Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Even the meta ships arent completely nerfed. Vader remains the most reliable TL and DoT guy, Biggs is still gaining proct like crazy, Chimera remains the best capital ship, FOTP is still very dominant.

Reaper and TFP are the only ships that were really nerfed and meta.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

right those two ships were a staple in every top team, which is why people are complaining about how much they got nerfed.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    No question that the new fleet arena is horrible. I was really looking forward to a shake-up, but immediately you find that Vader's ship + Biggs + 1 is the winning starting lineup. Every. Single. Team. Is. The. Same.

Actually, this is incorrect.

If you read the announcements they stated that they want to give ships 2.0 a more paper-rock-scissor meta instead of the paper-paper-faster paper meta 1.0 had. If you think Biggs + TIE Advance + 1 other is the be-all, end-all, then you're thinking in checkers when you should be thinking in chess. There's a lot more AoE and assists than before. That's the rock and the scissors added.

AoE > Taunts > Assists > AoE.

If you read the announcements and believe what you are reading... well ....

Anyway like I said, I know it's early, BUT I am not kidding when I say that every starting lineup in the top 50 on my fleet shard is Biggs + Vader +1. And from my battles so far today, 5 of 5 first-off-the-bench was Boba.

Let's not get in an Internet fight here, but please don't call me "incorrect" when I am stating facts based on my fleet shard, and you are basing your point on what they devs said they meant to do. What they say they will do and what the do are different things entirely.

I hope it turns out that I am wrong, and we start seeing diversity. I really REALLY hope that.

ps. Vader, Biggs and Wedge are all faster than, say, the Geos, or Ghost with its AoE. So the "chess" you are referring to, with assists and AoE, doesn't work as planned. (1) Vader target locks. (2) Biggs attacks and calls an assist. (3) Wedge torpedos. Now it's your 2 vs their 3, and its finally your turn. Biggs is taunting, and you can't call in a reinforcement. Your chess move is ... ?

Im sorry for butting in. @Caiaphas

My chess move would be running TS, stunning vader, so Biggs cant call a assist and Wedge's Torpedo is weak. I ll also run SFTP and call another assist from TS and stun Wedge. All of my ships are faster than yours. The only move you got to play was biggs and i got free hits on vader and wedge.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

right those two ships were a staple in every top team, which is why people are complaining about how much they got nerfed.

Yeah, but my argument isnt "no ship got nerfed" its "not every ship got nerfed". Not even the meta ones. In effect, i am complaining about too much complaining (Wheeeee) but my argument still stands
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    ^ Like I said, I am REALLY hoping that I am wrong. Perhaps what you say will work. I hope so!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

No question that the new fleet arena is horrible. I was really looking forward to a shake-up, but immediately you find that Vader's ship + Biggs + 1 is the winning starting lineup. Every. Single. Team. Is. The. Same.
    Bad BAD idea, CG.
    Far from being better, fleet arena is now completely ruined
    What are the chances that the beta testers for this cried out for this to NOT go ahead, and were ignored?
    (I understand that it is still early days, but this is BAD)

Wow I would love people to run Vader+Biggs+1 in my shard.... If you are having a problem with that lineup your using the wrong ships

If this is all your seeing you have no idea what the REAL new meta is....and it's pretty sick when you start seeing it then you'll be like wow I wish people were running vader+biggs+1
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

The first is the hardest ship to farm (as it is a single-hard-node-only farm) and TFP is the pilot people geared the most to maximize his speed so he could go first. So, while it's certainly true that not all ships were nerfed - the ones hardest hit are the two that everyone poured the most time and resources into.

It's CG silliness like that that made f2p over a year ago. And the complete lack of communication on it that keeps me that way.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    On the bright side - I'd like to thank CG for making the new ship functionality such that no one in my fleet shard wants to waste their time. Normally I get knocked from top 10-20 to just barely in the top 50. After the update to "new and *IMPROVED* ships", I haven't dropped at all in 15+ hours. Thanks for that I guess. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options

Im sorry for butting in. @Caiaphas

My chess move would be running TS, stunning vader, so Biggs cant call a assist and Wedge's Torpedo is weak. I ll also run SFTP and call another assist from TS and stun Wedge. All of my ships are faster than yours. The only move you got to play was biggs and i got free hits on vader and wedge.

Hmm I tried that just now, and it works in theory ... I stunned Vader, and I stunned Wedge. So I delayed the inevitable for a turn. I still lost horribly, with their Biggs still alive and kicking when it was all said and done :( Perhaps if my capital ship was a tiny bit faster for the first reinforcement I could have pulled it off
  • metal_samurai
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    the latest kick in the **** is i can't even do the new challenge tier for ship omegas. unlike most people i was running mostly light side ships with windu leading, so i do not have and can not get a 6* executrix. apparently the complete lack of balance in ships was not punishment enough for using light side, now i lose an opportunity to strengthen those ships that all the dark side fleets get.

