Omega crunch is painful!

Replies

• PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    It's not a proof of anything - it is a demonstration that Omegas are a serious pain. I get resource management. It just sucks to get a new toon (say, Sion), and use all your purple ability mats. Then 5 or so days later you can omega an ability. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Eventually all of his abilities are omega'd, and you have another 2 weeks of saving omegas to apply his zeta.
    Meanwhile, your zeta stockpile continues increasing...

Yea, as you can see that isn't a problem for me. I'm keeping a "safety stock" for exactly those situations.
    Coincedentillly that's also the reason why i haven't omega'd "held by hatret". It's a highly situation omega that only comes into play when you're using that special and your Sion's health is below 20%.
    Granted, if i were using sion in arena i would have omega'd that ability since i've got the mats and i like my arena toons maxed.

Well don't you see how bad this is? A character that you most likely use in arena every day and you still won't Omega them just to be safe... That shouldn't be the case
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    It's not a proof of anything - it is a demonstration that Omegas are a serious pain. I get resource management. It just sucks to get a new toon (say, Sion), and use all your purple ability mats. Then 5 or so days later you can omega an ability. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Eventually all of his abilities are omega'd, and you have another 2 weeks of saving omegas to apply his zeta.

Yea, as you can see that isn't a problem for me. I'm keeping a "safety stock" for exactly those situations.
    Coincedentillly that's also the reason why i haven't omega'd "held by hatret". It's a highly situation omega that only comes into play when you're using that special and your Sion's health is below 20%.
    Granted, if i were using sion in arena i would have omega'd that ability since i've got the mats and i like my arena toons maxed.

Well don't you see how bad this is? A character that you most likely use in arena every day and you still won't Omega them just to be safe... That shouldn't be the case

First of all, i almost never use sion. I only geared him to be ready for when i unlock traya. I'm still waiting for him to become farmable. Like i said, if i were to use him in arena i would have omega'd him just to have him max, not because it's a usefull omega.
    secondly, I honestly don't see how it is bad thing to not omega that ability. Like i said, it just adds very little. It's just not worth it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

First of all, i almost never use sion. I only geared him to be ready for when i unlock traya. I'm still waiting for him to become farmable. Like i said, if i were to use him in arena i would have omega'd him just to have him max, not because it's a usefull omega.
    secondly, I honestly don't see how it is bad thing to not omega that ability. Like i said, it just adds very little. It's just not worth it.

Exactly..... That little red light that appears doesn't mean you HAVE to press the button....
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If you're putting an omega on a toon just "to be safe" then there's your problem. Even if you're using it in arena.

I have run CLS lead in arena for a long time and I still have only given him IBAT. There's two other zetas I have not given him because I'm not convinced it's worth spending the resources. And yeah zeta not omega, but point stands.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    That's the problem most here have..... You don't NEED anything....

If you want it all at once, open your wallet..... Otherwise patience and focus on one thing at a time.....

Perfect.

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Emmant wrote: »
    Try for a moment and imagine what the game would be like if everyone had mostly g12/full skilled teams - I trust we can agree that there’s no elaborate strategies involved here

Can't even imagine what my arena shard would be like... no wait.
    Can't even imagine what GW would be like... no wait.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They are older content, its not like they were brought up to help deal with the current crunch.

but you can manage around it, just have to be selective.

you mean manage the 100 plus characters that need them 3-6 times each? yeah that makes sense...............keeping at one sees so sensible when thought about like that. :D

Who said the "need them". It's all about management, yes you will run out if you think they all "need them".

but you do need them on every character. every time you think that, they do something with a group youve never bothered with and ur totally done because theres ANOTHER event you have to miss because of "selective omegas". nice try but

Or you just skip that event because those omega mats are put to better use elsewhere. It's about making choices. You can't do it all with the resources provided by the game. That's not entirely true, because a day 1 player who ranks high in both arena's and got his act together can probably do it all. Unfortunately i'm not one of those players, but i don't have a hard time accepting that fact.
    There was i time where i had literally completed everything there was to complete, it was boring as heck. Having nothing left to strive for is a motivation killer.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    They are older content, its not like they were brought up to help deal with the current crunch.

but you can manage around it, just have to be selective.

you mean manage the 100 plus characters that need them 3-6 times each? yeah that makes sense...............keeping at one sees so sensible when thought about like that. :D

Who said the "need them". It's all about management, yes you will run out if you think they all "need them".

but you do need them on every character. every time you think that, they do something with a group youve never bothered with and ur totally done because theres ANOTHER event you have to miss because of "selective omegas". nice try but

That's the whole point of the game..... You are supposed to achieve one thing at a time.... Not everything at once.....

