Rebel Assault Battles Rescheduling Update [MEGA]

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    More of an error on my part, as far as wording goes. I guess my main question is that we are getting rewards for a DSTB, as apposed to the rewards of a LSTB, which is the one being delayed, as per another thread. Free stuff is good, but I was looking forward to more shards towards my 7* Rebel Leia. I would love to just finish that off.

Yeah, but my guild is thrilled that it's a DSTB reward instead of LSTB. My guild did better in DSTB than last time, and 48 of us hit 7* ROLO in the last LSTB, and we got our most IPD shards (34) last time. So with a repeat of the DSTB it means my whole will guild unlock IPD this week, instead of just getting shard currency.

Can't please everyone I guess.

I know everyone can't be please, but I guess I will take my 2 measly IPD shards and move on, since I was the only one to barely finish it from my guild.

Congrats! That's a tough mission. Now convince the other bums in your guild to start pulling their weight! :smiley:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Jed_Eye wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Easiest solution would be to grant all players the same exact reward globally

Except that that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Just stop.

How does it not make sense for a free reward given for 0 effort not to be equal for the whole community. Someone sounds entitled here. God forbid you not get what you think you deserve. From now on Nikoms565 would like all "we're sorry" compensations to be commiserate with a player's gp.

You do realize that cg doesn't even have to give a thing.

Of course I realize that they don't have to give us anything - which is why my first post in this thread was a thank you.

Secondly, the "mea culpa" rewards when they mess up are entirely different than TB rewards. I find your "entitlement" argument to be extremely hollow - as you have completely reversed the concept.

I do think that, if they are going to give out rewards at all, rewards to guilds based on what they earned in their previous TB is completely fair (it's what they would have gotten if they had actually done it). Giving all guilds what the strongest and best guilds have earned is "entitling" lesser guilds to things they never would have attained - and is the part that makes no sense.

And lesser guilds begging for it is the "entitlement" part.

BTW, there's a lot of people making sense in this thread - and some of them are named Nic, TVF, and Yae (and some others I probably missed). Keep up the good work guys.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Yes wrote: »
    Sorry you feel that way. An update/expansion is and extention of the game to in hopes keep active players and acquire more. That's not a gift my friend. I'm not one for getting something free, I work for a living and understand ethics. All I'm saying is that the moral of all this was bad planing on CG's format for canceling the TB, and running the update during this time. The realizing that since they saw there bad planning and said well let's issue same rewards here and act like it's something like a gift as past. So yes my friend I will speculate and I will have theories.

Clearly we won't be able to understand each other since our point of view is completely different.

I don't share your position of power and expectation and take what comes at me as it is. Developers are providing content to be relevant and keep players interested, they have their horse in this race. However they're not forced to do so and shown in many occasions that it's not on their agenda. So assuming that they "have" to please us is as false as stating that Earth is flat.

I would check "cynism" in the dictionary if I were you, for future refference. Nothin personal, just giving an honest opinion, because what you want to convey and what you wrote differ greatly.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Guess that's your opinion no? Exactly! This is a repost upon repost bro. You have an opinion and so do I. Don't need to look up cynism buddy, know what it means. Your free to have your thought and so am I my friend, so again this is just a **** contest of reposts. Get your own ideas. Yeah and no offense bro.

P.s.
    And in no way shape or form expect something for free. This game has been around 2 years, giving things to players as gifts to keep the players happy and feel, oh hey I'm going to give some money back and keep this game going. It's a give and take situation my friend. By them canceling (1 time I get it) the best thing in this game to put out a new update which could have been pushed on a TW week, and not take into consideration all the hard work guilds put into acquiring all the needs for TB's. Now say they will give the same rewards and not have to do anything/fight for (wow that is awesome! Truly grateful) all I said at the beginning of (not intended to keep going but felt I needed to make myself clear as you didn't understand) that they were going to give nothing as say last year as a gift and just act like the free TB reward was going to be all. Now I don't have a crystal ball, I can't see into the future, all speculation here. Just a guy venting and you came along and had to pee in my cheerios and be captain America for the forum. As said before this repost stuff is stupid. I'm just saying my friend
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Will the rewards be another DSTB box or a LSTB reward? Will it be the EXACT same rewards, or will they give us all a fresh reward box based on how many ☆ were achieved? Will it also compensate us for special mission rewards?
  • Options
    More of an error on my part, as far as wording goes. I guess my main question is that we are getting rewards for a DSTB, as apposed to the rewards of a LSTB, which is the one being delayed, as per another thread. Free stuff is good, but I was looking forward to more shards towards my 7* Rebel Leia. I would love to just finish that off.

Yeah, but my guild is thrilled that it's a DSTB reward instead of LSTB. My guild did better in DSTB than last time, and 48 of us hit 7* ROLO in the last LSTB, and we got our most IPD shards (34) last time. So with a repeat of the DSTB it means my whole will guild unlock IPD this week, instead of just getting shard currency.

Can't please everyone I guess.

I know everyone can't be please, but I guess I will take my 2 measly IPD shards and move on, since I was the only one to barely finish it from my guild.

Congrats! That's a tough mission. Now convince the other bums in your guild to start pulling their weight! :smiley:

Thanks.
  • Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Will the rewards be another DSTB box or a LSTB reward? Will it be the EXACT same rewards, or will they give us all a fresh reward box based on how many ☆ were achieved? Will it also compensate us for special mission rewards?

It is the same rewards you got for DSTB= with all the same same rewards based on stars and specials. :)
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe if we complain enough they'll give us IPD and Rolo shards ...

I'm just happy they're still giving us rewards at all, even though we don't have to do anything.

We were gonna hit 7*s on Rolo this TB ... but we don't even have IPD activated, so I'll gladly take IPD shards. Very happy for DS over LS rewards personally.
  • Options
    Is IPD any good? Seems like the Star Wars equivalent to pokemon electrode.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

Mine's not very high gear...he's ok. Certainly strips stealth off annoying groups, and his suicide bomber impression can do good work against tough teams in TW.
  • Options

Mine's not very high gear...he's ok. Certainly strips stealth off annoying groups, and his suicide bomber impression can do good work against tough teams in TW.

Somehow I am not thrilled with the suicide bomber aspect of the character. I want because shiny, but other than that, not worth it. Imperial troops are fun though. So I guess because I developed a fun team, it was worth it.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Most of posters : "We like the schedule as is...heck we want MOAR MOAR"

.0000001 posters " Oh man we are big shot leaders we are tired and cannot delegate anything we are soo tired blah blah"

CG : "For the betterment of the game we endeavor to cut back on stuff"

Majority of Players "mind boggles head asplodes"

Seriously..... Do the people in charge even read the forums or like 3 posts and decide well... i read 3 posts saying pple are whahh whahh overworked because they can't delegate anything....lets shut er down boys"...

dear lord
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    Buddy wrote: »
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Translation to me seems to be: People have unlocked wampa and hermit yoda a bit faster than anticipated and have too much currency. We have to throttle this to prevent players from maxing out their g12 and making the current batch of g12 irrelevant. We have to do this in a "nice" way so we will use the guild management excuse.

Huh??

I'm saying that the "looking into a new schedule of events for TB" thing (that they spoke about earlier) seems to be an indication that they are looking to throttle those rewards in the future.

It's par for the course with everything else they've done in this game. An event cancellation, followed by a "change of schedules" (where there are less TBs and, therefor, less rewards) seems like the MO of the devs.

Not necessarily a bad thing (because without throttling rewards everyone just ends up maxed out) but I don't expect most people will be too happy about that.
  • Options
    Translation to me seems to be: People have unlocked wampa and hermit yoda a bit faster than anticipated and have too much currency. We have to throttle this to prevent players from maxing out their g12 and making the current batch of g12 irrelevant. We have to do this in a "nice" way so we will use the guild management excuse.

Huh??

I'm saying that the "looking into a new schedule of events for TB" thing (that they spoke about earlier) seems to be an indication that they are looking to throttle those rewards in the future.

It's par for the course with everything else they've done in this game. An event cancellation, followed by a "change of schedules" (where there are less TBs and, therefor, less rewards) seems like the MO of the devs.

Not necessarily a bad thing (because without throttling rewards everyone just ends up maxed out) but I don't expect most people will be too happy about that.

