Update to Timezone Change Policy for Extreme Changes Only [Mega]

1235Next

Replies

  • Merklynn
    47 posts Member
    So, after a week of emails between myself and EA support during which they repeatedly asked me for the same information, if they even read my emails, I was finally told to open a chat with someone which I did, they then escalated my request to stage 2 as they see it conformed with the rules for a timezone change (8 hours difference, first request etc) only for the person at stage 2 to say it didn't even though it clearly does (unless there are some hidden rules of course). After that there is nothing they could do.
  • Carlmac
    54 posts Member
    Just got it done took a little over 24hrs. Lived in Boston when I made the account and moved back to Ireland.. now I can go to bed at a reasonable hour and get my final energy refresh daily
  • Zouss57 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I work at night and I can never recover the energy of cantina because it falls at lunch time and I sleep.
    This has been going on for two years.
    Thank you for making an effort for those who do not change timezone but who work in staggered hours.
    the direction the game takes is becoming painful.

    I have the exact same issue

  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    The point of changing timezones is not to make payouts more convenient. Changing your payout time is SO easily exploitable.
    As Carrie said, this is for extreme circumstances, such as I move from the US to Europe/Asia, and now my bonus energy and arena payouts are in the middle of the night.
    It would be incredibly nice if arena payouts weren't smack dab in the middle of most people's busiest time of the day. However, they would have to rework the entire payout system, which I don't believe they're going to do (they don't want everyone to be able to take 1st every day).

    I definitely see your point but they should have had the common sense to realize that the payout time would be universally bad for almost every working adult in the entire world, unless you are lucky and always get to work the morning shifts.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    As anyone who has ever tried to organize a social event involving more than two adults knows, coordinating the schedules of multiple adults to find a time that's convenient for everyone is literally impossible.
    Still not a he.
  • I work shift work so my schedule is never a guarantee. So I think that when you setup your account that you should be able to pick your payout time, and not be forced into their preset payout time. If you already have an account I think they should grant you a 1 time change. Then make it available only for a fee which increases the more it's used to prevent exploitation. I spend thousands of dollars in a years time on this game I don't think 1 timezone change is too much to ask for.
  • This supposed “policy” is a complete farse. Don’t believe that they will help you at all. I’m actually quitting the game after playing daily for 2 years as a result of their utter lack of customer support on this issue.
  • afaviator956
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Deleted
  • My friend moved from Pacific time zone to Central time zone. We work at 630 and he, like I, goes to bed before 11pm which is when his last drop is. Mine is at 9pm and I can get it before I go to bed. The 4 hour rule is impracticable. Needs to be limited to any time but only within 3 mths since the last time you moved.
  • Got my timezone changed, took about 3days and a couple quick emails. Thanks for introducing this. Starting plying in GMT +8 and now am back in 0 after 2and 1/2 years. Thanks a lot
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    I guess I care less about my arena payout times than my daily reset time. I stay up till 1am every day to do my dailies, and it would be really nice to be able to get them done at like 11pm or something so I could start going to bed earlier.

    As far as arena payouts go, allowing EVERYONE to do a ONE-TIME time zone change would not be exploitable or result in more crystals in the economy. Even though CG in this thread said that if you "do the math" it leads to more payouts it isn't true. My shard has payouts around the clock. SOMEONE gets 1st place every hour, even if it isn't someone in my shard chat. So yes, you could theoretically spread your shard-chat mates out a little thinner so they are not competing with each other, but the total shard payouts would not change in my shard. I am sure there might be some shards out there that skip maybe 3 payout times a day, but there is no way that is going to even register in the greater economy of the game.
  • I have had to spend morning break, lunch time, afternoon break to climb in arena because i finish work at 5 30pm, payout time is 5pm...do 2 last fleet battles and drive home late...
    When i found this thread. I sent a request straightaway, an adviser told me to give the time zone to change. I was really happy , but few hours later , another guy told me EA couldn't help me and gave me no reason...

    Is there any way to escalate the issue , as he hasnt responded my email? Thank you
  • From experience:

    I downloaded this game at a airport while I was waiting for my flight to return from vacation. When I got home I realized this had a negative effect on my account and requested assistance.

    I reached out to the CG’s on this forum and on reddit. I reached out to EA on EaHelp.com, by email, by phone, and by Facebook. No one will help you.

    In 2013 & 2014 EA was voted the worst company in America - this is why.
  • Nothing makes people not care faster then having to build there life around a game. Or what cause anxiety if your too busy to be able to make it to your payout time. I wish more people would complain about this, but sadly if it ain't broke don't fix it... right? I just wish there was an option to get my daily crystals without competing in arena.
  • I don’t mean to beat a dead horse. But- in a 6 hour turn over, a 2 hour time zone difference and a 4 hour time zone difference is completely the same. The are both off two hours from the appropriate time.

