Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• Nugman
    20 posts Member
    Devs please provide some clarity on the mythic tier toon mechanics. The Phoenix squad is operating in ways that do not align with their kits. I understand that mythic is supposed to be hard, all the previous ones have been but as stated before, Phoenix toons are NOT functioning as they should. Ignoring taunt, removing tm, it’s impossble to strategize when they aren’t working as they should. Shore troopers taunt means nothing now because apparently everyone is like raid han or CLS.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Taramel wrote: »
    May I suggest running tarkin for those struggling..... pheonix with offense down going a dozen times just kill themselves from EP unique while they tickle you ... did it first try. Thrawn, ep, vader, shore and tarkin

Tried Tarkin but I don't know if you noticed they got massive healing when I applied debuff......

Yeah, only use that initially when they have full health, when the guy in the red has shock, or when kanan us dead. It's kanan's unique that restores health when a debuff is applied.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Sabine and Zeb ignored my taunt. wth
    https://youtu.be/cZSz2z-IH-A
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I just tried it twice, saw I don't get a move before I'm wiped out, and I'm all like "ok this isn't for me. Time to move on."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Zeke1 wrote: »
    Sabine and Zeb ignored my taunt. wth
    Explained above as an invisible taunt applied to your whole team at the start of the encounter.
    Invisible taunt gets removed after character is hit.
    If all characters are taunting then any of them can be targeted.
    Next attack can only target the 4 with taunt remaining, next attack can only target 3 etc.
    Effectively no character on your team should be hit twice in the opening round, unless AoE is used.
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    Zeke1 wrote: »
    Sabine and Zeb ignored my taunt. wth

Read through this thread. You'll find the answer. It is WAI
  • It took me 10 to 15 tries but RNG finally paid off. They described it as very difficult. I dont understand the outrage or surprise. I used zzthrawn, zzpalp, Vader, ztarkin, and DT. All g12 except DT who is 11.
  • I’ve given up. Nice job EA. Who does your testing?
  • I really enjoy death mark being dispelled
  • EVERYONE PLEASE GIVE THEM FEEDBACK IN THE BUG FIXES AREA OF THE OPTIONS MENU. Let’s see if they are “listening” as they say they are.
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Or possibly '**** this would be too easy if shoretroopers pretaunt couldn't be ignored '

Do you think shore would ever survive the opening salvo if everything was hitting just him? This ensures that each of your toons will get hit only once in the first round phoenix take.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It took me 10 to 15 tries but RNG finally paid off. They described it as very difficult. I dont understand the outrage or surprise. I used zzthrawn, zzpalp, Vader, ztarkin, and DT. All g12 except DT who is 11.

I think the outrage mostly stems from the event being so heavily RNG-based and from the weird mechanics added to it. Preloaded TM is lazy and adds no tactical depth and that secret taunt is just weird, especially when the second is (officially) meant as a remedy for a problem caused by the first.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    EVERYONE PLEASE GIVE THEM FEEDBACK IN THE BUG FIXES AREA OF THE OPTIONS MENU. Let’s see if they are “listening” as they say they are.
    OK, but precisely which "bug" are you referring to?
    The taunt ignore is not a bug.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    I really enjoy death mark being dispelled

Death mark has always been able to be dispelled.
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    I did the chá with Palpitine, Vader, Shoretropper and Tarkin, all about Palpitine shock not being reflected or resisted and survive the 2 waves of Phoenix at start. Kill Kanan first
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Kinda sad that so many assume its unbeatable, and rage out before asking others about strategy. It's definitely hard, but it's meant to be. 2 of the three tiers are easy for most established players. No big deal if some can't complete everything on the first try.

I used g12 Thrawn (Zeta unique, but none on his lead), g12 Palpatine (no Zeta unique), g11 Shoretrooper, g11 Stormtrooper, and g10 RG. Good mods on most. Three taunts kept Palpatine alive. Shore got dispelled every turn, so it reset his heal/taunt every turn. He healed constantly. Thrawn kept the tanks healthy. And EP unique did 80% of the damage passively. Ezra had red health by the first time I hit him. Took a couple of tries to get good RNG on a couple of Palpatine's AoE stuns, and it was all good. Hope that helps some. I've heard Tarkin might have been a good replacement for RG (his irresistible debuffs reduce the severity on the damage coming at you. Hope that helps someone.
  • BazeMalbus
    268 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Mythic tier 3. Running gear 12 with 2 post 12 pieces, Vader 1 post 12 piece, Palpatine gear 12 all 3 post 12 pieces, Tarkin gear 12 no post 12 pieces and TFP g11.

