Content Update [HF] 5/1/2018 (Mega)

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Late to the party here but what happened to double drops???? These specials are total garbage. What are bonus drops anyway?
    So you're hating on them even without knowing what they are?

Bonus drops means you can get shards for these characters from any node. So if you're farming Veers or Lobot or some gear etc, (chances?) are you can also get Holdo shards at the same time.

Yes. I don't need to know the specifics of bonus drops for 6 toons to know that they are not as rewarding as double drops for any toon of your choosing. Not to mention double drops for cantina and GW. Hopefully, there is more to come?

Thanks for the clarification though.
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single shard or currency. I've done about 20 hard mode battles and about 40 cantina battles... PER DAY.

Because it hasn't started yet.

it HAS started in australia. 450 energy for 5 shards and 400 cantina energy for 150-200 raid currency WOOHOO. lame lame LAME they should have just done the double drops that were wanted.......

Don't you know? They nerf the droprate whenever they do double drops, in most cases you get even less shards than you would normally. That's how they get you to waste money/crystals on refreshes !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single shard or currency. I've done about 20 hard mode battles and about 40 cantina battles... PER DAY.

it HAS started in australia. 450 energy for 5 shards and 400 cantina energy for 150-200 raid currency WOOHOO. lame lame LAME they should have just done the double drops that were wanted.......

Don't you know? They nerf the droprate whenever they do double drops, in most cases you get even less shards than you would normally. That's how they get you to waste money/crystals on refreshes !

****, sounds like a conspiracy theory
  • Areceni
    42 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Sorry to all the fanboys out there who have nothing better to do than defend terrible decisions made by CG, but this May 4th "Celebration" is terrible. If you aren't going to give us something that will actually give all of your players something to celebrate, why bother? And please don't try and tell me that Bosk or bonus crystals is something to celebrate. It's not a gift if I have to pay for it, and a 3* Bosk is not something that I can use. That's like me saying "Happy [insert special occasion here]! Here's your gift, it's my paypal so you can give me $100! Aren't I so generous?" Even for a game and a company infamous for terrible business practices and overreaching micro-transactions, this is disappointing. And I don't expect much from EA in the first place. I understand that they are not legally required to do anything at all, but if they are going to do something, it should be better than this. I couldn't care less about the bonus drops, mostly because I already have most of those toons 7*, but also because it will have little to no impact on people who do need those shards. Unless of course, you are going to spend a bunch of money to get extra refreshes, you will end up with a couple of shards for each toon you need, but not enough to really make an impact. It's less a gift, and more a way to manipulate you into more micro-transactions. Whereas previous "celebrations" (like the previously mentioned anniversary) gave us bonuses that we were able to chose how to best help our progress, and gave more than a token nod to ftp and elder players, this is just a huge letdown. And just to add insult to injury, the new Rebel Assault Battle that launches May 4th will only reward ftp shards and blueprints (no gear, no mods) and almost exclusively easy to farm toons and ships as well. Compare this to say the Ewok Assault battle that we just had, that rewards stun guns, stun cuffs, a mod for every completion, etc. I'll say this though, EA/CG never fail to come up with new and innovative ways to disappoint their player base smh.
  • Areceni
    42 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Also, please stop with dumb conspiracy theories like this. Nonsense like this is part of the reason that people don't listen to legitimate complaints. No, that one time you didn't get anything from a node with double drops is not definitive proof that CG nerfs droprates, please take a statistics class and educate yourself.
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Deleted
  • Options

That is 100% not even remotely true. I've blown through farms every time they do double drops.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

That is 100% not even remotely true. I've blown through farms every time they do double drops.

I think your sarcasm meter is broked.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

How much raid currency and bonus shards did you get for doing the same farms last week?

TL;DR - it's free stuff. Stop whining.

I swear, I think if I handed some of the people on these forums a $5 bill they'd complain about the fact that paper weighs so much and now they have to fold it up and carry it around until they were ready to spend it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

How much raid currency and bonus shards did you get for doing the same farms last week?

I swear, I think if I handed some of the people on these forums a $5 bill they'd complain about the fact that paper weighs so much and now they have to fold it up and carry it around until they were ready to spend it.

Yes it's sounds really good for me , mostly for the raid currency , 150 tokens for 400 cantina , great ;)
  • Options

leef knows that, it was a joke
  • Areceni
    42 posts Member
    Options

Well, if you made over a million dollars a day off of us, then told us you were having a "Celebration" to thank us for being loyal spenders, then gave us less than $5 in value (especially when previous thank yous have been much better) yes we would complain that you were being cheap. Especially if the ~$5 you gave us cost you $0.00.
  • Ultra
    11597 posts Moderator
    Options
    Late to the party here but what happened to double drops???? These specials are total garbage. What are bonus drops anyway?

Bonus drops means you can get shards for these characters from any node. So if you're farming Veers or Lobot or some gear etc, (chances?) are you can also get Holdo shards at the same time.

Yes. I don't need to know the specifics of bonus drops for 6 toons to know that they are not as rewarding as double drops for any toon of your choosing. Not to mention double drops for cantina and GW. Hopefully, there is more to come?

