Asajj Ventress Limitations

Replies

  • Ninjah9
    661 posts Member
    My god, You guys please take this discussion somewhere else. Snoke is just another underdeveloped character in the new garbage trilogy. It's like you guys are trying to find hidden meanings the lyrics to the hokie pokie! Snoke was just a random made up character with less background story than Rey's parents. Just another blaring result of cutting off a franchise from its creative core, George Lucas.
  • Ninjah9
    661 posts Member
    And btw the way to all the doubters of Asajj Ventress' status as a sith. Refer to Clone wars season 3 episode 12 "Nightsisters" at 1:47 into the episode Palpatine refers to Asajj specifically as a "sith apprentice" hence she is a sith.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    The whole snapshot explanation is weak, I guarantee you there will never be another Ventress toon. Ventress absolutely is a sith, the comparison to Ashoka is spot on. And Ashoka fulcrum should be listed as a jedi too. My thought is the sith/jedi specials are shared because of light/dark powers of the force. So if they use the light/dark side of force they should benefit from those abilities. My main point is it makes characters more versatile and is justified by canon.And increases strong squad variation, making the game more fun. Another contradiction with Jarrus and Ezra is they have the jedi tag, not because they are officially part of the jedi order but because they utilize the force. Darth Maul and Savage disconnected from their sith masters, and they are still with. I think it would be cool if they benefited from being teamed up with the nightsisters.

    Totally WRONG. First off, bringing the sexist argument is utter kathleen kennedy ****. Kanan and Ezra simply want to become Jedi's or advance in the habits of Jedi. Same do Maul and Savage. Savage only because of his brother and the influence of Dooku, but Maul for his own sake.

    And now Ahsoka/ Ahsoka Fulcrum. There are 2 versions. 1 Jedi 1 not. Guess why? ... RIGHT! Ahsoka Tano is the padawan version still in the Jedi Order introduced by Plo Koon to become a Jedi. In Series 6 Ahsoka Tano leaves the Jedi Order. Later on she joins the rebellion to fight the Empire. So she ain't a Jedi anymore due to her own believe and will. Thats the Fulcrum Version.

    Asajj at one point has been Dookus apprentice. Correct. And Dooku called here therefor his sith apprentice. Right. But at one point she gets betrayed by Dooku so she starts to hate Dooku and the Sith and wants to take revenge on him with her nightsister allies. So as Fulcrum she is no SITH to her own will and believe. That is why Asajj in the game is such an important Nighstsister Leader because she lead on the Nightsisters in the fight against Grievous and Dookus Droid army. End of the story.

    Just because a Char is in the Game it doesnt mean this char has to get every potential tag it could have. It depends on which version of this char has been taken. Old Ben aint a Republic Char even though he fought for it all the time. Simply because at his older age the republic already had fallen.

    Try to look at it that way for all chars and it starts to make sense :)

    Oh and the use of the Force ain't an indicator at all. Mace Windu for example uses the dark side to channel his power for his Vaapad lightsabre technique. Should he be a Sith now too? I dont think so ;)



  • Ninjah9
    661 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @Elendior: "Asajj at one point has been Dookus apprentice. Correct. And Dooku called here therefor his sith apprentice. Right. But at one point she gets betrayed by Dooku so she starts to hate Dooku and the Sith and wants to take revenge on him with her nightsister allies. So as Fulcrum she is no SITH to her own will and believe. That is why Asajj in the game is such an important Nighstsister Leader because she lead on the Nightsisters in the fight against Grievous and Dookus Droid army. End of the story."

    Yea not quite pal, tell me why she has a separatist tag? Can't wait to hear you explain that one, lol

    I totally understand characters can't have all their tags from their entire timeline, that's just crazy. Unless of course its R2-D2, explain that one?
    I just believe being defined as a Sith is not really an association with a faction, but rather a being who utilizes the techniques of the dark side of the force. Like Maul and Savage. Not to mention sith have been at war with each other and killing each other off for thousands of years. So it isnt really a faction, just like two knights aren't allied with all knights in the universe simply because they are knights.
    One of the main points I'm trying to make is that she is a sith. A sith who fought with the nightsister, just like a jedi can fight alongside the galactic republic.

