Can anyone beat this?

Replies

• PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Mythic are supposed to be hard and as such will not be completed by everyone, especially if they are unwilling to make the commitment to "invest" in the team to be able to complete.

This.

Except only a mad man sees value in spending 18 zetas to gain 2 omegas per month, probably less. Like I said, I won't be doing this event any time soon. Possibly never and I'm still not even upset because the rewards aren't worth it.

The whole point of getting 2 zetas is to be on a 2 zeta surplus, not to be 18 minus, so those zetas might as well not exist

Where are you getting the 18 zeta number? I don’t think jedi have that many zetas if you counted every single one?

Regardless I agree that it isn’t worth investing in a Jedi team just for this event, but if you are investing in them because you like them or for some other reason then this gives some extra sweetness for that investment.

I meant the materials, if I spend 20 zetas to get 2 it leaves me with -18
  • Options
    Mythic are supposed to be hard and as such will not be completed by everyone, especially if they are unwilling to make the commitment to "invest" in the team to be able to complete.

This.

Except only a mad man sees value in spending 18 zetas to gain 2 omegas per month, probably less. Like I said, I won't be doing this event any time soon. Possibly never and I'm still not even upset because the rewards aren't worth it.

The whole point of getting 2 zetas is to be on a 2 zeta surplus, not to be 18 minus, so those zetas might as well not exist

Where are you getting the 18 zeta number? I don’t think jedi have that many zetas if you counted every single one?

Regardless I agree that it isn’t worth investing in a Jedi team just for this event, but if you are investing in them because you like them or for some other reason then this gives some extra sweetness for that investment.

Oh, ok. That makes sense, thanks

• Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options

This.

No, actually it leaves you with 2 zeta mats and an upgraded character. You seem to think the zeta on Barriss, Ezra or Hoda is otherwise entirely useless while those are excellent zetas and useful in other game modes too.

If you don't want to invest in jedi, that's fine. I wouldn't invest in jedi just for this event either. And I feel it's a bit overtuned to requiring good RNG or deathmark just wipes out someone instantly: need to either get a stun with Aayla, or need to get a cleanse off (with barriss, hoda or GK; or kanan works too). But it's tuned to require a very strong jedi team, so doesn't seem to be much point moaning if you don't even have the prerequisites.

Want something truly overtuned? Just wait til the BH contracts event comes back in a few days ;)
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    It should be Galactic Republic characters not just Jedi

Exactly! Why can’t we use R2!? Have the devs seen Episode 3 when he burns the B2s? And the Clones would be nice also since, ya know, they were bread to fight the Separatists.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Cleared the bonus tier easily despite my jedi hitting like a wet noodle. Not even going to try mythic purely due to the time it would take. Someone call me when they rework Jedi or develop proper mod management.
  • Options

GK g12
    zBariss g11
    Ezra g11
    GMY g11
    Hermit Yoda g11
  • llShad0wll
    57 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So started wave 4 multiple times like this. Everyone but GMY is G12. Kanan and Barriss are zeta’d. Within a handful of turns this great start amounts to nothing and they plow through me. There’s a difference between “very very difficult” and unbalanced RNG crapfest. Even tried multiple times with Hoda in the lineup instead of Kanan to no avail.

At least the one with Sid in wave 4 was just 1 Uber version of him. Not a whole squad...

Investing isnt worth it for this event. Jedi reworks and difficulty balancing are needed. Congrats to the 0.1% completing it.

mXjMJjo.JPG
  • llShad0wll
    57 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    https://imgur.com/gallery/mXjMJjo

Started wave 4 multiple times like this. Everyone but GMY is G12. Zetas on Kanan and Barriss. Even tried with Hoda in place of Kanan. Within a handful of turns my teams got smoked.

At least for the event with Sid in wave 4, it’s just him with Uber health/protection. This has a whole squad and feels extremely unbalanced. Don’t invest in Jedi for this right now, this requires reworks and balancing. There’s a difference between “very very difficult” and whatever this is...
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    Maxed out ewoks prove useful.

/Relieved
  • Rui99
    43 posts Member
    Options
    I have guys in my guild say it’s pretty easy with GL lead, Zarriss, hermit yoda, grand master yoda and Ezra mix of GK 12 the rest g11. Which is what I’m running. I’ve been at if for 4+ hours and only made it past wave 4 once. Ended up loosing in wave 8 as I lost Zarriss in wave 4 and couldn’t keep my guys alive. Also was told one guy only saw death mark like once in nearly a dozen battles and I get killed by it in every battle. So it’s either RNG just hates me are there is an easy button somewhere I’m just missing. I’m ok with an event being difficult. But after 4-5 hours when you apparently have the right hero’s, the right zeta’s, arena lvl mods on them and still get ran over something doesn’t add up.
  • Options
    Never thought I’d hear the day where grievous was considered “too OP”. Huh. If only the grievous we get was this powerful.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Rui99
    43 posts Member
    Options
    It might be a sneak peak at his new kit lol
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Why does everyone keep saying “2 omegas”? You can repeat assault battles so it’s actually 4 omegas in a weekend. Pretty sweet reward if you ask me. But no one did...

