173 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    Even if we went to the extreme case of having an unlimited supply of omegas it still would have no effect on the game. Use your logic, it's NEVER omegas that make a squad viable in arena or raids. When was the last time you saw a 0 zeta squad with just omegas dominate the meta? You are acting like you're blind to the existence of zetas! I mean seriously when was the last time a team in arena pulled big numbers without any zetas?

Even if you had an infinite amount of omegas it would mean nothing without the necessary zetas. And then don't also forget about gear! You are also acting blind to the fact that a gear 8-9 team even with all their zetas wouldn't perform anywhere near where they are supposed to at g11-12 so not only are zetas the limiting factor but so is gear. So please don't act like omegas are that important cause they are not.

There is more tomthis game than arena and raids.....

If that's the case then I don't see why people would care, so what if someone omegad their ewoks for the event? Why does that affect the game negatively?

Because if everyone omega'd everything, they would have a much easier time of beating all of the top tiers and character acquisition would be too easy... Which is not what this game is meant to be....

I get absence of satisfaction out of dropping an omega on a toon and a sense of accomplishment when I beat an event and unlock a toon..... That's what this game is supposed to be about....

So you think an Omega would be a determining factor to get characters? Since when? We've only had a few legendaries and I'm sure omegas are the last thing that they depend on. The only event that was a challenge without omegas was Thrawn. So what? Everyone has him now anyways, I did it with g7-8 phoenix and I had only about half the omegas. It's more about mods than omegas. This whole argument is invalid.

Also if you get a sense of accomplishment from dropping omegas then I'm sorry but you're too outdated, this is what zetas are for. Also don't assume that your sense of accomplishment is the same as mine

It's not about omegas vs Zetas..... Every step in the process brings a sense of satisfaction....

Im not making any assumptions.... I am playing a game the way it is set up to be played... You are the one assuming the way you play the game is the way everyone plays the game and that your view of the game is the one everyone shares when it is not..... It's evident in your zeta or nothing attitude.....

What does give you a sense of satisfaction in the game?

Given the responses of this thread I'd say it's 50-50 and therefore no one is right. You just assume that everyone gets a sense of accomplishment by getting enough omegas to level up an ability. I think that that's what zetas are for. So let me ask you this, why isn't this the same case for purple materials or blue materials or even green materials? Why do we have stacks of thousands of those (hundreds in the case of purples)? Perhaps it's because when new materials come out the previous ones should naturally get alot more common. There are enough crunches in this game as it is I just don't think that having to worry about Omega crunch on top of that is worth it.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    All this bickering back and forth about entitlement is pretty pointless.
    Short and simple is that the game has evolved heavily since omegas were introduced. The methods in how we get them haven’t kept up with that evolution. I laid out two ways that this could alleviate the crunch earlier while still maintaining the health of the game. Both ways didn’t appease people because two years to omega every ability was too quick. Do one or the other and it’s increased to either 3.5 years or 4 years to omega every ability. Again not including zeta requirements.
    TLDR: there’s ways to fix the crunch. Either guarantee an omega drop each roll of the ability mat challenge or guarantee an omega per completion of GW campaigns. Simple

I don't even have 1/3 of the characters omegad in nearly 2 years, and not even 10% of zetas and I'm telling you nobody is asking for maxed accounts and having all abilities leveled, even with the current pace it would take 4-5 years to get every Omega not including characters that will be added along the way. I think it's safe to say that people are being paranoid about it, the game won't die or be "unhealthy" if we got more omegas, no matter how many of omegas we got
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Short and simple is that the game has evolved heavily since omegas were introduced. The methods in how we get them haven’t kept up with that evolution. I laid out two ways that this could alleviate the crunch earlier while still maintaining the health of the game. Both ways didn’t appease people because two years to omega every ability was too quick. Do one or the other and it’s increased to either 3.5 years or 4 years to omega every ability. Again not including zeta requirements.
    TLDR: there’s ways to fix the crunch. Either guarantee an omega drop each roll of the ability mat challenge or guarantee an omega per completion of GW campaigns. Simple

I don't even have 1/3 of the characters omegad in nearly 2 years, and not even 10% of zetas and I'm telling you nobody is asking for maxed accounts and having all abilities leveled, even with the current pace it would take 4-5 years to get every Omega not including characters that will be added along the way. I think it's safe to say that people are being paranoid about it, the game won't die or be "unhealthy" if we got more omegas, no matter how many of omegas we got

I don’t disagree, I’m just saying what I’m seeing in this thread. 7-9 omegas a week extra isn’t asking for much.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

I don’t disagree, I’m just saying what I’m seeing in this thread. 7-9 omegas a week extra isn’t asking for much.

Yeah I know, too bad some folks here think that would break the game
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Tbh i think this thread is beating a dead horse now. I see the points from both camps.

I got what you were originally saying but your example of omegas every time in ability mat challenge was too much. Do we want more mats? Sure but at a rate that wont feel like too much.

