Post here if you like current Ships and don't wan't Ship 2.0

Prev13456789
Altazar
49 posts Member
edited April 2018
I'm playing ships roughly a year. I know they are quite annoying at beginning, but later they become really good. Usually, my battles lasts not more than 2minues and very dynamic. And of course I've invested alot time to my ships and that can be ruined.

I don't like the idea of 3v3 in general. I will try to play it, but if it's fail, then....... Probably that's for the best.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    How many times have you quit and restarted World of Warcarft because there have been far more horrific changes to that game than the ship revamp?!
  • Options
    I agree. With the exception of the ships table... they just need to leave things alone.
  • Options
    I don't mind the changes.... And I am always top 25 fleet arena.... My only concern is time....

This game already takes lots of it....
  • Options
    I’m concerned that 3v3 will lead to an even more copycat meta and will make battles so fast that Capital Ships will be redundant. Most will now have to use the first turn to bring in a reinforcement.
    I fight the good fight
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I finish in the top 6 of ships daily (blame discord). I have all 85 level, 7* ships and most pilots that I use G12. I like that ships is the best place for F2P to be competative, as it only requires smart farming and the willingness to gear pilots (I'm looking at you FOTP and pre-buff Vader). I welcome something other than a coin-flip determining wins in the top end of ship arena, even if it means leaving my comfort zone. At least there aren't ship mods with P2W speed secondaries (why I gave up on ever staying in top 10 of toon arena, being in a Dec 2015 shard with whales who have been farming 360 additional cantina energy worth of speed secondaries since mods hit, I can't hope to compete with fully flushed out teams with 20+ speed secondaries).
  • Options
    Dreislao wrote: »
    I’m concerned that 3v3 will lead to an even more copycat meta and will make battles so fast that Capital Ships will be redundant. Most will now have to use the first turn to bring in a reinforcement.

This. Someone/some people will figure out the best starting 3+next 2 reinforcements, and it will be the same as we have now.. plus with them changing hardware abilities to the reinforcement bonuses, still be the same thing
  • Options
    Cant wait for 2.0, the current version of ships is horrible & boring.
  • Options
    I hate the idea of reworking ships because we are still going to need gear to boost their stats. We've spent a considerable amount of resources to gear our pilots and to risk losing all that progress is scary. Imagine if you have to gear your Geonosians to 12...
  • Options
    It's not 3v3. It starts out as 3v3, with revamped or changed abilities (not all ships, not all abilities), and the reinforcements will have new abilities just for coming into the battle, so it will wind up being 5v5 by the time the battle gets going. But with the changes in abilities (probably about half, plus all get a reinforcement ability), there will be a new dynamic as you have to decide who to use as a reinforcement and WHY you would use them at that time and not the other ship. It will be a totally different way of playing ships, but it will still be 5v5 after a few rounds.
  • Options
    And no, my posting here doesn't count as liking the old way of ships. I want a change, keeps it fresh
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    When I saw AhnaldT101s video on it I hated it. Ships has a lot of problems, but 5v5 isn’t one of them. 3v3 is going too far with these changes. Instead of reworking the whole game formula, how about you make all the worthless ones good? There are only like 10 good ships and 2 good capital ships. Just rework the terrible ships (all the other ones) and be done with it. 3v3 is fine in TW, but not in arena. It’s just dumb. Can you guys just leave well enough alone? I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish here, but ships doesn’t need this. No one asked for it, but I gues we’re getting it. Just know, that this is the dumbest thing added to this game. “Ever. Of all time.” -Agent Washington
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Knowing their modus, they're going to make the current least used ships useful and force you to G12+3 those pilots and kitten over those of us who've already G12+3 the current meta. (TIEs Bistan)

And of course sell those brand new shiny reinforcement/hardware materials in a premium pack.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Despite a shocking RNG day I usually finish top 10 daily.

Seems to me from first impressions they've missed the issue. It's not 5v5 but the lack of options.

With a bounty hunter rework, add Dengar's ship, Cad's and Zam's. Month later, go bold and add General Kenobi's, Anakin's and another jedi's ship. 2 months and 6 new options.

Feel this makes it less skill and more RNG based. You can bring on God's ship but TFP could no doubt dodge it :wink:

I enjoy fleet more than arena. If this sinks to arena level, I'll play on like a mindless drone.

I guess we'll soon see...
  • Options
    I am willing to give it a try. The way ships are now is terrible. I like the 5v5 but the rng is fricking terrible. Seems to be getting worse too.
  • Options
    Unless the rework really improves the other three capital ships and adds more ships for variety, it will end up being the same coin flip just quicker. We already do 3v3 fights for TB so this is not revolutionary. The clock does not make a difference either, most fights are complete in less than 2:30 min. If I have to call a second reinforcement, then I am probably going to lose. I don’t see much actually changing after a few months to adapt and gear up the new power houses.
    Since my Plo Koon is the worse of the picks, I expect he will be the new OP along with Guantlet since many have not even farmed the crew.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm interested in it, maybe some different ships will have more use
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    When I saw AhnaldT101s video on it I hated it. Ships has a lot of problems, but 5v5 isn’t one of them. 3v3 is going too far with these changes. Instead of reworking the whole game formula, how about you make all the worthless ones good? There are only like 10 good ships and 2 good capital ships. Just rework the terrible ships (all the other ones) and be done with it. 3v3 is fine in TW, but not in arena. It’s just dumb. Can you guys just leave well enough alone? I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish here, but ships doesn’t need this. No one asked for it, but I gues we’re getting it. Just know, that this is the dumbest thing added to this game. “Ever. Of all time.” -Agent Washington