    I think the 4 hour rule is just there to pretend they are willing to help. They know VERY few are moving from USA-Europe-Asia. And if they are- New York to Berlin is 6 hour difference. Therefore you are still on track for a 6hour turn over

    EA doesn’t care. CGs doesn’t care
  • Xx1xx2xx2
    143 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I have same problem, i moved with girlfriend to Brazil, and this **** dont want change my timezone, maybe its not huge change but its 5 h
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Really hate that they will not change this. They are taking a stance that they prefer you to play while driving or ignore your family to play and get your payouts. Horrible company policy.


    I have an hour commute to the work office which is during my Arena payout so 5 days a week I am driving while attempting to do Arena battles and not kill someone. Then I get to the office and have another hour drive to the work site....which is now during my Fleet Arena payout. Horrible.
    Post edited by Lilpup on
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Lilpup wrote: »
    Really hate that they will not change this. They are taking a stance that they prefer you to play while driving or ignore your family to play and get your payouts. Horrible company policy.


    I have an hour commute to the work office which is during my Arena payout so 5 days a week I am driving while attempting to do Arena battles and not kill someone. Then I get to the office and have another hour drive to the work site....which is now during my Fleet Arena payout. Horrible.

    So what you're saying, if you recklessly kill someone because you're attempting to play a video game while driving, it's CGs fault.

    Sounds legit...

    CG’s might as well be handing out guns with their reckless rules
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    nQthing wrote: »
    CG’s might as well be handing out guns with their reckless rules
    No.

    No, that is not how this works.

    That is not how anything works.

    This is a silly phone game. If you are willing to put peoples' lives on the line over a silly phone game, that's not CG's fault. That's your fault. Stop it and get your priorities in line.

    Edit: Y'know, sometimes, the auto-censor just makes things sound more profane.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Don't get the rule of 4 timezones required. If my work relocates me to a neighbouring country which then affects my playtime during arena???

    This kind of statement makes players feel like you're just making them for the sake of it. Might as well set the rule to 12hrs so lesser people qualify?

    Already submitted a ticket and they said it can't be helped. Don't get why you guys are being so strict about this. Joke's on you. People spend money when they know they can keep up, but if my timezone change doesn't allow me to compete, why keep spending??
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Community complains about issue A and B
    CG fixes non-issue N, Q, and R

    Pretty sure we've been doing this long enough to know this is how it always ends up.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Lilpup wrote: »
    Really hate that they will not change this. They are taking a stance that they prefer you to play while driving or ignore your family to play and get your payouts. Horrible company policy.


    I have an hour commute to the work office which is during my Arena payout so 5 days a week I am driving while attempting to do Arena battles and not kill someone. Then I get to the office and have another hour drive to the work site....which is now during my Fleet Arena payout. Horrible.

    So what you're saying, if you recklessly kill someone because you're attempting to play a video game while driving, it's CGs fault.

    Sounds legit...

    You know what, as stupid as it may sound on the surface, I could actually see a claim like that holding water (I’m not a lawyer, so take it for what it’s worth). It’s pretty well established that these games form addiction, and that EA uses tactics that they have studied to intentionally create and then exploit that addiction. They have also intentionally set the game up so you have to be on at a certain time. They have heard numerous complaints about people playing while driving yet have denied people their request to play the game at a different time despite EA having a method in place to make that very change for others.

    Telling people to simply not play while driving is like telling a smoker to simply wait until they get home to smoke. You don’t understand addiction if you believe that’s a reasonable request for those with severe addictions.

    Again, I’m not a lawyer, but I’d be very interested to hear the take of one here on if someone would actually have a case if the scenario came into play, because it actually doesn’t sound THAT absurd to me.
  • PeteSolo wrote: »
    Because the more people are unable to battle during payout hours the worse the results and therefore they earn fewer crystals in total which is more likely to encourage spending. Yeah it's unfair but you have to live with it.

    It bothers me as well since it rewards lazy bums who have no life and no job, and people who's real life schedule is not busy around those hours. And punishes responsible people who have lives, family and responsibilities.

    Necro, I know, but just found this so offensive. I came here because i moved to Asia. This was implemented to benefit people who have moved across the globe, not punish anyone or reward PEOPLE WITH A DIFFERENT SCHEDULE THAN YOUR OWN. Jesus, if someone doesn't have the exact same work schedule or life as you, they're "lazy bums who have no life and no job!?" YOU need to get a life, man, because if this is how you're living, with this kind of attitude, you need help.
Sign In or Register to comment.