Omega crunch is painful!

Replies

• Options
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    To all those of you speaking about management, you don't see the big picture, every new character comes with 5-6 abilities, especially the good ones, they all have omegas in every single ability and between 1-2 zetas which require omegas themselves.

You say I'm wasteful when I still haven't even zetad any of my phonix, some don't even have all their omegas. I have no omegas in most of my Jawas, all my ewoks but teebo don't have omegas. No one of my Jedi other than Ezra, anakin, Kenobi, Barriss, Qgj, mace. No omegas on fulcrum, Baze, tuskens and other various characters. No omegas on Wampa, Hermit, some of my nightsisters. Still haven't geared or leveled holdo and rose, SA, ST, Sith Mara. Still missing omegas on half my clones and half my imp troopers, half my rebels, half my first order. I'm sure I'm forgetting something more!

That's more than half my roster and I've played for nearly 2 years so I would say my management is been pretty good.

Edit: throw bounty Hunters in that list too where the only one I have omegad is Boba

Sounds like you are in pretty similar place to me. You see, it's all about priorities. We were never meant to omega every single character, the purpose of the mat is to be somewhat exclusive. Not having omegas on Jawas and Tuskens is perfectly fine, the key is to give them to characters you are actually planning to use (not counting TW fillers).

Well yeah, all those characters, factions listed I have NOT omegad, including tuskens, ewoks and Jawas. The only Jawas I omegad are dathcha and engineer, I'm still missing a couple omegas on the engineer too

Tuskin Shaman is used in HAAT phase 2. The others are, eh. You don’t need omegas on Jawas to complete the Jawa mod challenge. You need good mods with speed secondaries and know which Jawa leader to use in Tier 3. If Old Daka is never going to be used as a leader, why would you waste 3 omegas on her ability? She’s not a pilot so no omega does not impede her. If Phoenix got you 7* Thrawn why continue omega / zeta unless going to 7* Phantom and Ghost for Chimera?

Most of the PVE content is based on the teams having maxed purples and gear 8 abilities.

And I said noone of my tuskens are omegad, I haven't even unlocked some. My only omegad Jawa is dathcha for haat and I have 1 Omega on JE. My daka isn't fully omegad, neither is Leia's or Dooku's leaderships. I'm not as dumb as you think bro, I manage my omegas incredibly well

Never said you were dumb. I think your argument lacks merit. You said Tuskins have no use, yet the Shaman is used in phase 2 of HAAT. I have all content open and started May 4th of 2017. I don’t feel a need to spend tons of money to finish rank 1 in fleet or arena. My satisfaction comes from contributing to the overall success of my guild in Raids, TB, and TW. I agree with you that we get too few omegas, but I also agree with Nic that 8-10 a week guaranteed is more realistic.

Now if you want a solid HAAT start to finish solo team, Akbar Lead, CLS, Ezra, B.B.-8, Hoda. Just saved you time effort and omegas on all the other teams. You can sub Chex Mix if waiting on Hoda, just don’t auto you have to manage the attacks. I though bounty hunters was going to be more useful in TB and I am glad I stopped at Bobas omega payout. That was a let down. And the imperial troopers are better for the Rebel Roundup and get IPD shards so they are a twofer plus they are a poor mans CLS meta buster.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Even if you have godly resource management, the fact that we got so many different events that are class specific and require you to use your entire roster shows that the game is MEANT to promote working on ALL factions. Literally the only useless faction so far is the tuskens who have nothing going for them.

Yeah Jawas are bad but you need them for Crit damage mods which are the most important in the game. Ewoks have their own events, nightsisters same thing. Recently Jedi became very important for assult battles which if you were clever and didn't buy into GM Yoda and stuff, now you NEED him, same with Aayla secura. Bounty Hunters, same thing. Add legendary events, TB special missions and faction specific missions. It's simply meant to use your entire roster! And no I haven't omegad by tuskens...

That's the problem most here have..... You don't NEED anything....

