Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• Options
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Again, frustrated or not ya'll need to follow the forum rules. I've removed some posts chatting about moderation because it's breaking one of the rules. This isn't acceptable. Full stop.

Snow flakes melting all over EA.
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Latest feedback: This Raid is still extremely boring and sad. Nice work tying it to G12.5 and the cash cow you made it. Too bad you couldn’t have made all that while keeping it fun.

This...

Also 5 months ago this was said...
    "However, we are constantly evaluating the player's experience with the raids through a combination of data we collect on our side and player sentiment through the forums to see if there is drift from our expectations. At present, we're happy with the health of the raid and how players are making their way through it. If we begin to see something that causes major concern, we'll address as soon as reasonably possible."

55 pages later, 5 months of ignore later people still waiting on "We'll address as soon as reasonably possible"

man i miss kozi's 3k + posts more than ever

You keep referencing kozi. She essentially did the same thing as is currently happening she just posted memes to keep people thinking she was interested. 9 times out of 10 they had no merit in the conversation. Go back and take them into context of the situation and see what she ever really answered. She was the manager when they left during Thanksgiving with a very poorly thought out DS TB.
  • Options
    My only problem with the raid is Nihilus. Nothing sucks more than having to re-do an attempt because an unlucky series of RNG resulted in your toon being annihilated halfway through the battle.

I have no other complaints. It's high level content, so it should be difficult. They just need to take the RNG nature of Nihilus out.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Latest feedback: This Raid is still extremely boring and sad. Nice work tying it to G12.5 and the cash cow you made it. Too bad you couldn’t have made all that while keeping it fun.

This...

"However, we are constantly evaluating the player's experience with the raids through a combination of data we collect on our side and player sentiment through the forums to see if there is drift from our expectations. At present, we're happy with the health of the raid and how players are making their way through it. If we begin to see something that causes major concern, we'll address as soon as reasonably possible."

55 pages later, 5 months of ignore later people still waiting on "We'll address as soon as reasonably possible"

You keep referencing kozi. She essentially did the same thing as is currently happening she just posted memes to keep people thinking she was interested. 9 times out of 10 they had no merit in the conversation. Go back and take them into context of the situation and see what she ever really answered. She was the manager when they left during Thanksgiving with a very poorly thought out DS TB.

That right she was in the forums, you knew she was alive. Did not start threads and ignore them for 50 pages. If kozi was undesireable what exactly do we have now ?
  • Options
    Good Day Dev's - I would say the biggest issue with the Sith Raid that my Guild has with it would be the amount of time it take to get through it. It seems like it takes forever and it does which limits the participation by guild members. Our guild GP is at 45mil and we usually do the 3 star raid.

To me, the 2nd and 3rd stages are the most fun. The 1st and last stages **** me off most times. =) I think the 2nd and 3rd stages are the most fun because those are the only stages where you can do a good amount of damage. The 1st and last stages seem like it is way overkill, where you are fighting three of the baddest dark side characters ever. With guilds like mine it's going to take years, if we even ever make it, till we can do the heroic raid.

I always use my top 5 teams in order of who does the most damage which includes Jedi, Empire, Rebels, FO, and last team is always mixed. Maybe it's just me, but for all the stages, it seems like they get enraged way to fast. Increasing the amount of time it takes to make them enraged would help us get through the raid faster which I think would help with participation.
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” - Yoda
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb do you have an update? Any update at all? It’s been two weeks and you said you would update us within a week or two. Even if it’s to say there’s no update, some sort of post would do well to quell frustration. Especially considering this thread was starred in May and answers were promised that same month. 2 and a half months is long enough
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Any ever notice they get enrage with 1 turn still on the counter? I want to use my abilities with 1 turn left on cool down if they can.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I know it's been a while since we had an update for you on this issue but I wanted to follow up here to let folks know we are still working on this and it hasn't fallen to the way side. Unfortunately I don't have any announcements to make regarding exact changes at the moment but we should have a more detailed update sometime in the next week or 2 to share with everyone.

@CG_SBCrumb Well, it’s now been over two weeks and there’s no update. Do you have a new date that you plan to give us our long awaited update on the raid?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    It’s becoming obvious the only care they have is filling thier pockets,before the get shut down, with over $500 worth of micros in store.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    c6nx3g5anr70.png
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    c6nx3g5anr70.png

I don't think it'll be so elegant... more like
    9LTywze8nf-2.png
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • happy_guy193
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

This...

That right she was in the forums, you knew she was alive. Did not start threads and ignore them for 50 pages. If kozi was undesireable what exactly do we have now ?

Her being alive is separate from her being invested in a resolution. So if crumb came in and posted some passive agressive meme once a day you would be happy ? I am happy she isn't here anymore because people mistaking the memes for progress often gave them a pass to keep ignoring problems. All that needs to happen is a weekly update like hey these are things we see as community concerns and where they actually stand. No grand gestures. No mixed messages. No memes.
    Post edited by happy_guy193 on
  • Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    My only problem with the raid is Nihilus. Nothing sucks more than having to re-do an attempt because an unlucky series of RNG resulted in your toon being annihilated halfway through the battle.

I have no other complaints. It's high level content, so it should be difficult. They just need to take the RNG nature of Nihilus out.

I was aggravated just like you. And then I finished farming visas and if modded correctly you won't ever restart P1 again.

