Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• I understand everyone’s frustration. It took me 20-30 attempts until I beat it. At one point I contemplated tossing my iPhone into the air and cracking it out a window with my iPad, but then I remembered I’m a grown up man (child), and if I missed out on a couple mods, I’d survive. That being said, there’s no point giving up ; )

Long story longer - it IS beatable, with some patience, luck, and a good squad. Good doesn’t mean you maxed out a credit card and cringe every time you look at your iTunes purchase history. That being said, I was fortunate enough to have a strong Empire squad because I’ve been investing in Empire for a long time because well, I like bad guys I guess. I blame my father. Please keep in mind, not every event will cater to your faction, so try not to get upset when an event isn’t geared towards yours (unless you run Separatists, in which case may God have mercy on your soul).

I tried all kinds of combos until I found success with zThrawn (G12), zEP (G12), Vader (G12), Death Trooper (G10), and Shore (G10). If you lose anyone during Wave 1, after getting pounded by the demon possessed Phoenix squad, just restart. Eventually, you’ll survive Lothal’s finest.

Use some TM manipulation to heal with Shore. If EP’s inital attack doesn’t stun, a restart’s probable. Vader’s culling blade is clutch. Save it for a fractured Sabine or Ezra (preferably Sabine). She should be your first target, if possible. Once you KO someone, Death Mark away. Eventually you should get to Hera. After I took her out, I downed Chopper, Kanan, and finally Zeb. Please keep in mind this took a crazy amount of attempts, and I can’t promise it will work the same for you, but patience goes a long way. Take a break when you’re flustered.

For what it’s worth, beating it was somewhat of an adrenaline rush towards the end. Not close to whatever the hell this Phoenix squad was on, but a rush nonetheless.

I am now done with this novel. Thank you for taking the time to read this meandering post.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    this is just false, stop spreadig false information.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.

do you by any chance have a better geared/modded/zeta'd resistance team than an empire team? From my point of view the events were pretty much the same.

What about what I said is false? I’ve seen tons of people on here say that they needed luck (ergo good RNG) to not lose key characters. Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded.

And of course my resistance team is better geared and equipped. They have more value in aspects of the game. But did FOST crit for 25-30k in the mythic event? Did FOO? Plasma? No, they had a massive attack salvo with chains that you could survive. Maaaaaybe you’d get really unlucky and lose Poe but if you implemented your exposes properly and stunned kylo you were in the clear.

Translation: I beat BB8 Mythic, but not the Thrawn Mythic.

What happens in Arena when you battle a team more powerful than yours? If the AI disarms the right character you have no chance of winning.

The same is applicable to this event. If you have EP's unique zeta'd he has a higher probability to survive the opening salvo. If your toons are G11, excellent mods, and get a little bit of luck then you might beat this event. If your team is G12 (with all gear pieces filled), great mods, and the right zetas, you won't need any luck. The event was accurately described.

"Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded."

No one has posted proof of this. Nor have you.

I get that I'm never going to change your opinion of this event. I just hope that the devs have heard the voices of those of us that really enjoyed this event and don't nerf it to appease.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I did beat it. The only tier I didn’t bother with was T1 because my Phoenix aren’t geared that high because of the need of so many cuffs and carbantis.
    But no I beat it after trying probably 50+ times each day to get lucky RNG where palp was able to survive. After that if my shocks or stuns stuck I was good to go because I could take out Sabine and Ezra. But it was heavily dependent on if my EP didn’t get destroyed by op Phoenix (as far as damage goes). So may want to work on your translation. You also may want to go through the thread and read people that have posted their teams, shown how good their empire squads are and still needed RNG to win. So please do some research before posting. At least Leef is making coherent arguments.

All you did was prove my point about how this event is designed. And my point that you haven’t posted your team you claim shouldn’t take 50attemts. I’ve seen the teams people are posting here and there is a huge difference between a char being G12 and a character having G12 gear. Guess you’re just too incoherent to follow.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Well problem is that you can have powerful characters, at G12 and well modded, but without luck you won’t get to implement your strategy based on the RNG, preloaded TM and OP damage from the Phoenix.
    The mythic for BB8 is the ideal scenario. It’s a challenge. You need to have a strong enough squad to outlast the initial salvo. Then implement proper strategy with exposes and debuffs to knockout the FO. That’s a challenge, fun, slightly RNG dependent, but meets what should be expected. For this one? Simply nerf the damage of the tanks and you’re good to go. That’s it.

do you by any chance have a better geared/modded/zeta'd resistance team than an empire team? From my point of view the events were pretty much the same.

