Home One 6* Challenge

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    36 tries today, all on auto, 33 defeats with 5 opponent s remaining, one 1 star win, not sure how/why, dont care, after 6 months of trying with a 7* team it is finally over.

Did you focus fire anyone or set it and forget it?

Set and forget, my focus fire strategy over the past few months left me angry and frustrated so i just turned the battle on and walked away.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    To avoid any more confusion:

1. I am not arguing, that the event doesn't need tweaking. I'm indifferent on that matter and people are entitled to whatever oppinion they have on the matter.

2. To people who claim that the challenge is (nearly) impossible, I argue that it's difficult but ceratinly doable.

3. To people who claim, that the event is impossible with their 290k Home One fleets, I argue that it's doable with a 245k fleet.

4. To people who claim that completion is all random, I argue that using a good strategy highly increases the probability of success. RNG does NOT play as huge a role as many claim in this thread.

5. To people, who simply auto the whole thing several hundreds of times I argue that a good strategy will help them complete the challenge faster.

6. I never claimed that RNG plays no role. I already acknowledged that it does. As written elsewhere, even after my final upgrade of pilots (mods) it took me 5 attempts to complete the challenge. However, in those first 4 attempts I was significantly closer to succeeding than before. Again: RNG does NOT play as huge a role as many claim in this thread.

7. I never claimed that my strategy was something new and never thought of before. I only claim that it was one I gradually developed myself. Furthermore, ghost_truckin confirmed that in his guild they recommend a similar strategy for the challenge.

Now, as previously stated everyone can choose whatever approach they want. I simply described my systematic approach which helped me complete the challenge. If people prefer autoing and failing for another month it's fine with me. If people claim, that it's pure coincidence, that they completed it after reading this thread after weeks (months?) of failing, then it's all up to them. Stubborn thickheaded people on public internet forums is nothing new. Neither is people, who twist the words, you write, claiming a new meaning which isn't there. To each and everyone:

Good luck with this challenge as well as future ones.

Over and out
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    To avoid any more confusion:

4. To people who claim that completion is all random, I argue that using a good strategy highly increases the probability of success. RNG does NOT play as huge a role as many claim in this thread.

Agreed you have to use a strategy but the strategy is again only as good as the RNG allows it to be and as you pointed out yourself in no way foolproof. Strategy is knowing what toons to take out first, strategy is knowing what toons are able to apply target lock. Strategy is adapting to the situation and using the skills your ships have and assuming their application rate is higher then 1 out of 10.

What strategy is NOT is losing 1 or 2 ships on the first barrage and having to restart until RNG favors you with minimum damage and all 5 ships up. What strategy is NOT is hoping that your target locks actually land. What strategy is NOT is hoping you are able to take out that ships last sliver of health before the enemy capital ship tries to apply a taunt and strategy is NOT hoping that bugs out and the taunt move is wasted because it didnt apply. Strategy is not hoping that once you get the first 2 or 3 ships down that a train of reinforcements come each turn using special damage moves against your fleet to whittle your really high remaining health to taking out 1 or 2 ships and severly damaging others that you cant recover from.

Is it impossible? Obviously not plenty of people in the last week in this thread alone are saying they somehow got through it and most of those people are still decrying the fact the balance is out of whack. What people are trying to say is the requirements to finish this are way too high and its only to get your ship to 6 stars, the fact that the 7* challenge to gain shards is tremendously easier is all the proof anyone needs that this is out of whack. If this was the 7* challenge maybe I could agree with it but its not and thats that.
  • Options
    sigh..all these heated convo can be avoided if the dev just lower the difficulty right.
    its all the dev's fault!
  • SemK
    2 posts Member
    Options
    can anyone help me towards strategy with my fleet? cause I've been trying so hard to get home one to 6* by reading threads, and watching videos and everything, but to no avail.. so I am using 6* Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka, Ghost, Phantom II, Poe, 5* Res Pilot, and 7* Cassian, since that's everything I've got.. not all pilots are perfect, but they are okay, all moded and the fleet's power is just a bit over 280K.. I tweak the combination but can't seem to get anywhere. I take out Ahsoka first, but then everything goes wrong.. Can someone suggest a strategy for my fleet? I just want to get it over with! Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Start with Rex, but your team looks very weak so i wouldnt get your hopes up bud.
  • Options
    I finally beat this challenge with some help from a reddit thread. It seemed for me the key was the Falcon. I never used aoe, just kept biggs taunting as long as possible, used phantoms crit up and if it stuck, used the falcon to blast down a ship. I got to 5 vs 3 and then lost 2 in a row to go to 3v3 but was able to reinforce and keep it under control. I had one ship left and Mace called reinforcement back to back, but falcon would take down each one really quick. Falcon was only 5 star for me as well. Hopefully this helps some people.