Before I get a bunch of flak for my opinion, let me elaborate. I’ve never gotten bored of ships. I’ve always thought it was entertaining and cool as it was. I’ll admit, it got a bit stagnant with the same few ships dominating, but I have never been opposed to new playable characters and ships, as long as they aren’t rediculusly over powered. I have also never been opposed to bugging weak toons, which they are also doing. But I am not OK with this new 3v3
    Dreislao wrote: »

This guy said it better than I ever could. Read it and weep.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Current ships suck. You need Tarkin and 9 ships and that's it. The only reason to farm ships outside FOTP, Biggs, Wedge, TFP, Vader, Maul, 5s and your two favorite others is to get Thrawn, then you're literally done. I would love to see a side-by-side comparison of the rosters of the folks who are mad about this change and the folks who are looking forward to it. I practically guarantee the folks who want this change are the ones who have invested time and effort and resources into a variety of characters and ships that are just sitting around being useless.

I loved ships when they were introduced. They gave me incentive to farm and gear characters that I had ignored because they'd become obsolete--all of a sudden Jedi Consular and Mace WIndu were good again. Well, for a couple months, anyway, then the meta set in and it became stale once more. I have more fun doing the PvE fleet battles in Territory Battles than Fleet Arena.

I still want to hear specifics before I make a judgement, but I'm looking forward to the change based off what I know so far.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I've been reasonably pleased with ships except for the fact that there is really only one viable team. All I expected was to see some new ships added, and maybe a few mild reworks of lesser used ships, and the PvE table added. That's all I wanted as well. I'm not going to hate on the rework until I see it though. Just seems like a lot.
  • Options
    I'm all for change - but I have a feeling the Reinforcement mats are just going to be another $$$ leak for top players and, essentially, means nothing new for the guppies or f2p guys.

Everything (except simming GW) that CG has done this year has been pretty [redacted] - sorry. I'm not confident.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    They need to make more ships easier to farm. I just can't get into a game mode where almost everything is locked behind rng in the fleet store or a single hard node.

Until they do that, it doesn't matter what they do with ships as far as I'm concerned
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Don't like, besides they will nerf some of the best ships we like most and make us farm and gear other less used ships and their pilots even they are not worthy of the gear
  • Options
    Ships is stagnant.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They need to make more ships easier to farm. I just can't get into a game mode where almost everything is locked behind rng in the fleet store or a single hard node.

Until they do that, it doesn't matter what they do with ships as far as I'm concerned

in a way this may help a little for people with less ships, and maybe even early players.

they seem to be saying this will take affect across all ship content, this would imply that it could affect ship challenges.

the few battles they have shown end pretty quick so the 5 ships may be all that gets used most battles anyway.
  • Options
    PVP has always been changing in this game; we often saw it in Arena. After every rework (or most), a new meta would rise, complaints would flood in, but we'd keep moving on. Nightsisters were probably the biggest shock since they could take on practically any team when they were released
    I am quite excited for the changes coming, it will make Fleet Arena a lot more interesting. All my Fleet battles currently depend on whose TIE dodges first to make up for the lost TM because of TIE Reaper.
    I am all in for the upcoming Ship changes! And who knows, we might be able to farm certain characters in the new PVE table :smile:
  • DoOrDoNot
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Mostly with any changes, people scare of change are people who are comfortable with status quo.

In this case, mostly who are afraid of new ship changes are top ship players with collusion on payout time.

It's still early to tell. Let's not jump to conclusions and don't let Devs think community complain whatever they do.
  • Options
    Instead of changes change rewards!instead of 4 make an even 5!
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Current ships suck. You need Tarkin and 9 ships and that's it. The only reason to farm ships outside FOTP, Biggs, Wedge, TFP, Vader, Maul, 5s and your two favorite others is to get Thrawn, then you're literally done. I would love to see a side-by-side comparison of the rosters of the folks who are mad about this change and the folks who are looking forward to it. I practically guarantee the folks who want this change are the ones who have invested time and effort and resources into a variety of characters and ships that are just sitting around being useless.

I loved ships when they were introduced. They gave me incentive to farm and gear characters that I had ignored because they'd become obsolete--all of a sudden Jedi Consular and Mace WIndu were good again. Well, for a couple months, anyway, then the meta set in and it became stale once more. I have more fun doing the PvE fleet battles in Territory Battles than Fleet Arena.

I still want to hear specifics before I make a judgement, but I'm looking forward to the change based off what I know so far.

U mean cause u failed to predict the meta and invested in the wrong pilots. But unless you havent realised, Mace is still good in TW on offense against those tarkins and JC fits in there perfectly. The thing is 3v3 will make the meta even more narrow, and i'm betting we will definitely see maul as first reinforcement still after the change.
  • Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    Mostly with any changes, people scare of change are people who are comfortable with status quo.

In this case, mostly who are afraid of new ship changes are top ship players with collusion on payout time.

It's still early to tell. Let's not jump to conclusions and don't let Devs think community complain whatever they do.

Of course we would be annoyed. It will basically give us more work to do for a period of time for essentially the same result
This discussion has been closed.