June 2018 SWGOH Calendar - Exclusive Release to Gaming-fans.com

Replies

• Options
    Why would you even need a hint at RJT or CLS at this point? If you aren't ready by now, that is on you completely. If you are too early in the game to be ready, then that is unfortunate but all you can do is plan for next time. I mean, the Vets have been out since what, last October? If you aren't ready by now then you can only blame yourself.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Why would you even need a hint at RJT or CLS at this point? If you aren't ready by now, that is on you completely. If you are too early in the game to be ready, then that is unfortunate but all you can do is plan for next time. I mean, the Vets have been out since what, last October? If you aren't ready by now then you can only blame yourself.

As a noob, I would appreciate the notice. I have cls characters ready... and jtr team I'm almost there on need about 17 days. The issue is more leveling them. It's 10 toons and I'd like to know which set of 5 to focus on taking from 75 to 85 first.

Right now I'm left alternating 5 levels to 1 set and then 5 to another. I know I need to do both and I am.... but it would be nice to be told which to laser focus on.

Would prefer not to miss both because I target the wrong one and have to wait till October timeframe to get when I could conceivably be ready for both if done in the right order
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    They've said the cadence is 3 months, so that's your hint for farming. The vets take long enough to farm that even if Rey were to show up on the June calendar it's far too late to start farming.

However, it'd be nice to know whether to save that next zeta for Rey, or assign it to another hero. Rey coming in June or July would make a reasonable difference for stockpiling zetas and omegas.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    They've said the cadence is 3 months, so that's your hint for farming. The vets take long enough to farm that even if Rey were to show up on the June calendar it's far too late to start farming.

However, it'd be nice to know whether to save that next zeta for Rey, or assign it to another hero. Rey coming in June or July would make a reasonable difference for stockpiling zetas and omegas.

Yeah been working vets since I hit 85. Averaging 10 a day. 17 days I'll be at 7 star on both. All are lvl 7 attacks. The question is cls team to 85 and omega first or jtr team.

Can do one by the 14th... not both. So the heads up would be much appreciated.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Hero’s Journeys
    Similar to Legendaries and Mythics, we have a concept of a New and Legacy Hero’s Journey.
    The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Crovino
    20 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    Can do one by the 14th... not both. So the heads up would be much appreciated.

BB-8 is slotted to come back mid-month, while R2 is slotted for the end. I think that tells you which one to level first... or just bank it all and level neither until you know for sure.
  • Options
    As a noob, I would appreciate the notice. I have cls characters ready... and jtr team I'm almost there on need about 17 days. The issue is more leveling them. It's 10 toons and I'd like to know which set of 5 to focus on taking from 75 to 85 first.

Right now I'm left alternating 5 levels to 1 set and then 5 to another. I know I need to do both and I am.... but it would be nice to be told which to laser focus on.

Would prefer not to miss both because I target the wrong one and have to wait till October timeframe to get when I could conceivably be ready for both if done in the right order

Shaggy, I would think that RJT will come after BB8. IF she comes next month. Could certainly be July before we see either her event or CLS' come back.

What I have done in the past is to just hoard gear and credits. Then try the first event and level as you need to in order to pass it.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Shaggy, I would think that RJT will come after BB8. IF she comes next month. Could certainly be July before we see either her event or CLS' come back.

What I have done in the past is to just hoard gear and credits. Then try the first event and level as you need to in order to pass it.

That's not a bad idea. Thanks.

For cls I've done the first few stages. I'm at 3 or 4 now. 115 cls shards already from last attempt and my characters were a joke at that point. Rng for the win
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Edward wrote: »
    Login characterise missing?

They already announced it a few days ago, it's Lando
    Where did you saw that? :o

• JamhaHebir
    20 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I think we are likely to see them in June so seeing them now is not so strange. RJT made her second appearance on March 15. Exactly 3 months would be June 15. Oh look who is on the calendar during that time.
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    So bb8 event returning but no rey?

They said it would be a maximum of 3 months after the last one right? So her and Luke HAVE to return next month and they have to give us 2 weeks notice.

they dont HAVE to do anything, this is a game, a game that you are choosing to play, and the timetable is completely on their terms. They could have complete setbacks, that prevent them from doing something, like adding the 2 more pieces towards G13 that they said they were "Confident" that they would be able to hit with TU12, they said that months ago. and still no more G12 pieces. :smile: Just take it when it comes, and if you arent ready, 2 weeks isnt really that much time to get yourself ready if you are thinking as a F2P player.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

They said it would be a maximum of 3 months after the last one right? So her and Luke HAVE to return next month and they have to give us 2 weeks notice.

they dont HAVE to do anything, this is a game, a game that you are choosing to play, and the timetable is completely on their terms. They could have complete setbacks, that prevent them from doing something, like adding the 2 more pieces towards G13 that they said they were "Confident" that they would be able to hit with TU12, they said that months ago. and still no more G12 pieces. :smile: Just take it when it comes, and if you arent ready, 2 weeks isnt really that much time to get yourself ready if you are thinking as a F2P player.