I think there is a middle ground somewhere that omegas arent quite the bottleneck they are atm howwevver still providing some aspect of choosing carefully which ones you need to do and when to keep for a zeta. I also think they are working on that with all the additional omegs sources we are getting

I'm quoting this comment because this pretty much sums it up.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Even if we went to the extreme case of having an unlimited supply of omegas it still would have no effect on the game. Use your logic, it's NEVER omegas that make a squad viable in arena or raids. When was the last time you saw a 0 zeta squad with just omegas dominate the meta? You are acting like you're blind to the existence of zetas! I mean seriously when was the last time a team in arena pulled big numbers without any zetas?

Even if you had an infinite amount of omegas it would mean nothing without the necessary zetas. And then don't also forget about gear! You are also acting blind to the fact that a gear 8-9 team even with all their zetas wouldn't perform anywhere near where they are supposed to at g11-12 so not only are zetas the limiting factor but so is gear. So please don't act like omegas are that important cause they are not.

If that's the case then I don't see why people would care, so what if someone omegad their ewoks for the event? Why does that affect the game negatively?

Because if everyone omega'd everything, they would have a much easier time of beating all of the top tiers and character acquisition would be too easy... Which is not what this game is meant to be....

I get absence of satisfaction out of dropping an omega on a toon and a sense of accomplishment when I beat an event and unlock a toon..... That's what this game is supposed to be about....

So you think an Omega would be a determining factor to get characters? Since when? We've only had a few legendaries and I'm sure omegas are the last thing that they depend on. The only event that was a challenge without omegas was Thrawn. So what? Everyone has him now anyways, I did it with g7-8 phoenix and I had only about half the omegas. It's more about mods than omegas. This whole argument is invalid.

Also if you get a sense of accomplishment from dropping omegas then I'm sorry but you're too outdated, this is what zetas are for. Also don't assume that your sense of accomplishment is the same as mine

It's not about omegas vs Zetas..... Every step in the process brings a sense of satisfaction....

Im not making any assumptions.... I am playing a game the way it is set up to be played... You are the one assuming the way you play the game is the way everyone plays the game and that your view of the game is the one everyone shares when it is not..... It's evident in your zeta or nothing attitude.....

Given the responses of this thread I'd say it's 50-50 and therefore no one is right. You just assume that everyone gets a sense of accomplishment by getting enough omegas to level up an ability. I think that that's what zetas are for. So let me ask you this, why isn't this the same case for purple materials or blue materials or even green materials? Why do we have stacks of thousands of those (hundreds in the case of purples)? Perhaps it's because when new materials come out the previous ones should naturally get alot more common. There are enough crunches in this game as it is I just don't think that having to worry about Omega crunch on top of that is worth it.

The number of people who want everything to be easy will always outnumber the amount of people who apply value to things and are willing to work to get them..... That's just life.... The ones who want an easy path are usually the most vocal as well.....

I don't mean to argue with you, everyone plays the game their own way for their own reasons.... When I see someone use the term "worry" in regards to what is supposed to be a fun game, I question their motivation for wanting to play it at all....
  • Trojan
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Serious!!!
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

The number of people who want everything to be easy will always outnumber the amount of people who apply value to things and are willing to work to get them..... That's just life.... The ones who want an easy path are usually the most vocal as well.....

I don't mean to argue with you, everyone plays the game their own way for their own reasons.... When I see someone use the term "worry" in regards to what is supposed to be a fun game, I question their motivation for wanting to play it at all....

Well the use of the term "work" and "easy" are very misplaced here. Seriously nobody has to work to get omegas, they are essentially free, it's just the rate of which we get them that varies. Omega battles are designed to be beaten by everyone, including very new players I wouldn't consider it work. Like I've said numerous times, this is the purpose of zetas, zetas alone can give you everything. Sense of accomplishment, check. Management and priorities, check. Scarcity and hard work to earn them, check. Steady and healthy pace of progression, check. Limiting factor, check. Determining a squad's viability in all areas of the game, check.

There's literally everything you need to keep the game healthy, interesting and rewarding all in one.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Well the use of the term "work" and "easy" are very misplaced here. Seriously nobody has to work to get omegas, they are essentially free, it's just the rate of which we get them that varies. Omega battles are designed to be beaten by everyone, including very new players I wouldn't consider it work. Like I've said numerous times, this is the purpose of zetas, zetas alone can give you everything. Sense of accomplishment, check. Management and priorities, check. Scarcity and hard work to earn them, check. Steady and healthy pace of progression, check. Limiting factor, check. Determining a squad's viability in all areas of the game, check.

There's literally everything you need to keep the game healthy, interesting and rewarding all in one.

You know, I hear you, and you do have somewhat of a point..... I choose to take everything in stride and am happy with each small step from unlock to max g12..... To each their own....
  • Sthenos
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Don't quote me on this but I could have sworn they said jn the Q/A a while back that they were going to update OMEGA farming.