    "Oh and the use of the Force ain't an indicator at all. Mace Windu for example uses the dark side to channel his power for his Vaapad lightsabre technique. Should he be a Sith now too? I dont think so"
    That's just plain dumb, if I was using that logic (which I absolutely wasnt) I would say shes a jedi too. Nice try buddy, that was really cute ;)
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

    Yea not quite pal, tell me why she has a separatist tag?

    I totally understand characters can't have all their tags from their entire timeline, that's just crazy. Unless of course its R2-D2, explain that one?

    I just believe being defined as a Sith is not really an association with a faction, but rather a being who utilizes the techniques of the dark side of the force. Like Maul and Savage. Not to mention sith have been at war with each other and killing each other off for thousands of years. So it isnt really a faction, just like two knights aren't allied with all knights in the universe simply because they are knights.
    One of the main points I'm trying to make is that she is a sith. A sith who fought with the nightsister, just like a jedi can fight alongside the galactic republic.

    "Oh and the use of the Force ain't an indicator at all. Mace Windu for example uses the dark side to channel his power for his Vaapad lightsabre technique. Should he be a Sith now too? I dont think so"
    That's just plain dumb, if I was using that logic (which I absolutely wasnt) I would say shes a jedi too. Nice try buddy, that was really cute ;)

    The Separatist just were their enemies at that point. She never wanted to take revenge against them (A sith betrayed her not the Separatists in detail). She wanted to fight Dooku who was a Separatist leader. So he used his separatist army.

    R2 kinda always has been everything haha. I guess he enjoys his popularity and the fact that he is one of the legendary chars. They kinda there took his overall value in the whole SAGA. But I know what you mean with him :D

    Regarding the Windu example: well its exactly what you mentioned. The use of the force should benefit them. Every dark Force user would be Sith then ingame. Thats what you said. If not explain it more detailed please. I once was thinking about Asajj as a Sith too but overall there are not enough reasons for this tag. Some points of yours were good. Dont get me wrong! But there just isn't enough.

    Also dont mix up the Ezra/ Kanan Storyline. There is no existing Jedi Order at that time. Still Kanan is teaching himself and later on Ezra in the habits of the Jedis. Ezra and Kanan come shortly after Order 66 and before a new Hope timeline wise. So they wanna revive the Jedi "thing". So the Jedi Tag makes sense for me :)

    Let me give you another reason/ example:

    Asajj and Aurra for example have quite the same background. Aurra once has been a padawan. But due to her wildness and anger she has been kicked out. I would never give her the jedi tag either. Even though she clearly has been in the Jedi Order. Do you understand me now?

    I think this is what Disney and CG use as reasons ^^ I doubt will will change ur mind on Asajj being a Sith because you desperately want her to be a Sith to Increase YOUR gaming experience ^^

    Nevertheless I dont see any benefits for her or the Sith ingame, cause her kit is mainly designed for a Nightsister line up (or at least some).
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Its no secret that Johnson ignored every set up TFA had to offer TLJ and very much made his own selfish movie - who knows what we would have got if the true reveal of Snoke's character was exposed.
    Well, it's not a secret, I'll give you that.

    It's also not true.

    Abrams left a bunch of unanswered questions, as is his wont, with some suggestions for what they might be. Those aren't promises or obligations. They're interest points, and courtesies to the next director, for Rian to pick and choose as he saw fit. Yes, Abrams had some suggestions for some of them, but they were only that. Suggestions. Whether Abrams' thought was for Snoke to be Plagueis or for Rey to be the secret child of Boba Fett and Sy Snootles holds no weight, because they were just one suggestion for the next director to make up their own mind about.

    Rian chose a lot of those leads to pick up, and chose a direction to go, as was literally his job. It may not have been the direction Abrams had in mind, it may not be the direction you expected, but that doesn't matter. Not Abrams' movie. Not Abrams' vision. And that is exactly what Abrams wanted and why he structured things the way he did. To leave freedom for the story to go in unexpected directions.

