Rebel Assault Postponement Reconsideration Request

Prev13
OdinOakenshield
306 posts Member
edited May 2018
Dear @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

I would like for you to reconsider your intent of canceling the Light Side Territory Battle for next week. I understand you are looking to reschedule this guild event to a future time, however with the current scheduling of Guild Events I do not see how you can fit this in. TB takes 6 days and as of right now the largest gap between guild events is only 4 days between the last Territory War of a set and the start of the next TB. As such, there will be rewards missed that people have worked hard to be given opportunity to battle for. A single missed TB could be over 10K Guild Event Tokens, 100 shards, along with the gear and other rewards. Or if you cancel one TW to fit this in that’s still rewards that are missed including zetas that everyone covets. Now you could compress the schedule, however guilds need those few days off between a TB/TW cycle to make roster moves and just relax for a few days.

I understand the reason for this postponement is due to the large update that will happen next week. I look forward to these update and appreciate the concern of coordination and too much going on. As stated above by compressing the schedule to fit it in, you are giving no days off to make roster moves and relax. With skipping other events we are still missing rewards. Also as the coordinator of TB for my guild, with the number of these that have been ran, TB require very minimal coordination as compared to when they first came out. I could also see scheduling both TB and TW on top of each other for a week, which seems like it could possibly be even worse with coordination since both TW and TB resets are about the same time. Personally I would take the one or two days of possible issues over an entire TB missed. Now I do not know the scope of all the new updates so this is all speculation on my side. A lot of effort has been put in to gearing, leveling and working on toons for these TB and missing these rewards really hurts and negates all the effort people have put in.

I hope you take this into consideration because many of us are not looking forward to the missed rewards. Now you could gift everyone a prize box to compensate for the missed rewards. However I would prefer the opportunity to get the GET!

Thanks for the consideration,
Odin Oakenshield

Replies

• Options
    The whole cadence needs a rework. I just barely missed beating the IPD mission, and I have almost a month before I can try again.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. I didnt hear of any postponement but they absolutely should not deter from that due to an update filled with Marquee events.
  • Aethrwolf
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Its possible they may be intending to slip something new in with the update. Not likely, but remotely possible there's a surprise in store for guilds.
  • DarthBarron
    339 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I would hope they do something as there is a significant "loss" to a players resource accrual by postponing an event that occurs once a month. It's a not a few pieces or shards, like Odin said, its 10K of GETs, potentially, 1500 Shard Shop currency, 400 or so crystals, G12 gear, etc. No small penalty for "the lack of faith" that CG shows in the potential stability of the update.

I find their lack of faith disturbing.

edit - had to type of Shard Shop.. the **** was starred out?
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    Any one/guild who is too busy with other things happening can choose not to participate, but please let each of us choose for ourselves.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Or they could just cancel it and issue compensation......
  • Options
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    Its possible they may be intending to slip something new in with the update. Not likely, but remotely possible there's a surprise in store for guilds.

They said it was due to the large update planned next week.

This is from the state of the galaxy post:
    From @CG_Tophat: We will be updating the May Event Calendar to move the Rebel Assault instance which takes place from 5/21 to 5/26 to a new, undetermined date. Our upcoming client release (which includes Quests, Improved Chat, Updated Ship Combat, Titles, and more!) will be launching somewhere in that window of time. Given the size and scope of the update, we figured it was more prudent to reschedule the Rebel Assault and make sure that our update didn’t unintentionally collide with guild coordination. We apologize for the schedule change.
  • OdinOakenshield
    306 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Or they could just cancel it and issue compensation......

I didnt want to ask for a freebie, sounds bad. But just asking to keep the schedule as planned and let us as players choose on this one. Since it seems it will be hard to reschedule without running into the same issue at a later date.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Keep throwing those TBs, there's no time to waste, Wampa and Hermit can't wait
  • Options
    I kinda applaud they did move it. Instead of maybe completing the tb and have it bug out or not get rewards for months
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Curious what part of the update impacts "guild coordination". Seems to suggest a new type of guild event, or perhaps a guild quest. Would be disappointing if no part of the update required guild coordination as this would undermine their reason behind the TB move.
  • Options
    Sheesh. Chill. They're only delaying 5 days.
  • Options
    Aethrwolf wrote: »

They said it was due to the large update planned next week.

This is from the state of the galaxy post:
    From @CG_Tophat: We will be updating the May Event Calendar to move the Rebel Assault instance which takes place from 5/21 to 5/26 to a new, undetermined date. Our upcoming client release (which includes Quests, Improved Chat, Updated Ship Combat, Titles, and more!) will be launching somewhere in that window of time. Given the size and scope of the update, we figured it was more prudent to reschedule the Rebel Assault and make sure that our update didn’t unintentionally collide with guild coordination. We apologize for the schedule change.

What he said ^^^
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    BmoreBrew wrote: »
    Sheesh. Chill. They're only delaying 5 days.

