Let's Talk Jawas

Replies

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    I think you mean "Untinni!" my friend. :) Nice try though @Rath_Tarr lol. Jk man. ;) but still...
    I never claimed to be fluent. :p

@Rath_Tarr LOL. It's alright. I still understood ya. No worries. ;) haha
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • shadow87654
    82 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    y1mownoysdu1.png
    I have this which someone said they beat it with with some decent mods yet to farm jaws but they're on my to do list
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    So what do you do with these guys? Are they even worth taking to 7*? Are there any who are complete duds? Are they ALL complete duds?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    y1mownoysdu1.png
    I have this which someone said they beat it with with some decent mods yet to farm jaws but they're on my to do list

@YKMisfit @shadow87654 These are my jawas. I beat and 3 starred all three tiers of the crit damage mods challenge with them. I had 7 starred them just in case we would ever need them for a C3P0 legendary event. But other than that, that's it. I haven't touched them since the mod challenge. They were 7 star when I beat it, go figure. They all are the same gear level, xp level, ability level, and they have the same mods, etc. So you get the point. lol. ;) I just don't see a need for them in my current roster. That's all. Sorry jawas. Maybe you'll be needed for a C3P0 legendary event. But until then, move along... move along... :sweat_smile:

slmqbna5lhbr.png

That's them. lol. :smiley:
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've long since 3*d the T3 mod challenge. I took Dathcha to 7* because I didn't have anything else to farm in the GW store anyway, and when I 7* my Raid Han, I'll run the Brotini team in HAAT. I also took Scav to 7 for the same reason, and Engineer because I'd like to use him with droids.

I've given up hope on Jawa. I took him to 5* and that's where he'll stay until I can find a use for him or start needing whatever gear is on his hard node.

Nebit, I'm sure I'll bring up to 7* just because of the droid team above, but I still have 2 more toons I want out of the squad store before I feel like I can get the last star on him.

Thanks again for those who replied. There were a couple of very useful suggestions in here that I hadn't though of or read elsewhere so thanks for the input!
  • Options
    Well, with the change to mod challenges, I think we can drop the reasons to ever farm a single shard for any of the jawas down to 0.

As outlined in some of the posts above, they can be used in some parts of the game, but finding a use for a toon you already have and going out and actively farming one are two very different things. I think we can all agree that the things we've discussed here and the areas of the game that we've been able to find roles for them can be done by other toons, and often in a far superior way.

I don't understand the change to the jawa mod challenge requirements from CG's perspective. Why create a game, 5 characters, build in faction synergies and a role only to eliminate the one reason people had for using them? We've created a product, now lets eliminate the market for it!

Hopefully they create some kind of Jawa event like they have for Ewoks, or make them the "other" faction in one of the existing (or upcoming) Assault Battles or something.
  • Options
    Jawas dont really have a race wide synergy now...if they gonna rework them.

For example,
    FO: advantage.
    Resistance: expose.
    BH: contracts.
    something like that.

Jawa? huh? probably have more synergy with droids than themselves.
  • Options
    I very much doubt we'll see a faction rework for jawas, nor am I calling for one.

I just figure it makes most sense for CG and the game in general for as many toons as possible (or at least each faction, if not every toon within it) to have an actual use for something in game. Yes, the jawas weren't good in arena or any other game mode for that matter, but they were needed to be able to farm one type of mod in the game, and that's fine. One small purpose is better than no purpose at all. But as it stands now, they just took 5 toons from their game and made them 100% irrelevant.

• Options
    Well, with the change to mod challenges, I think we can drop the reasons to ever farm a single shard for any of the jawas down to 0.

As outlined in some of the posts above, they can be used in some parts of the game, but finding a use for a toon you already have and going out and actively farming one are two very different things. I think we can all agree that the things we've discussed here and the areas of the game that we've been able to find roles for them can be done by other toons, and often in a far superior way.

I don't understand the change to the jawa mod challenge requirements from CG's perspective. Why create a game, 5 characters, build in faction synergies and a role only to eliminate the one reason people had for using them? We've created a product, now lets eliminate the market for it!

Hopefully they create some kind of Jawa event like they have for Ewoks, or make them the "other" faction in one of the existing (or upcoming) Assault Battles or something.
    Jawas aren’t the only useless faction. When is the last time you used a Tusken for anything?
  • Options
    I'm not saying they're the only useless faction, but they did have a use and now they don't. Not only that, but Tuskens are 3 toons and actually have an omega battle that they can be used in (I think jawas do too, actually). There are lots of useless toons from meaningful factions (Lobot-Various Rebel Events, Mob Enforcer-CH/DH), and there are other useless factions that have useful toons (Separatists-Asajj/B2/Dooku), but a useless faction made up entirely of useless toons? That's just terrible.

