5. Maybe I am quitting to early and need to stick it out but it is an extremely deflating process that I feel needs to be looked into. I get the Thrawn event having a high RNG and difficulty because it is to unlock a very powerful toon. but in the case of this event/situation it is ridiculously overtuned and RNG dependent which is not "fun" gameplay at all. After I unlocked Thrawn after 75+ tries it was met with excitement and exhilaration, this will be met with a big F off and thank God as it is a gate to getting Thrawns ship to 7* and then I wont even be using it.
  • Options
    I geared up Ashoka to G8 so ill give it another run tomorrow, but alas im going to miss out on this yet again. FWIW I have tried to take rex out first but I often find that between him and JC restoring his protection it takes me forever before I can actually take him out then the taunt swapping begins before I can finish him or him and JC off. I am working on getting some better damage ships (looking at you Poe but 2 shards in shop over a 2 week period is terrible RNG) but I honestly feel my biggest problem is the constant Target Lock resistance those ships have. Ideally I should TL, get Biggs's taunt and prot up, then be able to land additional TL's to replace any damage he takes, but either none of the TL's stick or only the initial one sticks which gives him taunt and he summarily gets gang-banged down after one enemy turn and thats a G10 Biggs ship fully leveled so that actually works against me. If anyone has any ideas on improving that id be all for hearing them.
  • Options
    Yeah, that’s the main problem I find I run into Refuge...I’m more or less trying/doing everything everyone is suggesting, but it seems like my Biggs is gone after turn 1 a lot of the time regardless of what I try to do to keep him alive...

Is g11 going to make that much of a difference for me over g10? Is g11 realistically a valid requirement for a 6* challenge? It doesn’t seem like it should be, and that’s why I’ve been suggesting this challenge is OP.
  • TVF
    36706 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

With your Pinnochio reference here:

But, ok, it could also simply have been a reference to the old—school smiley. Yes, I'm an old fart. This is how smileys looked in '92.

Yeah, and more to the point I was referencing the fact that you did this:

:--)

Instead of this:

:-)

It was not a Pinocchio reference.