Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Do I understand why there is still so much salt being thrown around on this issue? ... no.

Let me explain...no there is too much. Let me sum up:

image.jpg

who cares about that though? All that matters are their decisions, not what they say.

If the goal was improved communication, then communication which is misleading is counterproductive to the goal. So in that sense it matters. It also matters in terms of building up good will and trust. I don't mind supporting a game and developers I like and trust. I have strong reservations about supporting people (and a game) that is dishonest or short-sighted. The recent action is both.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    RawdSW wrote: »
    I don't often post in the forums here. I really like this game and have invested a fair amount (roughly $3,200 USD). I guess that makes me a whale/dolphin. These "reward" changes are so bad I just had to log in to post.
    [...]

If you spent $3,200 in this game, you don't need the gears they give you from raids.......
    Yeah, he does. $3K doesn't buy you as much in this game as you think it does. Just to keep your roster current with all these new characters being released is around $100-$200/month and gear itself is very expen$ive to get.

I waited on most of these premium characters until they are farmable and I'm "competitive" as far as I'm concerned. I didn't get Thrawn on first try, didn't get RJT on first try, didn't get bb8 on first try. Still top 50 in Arena and top 5 in ships. If you paid to have "IT" now then that's different from paying to buy something that adds more "value" long term. If the guy with 7 star sion gear 12 only places 10 spots above me in Arena, and we bother get same rewards then you tell me where is the value in having that character now?!?!

I doubt anyone looking at my acct would think I'm less competitive than someone who spent $3,200 in the game.

I agree with you on this point. In fact, my spending pattern sounds similar to yours. But just because someone spends differently doesn't make their complaint less "valid". I still subscribe to the fact that those who have spent the most on the game (i.e. supported it) are allowed to complain more than those of us who are dolphins, guppies and f2p.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    This game isn't just about the whales, and as of right now I doubt anyone can Solo the sith raid heroic so it is a group effort. This change definitely reward the lower level guys or those who can't always finish #1.

You can have a whale guild and someone will still finish 50th, and that doesn't mean the person who placed 50th is a total slacker. CG has been very good lately about being responsive to your complaints and opening up the comm channels. You guys are a little overboard with all of this complaining.

Except the only people that *may* be getting better rewards in heroic are the people at 41-50 that are taking 0's. That's a problem. I'm not necessarily against equalizing rewards, but they needed to be way better than they are.

If you have a guild of 50 and you only need 40 to complete the heroic sith raid, then it is really not as hard as you make it sound....... Most guilds are still requiring a full boat of 50 to make the trip.

Heroic has always been about the character shards. In reality, if you are whaling hard you wouldn't be relying on these raid gears as a main source, only the players who grind will see the value in them. Trust me, people with 7 star sion gear 12 didn't grind it out through countless raids. They bought.

@TAureliusC are you doing heroic sith? Because it doesn't sound like you are.

Here's my gg - https://swgoh.gg/u/maegor/

Please try to tell me again why I don't need the gear from raid rewards.

What you seem to be forgetting is that you farm raids after you're done with character shards to make sure your roster is capable of completing the next challenge.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Good for you for not leaving. But you are seriously underestimating how much gear was in the boxes for the heroic raid to say that anybody spending money or a guild that could clear heroic doesn't need the gear in those boxes. Guilds that were 120M were clearing heroic. You can't tell me that a guild with an average player gp of 2.4M didn't need that gear.

I'm putting together a spreadsheet with expected returns from the old loot system for all ranks right now in heroic. I know everybody that did 40th or better is getting worse rewards right now under the new system, and I'll be shocked if 41-50 are getting better rewards right now as well.
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Do I understand why there is still so much salt being thrown around on this issue? ... no.

Let me explain...no there is too much. Let me sum up:

image.jpg

who cares about that though? All that matters are their decisions, not what they say.