That's why they run events more than once... So you can pick what you want most and get ready for it....

People who panic farm or spread their resources too thin, do so by choice..... Unfortunately they tend to blame the Devs and want the game to be changed to suit their way of playing it rather than adapting to the game and playing it the way it is set up to be played...
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If you're putting an omega on a toon just "to be safe" then there's your problem. Even if you're using it in arena.

I have run CLS lead in arena for a long time and I still have only given him IBAT. There's two other zetas I have not given him because I'm not convinced it's worth spending the resources. And yeah zeta not omega, but point stands.

2 points, CLS needs both uniques in arena, I also haven't zetad his lead even tho I've used him in arena for a long time for the same reason. I'm not wasteful with my zetas or omegas, I know you got that impression but it's not true
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    That's the problem most here have..... You don't NEED anything....

If you want it all at once, open your wallet..... Otherwise patience and focus on one thing at a time.....

Perfect.

I never said I get everything that's available, I have left characters without zetas and omegas despite using them alot
  • Options
    Here some actual numbers to look at that demonstrate the seriousness of the Omega Crunch. I took this screenshot just now. So I need 70+ omegas just to equip the zetas...
    https://imgur.com/a/uizw5pB

Just wait for the next OP toon with 6 abilities of which all 6 will have 5 omegas each and two will have 13 + 13 omegas to zeta them. Do the math, it gets depressing.

What you are saying there is impossible. An ability cannot have an omega tier and a zeta tier.

Tbh i think this thread is beating a dead horse now. I see the points from both camps.

I got what you were originally saying but your example of omegas every time in ability mat challenge was too much. Do we want more mats? Sure but at a rate that wont feel like too much.

I think there is a middle ground somewhere that omegas arent quite the bottleneck they are atm howwevver still providing some aspect of choosing carefully which ones you need to do and when to keep for a zeta. I also think they are working on that with all the additional omegs sources we are getting
  • Stokat
    830 posts Member
    Options
    I have never seen omegas to be a big crunch, partly because you’ll get at least 7/week so you can always save up and prioritize and partly because not all toons NEED all abilities omegad to be useful. The real crunch, in my opinion, is certain gear that all toons really do need because without a decent gear level every toon is pretty useless.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly what I get from all of these replies is that people are acting like omegas are godly. They way many of you speak about managing your omegas makes it sound like omegas are even more important than zetas.

To be honest some Omega upgrades are awesome, they make a big difference in the way a character performs for example in the case of Phoenix squadron they even share their uniques so those omegas apply to all of them, which is nothing but a compensation for thier weak stand alone kits but you get the point. So sure some omegas are really strong but most of them are not and you people are acting like they are insane.

It's a contradiction on it's own that you admit that many omegas are worth skipping altogether and yet you value that ability material so high at the same time. Like think about it, if so many Omega abilities are just plain bad then how is the material so valuable and why would it be a game braker if people actually got to Omega all of those abilities?

You're acting like if omegas wasn't so scarce that the game would die and players would quit because they have "done it all" and that's simply not the case. You also seem to forget the existence of zetas. I mean seriously you ask for Omega bottle neck and you say it's a good thing when omegas isn't what makes squads viable, 99% of the time it's the zetas that do that and they are already hard to aquire.