I get nowhere, can you tell me how I'm supposed to beat it?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Loved it, good challenge! :)
  • Anyone struggling
    After ten tries I finished it with
    Maxed thrawn
    G11 shore
    G11 palp
    Maxed Tarkin
    Maxed Vader

Nearly gave up as was so hard but as soon as I dropped out tie and put in Tarkin it seemed a lot easier
  • dunmer
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Finally got it with:
    G12 Thrawn 252
    G12 DT 212
    G12 Vader 180
    G12 Shore 187
    G11 EP 192

No zetas, no g12 gear. EP has the Furnace on g11. Mods are not arena tier, but Thrawn's are decent. Just reset a ton of times till they all survived initial barrage, swapped tm with EP for AoE stun. Got 3/6 of them stunned. Fractured Kanan when I got a chance and whittled them down. Lost Shore midway through. It reminded me of the capital ship 6* challenges, where good rng is very important.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    As much as I disagree with the proclamations of "Bug!!", can anyone explain their TMR & TM+ to me, please?
    I understand the taunt issue, but how does my team end up with the 200+ speed characters, including Zader, having less TM than a character with 176 speed, meanwhile 4/5 of the opposition have completely full TM again, but one has none?
    I'm aware of Ezra, Zeb & Kanan's TM+ abilities for themselves & Phoenix team mates, but how is it that my TM is being reduced to the point where slower characters get 1st turn?
  • I used Thrawn, EP, DT, Shoretrooper, Vader. I think the key is to keep EP alive. If EP dies before he could take any turn, abandon it.

T3 was very difficult, but I have more trouble clearing T1 than T3....
  • Uh....are you guys sure you are ok?I beat it with no problems first try with my arena team (except sith trooper which i replaced with tie pilot )

Yeah it was hard,they hit hard at first but after you get first Vader AOE and first couple of hits they start to go down.

Yeah I only got one star but I beat it with not much of a sweat.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    peruhead wrote: »
    I used Thrawn, EP, DT, Shoretrooper, Vader. I think the key is to keep EP alive. If EP dies before he could take any turn, abandon it.

T3 was very difficult, but I have more trouble clearing T1 than T3....
    Surprised to hear that! I literally breezed through T1 & T2. T3 I'm nowhere near atm.
  • I had two Phoenix squad members buffed with “backup” plan at the same time! Is that possible? I thought it only lasts for 3 turns, with a recast cool down of 5. It was down to Hera, Zeb and kanan... I had thrawn, palp and vader left....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Bawz wrote: »
    As much as I disagree with the proclamations of "Bug!!", can anyone explain their TMR & TM+ to me, please?
    I understand the taunt issue, but how does my team end up with the 200+ speed characters, including Zader, having less TM than a character with 176 speed, meanwhile 4/5 of the opposition have completely full TM again, but one has none?
    I'm aware of Ezra, Zeb & Kanan's TM+ abilities for themselves & Phoenix team mates, but how is it that my TM is being reduced to the point where slower characters get 1st turn?

I believe CG_Tophat explained (maybe on reddit) that the TM at the start of the event is there to ensure it's a challenge, this makes it to you start at a disadvantage without having to give the characters super speed to go first.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    To those struggling with Tier III: Use two taunters. I was able to beat it first try with g12 Thrawn (zeta unique, speed 257), g12 EP (no unique zeta, speed 206), g12 Vader (zeta unique, speed 192), g11 RG (speed 114), and g11 Stormtrooper (speed 161). Cheers!
  • Beat it with thrawn no zeta, EP, Vader, TFP and shore. Survive the initial onslaught, fracture kanaan and save him for last. I was getting wiped out prior to trying this combo