If the goal was improved communication, then communication which is misleading is counterproductive to the goal. So in that sense it matters. It also matters in terms of building up good will and trust. I don't mind supporting a game and developers I like and trust. I have strong reservations about supporting people (and a game) that is dishonest or short-sighted. The recent action is both.

well first off, i don't consider making purchases "supporting people (and a game)" since it isn't really is it? You're just making a purchase from a multimillion dollar company who actively screws over their customers to maximize profits. I mean, would you also consider shopping at wallmart "supporting people (and a store)"?
    Whether you think it's worth it to purchase their product is a whole different matter.
    I can see why ea/cg thinks "improved communication" is a good thing, because apparantly it potentially leads to more sales for the reasons you give. My point is that it shouldn't. It's a sham. Just watch what they do and ignore what they say, that's all that matters.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Good for you for not leaving. But you are seriously underestimating how much gear was in the boxes for the heroic raid to say that anybody spending money or a guild that could clear heroic doesn't need the gear in those boxes. Guilds that were 120M were clearing heroic. You can't tell me that a guild with an average player gp of 2.4M didn't need that gear.

I'm putting together a spreadsheet with expected returns from the old loot system for all ranks right now in heroic. I know everybody that did 40th or better is getting worse rewards right now under the new system, and I'll be shocked if 41-50 are getting better rewards right now as well.

Why bother? it's going to change soon anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Pages and pages of communications from Devs and the first major change is a total bust.
    My guild has been bored into a stupor with STR and now there's even more incentive to just let the top players in guilds carry the rest.
    What was the point of any of it? Other then, I presume, to really lower our expectations of what they'll be doing from here on in:
    • The new CG will under promise and and then under deliver, as well.
    • All player requested changes are subject to the maximum amount of over-complication.
    • Since there are too many options to account for among toons - new content will simply be immune to most of it. For players enjoyment, of course.
    • Subset - if toons are still too good, we'll be sure to nerf or, for 'reasons', not allow them.
    • Finally, new CG will be very clear - any of the old tired content, or stores, that really need to be refreshed and updated, will not.

Someone said CG is working hand in hand with Marvel to ensure a maximum number of people go there to spend money on a lot of new (read: rehashed) content.... it was a joke, but, you know, it might have some legs based on what we're actually getting in game...
    We're not feeling CG, we're really not....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Pages and pages of communications from Devs and the first major change is a total bust.
    My guild has been bored into a stupor with STR and now there's even more incentive to just let the top players in guilds carry the rest.
    What was the point of any of it? Other then, I presume, to really lower our expectations of what they'll be doing from here on in:
    • All player requested changes are subject to the maximum amount of over-complication.
    • Since there are too many options to account for among toons - new content will simply be immune to most of it. For players enjoyment, of course.
    • Subset - if toons are still too good, we'll be sure to nerf or, for 'reasons', not allow them.
    • Finally, new CG will be very clear - any of the old tired content, or stores, that really need to be refreshed and updated, will not.

Someone said CG is working hand in hand with Marvel to ensure a maximum number of people go there to spend money on a lot of new (read: rehashed) content.... it was a joke, but, you know, it might have some legs based on what we're actually getting in game...

Tinfoil hat on - or maybe they want us long term players out.
  • Options
    Going forward, the title of the mega thread should be: "Content Downgrade - Date"
  • commander_unknown01
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Dont worry guys &girls..u will get 500 crystals and a apology mail soon.
    And then u will find that the rewards will remain the same.
    And they will introduce Bossk and BH rework and make u chase after that and u will forget this **** nerf.
    After all we have survived 2 nerfs IN raid so we sure as hell can survive reward Nerf, alteast thats what devs and CG seems to think.
    And someone pls find out if MSF is also owned by EA (i think it might be). Then it would explain everything! If it is true, Uninstall MSF immediately!
    In the mean time, pls give 1 rating or 0 rating in the app store, if u feel like it (if there is a 0 rating).
    I think that would be enuf venting
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    And they will introduce Bossk and BH rework and make u chase after that and u will forget this **** nerf.
    After all we have survived 2 nerfs IN raid so we sure as hell can survive reward Nerf, alteast thats what devs and CG seems to think.
    And someone pls find out if MSF is also owned by EA (i think it might be). Then it would explain everything!

