Content Update [HF] 5/1/2018 (Mega)

Replies

• Options
    Taerdin wrote: »
    May 4th is basically Christmas for Star Wars.

This is the first I've heard of this concept. May 25th is the anniversary of the movie. May the fourth is a **** joke someone made up, that companies use to sell products. I would never call it Christmas for Star Wars, but maybe I'm missing something?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Day

TL;DR: May 4th was created by fans and adopted by LucasFilm as Star Wars day, and has been celebrated by Star Wars fans every year on May 4th since 2011 as the annual holiday of Star Wars.
  • Options
    Although anything free is cool, It is a pretty meager gift. With 2 refreshes you might hit a 20 energy hard node like maybe 20 times, with a 1 in 3 chance at getting an extra. Add cantina and bad math, and you might double that if you're really lucky, for a grand total of 13 free shards for toons you might already have maxed anyway. I'm not impressed.
  • Erebus2017
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Depressing... so much hate for free stuff.

• RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    cfodder wrote: »
    so why isn't the note that came out this morning in game more clear? it makes it sound like re drop already started. several guild mates dropped crystals on refresh because if it
    This is my only complaint. I burned up my energy due to their first grade sentence structure. Didn't get anything so I came here to see what was going on. :|
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Scabmaggot wrote: »
    #outoftouchwhatmaythe4thisabout
    May 4th is a day a marketing exec targeted because it sounds like "May the fourth" to a segment of the world, not realizing that to a larger, broader segment it sounds like "Fourth May" because most people don't use the American Month Day Year format. It's about selling merch. It's like tax day, except instead of getting road repairs and welfare for the neediest among us, we each get a shirt or hunk of mass-produced plastic.

I love Star Wars and I love the deeper meanings and themes it represents, but let's not lose focus here and pretend there's any greater meaning to "May 4th" than a franchise cashing in. Hell, if anything, CG is "out of touch with what May 4 is about" because they're giving us free stuff instead of charging us for it...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Seems this has annihilated (ba dum tish) all drop rates. 200 cantina energy, and one Hera shard.

Naff all on the hard nodes either.

I see chance in greedy mobile game land still means 0.0000000000001% as always.

DISCLAIMER: I'm dumping some salt over crsytal loss vs gain from said crystals.
    Look at me. Now look at your calendar. Now look at me. Now look at the part where it says they're celebrating May 4th. Now look at your calendar.

I T H A S N ' T S T A R T E D Y E T.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I T H A S N ' T S T A R T E D Y E T.

You forgot the hashtag. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Very important to pay attention to the start dates. I see the crystals did hit prematurely.... that would be a bonus for crystals purchasers. Any additional free stuff is always welcome in my book.
    Just saying, there is something in the promotion for everyone.
  • Anakin1125
    212 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    They should have given bonus shards from all the stores. For example when you bought something from shipments or gw store it gave you a (Chance) to drop characters or bonus gear. That would have really got the dollars rolling in. Think of all those crystal pack sales and refreshes.
  • Options
    How about packs and bundles? Nihilus would be nice ;D
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    May 4th is a day a marketing exec targeted because it sounds like "May the fourth" to a segment of the world, not realizing that to a larger, broader segment it sounds like "Fourth May" because most people don't use the American Month Day Year format. It's about selling merch. It's like tax day, except instead of getting road repairs and welfare for the neediest among us, we each get a shirt or hunk of mass-produced plastic.

I love Star Wars and I love the deeper meanings and themes it represents, but let's not lose focus here and pretend there's any greater meaning to "May 4th" than a franchise cashing in. Hell, if anything, CG is "out of touch with what May 4 is about" because they're giving us free stuff instead of charging us for it...

Not to mention a large amount of people call it "cuatro de mayo" or 五月四日

But it doesn't really matter. Lucasarts declared it to be Star Wars day, so that's what it is.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes!
    There will be a hotfix today, 5/1/2018. You can check out what’s being addressed below:

MAY THE 4TH EVENTS
    Han Solo Shard Giveaway
    To kick off our May 4th festivities, we are giving out a one-time, additional 10 Han Solo shards to everyone who logs in between May 4th and May 11th.
    Come back each day this month to collect more Han Solo shards through the Daily Login Bonus.

Bonus Drops
    In celebration of May the 4th, we're activating "Bonus Drops"!
    All Light Side Hard Nodes will have a chance to drop shards of one of the following characters:
    • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)
    • Chirrut Îmwe
    • Amilyn Holdo
    All Dark Side Hard Nodes will have a chance to drop shards of one of the following characters:
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Director Krennic
    • Gar Saxon
    All Cantina Battle Nodes will have a chance to drop Guild Event Tokens!

Event begins: May 4th
    Event ends: May 8th

25% Crystal Promotion
    The Crystal Event returns for our May 4th celebrations. For a limited time, you can get 25% more Crystals on select crystal packs in the store. Limited one time purchase.
    Event begins: May 4th
    Event ends:May 10th

ABILITY MATERIALS MEGA-PACK REHEAT
    The Ability Materials Mega-Pack is back in the store for a VERY limited time! This pack will grant at least 9 Omega and 20 MkIII Ability Materials - and may grant up to 25 Omegas & 50 MkIIIs! Limit 1 purchase per day.
    Event begins: May 3rd
    Event ends: May 6th

FIXES
    • Boba Fett’s “Death From Above” ability text has been edited for better clarification.