Which part of "a new, undetermined date" means a 5 day delay?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    On a side note, while I agree with the OP, I have a suspicion that the reason for the move is due to the ship combat update. And I suspect that with the changes coming there, it could cause a conflict in the servers by having an active TB in progress, . .
  • OdinOakenshield
    306 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    On a side note, while I agree with the OP, I have a suspicion that the reason for the move is due to the ship combat update. And I suspect that with the changes coming there, it could cause a conflict in the servers by having an active TB in progress, . .

This I could understand and would make more sense, but thats not what was said. They said for Guild coordination, which unless it is a new guild event would not make sense. Now if its due to ship combat just say that and this would be a mute point because I cannot argue against that.

I just know there are a lot of people in my guild excited to finally get a 7*HY or Wampa for raids that are disappointed that there is not going to be a TB next week. Or even just unlocking them
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    I think CG is actually doing the smart thing by delaying . I've seen major updates in other games where guild/alliance and individual event's end either prematurely with payout or vanish without a trace . This update will likely be like February QOL update where it will over a couple of days. That's two or three days that something could go wrong . It's much better to delay than to do nothing and things go haywire . Think of the community backlash we have all seen in the past in here. They are doing this the right way . Delay is the best way to avoid major issues
  • Options

This I could understand and would make more sense, but thats not what was said. They said for Guild coordination, which unless it is a new guild event would not make sense. Now if its due to ship combat just say that and this would be a mute point because I cannot argue against that.

I just know there are a lot of people in my guild excited to finally get a 7*HY or Wampa for raids that are disappointed that there is not going to be a TB next week. Or even just unlocking them

Oh I agree with you completely, that’s just my suspicion re fleet stuff due to the suspected changes. And the whole guild coordination sounds like a line of . . . And we aren’t even going to bring up the insanity of removing 50% of the remaining TB we are allowed a month without a real reason why.
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    Options
    This is the strangest complaint I've seen on here.

They make efforts to make sure the update has minimal negative impact and people have an issue with that?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Have any of you tin foil hatters accusing CG of some big conspiracy thought of the potential that the new ship battles will likely affect TB ship battles?.....
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »

They make efforts to make sure the update has minimal negative impact and people have an issue with that?

Here are the reasons:

1. Some are in guilds w/ steep requirements & those people rely on those rewards to meet said requirements so they don't get booted from their guild.
    2. See 1.
    3. See 2.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »

Here are the reasons:

1. Some are in guilds w/ steep requirements & those people rely on those rewards to meet said requirements so they don't get booted from their guild.
    2. See 1.
    3. See 2.

Any guild that would boot members for not meeting requirements due to CG changes is not worth being a part of IMOP......
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »

Here are the reasons:

2. See 1.
    3. See 2.

Any guild that would boot members for not meeting requirements due to CG changes is not worth being a part of IMOP......

See the above. Any guild like that is trash. CG changed something so the guild doesn't make wiggle room? Lol.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Have any of you tin foil hatters accusing CG of some big conspiracy thought of the potential that the new ship battles will likely affect TB ship battles?.....

I’m not sure there are a lot of “tinfoil hatters” here. Some of us are just asking if there is an opportunity to not re-schedule (which more than likely means “cancel”) the event so that we don’t lose out on the rewards.
    There wasn’t much information given as to “why” they have to be delayed.
    If it’s because of a potential software issue with rolling out the new stuff with an active Tb, then I get it.
    If it’s due to trying to prevent “overburdening” players then some of us woulda ant to have the option available to us.
  • Options

This is definitely not our guild.
    kello_511 wrote: »

I’m not sure there are a lot of “tinfoil hatters” here. Some of us are just asking if there is an opportunity to not re-schedule (which more than likely means “cancel”) the event so that we don’t lose out on the rewards.
    There wasn’t much information given as to “why” they have to be delayed.
    If it’s because of a potential software issue with rolling out the new stuff with an active Tb, then I get it.
    If it’s due to trying to prevent “overburdening” players then some of us woulda ant to have the option available to us.

This again is what it boils down to. With the event structure and the reasoning they gave it feels more like it could just get canceled.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    As I read the announcement it is a one—time only postponement of the event. CG has planned a release of a major update (ships 2.0 amongst other things) and to minimize the risk of technical issues, they didn't want to have the release clash with TB. (They didn't specifically mention the risk of technical issues — only that they didn't want the clash).

I don't see any issues in this postponement. On the contrary, it seems like good planning.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if there's a catch-up event or reward compensation, but as others have said I'd rather miss a TB than have a game crash.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I would personally rather see a week of TW cancelled. I hate TW, but I am a huge supporter of TB. I would have finally unlocked ROLO with the next one.
  • Options
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    I would personally rather see a week of TW cancelled. I hate TW, but I am a huge supporter of TB. I would have finally unlocked ROLO with the next one.

This would be a good idea ;)
This discussion has been closed.