Bounty hunters [Merge]

Replies

• Options
    I wonder if he will have an "Anti-Wookie" feature?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Loved Bossk in Battlefront 1
    My BHs wouldnt be great but its good to see the rework
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options

That would be funny since the only wookie is Chewbacca and neither of them are very good
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »

That would be funny since the only wookie is Chewbacca and neither of them are very good

Might become relevant with the new one, the power creep is real in this game...
  • Options
    Wait, why is Boba possibly getting a rework? He's fine since the last rework. Focus on the others that are hilariously bad. Greedo, Cad Bane, Dengar. Boba is good, toss in the contract mechanic and he will be golden.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just me but I kinda hope they're moving away from the thermal dets with these reworks, we know they're useless in the raid and territory battle so please CG make the bounty hunter comp not involve the thermals
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I kinda hope they're moving away from the thermal dets with these reworks, we know they're useless in the raid and territory battle so please CG make the bounty hunter comp not involve the thermals

Interesting, I would argue for actually improving the detonators to make BHs more useful in the raid, possibly by making some of them irresistible, as hp percent damage is the only meaningful way to do it.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Interesting, I would argue for actually improving the detonators to make BHs more useful in the raid, possibly by making some of them irresistible, as hp percent damage is the only meaningful way to do it.

Agree with this thermals are a great way to do some quick damage in the raid as you can load them up without triggering the tenacity and speed gain
  • ShmurdaTK
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

As someone who ran Bounty Hunters as my first arena team, thermal detonators are key to their success. Zam Wessel and Greedo both throw detonators on all. For each detonated, Zam Wessel gains 100% turn meter and the rest, under boba lead, gain 15%. This means a total possible 150% TM for every character, and a total possible 1000% TM for Zam Wessel.

Detonators absolutely wreck Wampas in DSTB. I'd love to see them reworked to be better, as stated before.
  • Options
    There needs to be a ability "seeking commitment" then the other team will run away.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Happy to see a BH rework, sad that Zam looks like she's not being included : (

Hopefully we get some info soon, I've been saving a LOT of gear and other items for this moment.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Cad Bane was possibly the most skilled bounty hunter of his time. Holding his own against Jedi masters such as Quinlan Vos and Obi Wan Kenobi. It's extremely disappointing he isn't getting a rework @CG_Carrie :(
  • xerxesn1
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have been waiting for this rework for at least a year. I was top20 with my fully maxed bounty hunter team, but of course the rebels were much more important for the developers than a very unique and fans liked team like the BHs. I wrote many comments and topics why aren't there new BHs like 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Bossk, Embo, C21-HighSinger. Now they changed their minds and gave us Bossk. One character, but it seems like we have to appreciate it for the next 2-3 years because they WILL eventually go back to releasing other non-important rebel characters. (Developer, if you read this, at least think about the subject because sometimes these posts seem like to be seen by non of you.)
  • Options
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    Wait, why is Boba possibly getting a rework? He's fine since the last rework. Focus on the others that are hilariously bad. Greedo, Cad Bane, Dengar. Boba is good, toss in the contract mechanic and he will be golden.

I'm guessing tossing in contract in Bobba's kit counts as a rework. Not knowing the mechanic itself makes it pretty hard to guess how much change needs to be done to include this new mechanic.

It's really sad that they do not seem to include Cad Bane. He's probably the Bounty Hunter who's done the most on screen Bounty Huntering of all on screen Bounty Hunters. I hope it's just a temporary setback.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Options
    @Lee_Troyer Agreed.

If there was one bounty hunter I would not want to be after me, it would definitely be bane. Well actually I guess probably second to Asajj be she's more of she's not really a bounty hunter, more of an Assassin or something
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Lee_Troyer wrote: »
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    It's really sad that they do not seem to include Cad Bane. He's probably the Bounty Hunter who's done the most on screen Bounty Huntering of all on screen Bounty Hunters. I hope it's just a temporary setback.