    That's your opinion, not mine.

    I'm right.

    I do hope you are not suggesting my opinion is in any way "strange".
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    And btw the way to all the doubters of Asajj Ventress' status as a sith. Refer to Clone wars season 3 episode 12 "Nightsisters" at 1:47 into the episode Palpatine refers to Asajj specifically as a "sith apprentice" hence she is a sith.

    He does so in E1 Season 1 of the Clone wars to the Toydarion King he refers to Ventress as his Apprentice - he does so in multiple episodes.
  • YaeVizsla
    1895 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    That's your opinion, not mine.

    I'm right.

    I do hope you are not suggesting my opinion is in any way "strange".
    You are factually incorrect in saying that Rian ignored every setup in TFA.
  • Ninjah9
    661 posts Member
    @Boo yes but apparently that's just not enough evidence for some people. I had to make the point that Palpatine recognized her as a sith as well.

    @elendior: Wow utterly ridiculous, so to be clear you are arguing that she is still a separatist while fighting the two main leaders of the separatist army??? I doubt she ever cared about the Confederacy, and was more concerned with her sith apprenticeship with count dooku. There is a much better argument for her being a sith than there is for her being a seperatist.

    Sith, someone who follows the ways of the sith.
    If a jedi uses a sith technique, that doesn't make him a sith and I never said that. You're drawing a false equivalency between my logic and your weak analogy about windu. I'm pretty sure Ezra was using sith technique when he made a trooper kill himself, yet I dont say hes a sith.

    My whole thing about Ezra and Kanan was in response to another person's lame logic trying to say Asajj was never a sith.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    @Boo yes but apparently that's just not enough evidence for some people. I had to make the point that Palpatine recognized her as a sith as well.

    @elendior: Wow utterly ridiculous, so to be clear you are arguing that she is still a separatist while fighting the two main leaders of the separatist army??? I doubt she ever cared about the Confederacy, and was more concerned with her sith apprenticeship with count dooku. There is a much better argument for her being a sith than there is for her being a seperatist.

    Sith, someone who follows the ways of the sith.
    If a jedi uses a sith technique, that doesn't make him a sith and I never said that. You're drawing a false equivalency between my logic and your weak analogy about windu. I'm pretty sure Ezra was using sith technique when he made a trooper kill himself, yet I dont say hes a sith.

    My whole thing about Ezra and Kanan was in response to another person's lame logic trying to say Asajj was never a sith.



    Nope I never said she is a separatist. You just brought up the ingame tag. That was me trying to find an explanation for it. Nothing more, nothing less. If you ask me I dont like her having that tag too. Exactly because of ur point.



    Alright, I thought u were the one bringing in the Ezra/Kanan thing (which are undoubtedly Jedi, since both are the series 2/3 versions)

    In my eyes she is more of an Scoundrel/Nightsister in total. Because after being betrayed by dooku and loosing to him she went undercover and lived the life of a scoundrel/Bounty Hunter. Still her main character is just a pure Nightsister. That is the only faction she ever really belonged to.


    I think to make it 100% right CG should add a Sith/Separatist Apprentice Ventress and make the Ventress already in the game a complete nightsister version with no separatist tag. That would be the best solution. If we have 534892743982193809 Han Solos we can have at least 2 Asajj right?

  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    Elendior wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    @Boo yes but apparently that's just not enough evidence for some people. I had to make the point that Palpatine recognized her as a sith as well.

    @elendior: Wow utterly ridiculous, so to be clear you are arguing that she is still a separatist while fighting the two main leaders of the separatist army??? I doubt she ever cared about the Confederacy, and was more concerned with her sith apprenticeship with count dooku. There is a much better argument for her being a sith than there is for her being a seperatist.

    Sith, someone who follows the ways of the sith.
    If a jedi uses a sith technique, that doesn't make him a sith and I never said that. You're drawing a false equivalency between my logic and your weak analogy about windu. I'm pretty sure Ezra was using sith technique when he made a trooper kill himself, yet I dont say hes a sith.