i'm trying to find a bright side to this mess, but it's just one middle finger after another in my direction.
  • Options
    Don't hold your breath.
  • Ruddiger
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I was placing in the 14-24 range before 2.0 and climbing every day. It was fun and kept me interested. Now I can't win at all, dropped to 37 so far with no chance of recovery thanks to only having 3 ships... which might as well be 2 or 1 since one gets blown away before I get a chance to do anything. Then i gotta wait a turn for tarkin to bring a reinforcement but by then I'm down to 1 ship. But alas, they've hit me with imperial assault before I know it.
  • Options
    Big thumbs down here. The battles take EXACTLY as long as they did before (about 1 min to 1:30), however now I have 2 less ships to choose from, thereby making the teams even less dynamic. This "update" clearly panders to new players, not a fan at all.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    the latest kick in the **** is i can't even do the new challenge tier for ship omegas. unlike most people i was running mostly light side ships with windu leading, so i do not have and can not get a 6* executrix. apparently the complete lack of balance in ships was not punishment enough for using light side, now i lose an opportunity to strengthen those ships that all the dark side fleets get.

i'm trying to find a bright side to this mess, but it's just one middle finger after another in my direction.

You can't blame the devs for your decision not to get 6* executrix, though.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    Lets hope this debaccle is handled in the same speedy, customer oriented and professional way the Sith Raid was handled.... oh wait.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Or the same way 300$ Visas bugs got fixed...oh wait
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

For some, it's not a choice. It is now completely impossible (not too hard or unbalanced, impossible) to unlock Tarkin's Capital Ship at 5* because the new requirements force you to already have his ship at 5* to unlock it at 5*. It calls for SIX non-capital ships at 4*, which is impossible in 3v3 format because you can only bring FIVE non-capital ships into battle w/o a 5* capital ship.

• Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

with respect mate you've only got yourself to blame if you haven't planned accordingly for what is a clear advantage for DS in ships up to this point. It's no secret. Tarkin was the best capital ship before Thrawn.

• jedilord
    338 posts Member
    Options
    as we have said: ships 2.0 which isn´t ships 2.0 it isn´t even a ships 1.0.0.1 is really really awful and it´s even more RNG based than before...
    is CG only capable to bring something new? it´s always awful when they change something^^
  • Options

if i'd made that decision after this change, then i'd agree with you. however i can blame them completely for worsening the disparity between light and dark side ships. that's my complaint. the dark side ships were already stronger, and it will only get worse as they're able to strengthen their ships in a way that i arbitrarily can't. it was bad already, it's now worse in addition to messing up everything else about ships.
  • Vahldin
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This has been terrible for diversity of game play. My shard is 49 Thrawns and one poor guy running Mace at position 48, props to him for bucking the system. The vast majority of those Thrawn teams are running, Vader, FOTP and Biggs. This 3v3 does nothing for making ships better it actually makes most things about ships much worse. We need more capital ships and at least five ships of each faction. Do away with the bench, 5 and out, add 3 more capital ships, a bunch of fighters and droids or something interesting to augment the fighter. Make the upgrades easier to get and ships will be more interesting to play. 49 Thrawns is just wrong.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

For some, it's not a choice. It is now completely impossible (not too hard or unbalanced, impossible) to unlock Tarkin's Capital Ship at 5* because the new requirements force you to already have his ship at 5* to unlock it at 5*. It calls for SIX non-capital ships at 4*, which is impossible in 3v3 format because you can only bring FIVE non-capital ships into battle w/o a 5* capital ship.

Yeah, that is a problem that should be addressed (and compensated!). I was reacting to someone who admitted neglecting their DS ships.
  • Options
    Rapid wrote: »

with respect mate you've only got yourself to blame if you haven't planned accordingly for what is a clear advantage for DS in ships up to this point. It's no secret. Tarkin was the best capital ship before Thrawn.

There are some guides out there advising newer players to play to strengths with Phoenix and go all in on Home One so they can go straight to Chimaera, while doing the bare minimum with Tarkin to get to the zeta challenge. Choices? Sure, but it wasn't necessarily bad planning on a newer player's part, it's bad luck that this dropped before their rosters were more developed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Vahldin wrote: »
    This has been terrible for diversity of game play. My shard is 49 Thrawns and one poor guy running Mace at position 48, props to him for bucking the system.

That'd be @NicWester :D Nic! We found a fleet shard mate for you!!

• Options
    Virtually all our previous investments prior to the update are worthless now thanks to this ships 2.0. I’ve been playing since the 2nd week of release, longer than most of you have been working on the game, and all my ships are almost maxed but now I’m having a hard time with a 1 year guy that doesn’t have even half my GP. I understand you’re in the business of making money and you want people to spend but this liberal idiolozed update to make things more level and “fair” in your eyes is making me want to quit. I don’t like the way the game is going. You’re release have been moves and counter moves over and over again. You release one character or ship, then you re write them or release another to counter it. It’s really getting annoying..
  • Options
    Here's a feature I really enjoy: my ships stay put during attack, but their health/protection bars fly around shooting lasers at the enemy. Absolutely fantastic stuff, and worthy of my support.
  • Options
    The 3 to 3 is no more than a question of luck now, no strategy.
    It s insane how unbalanced it is right now.
    I can’t figure out how they tested it and validated this nightmare.
    It went from not to bad to the worst thing in the game...