And i agree farming them is a nightmare when you have to focus so many toons atm I have empire/BH and since BH need omegas for their contracts I don't have enough to go around I have 57 zeta mats but never enough omegas

I think they were talking about Omegas for ships. It lasted for a week last time I think
  • Options
    How about changing zetas to where you only need 20 zetas. When you omega an ability you use just omegas. The zeta requirements are insane and unrealistic with how many mats you need to save up for just 1 ability.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options

Hmmm.... interesting... See I feel the same way about both omegas and zetas that you feel about omegas. You have to work a bit to start getting them and then they pretty much come for free.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If you're putting an omega on a toon just "to be safe" then there's your problem. Even if you're using it in arena.

I have run CLS lead in arena for a long time and I still have only given him IBAT. There's two other zetas I have not given him because I'm not convinced it's worth spending the resources. And yeah zeta not omega, but point stands.

You really ought to zeta his other unique. That (nearly) automatic resist is brutal against some teams.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    I'm about to switch to a JTR team though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    As a veteran player I can feel the omega crunch too. I have more Zetas than Omegas. We really need some more possibilities to earn omegas.
  • Options
    I really hate when trolls like Kyno constantly respond in favor of EAs policies . If you massively change the need for resources by constantly adding toons and abilities to existing toons, you need to adjust the amount of credits, materials, etc.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    I got 3 omegas from the daily challenge today.

B)
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    As a veteran player I can feel the omega crunch too. I have more Zetas than Omegas. We really need some more possibilities to earn omegas.

How do you have more zetas than omegas?
  • Options
    I got 3 omegas from the daily challenge today.

B)

I've received 0 for probably the last 5 omega challenge days :(
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah believe me 0 or 1 is much more common.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    My usual rule for omegas, unless there's an immediate need for omega abilities (before a TW, BHs' abilities before the bounty events), is to treat the number of omegas needed for my next zeta as "zero". So if I wanted to zeta a unique and it cost 13 omegas, I can only omega another ability if I have 18 or more. I find this works pretty well, as long as you have the anti-OCD willpower to ignore all the red dots in the character list.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm about to switch to a JTR team though.

This is in NO WAY meant to be a slam, but a serious question. Why??! Nightmare is easy to put together and destroys JTR teams. Even nightmare minus sion plus DT is a better option these days.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Because there's still plenty of JTR in the top of my shard, and I already use Thrawn R2 GK so they're all modded and geared. JTR and BB8 were both G11 (JTR now G12 as of today). This was a much easier transition than to EP when I have a G12 Vader and then a bunch of G8 and G9 Sith with no zetas and few omegas.

I can do more with JTR than CLS and I can do it faster than with EP. That's why.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Because there's still plenty of JTR in the top of my shard, and I already use Thrawn R2 GK so they're all modded and geared. JTR and BB8 were both G11 (JTR now G12 as of today). This was a much easier transition than to EP when I have a G12 Vader and then a bunch of G8 and G9 Sith with no zetas and few omegas.

I can do more with JTR than CLS and I can do it faster than with EP. That's why.

Cool.. thanks for answering
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    My usual rule for omegas, unless there's an immediate need for omega abilities (before a TW, BHs' abilities before the bounty events), is to treat the number of omegas needed for my next zeta as "zero". So if I wanted to zeta a unique and it cost 13 omegas, I can only omega another ability if I have 18 or more. I find this works pretty well, as long as you have the anti-OCD willpower to ignore all the red dots in the character list.

Well does your guild participate in the heroic sith raid? I'm sure if you had 13 omegas and you needed a couple more to finish up a squad using omegas or a zeta for the raid you wouldn't tell your guildmates that "I'm sorry, I don't have any omegas, I can't do it". No you'd simply do what you have to do.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options

Well does your guild participate in the heroic sith raid? I'm sure if you had 13 omegas and you needed a couple more to finish up a squad using omegas or a zeta for the raid you wouldn't tell your guildmates that "I'm sorry, I don't have any omegas, I can't do it". No you'd simply do what you have to do.

Everyone has different priorities. Mine is to be in a guild that understands this game should be fun and doesn't dictate how I save or spend my resources.

I do the exact same thing FWIW. My zero level is generally 10m credits, 10k crystals, 100 purple, 13 omega, 20 zeta. And when the next Hero's Journey drops, I have a much better chance of not being caught flat-footed. And guess what, that helps my guild.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i've had 1 spare zeta almost the entire time my guild was trying to complete the HSR.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    you can buy omega mats in the fleet store ;)

Excellent solution! If, the price was lowered. No way 1 omega should cost 3/4 of the price, of a zeta.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    9r33d0 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    you can buy omega mats in the fleet store ;)

Excellent solution! If, the price was lowered. No way 1 omega should cost 3/4 of the price, of a zeta.

When you have 3x the number of zeta as omega, I'm not sure it's unreasonable to spend 3/4 of the price on the omega.

While an omega has value without a zeta, a zeta without an omega is worthless.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Your guild tells you how to spend the resources you work for and acquire? That is really lame. What is the point of.going through the daily motions of the game if you can't build the teams and collect the toons you want?......

I spend 8 hours a day living by someone else's rules to support the collective...... It's called work..... This is game, it's supposed to be fun.....