    My whole thing about Ezra and Kanan was in response to another person's lame logic trying to say Asajj was never a sith.



    Nope I never said she is a separatist. You just brought up the ingame tag. That was me trying to find an explanation for it. Nothing more, nothing less. If you ask me I dont like her having that tag too. Exactly because of ur point.



    Alright, I thought u were the one bringing in the Ezra/Kanan thing (which are undoubtedly Jedi, since both are the series 2/3 versions)

    In my eyes she is more of an Scoundrel/Nightsister in total. Because after being betrayed by dooku and loosing to him she went undercover and lived the life of a scoundrel/Bounty Hunter. Still her main character is just a pure Nightsister. That is the only faction she ever really belonged to.


    I think to make it 100% right CG should add a Sith/Separatist Apprentice Ventress and make the Ventress already in the game a complete nightsister version with no separatist tag. That would be the best solution. If we have 534892743982193809 Han Solos we can have at least 2 Asajj right?

    I think the point is that if she is tagged a a separatist (in that some snip of time) she was also Sith. And you are right, her core character is nightsister - due to race. She only sought out the nightsisters after Dooku's betrayal because of her heritage to the planet - she never had any other connections/relationships - she did not know them, but I still agree on that tag because that is ultimately who she is.

    As for Darkside, Scoundrel, Bounty Hunter version - this is her with the mask - a completely different version where she is free from the sith, separatists and nightsisters and doing her own thing.

    So CG should just give the ventress we got the sith tag and be done with it - and give us this new version of ventess as well (perhaps with a Bounty Hunter update)
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Yeah this would be the third Chance. But i doubt giving the existing Asajj a Sith tag wouldnt make her viable in those teams.

    And it completley aint right to give her a SITH/Separatist tag with 100 focus on nightsister Synergies.

    So it would have to be a Sepratist/ Sith version, a nightsister version with ONLY nightsister synergies, and a Scoundrel/ Bounty Hunter masked version of her to suit her time in exile.

  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    That's your opinion, not mine.

    I'm right.

    I do hope you are not suggesting my opinion is in any way "strange".
    You are factually incorrect in saying that Rian ignored every setup in TFA.

    No, I am not incorrect - I am never wrong about star wars.

    I am afraid it is you, who are mistaken, about a great many things....

    djszvq4dflux.jpg
  • 3pourr2
    1808 posts Member
    Apprentice doesn’t count until training is complete. I enjoyed the reading though
  • Mzee
    1602 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Apprentice doesn’t count until training is complete. I enjoyed the reading though
    Savage Oppress is just an apprentice, and Ashoka for Jed is merely an aprentice.
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Apprentice doesn’t count until training is complete. I enjoyed the reading though

    Both Ventress and Savage were aspiring sith lords (the Rule of 2 only applies to Sith Lords)
  • Allenb60
    2125 posts Member
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Asajj_Ventress
    The wiki pages have always lined up with the game from what I've seen and they say she was an assassin of the Sith. Her outfit is from season one of the show, so she worked with the Separatists, but she can still have an affiliation with the Nightsisters since she could return to them as she does later.
  • YaeVizsla
    1895 posts Member
    a
    Boo wrote: »
    Both Ventress and Savage were aspiring sith lords (the Rule of 2 only applies to Sith Lords)
    Rule of Two only applies when those involved choose to obey it.

    It gets broken all the time.
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    a
    Boo wrote: »
    Both Ventress and Savage were aspiring sith lords (the Rule of 2 only applies to Sith Lords)
    Rule of Two only applies when those involved choose to obey it.

    It gets broken all the time.

    I argue this point as I have above - the only known break is now considered non-cannon, now being legend, so does not count.

    Nice try though

    I am afraid it is you, who are mistaken, about a great many things....

    djszvq4dflux.jpg
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    a
    Boo wrote: »
    Both Ventress and Savage were aspiring sith lords (the Rule of 2 only applies to Sith Lords)
    Rule of Two only applies when those involved choose to obey it.

    It gets broken all the time.

    Ill be nice and re-post it for you to read:

    Ventress was a Sith Assassin under the apprenticeship of Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus.