Perfect. Thank you.

Going to have to figure out how to maximize my dark side pulls.... mainly in node 9 light side farming now.

But that's for me to figure out.... thanks for the mk3 pack return
  • Ravenlock
    19 posts Member
    Options
    The announced May the Fourth rewards are not free with the exception of the one time 10 shards of Raid Han. All the other announced rewards are tied directly to purchases, Crystals and Ability mats or indirectly to purchases of Hard Node attempts. I have no problem with what’s been announced and am looking forward to the additional surprises hinted at by Carrie, but they are not free give aways.
  • Options
    i wonder if for may 4th if they will give away 20 zetas and mklll like that one time cuz that was amazing and would be an amazing addition to the game as a may the 4th be with you type of a thing
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    Clay_D0h wrote: »
    i wonder if for may 4th if they will give away 20 zetas and mklll like that one time cuz that was amazing and would be an amazing addition to the game as a may the 4th be with you type of a thing

That was for the two year anniversary. I would love for them to do that, but I’m not going to expect it
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Just got a client restart. Another hotfix?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Most likely something big coming on the 4th and this is preparation for that.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Yup. I just got an update in the App Store as well. Though the notes aren’t showing anything... ships 2.0 and/or new chat maybe?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Yup. I just got an update in the App Store as well. Though the notes aren’t showing anything... ships 2.0 and/or new chat maybe?

I expect the ships, based on having all three capital ship events in a row just before that. Of course, it's no hard evidence.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    only care about the omegas pack.. dont need anything else

This. Need those purple mk3 like crazy
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    And every player who has raid han for years or months now?

You don't like the shard shop?

10 shards for the shop? Really? What do you get with that?
    The only thing long time players are getting for free is a 3* bossk
    They should change the name to may CG not care about what the people that played the game from the start and got the word out to other people to play so we have jobs money grab celebration

You mean the Bossk (and his contract) that are sure looking useful for that Sith raid? The raid which was designed for late game players, and tuned to their abilities and rosters? those same players who will get gear 12 pieces 5 & 6 first as rewards for Heroic STR?

That Bossk is looking pretty good, frankly.

Also, our guild has a couple of long-term players, but most members don’t have raid Han yet. Fellow guildies getting toons to help more in heroic raids and TB/TW doesn’t seem like a bad deal for our longer term players. Their rewards will improve, too, as newer players can hit harder.

May The Fourth is about Star Wars, which has a lot people working hard together for mutual benefit. Seems like they’re right on target for what the day is about.

At 3* I can't use it on any raid. The whales will be happy but they already outscore the rest of us using zombie and talzin on p4 instead of the OG sisters.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    RIP, Rancor Raid

You are joking right? Still going to be a great source of currency, excess shards and desirable gear like carbs, cuffs and guns

I know right, who needs those things
  • Options
    Yup big disappointment as the only one I've not 7* is Holdo. There's 4 others I'm still farming in hard's though (the newest releases), plus 2 in Cantina. Double drops for those would've been great(: Hrmph Han is 7* too, can I get Kenobi instead, that I doubt I'll ever get a shard of in my lifetime....
  • Options
    Im a day 1 player and am lucky that alot of these character i have not finished but this will help me finish as all are 20 shards or less away from 7* love reading these forums where 99% whine cuz they didnt get what they wanted. But they dont say thanks for things like 8 hard node trys daily now which helped you get those chatacters faster... do i need han shards no but the new players do. They tryed to give a little bit to each part of the player base IMO and it dont start for 2 more days maybe there will be more ppl are forgetting bout complainning bout the fact the we are getting bossk on may 4th also oh wait thats something u want i forgot
  • Options
    Of course bossk is new and only whales will have 7* but its still something new and free for all on may 4th.im f2p so anythimg free is good
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Yup big disappointment as the only one I've not 7* is Holdo. There's 4 others I'm still farming in hard's though (the newest releases), plus 2 in Cantina. Double drops for those would've been great(: Hrmph Han is 7* too, can I get Kenobi instead, that I doubt I'll ever get a shard of in my lifetime....

Sounds like you have a pretty solid roster. Is your guild super low GP? One player with the right roster can kill the HAAT completely solo. That could be you!
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Aldaron wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    And every player who has raid han for years or months now?

You don't like the shard shop?

10 shards for the shop? Really? What do you get with that?

150 shard shop currency. It adds up and you buy stuff with it. Give it a shot sometime. :)

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Leviathan was there an update on the app store earlier today? It's showing a 107.2 MB Version 0.11.2 update today.
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I am a newer player and I am very grateful
    THANKS CG!!!
  • Options
    I have purchased these bonus packs that claim 10 to 330 characher shards but I never get anything except 10. Is this because the random number generator favors the SWGOH designers to make money?