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Me too. I finally have beaten home one 6 star challenge
    https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala

My team was
    Umbaran(7*, Gear 8) Falcon(6*, Rey 8/Finn 7) Biggs(7*, Gear 10) Ghost(7*, Gear 8) Phantom (7* Gear 8, Sabine Gear 6 3 stars)
    Reinforcement:
    JC(Ship 6*, Char 7* G8)
    Cassian(7*, Char lv60 G7)
    Wedge (7*, G8)

Kill order: Rex, JC, Ahsoka, Reinforced JC, 4 Clone Sergeant ARCs
  • Bladar
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Finally got it this morning with:

Biggs and wedge, g11 7*, 7* ships
    Phoenix, all g10 7*, 5* ships
    Rogues, all g9 7*, 7* ship
    Fives, g9 7*, 5* ship
    JC, g9 7*, 5* ship
    Clone SGT, g9 7*, 5* ship
    Ackbar, g10 7*, 5* ship

Ran biggs, wedge, phantom, ghost, and cassians u wing with jc, umbaran, and arc 170 in reserve.

It took 24 attempts and I only succeeded because rng took over and I finally landed some target locks. Between the target locks and assists from jc, cassian, ghost, and ackbar I could finally keep biggs alive with taunt up and that's what won it.

I targeted ashoka first so she couldn't dispel then focused jc, rex, jc again, then the arcs.
  • Options
    I am having issue with both challenges and magically they get unlimited reinforcements thats if i manage to even kill one ship -- total hog wash - the momnet i start to do well it changes and does what ever it wants
  • Options
    And how does Clone SGT have 2-3times more health and protection then ALL my ships? he even towers over my G11 Biggs 7 star and 7 star ship
  • Options
    Doing obe VS mace i killed 2 ships now MAGICALL im doing no damage and he gets all his ships in two turns
  • Options
    This battle Mace got 6 attacks in row yeah thats legit
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I just did it with this:

Home One - Level 40; Ackbar lvl 53, gear 6 (lol), six stars

Ghost - Level 80; Hera lvl 85, gear 9, Kanaan lvl 85, gear 8, Zeb lvl 85, gear 8
    Phantom - Level 80; Sabine (five stars) lvl 62, gear 7, Ezra lvl 85, gear 10, Chopper lvl 85, gear 9
    Jedi Consular - Level 70, Consular lvl 70, gear 8
    Millenium Falcon - Level 81, Rey Scav, lvl 85, gear 11, Finn lvl 80, gear 9.
    Biggs - Level 85, Biggs, lvl 85, gear 11.

Reserves:
    Cassian's U-Wing - Level 80, Cassian and K2 lvl 70, gear 8, Jynn level 70, gear 7
    Ahsoka - Level 70, Ahsoka lvl 75, gear8
    Wedge (never called up) - Level 80, Wedge, lvl 85, gear 8

All ships were 7 stars except: Falcon was five stars, Ahsoka was six stars.