I will also say that I hated the raid but if you watch the videos the only RNG dependent phase is P3 and even now without gearing my characters it's becoming more of a nuisance than me outright hating P3.

As we improve the raid isn't terrible. I think the problem is they should say things like we have character releases that will mitigate the problem planned. If you are F2P you may experience some growing pains but in the long run it will be worth it.

The problem is the rewards and even there I see the logic. The raid can be finished by 20 people or less. Often times many people put forth little effort. The effort is a result of not liking the raid. CG is rewarding the people who are carrying each guild to completion and I understand it.

• Options

I was aggravated just like you. And then I finished farming visas and if modded correctly you won't ever restart P1 again.

I will also say that I hated the raid but if you watch the videos the only RNG dependent phase is P3 and even now without gearing my characters it's becoming more of a nuisance than me outright hating P3.

As we improve the raid isn't terrible. I think the problem is they should say things like we have character releases that will mitigate the problem planned. If you are F2P you may experience some growing pains but in the long run it will be worth it.

The problem is the rewards and even there I see the logic. The raid can be finished by 20 people or less. Often times many people put forth little effort. The effort is a result of not liking the raid. CG is rewarding the people who are carrying each guild to completion and I understand it.

True as it may be I think the logic is deeply flawed for several reasons:
    1)certain phases are much easier than others so while you might be carrying your team through p1 bad luck can mean an opportunist might score higher than you if they get in on an easy phase and you don't
    2)even if you're doing the bulk of the work bar being in a mega guild of heavy hitters you still need that small contribution from the rest of the guild to complete it; if they post 0s the top 10 might not have enough of the right teams to complete it. Rewards, even at heroic, shouldn't be based on what the top .01% of guilds can achieve with primarily 10 players
    3)it still leaves non-heroic guilds out in the cold since the rewards aren't even worth it for #1 in the raid; the top 10 might be carrying everyone else but honestly a 0 in hpit gives better rewards than a top 10 spot in a non-heroic tier. There's something terribly wrong when I get better value for hitting the "join" button on hpit than trying to be top 10 in a tier 1-6 sith raid.
    4)it ignores that if you meet the listed minimum requirements of a non-heroic tier the guild is looking at anywhere from 1-4 TBs worth of time grinding it to competition (depending on guild participation, tier, and toons) yet we're not anywhere close to getting rewards scaled to that time commitment.

The logic would be fine if the rewards actually reflected that logic. As it is it appears that the devs had literally no idea how hard the raid would be if you lacked 50 people all with very specific teams geared & modded to the peak of their ability. The rewards as it stands only have some semblance of logic if the devs thought a guild meeting the listed minimum for each tier would blow through non-heroic faster than hpit.
  • Options

True as it may be I think the logic is deeply flawed for several reasons:
    1)certain phases are much easier than others so while you might be carrying your team through p1 bad luck can mean an opportunist might score higher than you if they get in on an easy phase and you don't
    2)even if you're doing the bulk of the work bar being in a mega guild of heavy hitters you still need that small contribution from the rest of the guild to complete it; if they post 0s the top 10 might not have enough of the right teams to complete it. Rewards, even at heroic, shouldn't be based on what the top .01% of guilds can achieve with primarily 10 players
    3)it still leaves non-heroic guilds out in the cold since the rewards aren't even worth it for #1 in the raid; the top 10 might be carrying everyone else but honestly a 0 in hpit gives better rewards than a top 10 spot in a non-heroic tier. There's something terribly wrong when I get better value for hitting the "join" button on hpit than trying to be top 10 in a tier 1-6 sith raid.
    4)it ignores that if you meet the listed minimum requirements of a non-heroic tier the guild is looking at anywhere from 1-4 TBs worth of time grinding it to competition (depending on guild participation, tier, and toons) yet we're not anywhere close to getting rewards scaled to that time commitment.

The logic would be fine if the rewards actually reflected that logic. As it is it appears that the devs had literally no idea how hard the raid would be if you lacked 50 people all with very specific teams geared & modded to the peak of their ability. The rewards as it stands only have some semblance of logic if the devs thought a guild meeting the listed minimum for each tier would blow through non-heroic faster than hpit.

1) In rebuttal so if your going for the absolute best RNG each time then yes it will always be frustrating and any logic outside of that would be flawed. Having visas and understanding the mods needed for P1 can put you running 4 million minimum no restarts. If someone consistently outscores me hats off to their commitment not my rng.

2) In my non whale mostly f2p guild there are 15 zero posts every raid and many scores under 2 million. The rewards they get signify the effort put in. If you are in a guild that is narrowly finishing each raid maybe that logic is flawed but I guarantee you after a month of clears it won't be.

3) non heroic tiers probably need looked at.

4) I don't understand your logic so I have no answer.

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Used to finish first every time on tier 5. Got Rancor level rewards. Seriously, Fusion Furnace pieces aren't going to help me to progress anymore.

Decided to start phoning it in. Finished 40th and received a fully craft mkiii carbanti.

Motivation to put any effort into this raid fell to non-existent at that very moment.

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hey folks! I have an update on some of the upcoming changes to STR

Some pretty exiting stuff based on all your feedback!
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    We’re trying tier 6 just to get it out of the way: 90m in points cumulatively and we’re 1/2 way through phase 1 - how much health is Nihilus dipped to have exactly??
  • Options
    We've a more recent thread to collect feedback on the changes here. Please put your feedback there as I'm going to close this thread down
This discussion has been closed.