What about what I said is false? I’ve seen tons of people on here say that they needed luck (ergo good RNG) to not lose key characters. Plenty of them have g12 toons that are well modded.

And of course my resistance team is better geared and equipped. They have more value in aspects of the game. But did FOST crit for 25-30k in the mythic event? Did FOO? Plasma? No, they had a massive attack salvo with chains that you could survive. Maaaaaybe you’d get really unlucky and lose Poe but if you implemented your exposes properly and stunned kylo you were in the clear.

What happens in Arena when you battle a team more powerful than yours? If the AI disarms the right character you have no chance of winning.

The same is applicable to this event. If you have EP's unique zeta'd he has a higher probability to survive the opening salvo. If your toons are G11, excellent mods, and get a little bit of luck then you might beat this event. If your team is G12 (with all gear pieces filled), great mods, and the right zetas, you won't need any luck. The event was accurately described.

I get that I'm never going to change your opinion of this event. I just hope that the devs have heard the voices of those of us that really enjoyed this event and don't nerf it to appease.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I did beat it. The only tier I didn’t bother with was T1 because my Phoenix aren’t geared that high because of the need of so many cuffs and carbantis.
    But no I beat it after trying probably 50+ times each day to get lucky RNG where palp was able to survive. After that if my shocks or stuns stuck I was good to go because I could take out Sabine and Ezra. But it was heavily dependent on if my EP didn’t get destroyed by op Phoenix (as far as damage goes). So may want to work on your translation. You also may want to go through the thread and read people that have posted their teams, shown how good their empire squads are and still needed RNG to win. So please do some research before posting. At least Leef is making coherent arguments.

All you did was prove my point about how this event is designed. And my point that you haven’t posted your team you claim shouldn’t take 50attemts. I’ve seen the teams people are posting here and there is a huge difference between a char being G12 and a character having G12 gear. Guess you’re just too incoherent to follow.

2 goes on 1st day, 3 on 2nd.

1 g12 character.

I don't know who this helps.
  • This event was ridiculous range dependent. First day I completed tier 3 with 2 stars on like the 3rd try. On the second day, I played for an hour and only my EP survived.

Also, didn't do tier 1 either day. I haven't touched Phoenix since I got Thrawn other then to take good mods off of them.
  • Lol, I just stopped after about 5 tries. No point getting upset.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »

Well since you want to toss around personal slams I’ll join the party. If you had any sort of reading comprehension you’d see I’ve posted multiple teams I’ve tried. I’ll do you a favor and post it again since you’re to thick headed to look on the thread for it.
    Thrawn (G12), Vader (G12), EP (G11), Shore (G10) and RG (G10). Both my tanks are heavily protection modded and built to take a beating. Thrawn is modded for arena play and Vader was until TW started. Palp is upper level modded. Not arena but still modded well.
    Did I post enough team composition? I used other variations of my squad too but found more success with that team. No I don’t have DT at 7* yet either. Wanna keep throwing around insults? Go ahead and PM me and we can talk more in private. Otherwise realize you made yourself look ridiculous trying to troll.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Well since you want to toss around personal slams I’ll join the party. If you had any sort of reading comprehension you’d see I’ve posted multiple teams I’ve tried. I’ll do you a favor and post it again since you’re to thick headed to look on the thread for it.
    Thrawn (G12), Vader (G12), EP (G11), Shore (G10) and RG (G10). Both my tanks are heavily protection modded and built to take a beating. Thrawn is modded for arena play and Vader was until TW started. Palp is upper level modded. Not arena but still modded well.
    Did I post enough team composition? I used other variations of my squad too but found more success with that team. No I don’t have DT at 7* yet either. Wanna keep throwing around insults? Go ahead and PM me and we can talk more in private. Otherwise realize you made yourself look ridiculous trying to troll.

You think this mythic should be easily beatable with G10 characters? I applaud the persistence in attempting it over 50 times.

Again, your post proves my point. An underpowered team needs RNG. An equal powered team does not. The event was appropriately tuned.
  • Heh..I tried Tier 3 a couple of times but my full G12 team just got totally annihilated both times. Just gave up. I'd just get kitten tenacity mods, anyway.

That was neither challenging nor fun. It was just kinda stupid.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Aeternas wrote: »
    Heh..I tried Tier 3 a couple of times but my full G12 team just got totally annihilated both times. Just gave up. I'd just get kitten tenacity mods, anyway.

That was neither challenging nor fun. It was just kinda ****.

How is it not challenging if you can't even beat it? Not fun i get, especially when you're not able to beat it, but not challenging just doesn't make any sence.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Weaselcult wrote: »
    Beat it with:

Thrawn g12
    Zzpalp g12
    Zzader g12
    Deathtrooper g11
    Shoretrooper g10

Took quite a few tries very rng dependent

Heh..I tried with that team, all g12 and got wasted. Seems like you were pretty lucky and had lots of time to retry. Congrats. :)
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »

You think this mythic should be easily beatable with G10 characters? I applaud the persistence in attempting it over 50 times.

Again, your post proves my point. An underpowered team needs RNG. An equal powered team does not. The event was appropriately tuned.

Not a single person thinks this was properly tuned besides you. And yes. When tanks are modded right and properly built to absorb damage, yes they are adequate
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    I beat it and bought all the refreshes for it cause apparently I'm a sadist and enjoyed torturing myself for terrible rewards.

I used Thrawn with all abilities maxed with zetas, all G12 pieces and 275 speed.

Vader with no unique zeta. G12 all pieces. 209 speed.

Palp with no zetas, one piece of G12 gear, 206 speed.

Shoretrooper, G12, no G12 pieces. 88k protection, 133 speed.

DT, G12, no zetas, no G12 pieces, 217 speed

I lost a handful of times and quit if EP died. The trick for me was to let Ezra pretty much kill himself by attacking so much, finish him off and then deathmark hopefully Hera if no one else was taunting.

I used thrawn's first move to give TM to shoretrooper to lay down his crit immunity.

It definitely is a total crap shoot with RNG even with G12 and god mods. Most of the time they just ignored shoretroopers taunt.
  • BTW, this was the Artist of War (aka Grand Admiral Thrawn) Mythic Event. Why would anyone expect that he would not be required as squad leader in order to complete the most difficult tier? It's Thrawn's special moment, of course he is going to lead. And he has a very good leader ability too, so use it.

"Extremely difficult" means that if you are having trouble beating it, your team is not ready so go make them better and come back later. You were facing ELITE model Phoenix characters. If there is anybody who does not already get this (and there seem to be some), these are turbo-charged heroes more powerful than the standard model, specifically tuned for the event. Much like the so-called boss level enemies we all faced in the LS/DS nodes and daily challenge thingies. Nobody should be surprised that they are leaner, meaner, faster, and furiouser than what you find in your own roster. That is what makes the mythic event a challenge.

No need to rage that you could not beat the event with your g10 or lower heroes, or even your g12 heroes. Either skip it or add gear or re-mod or try a different squad composition. Plenty have conquered the event, you will too when you get your house in order.

Thanks for listening.
  • BTW, this was the Artist of War (aka Grand Admiral Thrawn) Mythic Event. Why would anyone expect that he would not be required as squad leader in order to complete the most difficult tier? It's Thrawn's special moment, of course he is going to lead. And he has a very good leader ability too, so use it.

"Extremely difficult" means that if you are having trouble beating it, your team is not ready so go make them better and come back later. You were facing ELITE model Phoenix characters. If there is anybody who does not already get this (and there seem to be some), these are turbo-charged heroes more powerful than the standard model, specifically tuned for the event. Much like the so-called boss level enemies we all faced in the LS/DS nodes and daily challenge thingies. Nobody should be surprised that they are leaner, meaner, faster, and furiouser than what you find in your own roster. That is what makes the mythic event a challenge.

No need to rage that you could not beat the event with your g10 or lower heroes, or even your g12 heroes. Either skip it or add gear or re-mod or try a different squad composition. Plenty have conquered the event, you will too when you get your house in order.

Thanks for listening.

I like this guy
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    BTW, this was the Artist of War (aka Grand Admiral Thrawn) Mythic Event. Why would anyone expect that he would not be required as squad leader in order to complete the most difficult tier? It's Thrawn's special moment, of course he is going to lead. And he has a very good leader ability too, so use it.

Thanks for listening.

YES, BUT I COULD NOT DO IT WITH MY G8 GAR SAXON SO THIS MUST BE BROKEN, AND ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY HAVE COMPLETED IT IS A LIAR, FOR I STAND ALONE AT THE PINNACLE OF THIS GAME.
  • Tier 3 Mythic is supposed to be all about RNG apparently,
    I restarted about 200 times before i got a round where NOBODY hit my EP or thrawn or vader, and i was able to kill them with the EP unique (dmg per turn to the phoenix) to the point where everyone died to 2 aoe and I was able to 2* it with just a shoretrooper dead.
    Not impossible, but a huge PITA. its basically Dark Souls at this point
    ITS TIS A TRAP!
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    ITT: Bads being bad.