And no I haven't been wasteful with my omegas, I have almost no omegas on my phoenix except Kanan and Ezra and they are a main faction. I have no omegas on my FO except kylo, pilot and officer. I have no omegas on 90% of my Jedi, no omegas on ANY of my bounty Hunters except Boba and 1 Omega on IG88, even tho they are a main faction and used in TB special missions. I skipped omegas on leaderships on very useful characters because I don't use them as leaders, like Leia, Daka and Dooku. So you don't speak to me about sacrifice and management, I know management better than 99% of the players and I'm telling you that no matter how good your management is you'll always have a trouble getting enough of them.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Here some actual numbers to look at that demonstrate the seriousness of the Omega Crunch. I took this screenshot just now. So I need 70+ omegas just to equip the zetas...

Just wait for the next OP toon with 6 abilities of which all 6 will have 5 omegas each and two will have 13 + 13 omegas to zeta them. Do the math, it gets depressing.

What you are saying there is impossible. An ability cannot have an omega tier and a zeta tier.

Tbh i think this thread is beating a dead horse now. I see the points from both camps.

I got what you were originally saying but your example of omegas every time in ability mat challenge was too much. Do we want more mats? Sure but at a rate that wont feel like too much.

I think there is a middle ground somewhere that omegas arent quite the bottleneck they are atm howwevver still providing some aspect of choosing carefully which ones you need to do and when to keep for a zeta. I also think they are working on that with all the additional omegs sources we are getting

What's the problem with getting "too many" omegas? Even if you fully Omega a squad that won't make them viable in arena, let alone raids. It's the zetas that do that so your point contradicts itself mate
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Even if we went to the extreme case of having an unlimited supply of omegas it still would have no effect on the game. Use your logic, it's NEVER omegas that make a squad viable in arena or raids. When was the last time you saw a 0 zeta squad with just omegas dominate the meta? You are acting like you're blind to the existence of zetas! I mean seriously when was the last time a team in a raid pulled big numbers without any zetas?

Even if you had an infinite amount of omegas it would mean nothing without the necessary zetas. And then don't also forget about gear! You are also acting blind to the fact that a gear 8-9 team even with all their zetas wouldn't perform anywhere near where they are supposed to at g11-12 so not only are zetas the limiting factor but so is gear. So please don't act like omegas are that important cause they are not.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    GK says hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Even if we went to the extreme case of having an unlimited supply of omegas it still would have no effect on the game. Use your logic, it's NEVER omegas that make a squad viable in arena or raids. When was the last time you saw a 0 zeta squad with just omegas dominate the meta? You are acting like you're blind to the existence of zetas! I mean seriously when was the last time a team in arena pulled big numbers without any zetas?

Even if you had an infinite amount of omegas it would mean nothing without the necessary zetas. And then don't also forget about gear! You are also acting blind to the fact that a gear 8-9 team even with all their zetas wouldn't perform anywhere near where they are supposed to at g11-12 so not only are zetas the limiting factor but so is gear. So please don't act like omegas are that important cause they are not.

There is more tomthis game than arena and raids.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Even if we went to the extreme case of having an unlimited supply of omegas it still would have no effect on the game. Use your logic, it's NEVER omegas that make a squad viable in arena or raids.

Do you even realize what you're implying here?
  • Options

What's the problem with getting "too many" omegas? Even if you fully Omega a squad that won't make them viable in arena, let alone raids. It's the zetas that do that so your point contradicts itself mate

How have i contradicted myself? I never said anything about arena or raids. If you are going down that road tell me how many different toons you need for all raids and arena, then tell me how mang omegas you need. Bet you dont need more
    So yh, Not really. The omega drop rate far exceeds that of zetas. There is no real resource management with zetas unless you are very much towards the end. The majority of people that have the oppurtunity to put on a zeta will.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Even if we went to the extreme case of having an unlimited supply of omegas it still would have no effect on the game. Use your logic, it's NEVER omegas that make a squad viable in arena or raids. When was the last time you saw a 0 zeta squad with just omegas dominate the meta? You are acting like you're blind to the existence of zetas! I mean seriously when was the last time a team in arena pulled big numbers without any zetas?

If that's the case then I don't see why people would care, so what if someone omegad their ewoks for the event? Why does that affect the game negatively?
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Even if we went to the extreme case of having an unlimited supply of omegas it still would have no effect on the game. Use your logic, it's NEVER omegas that make a squad viable in arena or raids.