Kill order was Rex, Asohka, Jedi Consulars, then Clones. Took about 20 attempts as I just got Millenium Falcon to five stars. Strategy was to keep Biggs alive as long as possible, get crit chance up from Phantom, use Thrust Reversal on Falcon, and then have Falcon blow a ship up. I also called Falcon on assists like from Jedi Consular. Really I wasn't even close until I got the Falcon to five stars and then that made a MASSIVE difference. Keep Falcon alive and with thrust reversal and crit chance up it just blows up ships.
  • Options
    For those people claiming the ships don’t hit that hard. Each clone torpedo special does 33k damage. Each JC and Ahsoka special do 28-35k damage.

This is damage to 7* level 85 ships with maxed skills, pilots are 7* level 85 GS 9 -11 with max abilities and 5* maxed mods. Home One is 85 with max abilities 6* level 85 Akbar GS8 with maxed abilities and 5* mods.

Biggs, Wedge, Ghost, Phantom, Bistan, Ahsoka, JC, Fives. Biggs is nearly destroyed opening salvo every time.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Well you saw what I did it with today in my previous post so it’s definitely doable even with subpar gear/ships/crew. It did require some rng. I did 20ish fights but some were immediate restarts because they would kill one of my ships with the opening salvo. Again though, it was all about the Millenium Falcon for me. Before I got it to five stars and could use it for this challenge, I wasn’t even coming close. I didn’t have enough damage to take out ships quick enough. Once I got the falcon to five stars though it wasn’t hard. The run I won I didn’t even call wedge off the sidelines.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Well you saw what I did it with today in my previous post so it’s definitely doable even with subpar gear/ships/crew. It did require some rng. I did 20ish fights but some were immediate restarts because they would kill one of my ships with the opening salvo. Again though, it was all about the Millenium Falcon for me. Before I got it to five stars and could use it for this challenge, I wasn’t even coming close. I didn’t have enough damage to take out ships quick enough. Once I got the falcon to five stars though it wasn’t hard. The run I won I didn’t even call wedge off the sidelines.

Appreciate your insight. Guess i’m Gonna have to just get 65 Falcon shards burning Rey refreshes and getting a whole mess of shard shop currency.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I just did it with this:

Home One - Level 40; Ackbar lvl 53, gear 6 (lol), six stars

Ghost - Level 80; Hera lvl 85, gear 9, Kanaan lvl 85, gear 8, Zeb lvl 85, gear 8
    Phantom - Level 80; Sabine (five stars) lvl 62, gear 7, Ezra lvl 85, gear 10, Chopper lvl 85, gear 9
    Jedi Consular - Level 70, Consular lvl 70, gear 8
    Millenium Falcon - Level 81, Rey Scav, lvl 85, gear 11, Finn lvl 80, gear 9.
    Biggs - Level 85, Biggs, lvl 85, gear 11.

Reserves:
    Cassian's U-Wing - Level 80, Cassian and K2 lvl 70, gear 8, Jynn level 70, gear 7
    Ahsoka - Level 70, Ahsoka lvl 75, gear8
    Wedge (never called up) - Level 80, Wedge, lvl 85, gear 8

All ships were 7 stars except: Falcon was five stars, Ahsoka was six stars.

Kill order was Rex, Asohka, Jedi Consulars, then Clones. Took about 20 attempts as I just got Millenium Falcon to five stars. Strategy was to keep Biggs alive as long as possible, get crit chance up from Phantom, use Thrust Reversal on Falcon, and then have Falcon blow a ship up. I also called Falcon on assists like from Jedi Consular. Really I wasn't even close until I got the Falcon to five stars and then that made a MASSIVE difference. Keep Falcon alive and with thrust reversal and crit chance up it just blows up ships.

Agree..Falcon is what did it for me
  • Options
    PSA for anyone like me who's geared fleet could not clear it, with the new ships format I was able to finally clear this first try losing only 1 ship. Further proof this thing was waaaay overtuned for its level.
  • Phoenixeon
    1843 posts Member
    Options
    Tried hundred times before, no luck to pass it.
    After ship 2.0 I passed it on the first try....
  • Options
    What are the requirements for 7 stars?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    What are the requirements for 7 stars?
    All major event requrements -> https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1429024#Comment_1429024

Please do not necro old threads. Start a new thread next time.