Yes, I agree that double drops are more rewarding. No question. Since the bonus drops aren't beneficial to me outside of Holdo shards (The rest I have 7*) but that is a very selfish outlook on what CG is doing here

AND

I will not bite the hand that feeds me. I'm getting GET which I wasn't getting any other day. They are not obligated to do double drops on the 4th. Its our expectations that are betraying us. On the positive side, this might be an experimentation by CG and who knows? They might decide to continue or bring back GET for good in the future (Maybe when they release more LS/DS battles if we get any?)
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options

Yes, I agree that double drops are more rewarding. No question. Since the bonus drops aren't beneficial to me outside of Holdo shards (The rest I have 7*) but that is a very selfish outlook on what CG is doing here

AND

I will not bite the hand that feeds me. I'm getting GET which I wasn't getting any other day. They are not obligated to do double drops on the 4th. Its our expectations that are betraying us. On the positive side, this might be an experimentation by CG and who knows? They might decide to continue or bring back GET for good in the future (Maybe when they release more LS/DS battles if we get any?)

They are not obligated to do anything, for sure. But everything Star Wars gets in on this holiday that many here like to point out was made up by the fans. Made up or not, Disney is all in. Sales and deals and promotions abound. As such, of course we expect something here, but more and more we must expect less and less.

Free stuff, sure, but free junk. It would take 1440 energy to get a single 5 shard purchase from the GET in cantina. And a total of 10 extra shards from hard node farming is nothing to write home about. All in all, a very weak showing.
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Options

AND

Actually we feed THEM. They need us or they would be looking for a new job. We aren't obliged to pay or even pay and they need us to do that (they even need f2p!). That's the only reason they listen to us at all. CG is not a charity, and we aren't paupers that should be happy for their scraps. We're clients and we can complain all we want, and yes we're entilted to that.

Have you ever heard of someone getting something better without fighting for it? It's the nature of the world. There's a tango that says "El que no llora no mama" something like "He who does not cry does not breastfeed".
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    Options
    So who can tell me how much guild tokens per cantina SIM? Does it matter if it's an 8 or more energy SIM? I'm probably gonna be farming first order executioner.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

AND

Free stuff, sure, but free junk. It would take 1440 energy to get a single 5 shard purchase from the GET in cantina. And a total of 10 extra shards from hard node farming is nothing to write home about. All in all, a very weak showing.

GET isn't junk. And you are getting it for stuff you were going to farm anyway. I don't get what's so difficult to understand. On top of all of that, Carrie hinted that there might be other little surprises as well.

Some of you are saltier than the bottom of a bag pretzels...over free stuff.

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    So who can tell me how much guild tokens per cantina SIM? Does it matter if it's an 8 or more energy SIM? I'm probably gonna be farming first order executioner.

It looks like 25 GET per sim - but only a % chance of it dropping per each sim. It doesn't look like the sim energy level impacts the quantity, so an 8 energy toon like FOX would be better than a 16 energy, unless the drop rates were commensurately adjusted.
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

It looks like 25 GET per sim - but only a % chance of it dropping per each sim. It doesn't look like the sim energy level impacts the quantity, so an 8 energy toon like FOX would be better than a 16 energy, unless the drop rates were commensurately adjusted.

Thanks man.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

This is great news. Ty
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

AND

GET isn't junk. And you are getting it for stuff you were going to farm anyway. I don't get what's so difficult to understand. On top of all of that, Carrie hinted that there might be other little surprises as well.

Some of you are saltier than the bottom of a bag pretzels...over free stuff.

No, but the *amount* of GET is low enough to hardly matter. A normal player doing 1x100 every day is going to get about 1200 GET over the run of the "event". That's not enough to buy even 5 Yoda or Wampa shards.

I think being less than thrilled about getting junk isn't worse than thinking CG is suddenly a hero for giving us crumbs.
  • Options
    Dude, if I get an extra 1200 GEC tokens tomorrow you won't hear me complaining one bit. Ok, well, you won't hear me complaining either way.

Keep in mind that just because something doesn't cater to you it does not mean that it does not cater to the majority of players.

Would I have liked double drops? Of course I would have. Am I upset about not getting double drops? No.

Let's wait and see what tomorrow actually brings us before we start crushing CG, shall we?
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Dude, if I get an extra 1200 GEC tokens tomorrow you won't hear me complaining one bit. Ok, well, you won't hear me complaining either way.

Keep in mind that just because something doesn't cater to you it does not mean that it does not cater to the majority of players.

Would I have liked double drops? Of course I would have. Am I upset about not getting double drops? No.

Let's wait and see what tomorrow actually brings us before we start crushing CG, shall we?

You won't get 1200 GET tokens tomorrow, unless you do 11 refreshes tomorrow. The 1200 I came up with is for the entirety of the run, from 5/4 through 5/8.

It's fine if they don't cater to me, I just don't get why we have to praise every little thing they do, especially when past celebrations have been way better. And I am not "crushing" CG. I'm still here, still love the game, I just think that this "celebration" is garbage, and I backed it up with data.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

And that it’s not $6.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Zagrey
    54 posts Member
    Options
    droprates are so bad, not even worth spending extra crystals for energy. 450cantina points gave me 225 guild currency. and 32 sims of hard nodes - 6 extra shards