I'm not implying anything, I simply try to expose those who act like omegas are so powerful that have to limited when in reality that's not their purpose, that's the job of zetas
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

How have i contradicted myself? I never said anything about arena or raids. If you are going down that road tell me how many different toons you need for all raids and arena, then tell me how mang omegas you need. Bet you dont need more
    So yh, Not really. The omega drop rate far exceeds that of zetas. There is no real resource management with zetas unless you are very much towards the end. The majority of people that have the oppurtunity to put on a zeta will.

But the majority of new players are working with 2-3 squads at the most not 6-10. Newer players are limited by gear because they haven't ran enough raids to be able to max more than 2-3 squads. Of course Omega aquisition should increase the longer someone has played
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

If that's the case then I don't see why people would care, so what if someone omegad their ewoks for the event? Why does that affect the game negatively?

Because if everyone omega'd everything, they would have a much easier time of beating all of the top tiers and character acquisition would be too easy... Which is not what this game is meant to be....

I get absence of satisfaction out of dropping an omega on a toon and a sense of accomplishment when I beat an event and unlock a toon..... That's what this game is supposed to be about....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I'm not implying anything, I simply try to expose those who act like omegas are so powerful that have to limited when in reality that's not their purpose, that's the job of zetas

You implied that omega's are only usefull when used to zeta an ability, wich is the direct opposite from what you actually think. I mean, come on man.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

Because if everyone omega'd everything, they would have a much easier time of beating all of the top tiers and character acquisition would be too easy... Which is not what this game is meant to be....

I get absence of satisfaction out of dropping an omega on a toon and a sense of accomplishment when I beat an event and unlock a toon..... That's what this game is supposed to be about....

So you think an Omega would be a determining factor to get characters? Since when? We've only had a few legendaries and I'm sure omegas are the last thing that they depend on. The only event that was a challenge without omegas was Thrawn. So what? Everyone has him now anyways, I did it with g7-8 phoenix and I had only about half the omegas. It's more about mods than omegas. This whole argument is invalid.

Also if you get a sense of accomplishment from dropping omegas then I'm sorry but you're too outdated, this is what zetas are for. Also don't assume that your sense of accomplishment is the same as mine
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

You implied that omega's are only usefull when used to zeta an ability, wich is the direct opposite from what you actually think. I mean, come on man.

I didn't say that, I mentioned that some Omega upgrades are pretty awesome, but honestly having 40 zetas on the bank and not being able to use them because of lack of omegas, or even of I had enough omegas to use them, now I don't have enough omegas to Omega other toons
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

So you think an Omega would be a determining factor to get characters? Since when? We've only had a few legendaries and I'm sure omegas are the last thing that they depend on. The only event that was a challenge without omegas was Thrawn. So what? Everyone has him now anyways, I did it with g7-8 phoenix and I had only about half the omegas. It's more about mods than omegas. This whole argument is invalid.

Also if you get a sense of accomplishment from dropping omegas then I'm sorry but you're too outdated, this is what zetas are for. Also don't assume that your sense of accomplishment is the same as mine

It's not about omegas vs Zetas..... Every step in the process brings a sense of satisfaction....

Im not making any assumptions.... I am playing a game the way it is set up to be played... You are the one assuming the way you play the game is the way everyone plays the game and that your view of the game is the one everyone shares when it is not..... It's evident in your zeta or nothing attitude.....

What does give you a sense of satisfaction in the game?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    All this bickering back and forth about entitlement is pretty pointless.
    Short and simple is that the game has evolved heavily since omegas were introduced. The methods in how we get them haven’t kept up with that evolution. I laid out two ways that this could alleviate the crunch earlier while still maintaining the health of the game. Both ways didn’t appease people because two years to omega every ability was too quick. Do one or the other and it’s increased to either 3.5 years or 4 years to omega every ability. Again not including zeta requirements.
    TLDR: there’s ways to fix the crunch. Either guarantee an omega drop each roll of the ability mat challenge or guarantee an omega per completion of GW campaigns. Simple