If you want it all at once, open your wallet..... Otherwise patience and focus on one thing at a time.....
  • UdalCuain
    5030 posts Member
    Options
    RedCastle wrote: »
    I’m pretty new to the game, I’ve been playing since december 2017 and I just reached lvl 85 today. So far, I have 17 abilities that I omegaed and one zeta.

And I’m okay with the current distribution. It force me to prioritize, to choose wisely before spending them. I like that its not easy to get.

And I don’t get the need to have every abilities on every toon maxed out. I did the jedi and resistance mod challenge with no Omega on any of my characters. Unless I use the characters regularily in Arena, TW or Raids, I don’t see the point of having all their abilities maxed out. I think that it’s a completitionist syndrome to need it.

Let's see if you are going to thing the same thing when you start accessing Mythic events or some of the new events like the bounty Hunter one. Or when you start working on teams for the Sith raid when each team REQUIRES a MINIMUM of 2 zetas and usually ALL omegas on your squad.

I'm 100% sure your mind will change about what's due to "completionist syndrome" and what's actually necessary. Just give it time bro

That's where we are different. I don't feel the need to complete all the events in the game. I don't care about ewoks, so why should I build an ewok team and max them out to complete their event? Same for the Nightsisters or the Bounty Hunters, or Phoenix Squadron. I'm perfectly fine setting myself one objective and sticking with it without being distracted by other events. I'm currently working on a FO and one Resistance team. My focus is on getting Jedi Training Rey, keeping a good rank in Arena and doing my part in raids (I can now solo Heroic Pit and do a good job in P2 and 4 of AAT).

Well my friend there's no point in playing a game where half of the modes are unbeatable. Also you don't understand the value of ranking high in Sith raid in terms of progression. You seem like a casual dude with casual play style however it's not fair to judge all players by the same standards.

Correction. There is no point for you in playing a game where half of the modes are unbeatable, I'm perfectly fine with it. From my point of view, there is no point in playing a game where everything is easy to get. My fun is in the management and setting my priorities. I understand that I won't be able to get everything, and that's part of the fun of the game for me. It gives more value to what I did unlock, a sense of achievement.

Nailed it. Wish everyone could play the game at a steady pace and simply enjoy it as you and I do.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    How do you gear all those toon you apparantly lack omega's for though? I'm running out of gear way sooner than i'm running out of omega's. I did however complete nearly everything there is to complete in this game.

I don't buy them

i'm sorry, i don't understand what you mean by that.

I don't buy Omegaa from fleet store

oke, but how do you gear all those toons you apparantly lack omega's for?
    I don't buy omega's either, i'm simply not running out because i don't put them on ungeared toons.

Some people just stopped doing dailies for months and got way behind on them *cough*

Since the day I started playing I've never failed to complete all daily challenges

Yeah, I was talking about myself.

#buffjedi
    How do you gear all those toon you apparantly lack omega's for though? I'm running out of gear way sooner than i'm running out of omega's. I did however complete nearly everything there is to complete in this game.

I don't buy them

I don't buy omega's either, i'm simply not running out because i don't put them on ungeared toons.

Well sometimes gear 7-9 toons can be viable in certain events if you have the right omegas on them

Sometimes, yes. I've got those equiped aswell, or they're not needed. Maybe you've equipped a few too many of those that actually didn't really benefit your ingame performance that much and as a result you're running out.
    I'm just spitballing here, i obviously don't know what your roster looks like.

I went through my roster, I have literally far fewer omegas than I thought. My only sub g9 characters with omegas would be Fives, Consular, Veers, Stark, Teebo who has only one Omega on his unique, JE, NS zombie who I'm purposely not gearing up.

Some noone of those have zetas and most aren't fully omegad. From my FO the only 3 characters with all their omegas are pilot, kylo, officer, noone of which have a zetad.

From my BH the only one with all omegas, no zeta is boba, my IG has only 1 Omega at g11. My only maxed clone is Rex at g12. My only maxed droids are BB8 and R2, OF COURSE I didn't give BB8 his one zeta that's about droids. No other droid has a single Omega.

