13Next

Replies

• TVF
    36771 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've got no interest in seeing any calendar- quite the opposite. I'm farming what I'm farming. End of story.

I kinda agree most months, but this month it was unclear what the next TB would be (or if one would happen next week for sure) and we also have a new mythic event.

Has there been any word on what the schedule for TB and TW will be? I was under the impression that they were "shaking things up a bit".

@Chucko_marek calendar shows the usual schedule now, with LSTB up next.

I was meaning more on how they repeat, they were being run every other week? I thought I read they were going to change things up how often they ran them because people complained.

Look at the official calendar.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/171288/event-calendar-june#latest
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    Why would you even need a hint at RJT or CLS at this point? If you aren't ready by now, that is on you completely. If you are too early in the game to be ready, then that is unfortunate but all you can do is plan for next time. I mean, the Vets have been out since what, last October? If you aren't ready by now then you can only blame yourself.

I just wanna know if I should save my credits/gear/zetas for her or not.

Since there's no way to know when she's coming back for sure, only you can answer this question. If it were me I'd stockpile what I need and then allow myself to spend whatever I manage to collect over that amount.
  • Sharonp
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Are wicket and the nightsister events now only once monthly?
  • Options
    Sharonp wrote: »

When they were released i believe it was said that the event would return "at least" once a month, so the 2 were nice but not guaranteed
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    55378008 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Seems strange that they would post “their” calendar on another website before posting it on “their” own forum...... isn’t that weird?

Not really. It isn’t a partnership then. Once it’s posted here it’s just a thing.
    What? That statement makes absolutely no sense.
    Where did the person you're replying to mention anything about a partnership?

Yes, yes it is entirely strange that the official forum gets the update after a non-related 3rd party one does.

It's about $$. It's really no different than when you start an app and it immediately has pop ups advertising other games. That site probably has paid a bit of money to have this happen.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Sharonp wrote: »

It looks like once a month, but now they run for two days. At least that's how Defense of Dathomir looks. But, also, it's happening right now and the next one's a couple weeks away. I want to say we did one early this month, too, but I don't remember and can't be buggered to check the May calendar. But if that's true, then we'll have had four in two months.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Okay, has the event 'Days Like These' for farming the Vets been discontinued?
  • UdalCuain
    5049 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, has the event 'Days Like These' for farming the Vets been discontinued?

"Days like these" was a marquee event. These are one time events to release and introduce new characters , so no, it won't be back.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    They've said the cadence is 3 months, so that's your hint for farming. The vets take long enough to farm that even if Rey were to show up on the June calendar it's far too late to start farming.

However, it'd be nice to know whether to save that next zeta for Rey, or assign it to another hero. Rey coming in June or July would make a reasonable difference for stockpiling zetas and omegas.

Yeah been working vets since I hit 85. Averaging 10 a day. 17 days I'll be at 7 star on both. All are lvl 7 attacks. The question is cls team to 85 and omega first or jtr team.

Can do one by the 14th... not both. So the heads up would be much appreciated.

I'd recommend stockpiling your omegas and other mats until one of them appears or you have enough to do both. I am sure that's what you are doing already, but just in case you aren't. If both events happen then just choose which is more important to you.
  • Options
    So no Chinera this month either, eh?

Looks like I’m going to have an even tougher time with ships 2.0 than I thought...
  • Options
    Where did the person you're replying to mention anything about a partnership?

Source: https://freshcalendars.com/june-2018-calendar
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    What does that have to do with anything SWGOH?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    So no Chinera this month either, eh?

Looks like I’m going to have an even tougher time with ships 2.0 than I thought...

Why? Chimaera isn't that good. Use Executrix.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Chimaera isn't that good.

It may not be the dominant meta anymore, but "isn't that good" is just simply not true.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

It may not be the dominant meta anymore, but "isn't that good" is just simply not true.

Well it's definitely in the top 3 capital ships, anyway.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options

You'll get over your Endurance nerf someday.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    They won't give notice so much before the event. Bb8 is an hint, you can guess she'll be back or you can guess she won't, you'll never be sure about that. The reason is simple: you don't give notice of an event for which you will sell packs. It's counterproductive. Inducing panic farming and crystals/packs shopping is more what happens in this sort of games.

This is not a criticism. Just a reality check.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options

So @NicWester did you change your mind?
    I like 3-ship starting lineups, I just cannot stand that the capital ships were largely ignored in the update, which resulted in Endurance being a complete waste and the already-great Executrix and Chimaera becoming unstoppable killing machines.

I finally found an Endurance and Home One to play against on my leaderboard so I could get a better feel for ship combat and it's more fun than before. The problem is that I'm currently sitting at 220 on the board, with approximately 219 Executrices and Chimaeras ahead of me.

My big issue with ships 1.0 was that of the four capital ships, Chimaera completely dominated, Executrix was great for people who hadn't unlocked Chimaera yet, Home One was useful for unlocking Chimaera and then never looking at again, and Endurance existed for......... I dunno, reasons?

Now you have two dominant ships and two that may as well be launched into the sun. Why use anything else?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Of course I changed my mind. That was a day one opinion, we're over a week in. Imagine being someone on this forum that doesn't change their mind as they get more experience, information, and data and just holds onto a knee-**** opinion as if it was the Lord's own truth all along.

Executrix > Home One > Chimaera > a jar of mayonnaise > paying a parking ticket > Endurance.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    ^^ lol
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Executrix > Home One > Chimaera

I find this very unlikely. Especially because I'm destroying Executrix. I still see zero Home One so I have no clue if it's stronger now but no way it's ahead of Chim.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Executrix > Home One > Chimaera

I find this very unlikely. Especially because I'm destroying Executrix. I still see zero Home One so I have no clue if it's stronger now but no way it's ahead of Chim.

Home One is faster (assuming equal investment) and its AoE now guarantees two assists instead of requiring buffed allies for assists. You can burn through Biggs super fast and then focus on the other ships while Chimaera is recovering.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options
    So...no bounty events? I need my Wampa shard! I NEEEEED THEM!
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    They won't give notice so much before the event. Bb8 is an hint, you can guess she'll be back or you can guess she won't, you'll never be sure about that. The reason is simple: you don't give notice of an event for which you will sell packs. It's counterproductive. Inducing panic farming and crystals/packs shopping is more what happens in this sort of games.

6/14-6/20 not being Jedi Strained Rey is back. Notice was given today.
  • Options

Where was the official notice given?
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options

Where was the official notice given?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/172086/rey-s-heros-journey-6-14-6-20#latest

This discussion has been closed.