Most Effective/Lowest GP team to take out a solo CLS

Once in awhile you will end up with a solo CLS left in a TW battle. The puzzle is to compose the lowest GP team to take out that single CLS toon. Assume the CLS is fully geared (3x G12), zetad x3, +110 speed above base, in leader position, and will be primed to go first no matter your toons speed.

Replies

• Options
    I personally try and use multiple toons that will stun CLS and not let him get a turn in there, maybe with DN to make things a bit quicker if you have him available.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Another CLS? If he goes first and your CLS counters then he'd hopefully be ripe for stunning? Then it's easy from there.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Put a bounty on him. BH's are a great offensive team in TW.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe try imperial probe droid
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    Maybe try imperial probe droid

IPD is great for these situations. Just make sure he's not so squishy that CLS 1-shots him, cuz then it's a waste.
  • Options
    You would also need someone with tenacity down. I agree with th bh solution. If not I'll make a combo out of kylo (m), phasma, ewok elder, tfp, royal guard. Or something along the lines
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A 60k team with reliable stun or health debuff. Solo CLS can wipe full g8 85 teams pretty easy though.

If looking to try with trash randoms maybe RG, Cad Bane, Vet Han Solo would be minimum team? VHS and Cad for damage, they all have a stun and RG can take some hits and VHS has ability block. Risky though because somone will probably get instagibbed.
  • Drakkon
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Decent Ewoks will kill a lone CLS
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Someone in my last guild took a maxed cls on his own out with a g11 qgj g10 gmy and a g8 raid han.
  • TheFoxReDux
    255 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Some good ideas. My idea is farmboy luke and RG. Mod a farmboy to be fast and the stuns will keep CLS locked down once he throws on his buff. Another was Count **** and RG. LOL... Doo..kie is filtered.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    I bet Jyn Erso solo with a stun zeta would have a chance. She'd kind of need him with his buff up so she could get lucky on the number of counters, but she could potentially keep him from ever going if she didn't die.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    what about just a decent r2 and raid Han? thinking he would be stunned plenty for han to shoot down
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Stun/Dodge teams work best against a solo CLS. Dooku or Old Ben lead with characters like Aayla, RG, Cad Bane, Farmboy Luke, Kylo Ren, etc. all work well enough. Also the Acolyte/Zombie Cheese is extremely effective as long as your Acolyte can withstand one hit from CLS.
  • Options
    3* zombie and acolyte. It might take a while but cls alone will never get the acolyte out of stealth.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    gear 1 R2 and a ton load of luck on your side
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    No way.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Once in awhile you will end up with a solo CLS left in a TW battle. The puzzle is to compose the lowest GP team to take out that single CLS toon. Assume the CLS is fully geared (3x G12), zetad x3, +110 speed above base, in leader position, and will be primed to go first no matter your toons speed.

I use the following technique but you need to mod the team correctly (it doesn't take God mods)...

I use wedge (gr 8) biggs (gr10) vet chewie (gr8) vet Han (gr8) and cap Han solo (gr 8)
    Wedge and biggs aren't essential but you will need a strong attacker preferably who can call assists or a reasonably strong tank (a low geared royal guard with lots of health and protection is perfect)

Any way my method

The basic idea is to use the vets and Han to inflict speed down daze and stuns long enough for Wiggs to take them out. You can't use any secondary attacks until CLS has used call to action and cap Han has inflicted daze (THIS IS CRUCIAL). After that point you unleash the vets... if you can inflict both stun and speed down quickly CLS will fall.

All characters will need as much extra speed as possible but as I said God mods aren't necessary. The vets and cap han need potency and any mods that increase survivability. These are the 3 that you should apply extra speed to as they are the key to defeating CLS.

I hope that helps
  • Options
    Objakenodi wrote: »

I use the following technique but you need to mod the team correctly (it doesn't take God mods)...

I use wedge (gr 8) biggs (gr10) vet chewie (gr8) vet Han (gr8) and cap Han solo (gr 8)
    Wedge and biggs aren't essential but you will need a strong attacker preferably who can call assists or a reasonably strong tank (a low geared royal guard with lots of health and protection is perfect)

Any way my method

The basic idea is to use the vets and Han to inflict speed down daze and stuns long enough for Wiggs to take them out. You can't use any secondary attacks until CLS has used call to action and cap Han has inflicted daze (THIS IS CRUCIAL). After that point you unleash the vets... if you can inflict both stun and speed down quickly CLS will fall.

All characters will need as much extra speed as possible but as I said God mods aren't necessary. The vets and cap han need potency and any mods that increase survivability. These are the 3 that you should apply extra speed to as they are the key to defeating CLS.

I hope that helps

Obviously the same method could be used by any characters that can apply the same debuffs
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    Options
    i thought a raid han solo would work, assuming hed stun first time. but i actually went in and cls obv also had 100% turn meter and rng *flipped* me right up. Waste.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    Options
    My team is the two vets, farmboy, dooku and rg. They're all like g8 trash in my roster, but as long as cls goes offensive they can cycle stuns on him.
  • Options
    NS zombie and NS acolyte. G9 should be enough, modded for offense or crit dmg. Her special should give enough dmg and turn meter to whittle him down in 5 minutes. It'll be slow without a stunner though.
  • Options
    So I do it with Lumi (lead), FAT, and threw in Plo Kloon/EEth Koth for S&G's. My Fat is just g9 trash, Lumi keeps her alive and helps with buffs, Lumi needs some luck to AB CLS. Eeth might get lucky with a stun. nothing else to do with Jedi
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    My team is the two vets, farmboy, dooku and rg. They're all like g8 trash in my roster, but as long as cls goes offensive they can cycle stuns on him.

This is good too - at least in my roster none of them are worth putting on defense - but they have enough stuns and some beef between them to take down a rogue CLS for sure.

Farmboy lead and old rebs, Hoth namesless ones, they do the trick

I tend to go heavy on defense for my guild, which means I do a lot of clean up with what's left.

Nute Gunray lead with Jawas or NSA (if you don't use her for a real NS team) can also pull it off.

Teebo lead, ewok scout, with stunners/AB/tm removal will keep him under control - you play it like a mini rancor.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice