Unequal drop rate between Zombie and Spirit event.

Prev13
Okay, I’ve thought of asking this many times before , after getting ANOTHER 16 spirit shards from the event I’ve had enough and now I’m asking the question. Is the drop rate heavily favoured towards getting NS spirit shards over Zombie shards? I ask because in my experience and many guildmates experience, we always get Spirit shards. I’ve done maybe 15 of those events and got Spirit shards 13 of those times, unlucky for some? Coincidence or design? How’s your drop rate been for Zombie from the event? And yes Zombie is on a single hard node, and yes I am farming her since it seems virtually impossible to get her shards from event. So is the drop rate heavily rigged towards getting Spirit shards, it can’t be a coincidence.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    I've been mainly zombie, just the luck of the draw/RNG, 15 shards for her today.
  • IrulanHarkonnen
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Maybe indeed it's just a coincidence, most of the time I get Zombie and Spirit shards. Only two times got only Zombie shards and never got only Spirit shards... That's what I experienced until now, I'm not talking for anyone else.
  • Options
    Glad you got some Zombie shards though mate
  • Options
    My “luck” has been all spirit the last 7 rounds. Spirit is almost 6* while zombie has had no movement, still low star level, but that’s ok. Use her as an aggro magnet and still affective in STR.
  • Pieriku
    73 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I received mainly zombies since the beginning of this event so I guess it's nothing but luck.
  • Options
    I mainly get spirit. But today i got 14 zombie shards so...
    I think its likely the same likelyhood and just bad luck on rng getting spirit when you are after zombie
  • Options
    I generally only get Spirit from the event but I'm not actively farming either of them at the moment so Spirit/Zombie, either is good for me. Though I hope my rng will start to favor Zombie once Spirit is 7*. lol
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    I get zombie shards about 70% of the time. Works for me.
  • Options
    I think it's purely down to luck with the RNG I have dropped a lot more spirit shards over the course of the event but today I got 14 zombie shards. A lot of my guild mates have had the opposite and mainly get zombie
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't track the last few events but only got Zombie this event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you didnt track it for each event, then it's hard to know if it's just confirmation bias or actual data.

It also isn't rigged, they could have different drop rates, there are many things in this game that have weighted drop rates.

From the limited responses we have seen to just be RMG.
  • FerLandrossa
    198 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My experience mirrors a lot of others; way more spirit than zombie.

Without a large enough sample size though its difficult to know for sure if it's bad luck and there is an equal chance for either to drop.

There is no reason that it has to be equal though. And it really wouldnt suprise me if it started equal, but then after the game population had done the "beta testing" for them, they tweaked it to favour spirit given that zombie turned out to actually be useful.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    RNG WAI.

Before they became farmable I had about 60 more Zombie shards than Spirit, so I was very happy. But just got 16 spirit shards today, which was a bummer. Only need 45 more Zombie shards to have it 7*
  • Options
    Well spirit definitely does have a higher chance of dropping
  • Options

based on what data? My Zombie has 36 more shards than Spirit...
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Bad luck. Overall my zombie is 56/65 while my spirit is 35/65. I have not farmed any of these shards. I’ve gotten them all from the event.
  • Options
    Coincidence. I have a 5* 11/85 Zombie and 4* 11/65 Spirit. Got 14 Spirit today, and I am good with that because Spirit happens to have a pretty neat situational kit. Either way is fine with me.
  • Options
    I get Zombie more than Spirit. I know because I've never gotten either from another source, but I have a 4* Zombie and a 3* Spirit.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Roughly 90% zombie here.
  • Options
    I got 8/8 zombie shards, it’s just rng and your feelings , the drop rate is random.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

We look forward to you presenting statistically relevant data.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

His statistics are that his spirit is further along than his zombie. One persons situation must equal universal truth.
  • LenoraLupin
    420 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I generally only get Spirit from the event but I'm not actively farming either of them at the moment so Spirit/Zombie, either is good for me. Though I hope my rng will start to favor Zombie once Spirit is 7*. lol

And for the second night I went 17 Spirit shards to add to the 16 I got last night. lol

Edit: Thought my Zombie is at 43/65 shards so it's not like she's that far behind. So it might just be that I mostly get Spirit with a sprinkling of Zombie shards. lol
  • Options
    8 zombie, 8 spirit today. Still works for me.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

His statistics are that his spirit is further along than his zombie. One persons situation must equal universal truth.

But my Zombie is further along than my spirit. So apparently, the game only hates some of you. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I've gotten exactly 0 zombie shards across all attempts. Drop rate of spirit is 100%. The fact that others are pulling zombie is irrelevant.
  • Options
    I get mostly spirit. But that's fine, I actually prefer that. Zombie is about 50 shards from 7 while I never farmed spirit, and cantina 16 nodes are worse for me than hard nodes
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I've gotten exactly 0 zombie shards across all attempts. Drop rate of spirit is 100%. The fact that others are pulling zombie is irrelevant.

I'm 99% sure this is parody, but it's so darn hard to tell in this place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH