Rebel Assault Battles Rescheduling Update [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36767 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Making the reward equal would be much easier on the devs as well as they would not have to do any datamining for everyone rewards.

I don't presume to know how much extra work is required for them, but it's certainly not fair to give a 6* guild the same reward as a 40* guild.

And since they've already committed to giving everyone the exact reward they got last TB, I don't even know why changing it would be necessary or desired...unless you're in a 6* guild, which is then you asking for more free stuff than you're already getting.

Nothing about this request makes any sense to me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    another question, are we getting the exact rewards or rewards based on stars?
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Options
    Why does it have be last territory battle, since it's star wars day can't we all get the same rewards. Seem this last year is all about making small guilds suffer by making all the event rewards depend on guild gp.
  • Options

Creepioo wrote: »
    Why does it have be last territory battle, since it's star wars day can't we all get the same rewards. Seem this last year is all about making small guilds suffer by making all the event rewards depend on guild gp.

So the high end guilds who put in a lot of effort to get 45* should get the same as a guild that might get around 10*? I agree with what TVF said:
    TVF wrote: »

I don't presume to know how much extra work is required for them, but it's certainly not fair to give a 6* guild the same reward as a 40* guild.

And since they've already committed to giving everyone the exact reward they got last TB, I don't even know why changing it would be necessary or desired...unless you're in a 6* guild, which is then you asking for more free stuff than you're already getting.

Nothing about this request makes any sense to me.

It makes no sense to me either. If CG will give rewards for the 25th it should be separate from the TB. Your last rewards make the most sense to receive it again. I am glad they are doing it that way personally.

• Fizix
    127 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We apologize for the schedule change, but we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle.

Will this include special mission currency from the previous TB?

Also, last light side TB, or last TB overall (which was a dark side?)

Oh, and, for those that have moved guilds in the past week, will they receive the rewards of their new guild, or the one they were in for the last territory battle?

This is a big one that I'm looking into. I'll try to get this answered sooner rather than later.

Also the concerns about schedule changes have been duly noted and I will pass all the feedback in this thread along to the team.

I hope we can get a answer to this prior to the originally scheduled TB window opening(tomorrow morning). I'd hate to recruit someone and have them miss out on rewards entirely because they changed guilds during this window.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    Translation to me seems to be: People have unlocked wampa and hermit yoda a bit faster than anticipated and have too much currency. We have to throttle this to prevent players from maxing out their g12 and making the current batch of g12 irrelevant. We have to do this in a "nice" way so we will use the guild management excuse.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Translation to me seems to be: People have unlocked wampa and hermit yoda a bit faster than anticipated and have too much currency. We have to throttle this to prevent players from maxing out their g12 and making the current batch of g12 irrelevant. We have to do this in a "nice" way so we will use the guild management excuse.

You might want to update your babel fish with a translation like that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds fair.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Very happy with the solution because tb is compulsory for many guild members, this saves us 6 days x 30m in total.
    Post edited by Edward on
  • Options
    @TVF I originally posted that an easy solution to stop ppl from crying about the "free rewards" was to make them equal for all. Clearly some here think that equal payout as a free one time.e reward would punish them.

I dont get how ppl feel so entitled and want to hold others back.

Making the reward equal would be much easier on the devs as well as they would not have to do any datamining for everyone rewards.

Just my 2 cents.

Ppl will cry about the free rewards no matter what it seems.

Sounds like you are in a sad low performing guild.
  • Options
    A solid answer in a timely manner would be the biggest help so I can pass on the info to the other 49 members of the guild.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    All disagreements about frequency preferences aside, it is very nice that we're getting something on our week off. The devs didn't have to give us anything during that time.

Agree 100% here - tremendous gesture.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Options
    It seems logical, that since it's the 25th CG won't have to issue more or extra rewards, for the aniversary. Just suspend the TB and say oh here you go same rewards as a gift, so they don't have to give any extra gifts/rewards for the aniversary. It's reverse psychology, your still getting something without getting something. I know I get it (they don't have to reward/gift anything) but they have in the past, every year. This is just a 2 birds with one stone by purposely canceling the TB and running the update on the same day, so no extra rewards/gifts will need to be issued.
  • JmEE
    14 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Easiest solution would be to grant all players the same exact reward globally
    This is a prime example of where the easiest way, is not the best way.
    Easy? Yes.
    Fair? No.
    We lost out on the rewards because of them scheduling the update for this time, then supposedly suddenly recognising that this wasn't a good idea.
    Being adequately compensated for the loss is acceptable & expected.
    Being inadequately compensated for the loss would just add insult to injury.