I can’t beat this one either. Don’t have double yoda. I don’t mind. Glad they released something I have to work towards.
  • Options
    Anyone have any luck? I'm expecting it to require full G12 and zeta'd Ewoks....I ran GK, Ezra, Kanaan, Hermit Yoda, and Old Ben and had no real issues but as soon as 4/8 and GG showed up with healing immunity and then Deathmark I was wiped out within moments.
  • DracuLaura
    129 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You need to use yoda to steal the prot buff in tiers 4 and 8 and then share to everyone else.

Gk lead, both yodas, ani and Ezra were who I used. All g11 except Gk who is g12. The key is yoda tho.
  • Ghostrider1982
    217 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I tried that and I could not keep GK alive in tier 4 long enough to do this....he got wrecked...and my GK is super tanky and I have G12 hermit and Ezra with G11 Anakin and Yoda that I speed buffed to 230+ with no luck

On 2nd attempt i did the steal and GK got deathmarked and 1 shot with full health and some protection.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Maxed out ewoks prove useful.

/Relieved

Kitten Yeah!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Just showing one way of doing the event. Honestly, you could auto after phase 4.

https://youtu.be/ZdWvsIt6Tso
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    @PeteSolo GK Zarris is one of the best offense team in TW because it destroys any crit based team.
    zQGJ is not required for the event.

zHoda is the single toon that can be reused in hSTR so the zeta is not only to be used for the event.

This game is about making choice. I have no interest in BH, so I will probably make a pass on them (especially Greedo needing 350 cuffs).

I will suffer when they decide to make an assault battle requiring only BH... (Hopefully, I have the Imperial Troopers haha).

You can ask think it that way: you are better off with the new version than the old: you have better rewards than before even without mythic. The mythic tier can be considered as a compensation for playing who “wasted” zetas and gear ok Jedi.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Just showing one way of doing the event. Honestly, you could auto after phase 4.

I knew Jedis were bad but come on... In this video there's a mix of g12 and 11 and, still, only when they get an offense buff they hit above 10K. And pretty much never above 15K. The Jedi faction really is subpar...

Wow... The whole fight takes more than 22 minutes because the Jedis hit like wet noodles... **** CG, what did you do to what should be one of the most powerful faction in the game? You did nothing and that's the problem :-/
  • Genpaku408
    119 posts Member
    Options
    okay so I finally after many RNG, managed to do it. Comes down to a little luck of having heals cleanses and taunts ready at the right time

It was under a GK lead (g12)

Ezra (gear 12 no zeta)

Hyoda (gear 11 1 zeta)

Kanan (gear 12 with zeta but dont think its needed)

GM yoda (gear 10 with no zeta but 243 speed)

It really was down to lots of RNG and making sure I was lucky enough to cleanse and foresight when I get the chance.

Went for the shield droid first then bum rushed GG.

After that is just a close but annoying clear of the team before a slow walk to the end.

the 8th phase isn't hard but they are tanky.

Feel so much better its done, but unless they put something new than just omegas at the end next time, its not worth the hassel a second time.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Alright, got 12m damage on the tank and caught the end of the Spitfire/Dragons beatdown, so now it's time to start yelling....
    Spang wrote: »
    It’s low stakes but with great rewards.

You're kidding, right? Or forget to put a /sarcasm there.
    Two omegas for a super hard, super challenging, super super super Mythic tier? While the other tiers give you shards AND mods (and purple mats?). It's just as bad as the Sith Raid rewards below Heoric tier.
    No, you shoe without arch support, it's not sarcasm or kidding. It's not even super challenging, it just requires putting gear on characters and using the right combination--probably moving some mods around because your best stuff doesn't go on them normally, but at most that's going to cost 100k, which is a helluva discount on two omegas.

There are no stakes. If you don't complete it, you miss out on some omegas. That's all. It's not like missing out on Luke or Rey or General Kenobi or any of the other dozens of characters that have risen and fallen through the meta ranks throughout the years--Hey, remember when Darth Maul was an absolute must when zetas first came out, but until that point he was only available through chromium and aurodium packs? You probably don't remember, because a couple months later R2-D2 came out and rendered him obsolete. Whenever a game-changing character (or mechanic, in the case of zeta Maul) gets introduced there's a great wailing and gnashing of teeth from the people who miss out because they can't or won't (both valid) spend the money needed to get those things.

This is content that you can take or leave as you please and it doesn't really matter. It's for fun, see? You do it if you want to do it, and if you don't want to do it, you don't. Can't you just have fun for a couple minutes instead of coming here to kvetch because there's no egg in your beer? Just enjoy the beer.