Do you guys do anything except complain?

Some content isn't made for everyone. Yeah, it's a mobile game, but there is bound to be challenges that some can't beat.

If you can't beat it, accept it and move on. Get better. Beat it the next time it comes around.

Just because YOU can't beat it, doesn't mean it's not fair. There's plenty of people that can, and they aren't "mega whales".

You "mostly f2p" people are some of the most entitled "I want it all because I spent $20 on a dark side starter pack 2 years ago" group I've ever seen.

Yes, it's difficult. Yes, it can be beat. No, you shouldn't make a post on the forums every time a challenge comes out that you can't beat in one try.

TL;DR: You haven't earned the ability to win yet.

Already 50 complain about the complainer posts in these 16 pages... was hoping yours would stand out...be mythic unlike the 40 complain about the complainers before you.... but nahh

we get it dude..people are whining for no reason...so are you. Dev's could care less what's posted ITT because it's obviously WAI they have more pressing things to fix besides something they know is working....

It's basically them whining, you whining about them whining, me whining about everyoe whineing and someone wiill now post about a whiner posting about people whining about whiners and so forth....

It's a horrible horribly slipplery slope of endless whining....DUCY ??

EDIT : Just saw this
    TL;DR: You haven't earned the ability to win yet

Air a little thin from some of those "high" horses ppl be ridin on :) They can't beat it they are venting...I can understand their frustration...but Freudians would says something about rubbing your boot in their faces :)

I'm pretty sure you'er misunderstanding what I mean by "you haven't earned the ability to win yet".

T3 is made for G12 toons with good/great mods. People are complaining that they can't beat it with a squad with 2 or 3 G10 toons in it.

You want to win? Earn it. Gear your toons. Swap mods. Try different strategies. Don't fail and then come crying to the forums because you're bad at the game or don't meet the requirements.

Every single time there's something challenging, people come here and cry about it instead of trying to improve. My Empire toons are extremely well geared/modded and I didn't beat it on my first try both days. I didn't come here and cry about it.

There will be 0 challenging things in game if people keep whining every time there's a challenge they can't beat instead of "earning" their wins. Look at what happened with GW. Everyone cried about it, it got nerfed to oblivion, and now you can SIM it.

All I'm saying is everyone needs to stop thinking they're entitled to rewards that other people have worked for when they clearly haven't. I don't feel sorry for a single one of them crying about not being able to beat T3 with G10-11 toons in their squads. At all.
  • Tier 3 Mythic is supposed to be all about RNG apparently,
    I restarted about 200 times before i got a round where NOBODY hit my EP or thrawn or vader, and i was able to kill them with the EP unique (dmg per turn to the phoenix) to the point where everyone died to 2 aoe and I was able to 2* it with just a shoretrooper dead.
    Not impossible, but a huge PITA. its basically Dark Souls at this point

Corgi-puppy-charge-you-died.gif

Thanks for listening.

I would like to see the list of plenty of these users (which only you seem to know about) who have completed this event. Don't yap ****

This is one of the toughest events in the game right now. I respect the decision that the devs have made to have such high requirements that lvl 85 g12 users are also not able to finish this. I'll finish it someday I hope
  • UoJCAM
    213 posts Member
    Mythic Tier 3 was very hard. That said, I beat it with Thrawn (Zeta on Ebb and Flow), zPalp, xzVader, Shoretrooper, DT on the first try. All are G12 and all but Palp have 3 Pieces of G12 Gear. I only got 2* and feel I was lucky to do that. The next day I tried and didn't get a turn before 3 toons were dead. Nothing should be that RNG dependent. The rewards were uninspiring, but it didn't cost me anything to play and I didn't beat my head against the wall trying a billion times. Overall I find the Mythic events poorly designed and too dependent on luck, but if I don't beat it, I move on.
  • Sthenos wrote: »
    BTW, this was the Artist of War (aka Grand Admiral Thrawn) Mythic Event. Why would anyone expect that he would not be required as squad leader in order to complete the most difficult tier? It's Thrawn's special moment, of course he is going to lead. And he has a very good leader ability too, so use it.

Thanks for listening.

I would like to see the list of plenty of these users (which only you seem to know about) who have completed this event. Don't yap ****

This is one of the toughest events in the game right now. I respect the decision that the devs have made to have such high requirements that lvl 85 g12 users are also not able to finish this. I'll finish it someday I hope

153FMoX.gif