IMHO, the frequency of TB was fine alternating like it was recently. They could've spaced TW out and not ran them back to back, with a 3 day "rest" period. Just my thoughts, but I liked TB more than TW. Gotta go with the game, I suppose.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Hey @CG_SBCrumb any word on the "guild changing" or "guild name change" questions?
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Excited for the ships table (TBD on ships arena changes) and thank you for the week off rewards.
  • Options
    I honestly think that TB should be a weekly occurrence, specially if a new TB is going to be added (geonosis with Separatist vs Galactic Republic is my best theory). If that happens then each TB would occur every other month, so any future events that would require specific characters (i.e., ROLO for jedi luke), would require 8 months to farm from 0-7*, assuming you get 100 shards each time, which is a double cycle for those kinds of events. TW are fun but making them a weekend thing would allow people to fall into a regular schedule regarding TB/TW and maybe increase overall participation (knowing when you need to be on each day goes a long way)
  • Options
    lovemat wrote: »
    Eustacie wrote: »
    I really hope you'll reconsider lightening the schedule. Here's a fun fact: if you don't want to play so many events, don't play them. There are guilds out there where you can hang out, chat, and not have much in the way of expectations.

For those of us who enjoy TW and TBs and find the three days off we already have too boring, catering to people who don't want to play as much feels punishing.

Oh, and also: Day 1 and 2 of TW is a break already. C'mon, you sign up one day and place a few defensive teams that takes 3 minutes on the next. 1 day of gameplay. Day 1 and 2 of TBs are already faceroll, so you're talking 3 or 4 days gameplay there.

There's plenty of time off already. Don't add more.

I'd like to see more territory wars because it is funniest mode in game

I’d like to see a proper space between Tb/tw rather then just 1 hour....
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Free rewards are awesome. Now for the personal side of things. My guild is 1 shard away from unlocking ROLO. No one has earned IPD shards yet. If the rewards simply duplicate DSTB we go from a new character to nothing. And TW is the content that should have been cancelled. It's the same thing twice that week. You could easily cancel a 3 day event and few would even notice; instead it's a unique 1 week w/ many factors, and few will be happy.
  • Options
    For me it’s shard shop currency either way. But I definitely understand where you are coming from.
  • Options
    Was looking forward to 7☆ing rolo myself but hey updates are cool...rolo next times cool
  • Abysmal_Void
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Y'all talking as if LSTB will never happen...
    From my understanding, we'l get DSTB rewards because it's the most recent one... probably makes it easier for them to find that information.
    LSTB will simply be rescheduled to be the next TB, when the next TB arrives. That way, we stay in the alternating LS/DS formula, we simply get an extra round of rewards for a delayed LSTB.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    @TVF I originally posted that an easy solution to stop ppl from crying about the "free rewards" was to make them equal for all. Clearly some here think that equal payout as a free one time.e reward would punish them.

I dont get how ppl feel so entitled and want to hold others back.

Making the reward equal would be much easier on the devs as well as they would not have to do any datamining for everyone rewards.

Just my 2 cents.

Ppl will cry about the free rewards no matter what it seems.

Sounds like you are in a sad low performing guild.

I have no problems taking my rewards. I will gladly take my g12 piece I will get again. Sometimes players look out for others. Glad you are driven by greed and insults.
  • twist
    68 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb pertinent question: we are basically getting the last dstb rewards instead of fighting lstb that was scheduled. Next scheduled should be dstb again. So do we get 3x dstb in a row or will you guys flip lstb and dstb times for the next ones
  • twist
    68 posts Member
    Options
    For the record: 3x dstb sounds awesome to me :)...ipd shards <3
  • Options
    Y'all talking as if LSTB will never happen...
    From my understanding, we'l get DSTB rewards because it's the most recent one... probably makes it easier for them to find that information.
    LSTB will simply be rescheduled to be the next TB, when the next TB arrives. That way, we stay in the alternating LS/DS formula, we simply get an extra round of rewards for a delayed LSTB.

I’m guessing that’s the reason as well. And while I know it’s sucks from a nearly to unlock rolo standpoint. It’s a hell of a lot easier from a database standpoint.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options

Huh??

Ah.
  • Options
    I know they said we will get the exact same rewards, but will that also include being awarded stars towards the 'super star' achievement?
  • Options
    I don't know why people were complaining about the scheduling in the first place. This is the thing...if it's too much then just don't do them. There are people like myself that look forward to doing these things back to back. The faster we get rewards the faster we progress our rosters. I'm glad I worked on finishing Hermit Yoda and Wampa to 7* first instead of gear. Now those that don't have Yoda and Wampa will be even slower and take longer. It wasn't broken..don't know why it had to be messed with but whatever. At least I finished those 2 toons. I also finished Leia and on the next DS territory event I'll have IPD finished too. I feel bad for those who still have a long ways to go. This change is gonna hurt them more than help them.
This discussion has been closed.