This.
    Except only a mad man sees value in spending 18 zetas to gain 2 omegas per month, probably less.
    No, you rusty nail on a broken picket fence, you don't have to be crazy to see that value proposition as worth it. What requires being crazy is thinking that the only way to play the game is to google "What GoH characters should I go for?" and then copy/paste that into a phone doc so you've got it on a checklist you can look at whenever you fail a leadership check at the start of your turn and stumble forward half your move speed. Likewise it is also crazy to think that the game as it stands today is how it has always been. Lots of people have jedi at high stars because we needed them for stuff in the past, geared reasonably well because they were solid for a while, zeta'd because once you have four or five critical zetas you can just start throwing them on the characters you like. There are folks out there who took their Imperial Troopers to g11 before they got reworked last year to have sub-factional synergies or were needed for any content (incidentally, also before any characters could reach g12). There's folks out there who farm characters because they like the character, not because some list told them they should do it.

People do things because they like to have fun. Because they're fans of some characters. Because they don't give a good god **** about their arena ranking. Only a crazy person would think you'd have to be crazy to have jedi with zetas.

As I said above: If you don't think it's worth doing, then don't do it. What are you missing out on? Why, exactly, are you angry about all of this? Are you mad because you can't do the content, or are you mad because the rewards aren't worth the effort? And don't you see how maybe--MAYBE--that's not necessarily a bad thing?
    LoL

Wouldn't want my post to get seen by too many. So move it and bury it in here. Same old oppressive Moderation we've come to expect from Kyno and the gang. Change my words **** to "kitten". Power tripping control freaks. This website is nothing but propaganda. And you moderators aren't fooling anyone.
    You need to shut up and grow up, dude. Read around and it's real obvious that there's a list of words that they think are inappropriate and substitute with "kitten" or whatever. If the only way you can express yourself is by that sort of language, then the problem is with you, you melting ice cream sandwich.

There's hella room for criticism and feedback that doesn't get changed. It's just that the majority of people on this board are entitled old brats (You can tell they're old because they constantly call others entitled millennials) that are so used to games that cater to them that they've forgotten that you're supposed to actually play them, and sometimes that means not being able to complete something because you weren't prepared so they come here and have some petulant whinefest about how everything is a cash grab like that isn't the goal of literally every business in our western capitalist civilization. That's how we get these megathreads. Too many people too enraptured with their own opinions that they don't realize a dozen other people have said the same **** thing, hence threads get merged so they don't overtake the board.

You're not important enough to be censored. You're just not original enough to warrant your own thread.
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Can’t get past level 4 with GK, zarriss, zEzra, zKanan... tried GM Yoda/Ahsoka/Aayla in last slot.

Heal immunity, deathmark, done.

Don't worry 30 posters out of millions of players .00000000000000001 % of all players can beat it...and they will let you know about it.
    I'm betting the folks who don't read the forum have a significantly higher success rate because they're not infected with the circular-self-pleasure "META OR DEATH" groupthink mindset that runs amok around here.

trwrzPg.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Before: These events are too easy for veteran players

After:These events are too hard. How are we supposed to do this. Wah.
  • d3ltoro
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Beat the mythic both days with the following:

QGJ(z) - g11
    Hoda(z) - g11
    OB(z) - g12
    GK - g12
    Ezra - g11

Took 3 tries on day 1 and 2 tries on day 2. Only grievous was really difficult and you need tm and rng on your side when entering p4. Make sure GK or Hoda is ready to dispel deathmark when it comes. I managed to take down the shield buff droid before it went off, I'm sure it helped. Also OBs tmr and ability block.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    My jedi are bad, even by jedi standards. I barely can beat T2, no shot at T3 or Mythic.

And that's fine. It was my choice to not work on Jedi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

See this player actually used all the tactics and skills available and made it look pretty easy. I think also you can cut through the enemies quicker if you have Ezra to dispel the protection up buff on GG for example. The key 3 are really GK / Hermit and GMYoda...the other 2 can rotate somehwat based on what you have. I do have a zBarriss, but I found Old Ben + Ezra to be most effective for me. Old Ben's mind tricks is a big move here and I like Ezra's dispel.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Tromb2ch2 wrote: »
    Also it now only shows the rewards as 2 omegas for next time. I hope it's not that difficult for 2 omegas...

Forest Moon only had omegas as rewards on Mythic Tier the second time. Zetas are just first time bonus.
  • Options
    I beat it with chirpa lead, wicket, scout, logray and paploo. Mixture of g11 and 12. All zetas. Decent mods not arena mods. Phase 4 only tough battle.
  • Options
    Why does QGJ not get an assist from another Jedi in the Separatist event, Does any one know
    Lost in the 20th century
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why does QGJ not get an assist from another Jedi in the Separatist event, Does any one know

Are you using HYoda? If he calls HYoda for the assist, he will just heal.