It seems that they have recognised this & acted accordingly.

*Edit: Actually, thinking further, it's not in any way easier to give everyone the same rewards globally.
    First they have to define the level of rewards which all will receive. This will require them to conduct the same level of exploratory work to identify & present the rewards from the last run, then to possibly establish an average across them.
    We're already looking at considerably more work for that, than just looking at what they got last time & sending the same thing.
    They then have to actually create this "new" prize box & finally send it to everyone.
    Much quicker & easier to just resend the same thing as last time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already had some sort of "resend rewards" functionality built into the system, for contingency in the event of a failure.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Yes wrote: »
    It seems logical, that since it's the 25th CG won't have to issue more or extra rewards, for the aniversary. Just suspend the TB and say oh here you go same rewards as a gift, so they don't have to give any extra gifts/rewards for the aniversary. It's reverse psychology, your still getting something without getting something. I know I get it (they don't have to reward/gift anything) but they have in the past, every year. This is just a 2 birds with one stone by purposely canceling the TB and running the update on the same day, so no extra rewards/gifts will need to be issued.

This is such a sad reply.

As it stands now we are getting a somewhat big update for this anniversary and as history showed us, they do it on occasions like this to please player base and make it more grand. This should be considered as a "gift", to some extent. Furthermore - they could have canceleed TB and leave us with no rewards, which has happened in past (no rewards for cancellation), but they decided to give us smth for free. Lastly - nobody said there won't be any accompanying events/gifts, so hold your horses there.

I feel kinda sorry for you, for being so pessimistic. I'm not a EA supporter as stated many times in posts on this forum, but give them a break, at least criticize when it's due.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Why are you like this?
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry you feel that way. An update/expansion is and extention of the game to in hopes keep active players and acquire more. That's not a gift my friend. I'm not one for getting something free, I work for a living and understand ethics. All I'm saying is that the moral of all this was bad planing on CG's format for canceling the TB, and running the update during this time. The realizing that since they saw there bad planning and said well let's issue same rewards here and act like it's something like a gift as past. So yes my friend I will speculate and I will have theories.
  • JmEE
    14 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    How does a free reward punish anyone. A free reward grants everyone that receives it something that they didn't earn?
    For any that are upset by this idea... stop complaining about what you feel you earned last tb or what you expected to earn this time. Free is free.

I will gladly take my free reward and full g12 piece I received last tb. I dont understand how some on this forum cry for free and then cry if someone suggests equality. Hypocrisy I say.
    You don't seem to understand that something which comes at a cost, is not free.
    If we were supposed to get 2 TB's rewards this month & have, through their scheduling, lost one of those sets of rewards, this is a loss and therefore a cost.
    Ergo, what we are getting is not free. It is simply adequate compensation to balance out the loss.

e.g. If I stopped you going to work for a day & you earned 1 day's less wage that week because of my action & I then compensated you with 1/8th of a day's wage, would that seem correct?
    Compensating you with what you earned for a day's wage last week is perfectly correct.
    Some will argue that they should be compensated with what they projected to earn for a day's wage this week, but that cannot be done in the swgoh scenario, as what you might have got this time around is simply speculative.

This is, by far, the most balanced, correct & acceptable way to provide compensation.
  • Options
    Hi folks,
    A bunch of good questions here. I'll ping the team to get more details over the weekend but here are the answers I have so far:

1. The previous Territory Battle was Dark Side and the next one that was rescheduled was supposed to be Light Side. Will we receive rewards from the last Light Side or Dark Side Territory Battle?
    The previous Dark Side Territory Battle
    2. Does this include special mission rewards like shards and guild event currency?
    Yes