I was ecstatic to hear about Bounty Hunters finally being improved, and then devastated to hear Cad Bane was being left out in the cold. He's my favorite. Not sure why they are only half fixing this terrible faction, but at least we're getting something. Hopefully prequel BH get fixed with Seperatists some day.
  • Options
    To me it looks like we're going to get set up with 2 sets of BH. We have 5 from the OG series, Bossk will provide that final member and they will be BH team 1.

Then we're set up for the prequel BH's - Zam and Cad get a pass - Embo is brought in since he's in game already - when you have your choice from "The Box" episode (and the ones after) for Prequel BH's - I'm guessing just Derrown because he'll sticks out (marketing!), but any number of possibilities. then # 5 for the prequal BH's will be Jango, and he will be pay to gain.

Then you have two full teams of BH - with built in synergies based on timeline - but you'll be able to mix and match as you wish.

I'm pretty sure we're going to be set up to have 10 toons for many of the lesser factions. We just need 2 more Ewoks, which is no problem. 2 more NS were ALREADY on the docket - they changed them to Zombie and spirit because of Halloween. 3 more Troopers can be done without a thought. We gots 8 I know we have 11 droids but the 3 astromechs don't really belong there - especially considering TW - so to bring us up to 10 non-astromech droids we're bound to get 2 more.

Res got their 10 with Holdo and Rose in the end. Not trying to get touch any one off ... but if you discount EP and Vader - Sith now have their 10 dedicated toons.

Point is (TL:DR) were I the predicting sort - I'd say the factions will (almost) ALL be tightened up to a minimum of 10 toons - maybe even by end of year. Jawas will stay 5, Geonosians will get their 5th with the Separatist rework, Tuskens.... are the worst of the red-headed step children....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Super excited for bobas rework even though I'm sure it'll only be small
  • Options
    I feel extremely justified
  • Options
    I'm happy that Bossk is being added to the game.
    But so disappointed that Jango isn't being added. I think this is the perfect time to add Jango since they're doing a Bounty Hunter rework. Oh well, I'll still be playing everyday patiently waiting.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    1. BOSSK going to be bounty hunter tank.
    2. New targeted "contract" thing.
    3. Original movie bounty hunters getting changes to incorporate that contract thing. So, Boba, Greedo, Ig88, Dengar.
    4. Dengar also getting an unspecified leader ability.
    5. Will be more useful squad for raids and such. Okay in arena but not a new meta apparently.

I'm definitely going to gear mine up cuz I love bounty hunters.
  • Options
    Cool story
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    1. BOSSK going to be bounty hunter tank.
    2. New targeted "contract" thing.
    3. Original movie bounty hunters getting changes to incorporate that contract thing. So, Boba, Greedo, Ig88, Dengar.
    4. Dengar also getting an unspecified leader ability.
    5. Will be more useful squad for raids and such. Okay in arena but not a new meta apparently.

I'm definitely going to gear mine up cuz I love bounty hunters.

I consider 5 a challenge....I'm going to make them viable lol
  • Options
    So bounty contracts are straight from The Old Republic MMO. I hope they work similar here and have good rewards such as complete rare gear or rare character/ship shards.
  • Options
    ShmurdaTK wrote: »

As someone who ran Bounty Hunters as my first arena team, thermal detonators are key to their success. Zam Wessel and Greedo both throw detonators on all. For each detonated, Zam Wessel gains 100% turn meter and the rest, under boba lead, gain 15%. This means a total possible 150% TM for every character, and a total possible 1000% TM for Zam Wessel.

Detonators absolutely wreck Wampas in DSTB. I'd love to see them reworked to be better, as stated before.

I could live with that too, I just really don't wanna have to watch the sith resist them all and the rebels cleanse them all, it's very frustrating to have their play style be completely mitigated by multiple opponents
  • Options
    Does anyone think Bossk will get a Scoundrel tag as well? Seeing as how all bounty hunters in this game have the Scoundrel tag I’m assuming he would but I know nothing about him.
  • Options
    Have had a maxed bounty team for a while, super exited for this much needed rework. when does it go into effect?
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    In regards to Bossk and the rework...

14edck.jpg
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    Cool game too.
  • Options
    But for real. Come join my guild and become a bottom feeder. Bcuz you won't even reach top ten kid.