No, MSF is owned by FoxNet games. It is safe.

• Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    And someone pls find out if MSF is also owned by EA (i think it might be). Then it would explain everything!

"safe"
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

Fox, then it will be canceled :joy:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • commander_unknown01
    152 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Good to know that @Nikoms565 xd
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

Fox, then it will be canceled :joy:

Only once you've grown attached to it.
  • Options
    Really?! A third First Order in the Cantina Table?
    And I hate farming characters from the Cantina battles, and it's been painful to farm KRU knowing that the regular Kylo Ren is still on the waiting list. And now Executioner is in there too. That's almost half of the entire faction in the same location.
    Why don't you guys spread it out a little bit more? There are no First Order characters in the Arena Store. Executioner could end up being in there.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    @TheZebesian They won't update the Arena Store, at least not while any of us are still playing the game. The Arena store, they've decided, is a place for old players to get Shard Shop currency.
  • Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    @TheZebesian They won't update the Arena Store, at least not while any of us are still playing the game. The Arena store, they've decided, is a place for old players to get Shard Shop currency.

Don't forget you can also buy credits and gold ship ability mats there.
  • Options
    And I hate farming characters from the Cantina battles, and it's been painful to farm KRU knowing that the regular Kylo Ren is still on the waiting list. And now Executioner is in there too. That's almost half of the entire faction in the same location.
    Why don't you guys spread it out a little bit more? There are no First Order characters in the Arena Store. Executioner could end up being in there.

A week ago everyone was complaining about them not being available to farm, except for Crystals, now they are available for energy that you get for free... Every day!! @ea/cg..Thanks for finally making them available to f2p!!
  • Options

I gotta hand it to the devs, it takes a lot of effort to screw up this bad with new content. STR has basically been a disaster since release between nerfs, immunity to 90% of toon mechanics, and very very screwy balance for lower tiers.

As someone in a guild that wasn't ready for T7 it sounds to me like what they did was bring T7 in line with the lower tiers so all guilds now get to be equally miserable and will loath the raid equally.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

I can't believe you just complained about a new toon going to an 8-energy cantina node. Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    DistavioNi wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Did anyone actually read the notes?
    NOTE: With the flattening of raid rewards, top ranking players (particularly in the Heroic) may see lower drop rates of fully crafted gear pieces, and (for some ranks) lower aggregate numbers of direct gear salvage drops. This has been offset by several factors, including:
    Increase in quality of complete piece AND salvage drops
    Higher payout of Guild Event Tokens and Guild Currency
    We are closely monitoring the ability of the current Stores to effectively sink this currency on the gear and shards players need. In the coming weeks, we will be significantly expanding these stores to provide what players need the most, and with more convenience.
    Greater benefit for the overall guild - this will correspond quickly to your guild’s ability to complete raids faster / with less difficulty.

I know everyone will still moan and complain but maybe wait until you've done more than one raid to see the full effects, and also wait to see what the store changes are?

Hahahahaha, I'm being ridiculous now.

You are REPORTED!!!

@DistavioNi I would LOVE to know which option you picked when you reported me.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Great job guys love everything on here keep up the great work.
    img.jpg

mm hmm ok

Every post that's not outraged is made by someone with ~100 posts, draw your own conclusion.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    "Please note that Assault Battle Mythic tiers are intended to be the pinnacle of challenge in the Event system, and may be adjusted over time to ensure this experience remains such."

Not that I particularly care about this instance of it but this statement just sums up this game as a whole now.
    Change/nerf/update things after players have spent money to build up to something and now they have no need to spend.

Players build up to do something then.. ohh wait no we cant its been nerfed. Now we cant do it and have work again to get back up to being able to do it... and repeat.
  • Options
    Would kindly like cg to re-evaluate what the term grindable means... 1 hard battle is ridiculous.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    bigfoot wrote: »
    Would kindly like cg to re-evaluate what the term grindable means... 1 hard battle is ridiculous.

You'd prefer 10 shards a month like it was before?

And I don't know what you expected. A free 7* character in your inbox?