We are getting dark side TB rewards for a canceled LSTB?
  • JmEE
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry you feel that way. An update/expansion is and extention of the game to in hopes keep active players and acquire more. That's not a gift my friend. I'm not one for getting something free, I work for a living and understand ethics. All I'm saying is that the moral of all this was bad planing on CG's format for canceling the TB, and running the update during this time. The realizing that since they saw there bad planning and said well let's issue same rewards here and act like it's something like a gift as past. So yes my friend I will speculate and I will have theories.
    Had to lol at the outpouring of cynicism in your prior post.
    I wouldn't be surprised, based on previous experiences with these organisations, to see what you suggest come to fruition.
    I would, however, advise to hold off on the negativity, until it's at least proven to be warranted & justified?
    Doing anything from an unjustifiable stance, even making proclamations, does not do anything to provide you with credibility.
    You may call it realism, rather than cynicism, but it paints you as a rather dour and miserable individual.
    Hopefully you're not, but simply passing on an observation.
  • Options
    Credit where credit is due—this is a great example of communication. Thank you! Hopefully we keep hearing from you throughout the week as we now have little else to do without Tb. Just to throw in my opinion—tb is my fav part of the game and I would not like to see it cut back even more. I liked it back when there was one each week. Though- decreasing light side missions to 4 rounds instead of 6 would save some time and be less tedious. Looking forward to the update! Hope it has raid controls!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Hi folks,
    A bunch of good questions here. I'll ping the team to get more details over the weekend but here are the answers I have so far:

1. The previous Territory Battle was Dark Side and the next one that was rescheduled was supposed to be Light Side. Will we receive rewards from the last Light Side or Dark Side Territory Battle?
    2. Does this include special mission rewards like shards and guild event currency?
    Yes

It doesn't mean the LSTB is cancelled. The June calendar hasn't been released. If the next TB is light side, then all they did was shift everything by two weeks. If the next TB is dark side, then yes - it's tantamount to a canceled LSTB.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Who hurt you?
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Options
    I actually try to be a super happy guy, but human so I have feelings and emotions. That being said, I'm just bringing light to the situation in hopes this will help CG realize this is clearly an issue that many not just me my friend feels this is unjust ( not trying to speak for the masses). I only wanted to state my opinion not have a **** contest with people who love to repost things that people say. It's only a thought my friend.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Broxxor wrote: »

Huh??
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Anecdotally, maybe my guild is lazy, but we’ve been pretty consistent in getting about 25 stars per battle (25/45; 25/48) for the last couple of months. Those last nodes need, like, 40m to get a star, so we’ve been slowly building our way up. So in terms of losing out - I don’t think we were going to magically get another 20 stars (or even 1) that we’re not going to get now because we’re not getting to run the battles manually. My only thing is the character shards because the ROLO mission is pretty easy but I find the IPD mission a nightmare. To that end, though: one of our guild managed to get 2 shards of IPD last battle and I’m at 79/80 on ROLO, so I’ll still be able to squeak over the line...
    edit: battles, not raids. Kept calling them raids
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Yes

It doesn't mean the LSTB is cancelled. The June calendar hasn't been released. If the next TB is light side, then all they did was shift everything by two weeks. If the next TB is dark side, then yes - it's tantamount to a canceled LSTB.

More of an error on my part, as far as wording goes. I guess my main question is that we are getting rewards for a DSTB, as apposed to the rewards of a LSTB, which is the one being delayed, as per another thread. Free stuff is good, but I was looking forward to more shards towards my 7* Rebel Leia. I would love to just finish that off.
  • Options
    As a guild we were expecting at least double the rolo shards if not more compared to the last one, so we're very disappointed. Plus this event is my personal favorite.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    More of an error on my part, as far as wording goes. I guess my main question is that we are getting rewards for a DSTB, as apposed to the rewards of a LSTB, which is the one being delayed, as per another thread. Free stuff is good, but I was looking forward to more shards towards my 7* Rebel Leia. I would love to just finish that off.

Yeah, but my guild is thrilled that it's a DSTB reward instead of LSTB. My guild did better in DSTB than last time, and 48 of us hit 7* ROLO in the last LSTB, and we got our most IPD shards (34) last time. So with a repeat of the DSTB it means my whole will guild unlock IPD this week, instead of just getting shard currency.

Can't please everyone I guess.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

Yeah, but my guild is thrilled that it's a DSTB reward instead of LSTB. My guild did better in DSTB than last time, and 48 of us hit 7* ROLO in the last LSTB, and we got our most IPD shards (34) last time. So with a repeat of the DSTB it means my whole will guild unlock IPD this week, instead of just getting shard currency.

Can't please everyone I guess.

I know everyone can't be please, but I guess I will take my 2 measly IPD shards and move on, since I was the only one to barely finish it from my guild.
This discussion has been closed.