Look, I run 2 alternate accounts that don't have jawas or crit damage mods yet (I was farming them, but that's fine, I'm happy to stop) so this change actually benefits me. I'm not bitter or anything, I just don't get why they would want to have any more useless factions than they already do. I would think the goal would be to give people more reason to use all the things you've built into the game, not less.
  • Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »

Jawas aren’t the only useless faction. When is the last time you used a Tusken for anything?

Um...TW clean up team?
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It's all factions which really bugs me. If you want CD or Potency mods for example and don't have Jawas & Empire developed enough you had an option: settle for 1 & 2 dot. The 3-5 dots were a reward for players with a wide balanced roster. Now it's just a free-for-all and removes the resource management and attention needed to actually build 8 solid teams with different cores. Rewarding players who don't bother focusing on goals and just build one really strong team. I feel it's made the game weaker overall.

I really wanted CD mods for my FO team so I was in the middle of farming Jawas. Now any bloke who hasn't bothered farming or focusing can go out and farm the same mods I was building towards.
  • Options
    I take it all back. I see that you can use them in the Jakku Omega Battles! Step aside 7* G12 NS team...Nebit and his crew got this! lol
  • Options
    Utinni!!! :D
  • Options
    Sorry for being late to the post, but my honest opinion is they aren't worth the time to fully gear out. c2t0a8sfwybt.png
    Here's a picture of my Jawa team all at Gear 12.
  • Options
    Hyptic wrote: »
    Sorry for being late to the post, but my honest opinion is they aren't worth the time to fully gear out. c2t0a8sfwybt.png

In fairness pretty much anyone could have told you that without you actually going ahead and doing it mate lol! :D

Also - jumping off 80ft cliffs is painful mate, take my work for it :wink:
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Necro batman!

And Hyptic, I see you ahead on the rest of us for when the Jawa ship meta starts! First it was Geo's, then BH, soon sith, and Jawa's anytime now!
  • Options
    As someone who loves Jawas, I am taking the time and effort to farm them all to gear 12 regardless of their usefulness or not.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • Options

Ugh, buddy. This might be the worst use of valuable gear I have ever seen in the game. They quite literally have zero usage.
  • Options
    And a really low GP to bother putting it all on them. I could understand a "pet project" later on when key characters are G12 but...
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Also - jumping off 80ft cliffs is painful mate, take my work for it :wink:

Wow. That's a good tip @CoastalJames :joy:;)
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    And a really low GP to bother putting it all on them. I could understand a "pet project" later on when key characters are G12 but...

I didn't even notice that. Yeah... ouch. :grimace: Nice find. @Vendi1983
  • Options
    Ahh replying to ancient thread lol....
    Anyhoo My Jawas are effective in GA as a defense, players often underestimate them and send in a trash team that loses and that one misstep can win me my matchup. I'm planning at 3mil. Gp and often both boards are cleared so any mistakes can cost you the match.
    Not suggesting to farm them but if you have them use them. Old teams can confuse your opponent and most of them are not on the counter charts
  • Options
    As someone who loves Jawas, I am taking the time and effort to farm them all to gear 12 regardless of their usefulness or not.

It appears that I've been sidetracked since then. Not got them there yet, but definitely will.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    I fought against a GA Jawa team, all level 85 7* for the first time recently. I'm 1.8 mill GP with a horrible roster. They didn't even get a turn against 1 of my crummy b-teams. I think I took them with my Poggle HK 86 G soldier and Daka team.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Guys this thread is from last year. Y’all know that right? Why comment on it.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    If they ever restore the Jawa mod requirement we'll all be happy?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I fought against a GA Jawa team, all level 85 7* for the first time recently. I'm 1.8 mill GP with a horrible roster. They didn't even get a turn against 1 of my crummy b-teams. I think I took them with my Poggle HK 86 G soldier and Daka team.

That's the problem of this game, cool old teams that are part of the first trilogy are totally forgotten! #shame
    @CG_Carrie utinni?
    348-987-811 since 24th Jan 2016
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Volcanico wrote: »

That's the problem of this game, cool old teams that are part of the first trilogy are totally forgotten! #shame
    @CG_Carrie utinni?

Old teams from the first trilogy ?

Like the rebel team that can kill jedi revan ?
    Or the ewoks ?
    Bounty hunters ?
    Emperor ?
  • Options
    Jawas are good for wiping out the sandpeople faction
  • Options
    Load them up with hp/protection and loads of potency and you can suicide them against teams with loads of AOE Nd all the RnG the gods can give you lol
This discussion has been closed.