They actually HAVE TO meet certain expectations as developers of a game that takes in mass quantities of money a day. As a business there are EXPECTATIONS as to the quality of the product and customer service provided to us, the players who keep the game alive with our activity (monetary and in game)
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    Options
    frtpskn wrote: »
    hero journeys have 4 or 6 month time circle

No event legendary or adventure journey returned after 6 months. The longest wait was 4 months.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147885/legendary-events-dates
  • CaptainHamm
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

They actually HAVE TO meet certain expectations as developers of a game that takes in mass quantities of money a day. As a business there are EXPECTATIONS as to the quality of the product and customer service provided to us, the players who keep the game alive with our activity (monetary and in game)

okay, sure, they do have to meet certain expectations, but when they went under the umbrella that is E.A. those expectations that we as a player base have, become non-existent. they are required to make money, yes, and the majority of that money is coming in the form of ad revenue, and other instances, so...while it makes sense to the player base to keep the playerbase happy, financially, there is little impact that the player base actually makes to a game like this. the microtransactions, that the whales get hooked on, are what drives the economy. the fact that this games playerbase are f2p, or only slight spenders, lets EA, not the Player base dictate the terms of scheduling, and the game devs know that. I would love for anyone who cries and moans about missed deadlines, to stand up and tell me they never missed a single deadline in their life...

you all are entitled to your own opinions, and i am mine,

</end rant>
  • Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Edward wrote: »
    Login characterise missing?

They already announced it a few days ago, it's Lando

Lando? Mmm free shard shop currency...unless...new young lando comes out...
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    they are required to make money, yes, and the majority of that money is coming in the form of ad revenue, and other instances, so...while it makes sense to the player base to keep the playerbase happy, financially, there is little impact that the player base actually makes to a game like this. the microtransactions, that the whales get hooked on, are what drives the economy. the fact that this games playerbase are f2p, or only slight spenders, lets EA, not the Player base dictate the terms of scheduling, and the game devs know that.

Wow, please at least do a quick Google search before you make such overconfident statements.

"Star Wars has become a bankable brand on mobile.
    Electronic Arts revealed today that the mobile role-playing game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes boasts average play times of 162 minutes a day. This info came as part of EA’s Q4 and full fiscal year 2017 earnings report, which boasts record net sales and operating cash flow thanks largely to digital revenue streams that come from games like Galaxy of Heroes.
    For the fiscal year 2017, digital sales made up 61 percent of EA’s net sales with $3.034 billion. This is up 20 percent year over year."

Other reports show: $68,958 DAILY REVENUE ESTIMATE, and $5M revenue in Apr 2018 Worldwide

And I don't see any ads in this game.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Source please. I don't remember that at all.

You should spend less time with useless comments and more time reading the valuable info devs releases
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Source please. I don't remember that at all.

You should spend less time with useless comments and more time reading the valuable info devs releases

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018 Here you go now you can continue to harassing people that post
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

You could have added it states 3 to 4 months with that link
  • Options
    So, why isn't TB on the calendar?
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    So, why isn't TB on the calendar?

Official post is up and includes TBs.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options

Seeing as they explicitly stated that Heroes Journey events would return every 3-4 months (I mistakenly thought it was 2-3) yes they do have to. Lying to you customer base is a terrible business practice and they know it. They made a huge deal about keeping that promise. So maybe stop being so patronizing when you don't actually have any idea what you're talking about.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

okay, sure, they do have to meet certain expectations, but when they went under the umbrella that is E.A. those expectations that we as a player base have, become non-existent. they are required to make money, yes, and the majority of that money is coming in the form of ad revenue, and other instances, so...while it makes sense to the player base to keep the playerbase happy, financially, there is little impact that the player base actually makes to a game like this. the microtransactions, that the whales get hooked on, are what drives the economy. the fact that this games playerbase are f2p, or only slight spenders, lets EA, not the Player base dictate the terms of scheduling, and the game devs know that. I would love for anyone who cries and moans about missed deadlines, to stand up and tell me they never missed a single deadline in their life...

you all are entitled to your own opinions, and i am mine,

</end rant>

You're not entitled to call a blatant lie an opinion. There are no ads in this game, saying they rely on ad revenue is poodoo.
  • Options
    I've got no interest in seeing any calendar- quite the opposite. I'm farming what I'm farming. End of story.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    I've got no interest in seeing any calendar- quite the opposite. I'm farming what I'm farming. End of story.

I kinda agree most months, but this month it was unclear what the next TB would be (or if one would happen next week for sure) and we also have a new mythic event.
  • Options

I kinda agree most months, but this month it was unclear what the next TB would be (or if one would happen next week for sure) and we also have a new mythic event.

Has there been any word on what the schedule for TB and TW will be? I was under the impression that they were "shaking things up a bit".
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options

Has there been any word on what the schedule for TB and TW will be? I was under the impression that they were "shaking things up a bit".

@Chucko_marek calendar shows the usual schedule now, with LSTB up next.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Leviathan @CG_SBCrumb are these dates right so the events are two days long now? Or a typo?
    DEFENSE OF DATHOMIR
    Starts: June 9th
    Ends: June 10th

GHOSTS OF DATHOMIR
    Starts: June 11th
    Ends: June 12th
  • Options

@Chucko_marek calendar shows the usual schedule now, with LSTB up next.

I was meaning more on how they repeat, they were being run every other week? I thought I read they were going to change things up how often they ran them because people complained.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options

I just wanna know if I should save my credits/gear/zetas for her or not.
This discussion has been closed.