    As there can be only 2 Sith Lords ( as Master and Apprentice) being Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus at that time, is why Ventress never achieved her "Darth" title - suited to only Sith Lords.

    Just because a character has not earned their "Darth" title does not excuse the fact they are sith, force users following the teachings of the sith (in the force and Lightsaber combat - therefore excusing characters such as General Grievous).

    This also speaks to why Savage Oppress is considered Sith. Not to mention he replaced Venterss as Darth Tyranus' apprentice, who he chose not to inform Darth Sidious about - as Darth Sidious was aware of Ventress, he kept an eye on her powers so that Darth Tyranus and Ventress did not defeat him - which would have made Darth Tyranus the new Sith Master and Ventress as the new Sith Apprentice, with her Darth title and anointed Sith name - whatever that would have been.

    She was therefore an aspiring Sith Lord and Sidious ensured she was not successful in reaching her desired promotion within the Sith faction.

    As for Maul and Oppress - Maul dropped his Darth title (still referred to as Darth Maul incorrectly by the Jedi of the clone wars because they had no clear idea of the true sith pecking order they were dealing with).

    Darth Maul did not correct them either as he aspired to defeat Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus - regaining his "rightful" sith title and promotion to being the new Sith Master if he was successful. He then would have taken Savage as his Sith Apprentice (a title he referred to Savage contantly and later Ezra) and Savage would have been granted his Darth title and Sith anointed name.

    Clearly Darth Sidious saw them as a threat/rivals - in the same way he saw Ventress under Dooku and swiftly put them to an end.

    As no one can say for sure in true cannon that Plagueis lived during the events of TPM, which is a silly argument- the true fact is there have never been more than 2 Sith Lords during movie cannon - even if Snoke was really Plagueis.

    Long story short, Ventress was sith, just not a sith lord.

    Also the Devs are not arguing this either - they merely say her snap shot in-game is post double-cross from Dooku - but this again does not make sense if she has the separatist tag does it - in which case she would be still under the apprenticeship of Dooku as described above and therefore warrants a Sith tag.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    a
    Boo wrote: »
    Both Ventress and Savage were aspiring sith lords (the Rule of 2 only applies to Sith Lords)
    Rule of Two only applies when those involved choose to obey it.

    It gets broken all the time.

    Ill be nice and re-post it for you to read:

    Ventress was a Sith Assassin... [...] .... warrants a Sith tag.


    Right on the spot! That nails it perfectly and fits to our before mentioned idea that 3 versions of Ventress are required to fit her storyline while following the rule of the sith.

    So the first Asajj should be the Sith - Separatist "Assasin Ventress" (since Dooku explains sidious that she is only his assasin)

    The second Asajj should be the "Nightsister Ventress" (after Dooku betrayed her and she swore herself to defeat him)

    The third master should be the Scoundrel/Bounty hunter "Exile Ventress" (after loosing against Dooku's army and General Grievous).

    Maul therefor should get another Char too, being called Cyborg Maul referring to his times when his Brother found him. This would be a Scoundrel/ Sith char, since he planned to take over the role as a sith lord as you correctly stated. But i am not sure if this still is the case after Sidious killed Savage. What do you think @Boo?

    Also i dont think plagueis is snoke. Not even a chance of 1 % that he is. If sidious betrayed him he would have been there to take revenge or at least try to. And not just wait till sidious dies and then take over the empire (First Order) . That is not the way of the Sith. Furthermore Papa Palpa clearly says that he killed his master and I doubt he would make a mistake in doing such a risky thing.

    For me snoke is just another stupid mistake of the new movies. The same boring irrelevant fact like rey's background and the fact that TFA spoilers the map to find Luke when he is needed and TLJ shows he just wants to be on the island drinking alien milk waiting for his death. But that is another discussion.
  • Ninjah9
    661 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Sound logic, and REAL SW fans :) . So glad to know they're out there, thought the entire world up it's own **** for a second.
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    Elendior wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    a
    Boo wrote: »
    Both Ventress and Savage were aspiring sith lords (the Rule of 2 only applies to Sith Lords)
    Rule of Two only applies when those involved choose to obey it.

    It gets broken all the time.

    Ill be nice and re-post it for you to read:

    Ventress was a Sith Assassin... [...] .... warrants a Sith tag.


    Right on the spot! That nails it perfectly and fits to our before mentioned idea that 3 versions of Ventress are required to fit her storyline while following the rule of the sith.

    So the first Asajj should be the Sith - Separatist "Assasin Ventress" (since Dooku explains sidious that she is only his assasin)

    The second Asajj should be the "Nightsister Ventress" (after Dooku betrayed her and she swore herself to defeat him)

    The third master should be the Scoundrel/Bounty hunter "Exile Ventress" (after loosing against Dooku's army and General Grievous).

    Maul therefor should get another Char too, being called Cyborg Maul referring to his times when his Brother found him. This would be a Scoundrel/ Sith char, since he planned to take over the role as a sith lord as you correctly stated. But i am not sure if this still is the case after Sidious killed Savage. What do you think @Boo?

    Also i dont think plagueis is snoke. Not even a chance of 1 % that he is. If sidious betrayed him he would have been there to take revenge or at least try to. And not just wait till sidious dies and then take over the empire (First Order) . That is not the way of the Sith. Furthermore Papa Palpa clearly says that he killed his master and I doubt he would make a mistake in doing such a risky thing.

    For me snoke is just another **** mistake of the new movies. The same boring irrelevant fact like rey's background and the fact that TFA spoilers the map to find Luke when he is needed and TLJ shows he just wants to be on the island drinking alien milk waiting for his death. But that is another discussion.

    So true.

    As for Maul, considering the version we have is Darth Maul from TPM (E1).

    He only goes by "Maul" going forward.

    I'd say that would be a sufficient name change for in-game difference purposes - he should get the new look how he looks when he builds his criminal syndicate (not clunky legs but the streamline kind) - therefore he would have the same look from end of Clone Wars, Rebels and Solo.

    I would think this new version of Maul would be tagged as: Darkside, Attacker, Scoundrel - maybe a sith tag, but not sure if it would be 100% necessary, but it would be very nice to see good synergy with Savage and if that was the case then I think the sith tag would be important as it would highlight that time of this character as well.

    As for Snoke re: Plagueis - I don't want to turn this thread into another one of those. Needless to say there is lots of supporting evidence that would suggest it (not confirm it...suggests - I would say strongly suggests, but that is my opinion).

    At the end of the day, I think the whole rise of the FO doesn't make any sense without Snoke being Plagueis as the Empire itself coming back from "death" as the first Order - is another subtle hint, considering his ability to save those from "Death"... metaphorically of course.

    Plus all the other instances I have already mentioned.

    Ultimately no one can clearly say he is not Plagueis - its like trying to argue there is a God that created everything - no evidence to support ad no evidence to say not.

    My opinion he was Plagueis and no one can change it. Its also my only way to save something good out of these new terrible movies, lol

    But I tell you, I do not say these movies are terrible lightly by any means - I am a big, big fan and I am very sad the way how the franchise has turned sour.
  • Yeah true...Maybe the future will bring more info about snoke. If he really was plagueis in the movie, Ryan johnson and Kathleen kennedy really failed to indtroduce one of the most interesitng sith-lords LOL.

    I also think the movies seen as "standalone movies" are quite okay and good. When you think of them being Star Wars movies that belong together, they fall to mediocre or even being bad. There has been huge potential even with a super strong Rey and all the stuff everyone complains about. But as soon Episode 8 destroyed the main story of episode 7 it had been over for me. You just have 2 good " stand alone" movies in the Star Wars saga.

    Same with Solo. Overall a quite decent movie. But the potential that they DIDNT use is enormous. The movie could have been so **** big. I just hope they fix some issues with Eipsode 9 and that Ryan Johnson doesn't mess up the trilogy he got.

    And I want clone Wars season 7 to be big.