From my empire my pilots are maxed, no zetas except Thrawn. My Vader, Palpatine still have no zetas except vader lead. Stormtrooper has his omegas at g10.

My only Jedi with a zeta is Zarriss, the only Jedi with omegas are Kenobi, Ezra, Yoda, QGJ, consular.

My nightsister spirit and initiate have no omegas. Only zeta is on assajj unique.

My only geared and omegad rebels are wiggs, Leia, Han, Han, CLS, r2, Lando, Jun has some omegas, Chaze some omegas. Casian and K2 have some of their omegas.

My resistance still miss rose and hold.

There you have it, all my omegas tell me who's been wasteful please
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    by the looks of it i've been way more wastefull with omega's than you have.
    I've been playing a while longer than you have though, so maybe that means you'll catch up with omega's.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I have 4 zetas, Finn, R2, Hera and CLS. Veers is getting his zeta soon.

I have 107 abilities max out with omegas including bobas contract spread over 38 characters.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think any1 is asking to omega every toon... but, the need for them has steadily increased (and continues to), however, the number of omegas we get have not increased at the same rate (or even close).
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    by the looks of it i've been way more wastefull with omega's than you have.
    I've been playing a while longer than you have though, so maybe that means you'll catch up with omega's.

I'm telling you I'm far behind in major factions, Phoenix, FO, Ewoks, Bounty Hunters. I know the game isn't meant to work like you wake up one morning and you decide to max a new faction and you do it effortlessly. However given the fact that zetas are pretty much the biggest factor in a squad's viability I think that we should be alot more chill with the Omega part.
  • Options
    I think saying every toon is required is a bit of a non statement. There are a core number of toons that will do well in various parts and plenty that will do terribly in all of them.

There is also quite of overlap with events. With a strong Phoenix squad you can do the ep and thrawn event. You also have 2 jedi which are useable in the yoda event and the seperatist assault battle. Pretty sure doing that alone cuts down your need for omegas quite significantly.

If you want to collect then thats fine bur not sure how completing events is to do with collections...
  • Options
    As a player that usually spends as soon as I require something I need ,I am always lacking omegas. But that’s on me and how I play the game. I agree that that tying in toons with ships may hurt but its a one and done deal.

Omegas are easily accumulated 1 a day at the very least. I stopped buying ship shards and just buy zetas and I get more omegas from the zeta challenge than zeta. I accumulated 3 zetas season since I came back. (JTR, BB8, PALP )
    Maybe they should increase the omega event to 2 instead of 1.
  • Options
    As a player that usually spends as soon as I require something I need ,I am always lacking omegas. But that’s on me and how I play the game. I agree that that tying in toons with ships may hurt but its a one and done deal.

Omegas are easily accumulated 1 a day at the very least. I stopped buying ship shards and just buy zetas and I get more omegas from the zeta challenge than zeta. I accumulated 3 zetas season since I came back. (JTR, BB8, PALP )
    Maybe they should increase the omega event to 2 instead of 1.

Thats a quite sensible way of increasing the amount, we get what 6 omega battles a montn? Thats a fairly decent increase over a year without swamping and devaluing omegas
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    I think saying every toon is required is a bit of a non statement. There are a core number of toons that will do well in various parts and plenty that will do terribly in all of them.

There is also quite of overlap with events. With a strong Phoenix squad you can do the ep and thrawn event. You also have 2 jedi which are useable in the yoda event and the seperatist assault battle. Pretty sure doing that alone cuts down your need for omegas quite significantly.

If you want to collect then thats fine bur not sure how completing events is to do with collections...

You need Pao for HSTR... That pretty much says it all. Then there are platoons in TB (no omegas there... ok). There there is TW... which is where you now need amazing amount of solid teams, which requires amazing amounts of omegas.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    People like to see things from their perspective which is why most people try to debate this by saying "I don't have the same problem, therefore it's your lack of management and there's no problem with omegas in the game". This doesn't really mean anything, first of all not all of us started the game at the same time. Not all of us play with the same level of competitiveness and not all of us have the same expectations from the game.