  • With powering up Ventress being a requirement for the sith agent prestigious quest. She should have the sith tag. How would a non sith be able to be considered a sith agent, unless you want to make her a bounty hunter.
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    Her limitation is that she does not rightfully carry a sith tag
  • TVF
    10377 posts Member
    This thread is from May @Kyno
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Alex_Wren wrote: »
    With powering up Ventress being a requirement for the sith agent prestigious quest. She should have the sith tag. How would a non sith be able to be considered a sith agent, unless you want to make her a bounty hunter.
    ...

    She is an agent of the Sith.

    Hence Sith Agent.

    She's Dooku's personal assassin. His agent. But not his apprentice. And also not a bounty hunter at that time, because she didn't hunt bounties. She was sent on missions. More like black ops than bounty hunter.
  • Boo
    3424 posts Member
    edited January 7
    Not this again - she is an aspiring Sith Lord - just as Savage was. No difference.

    Dooku actually refers to her as his apprentice on multiple occasions - season 1 episode 1 of clone wars is the first time he does so in The Clone Wars - go check it out.

    She therefore requires a Sith tag, end of story.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Many characters in game have tags based on where they are "at that moment" . As the deva have stated they are a snap shot of that person in time and would be tagged "how they would identify at that moment".

    All characters go through multiple levels of approvals from many representatives of all the associated organizations. It's not like this went out without anyone knowing.

    Even this rule is a little flawed because you claim to have snapshot Ventress after she denounced or was denounced of being dooku’s apprentice, assuming she was a Sith apprentice. During this time she went back to her nightsister roots and sought vengeance on dooku, which is why there is a nightsister lead. This much is understandable. At this point yes she would no longer be a Sith but she would also no longer be a separatist either, seeing as her ties to the separatist was based off her relationship with dooku. She never went back to fight for the separatist. This is why everyone is led to believe this a broader snapshot of Assaj Ventress. I, personally, don’t believe Ventress’s character changed that much until after the battle of dathomir, when she became a bounty hunter, began to act according to her own desires and no longer allowed her hatred for dooku to guide her decision.

    Now the next most common argument is that she was not a Sith. This is wrong. For one Assaj always referred to Dooku as Master and Dooku refereed to her as his apprentice. This could be seen in the very first episode of the clone wars in the very first scene. Also, this was never the case with General Grievous, who dooku trained as well. And, unlike Grievous, Ventress was trained in the ways of the dark side of the force by dooku. This was also unusual because sith usually followed the rule of two in order to consolidate power, making it less likely for others to oppose them. This was also why Palpatine grew worried of Ventress’s power. In the episode “nightsisters” Palpatine can be seen having the following conversation with Dooku.
    • Palpatine: There is a disturbance in the force. Your assassin, she has become very powerful.
    • Dooku: Yes my lord, she is quite important to me.
    • Palpatine: Too Important.
    • Dooku: Master——
    • Palpatine: Silence. I can sense her powers growing stronger. I would hate to think you are training your own Sith apprentice to destroy me.
    Palpatine feared Ventress because he assumed Dooku was training her to one day be able to defeat him, rightfully so. And her growing strength was beginning to become a concern, just like Maul and Savage. Unlike Maul, Dooku was basically given a choice, to kill his apprentice or die with her, essentially pitting them against each other.

    Now for the third argument, that a Sith tag would make her overpowered, like vet solo and chewie. A Sith tag will not make her OP because most of her bonuses or skills mainly have synergy with herself and nightsisters. She can’t heal Sith characters and only she gets bonuses from her Unique. As far as why everyone wants a Sith tag, it allows her to gain bonuses on a Sith team and it gives people satisfaction that her character is complete, that is all. There will still be Sith teams that are better off with out Assaj Ventress.

    Please don’t miss understand me. I don’t write this to start any controversy. It is just many in the community are dissatisfied with how some characters are labeled. I believe convincing you is the 1st step to getting this reviewed again. Something should be changed. Now how they choose to do, it is up to them. They could simply add the tag. Or they can remove the separatist tag and create a new ventress for Sith/separatist and lets not forget a third ventress with a bounty hunter tag.
Sign In or Register to comment.