I hate it when people use the argument that not all events are meant to be completed as this clearly shows that my point is correct and the only reason why they arguing is because they are underachievers, no pun intended. If your philosophy is that you should leave events hanging and not participate because it's normal then you are clearly wrong. All events are there so we participate in all of them for example I'm unable to complete any tiers of the ewok event and I'm most likely not going to be able to do that but that's not out of choice, it's because of this very own problem we are discussing. And honestly it's consting me that I'm unable to do it.
    Then you have mythic events with significant rewards that really hurt not being able to finish them. My point is that whether you're looking at it from a competitive stand point, or a casual stand point, being locked out certain content due to lack of ability materials is kind of hurting your competitive capabilities as well as spoiling the fun.

The argument that there has to be a crunch so that the game stays interesting, or that the scarcity of omegas keeps them from being devalued is one that crumbles due to the fact that this role is no longer a role for omegas, but rather for zetas.

Before people abuse my words and devalued their worth, let me state that I DON'T think that omegas should be as widely available as purple mats and that you should be able to fully imega every character in the game. I simply believe that currently are a problem, don't jump to the extremes and say something ignorant as "ohh so you want to be able to Omega every character?". That's clearly not what I'm asking.

What I'm asking is one of 2 things: either remove the Omega requirement to zeta characters. Or increase the rewards from Omega battles to around 5-10 per event.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    5-10 per event???

I can see the argument that we should be able to get a few omegas more per week, but that's too much.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    5-10 per event???

I can see the argument that we should be able to get a few omegas more per week, but that's too much.

That's literally 1 ability bruh, relax
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    5-10 per event???

Obviously it would be 2-3 for the easier tiers and there would be a tougher tier for the last couple
  • Options
    5-10 per event???

That's literally 1 ability bruh, relax

Lol you’re the one that’s excited
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah Jawas are bad but you need them for Crit damage mods which are the most important in the game.

Yeah, but you don’t need to have omegas on jawas for their challenge. You don’t even have to have them at high gear.

There’s a fallacy at work throughout this discussion. Because a character exists does not mean a character needs to be maxed out. Manage your resources. Max the ones that need maxing, and when you’re done with them then you get ahead of the curve by maxing others. (Or horde resources, but that’s no fun...)

You’re not wrong about there being a crunch. What you’re wrong about is how severe the crunch is. 10-12 a week is what we should be getting. We’re currently getting 8-9. They said they’re speeding up acquisition—but didn’t say how—so just be patient and look out for changes. Already we’ve got Mythic Assault Battles easing things a little, but I don’t think that’s the end of it. I bet the new ship pve board plays a role.

My only maxed Jawa is dathcha. I am still short omegas on Phoenix. I'd say I've been pretty conservative with how I use them

I put omegas on my jawas a long time ago because I wanted to, for whatever that’s worth. Just not the genric Jawa, though, because his abilities just add effects that don’t really matter.

As heretical as it sounds, unless I’m saving up for a zeta or there’s a character I’m specifically working on I just scroll down until I see someone with a red number and give them an omega...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    1 omega daily from completing activities.
    Ability mats challenge x3, 3x/week
    Ship ability mats x2, 3x/ week

Occasional omega challenge
    Occasional omega drop from Cantina farming

I average 17-18/week, not counting occasionally buying 1 from Fleet Store. It's supposed to b a bottleneck and we r supposed to manage resources. I save mine like crazy. Nobody new gets an omega or zeta until I've done my research, checked forums, watched videos.

We get more than enuf as long as we manage them properly.

I have applied 23 zetas thus far and am currently sitting on 3 more. I assume, as an occasional spender (Dolphin) that got a jump early on ships...that is about average.

You get omega's from there? Personally 8 never count that as an income of omega's because drop rate is so low. It is just a bonus if those ever drop any.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

I average 17-18/week, not counting occasionally buying 1 from Fleet Store. It's supposed to b a bottleneck and we r supposed to manage resources. I save mine like crazy. Nobody new gets an omega or zeta until I've done my research, checked forums, watched videos.

I have applied 23 zetas thus far and am currently sitting on 3 more. I assume, as an occasional spender (Dolphin) that got a jump early on ships...that is about average.

You get omega's from there? Personally 8 never count that as an income of omega's because drop rate is so low. It is just a bonus if those ever drop any.

The rate is low, but you get enough bites at those respective apples over the course of a week that you can reasonably count on an extra 2-3 per week.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options

I see 1 out of 3 attempts on average for mat challenge. Now and then get 1 or 2 from zeta challenge. Almost never get any from cantina... think I've gotten two total in the entire time I've been playing. I also rarely get them from GW... rarely.

I'd go as far as to say that none of those things mentioned are consistant enough to be counted, save the ability mat challenge.
  • Options
    Never ever ever count on omegas in cantina. Not a stats guy but I have almost all of those crazy cantina node toons to 7* and I think I have less than 10 omegas total from there and 6 of them were from double drops.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options

The rate is low, but you get enough bites at those respective apples over the course of a week that you can reasonably count on an extra 2-3 per week.

2-3 I could agree with not 10 from those.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

2-3 I could agree with not 10 from those.

Oh, yeah, for sure. The guy claiming to get 10 PLUS the daily completion is full of it :P
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I don't buy them

Well sometimes gear 7-9 toons can be viable in certain events if you have the right omegas on them

and thats the choice you made. this game is all about choices and you picked omegas over gear.

I dont count myself as an underachiever. I think the first event i have not pushed out to finish the last tier first time around was the BH wampa tier.

I dont have an omega issue right now. i have 67. my happy zone is around 100, but i have been spending zetas to get ready for this TW.

no i am not saying we couldn't use some help, but i have never been in a situation where i think an omega would make a difference that i would spend them unnecessarily.

we all have our way to manage our resources, and omegas are a hard one now with zetas around, but it can be done.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options

I have 107 abilities max out with omegas including bobas contract spread over 38 characters.

I'm curious. What possessed u to zeta Hera ? Sabine, Ezra and Kanan have great zetas, Zeb and Hera, way too niche.
  • Options

I'm curious. What possessed u to zeta Hera ? Sabine, Ezra and Kanan have great zetas, Zeb and Hera, way too niche.

I started playing 4 May 2017 and had a fully developed Phoenix Team and was 85 by the time we got the CG Annvy gift. I had read an old thread that Hera was an awesome lead and my mind went all stupid with dreams of 7* Thrawn. As soon as I had done it, it was honestly instant regret. I was seriously mad at myself for not putting it on Finn first. Learning curve is steep In this game.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Totally understand, i put a zeta on GMYoda, then after testing, decided Ezra was a better fit under zQGJ. Thats when i decided i'd never waste another 1
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

That’s all I need from yah. Admitting that some help would be nice.
    Kyno wrote: »

I don't buy them

and thats the choice you made. this game is all about choices and you picked omegas over gear.

I dont count myself as an underachiever. I think the first event i have not pushed out to finish the last tier first time around was the BH wampa tier.

I dont have an omega issue right now. i have 67. my happy zone is around 100, but i have been spending zetas to get ready for this TW.

no i am not saying we couldn't use some help, but i have never been in a situation where i think an omega would make a difference that i would spend them unnecessarily.

we all have our way to manage our resources, and omegas are a hard one now with zetas around, but it can be done.

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Focus on one or two toons at a time. You'll never run out of resources. Spreading yourself too thin in this game is a sure way to fall behind. Plan a few months ahead and never look back. Yes, you need many teams to collect certain toons or contribute to certain events. No, you won't reach your goal of collecting Traya, CLS, RJT, HYoda or Wampa in a few months if you start right now. SWGOH is the long haul. No shortcuts other than a fat wallet and and equally fat guild.