That challenge gear in raids post...

Replies

• Options
    Nope never missed them

So many characters require them that you buy the 25 components for 375 crystals. They will be needed for G12+ pieces too
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    At lower levels if you can't do top level weekly challenges it might be needed, but heroic rewards should be tuned for endgame players
  • Options
    LOL, anyone who thinks for one second that the mk8 biotech salvage should be removed is deluding themselves and presuming way to much about building squads.

• Options
    And furthermore, those mk8 ARE endgame gear, they are required across multiple characters and they are required to build g12 and g12+ gear. They are the new mk3 carbanti, get used to it.

Having a few hundred or a thousand is nice, for now. .. . Start building your roster, see how long those really last.
  • Options
    3 mil gp and I have 2058 of those mk8 and they only keep climbing. Definitely need to be removed from raid drops as I get more than is needed from challenges.
  • Options
    3 mil gp and I have 2058 of those mk8 and they only keep climbing. Definitely need to be removed from raid drops as I get more than is needed from challenges.

Lol ok
  • Oguleya
    76 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks, I do feel better. Just gotta let it out sometime. Goosefraba. Any dev's wanna chime that be great. On this topic and why it be too difficult to add to more toons to stores that are 100% farmed out. Also unacceptable
  • Options
    The guy obviously crafted loads so his salvage is dirt low
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Left hand holds item of neglible value
    Right hand holds higher value commodity

1: avoid giving right hand (not saturating the demand)
    2: left hand gives a commodity free/cheap which elevates the need for right hand commodity - “nice lamps you got there, shame they only work with the special batteries I have on sale over here”

It’s not rocket science, but obviously a lot of us are quite impressionable
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    l8c5jt74mezs.jpg
    Ur kidding, right?
    The only way you could need those is if you've missed daily challenges.They need to be removed as well

False, I never miss a challenge and I've also run out. Once you get more toons geared up, you will wish you had more......

Checked my .gg, I need 101 gold balls, and that's not counting the ones needed as part of g11 finishing pieces
  • Options
    Jaxom wrote: »
    l8c5jt74mezs.jpg
    Ur kidding, right?
    The only way you could need those is if you've missed daily challenges.They need to be removed as well

False, I never miss a challenge and I've also run out. Once you get more toons geared up, you will wish you had more......

Checked my .gg, I need 101 gold balls, and that's not counting the ones needed as part of g11 finishing pieces

Been playing since Day 1 - I have a fully matured roster - most toons 7* and geared up - I have 1678 pieces of these to the 44 pieces of the component. THEY CAN GO.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    xbzr2mc3yfh2.png
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    l8c5jt74mezs.jpg
    Ur kidding, right?

We all know lots of eyeballs are needed. How tho do you not earn the salvage at a much faster rate than the prototypes, unless you're spending crystals to buy them.
    I buy the mk 8 implant prototype anytime I see it in guild or shard shop. I currently have 900 salvage and 30 prototype.

If you're running low on salvage, its only if you're spending crystals to buy prototypes.. if so just spend crystal to buy salvage as well, or fully crafted pieces. The rest of us want that out of our raid loot pool.
  • Options
    I'm all for removing common gear/salvage that most people has thousands of. Maybe it's too difficult for the Devs to code newer rewards to replace them?

What about creating a new non-OP Toon (or 2) that actually uses all those pieces? Certain pieces cause everyone headaches because of the "gear crunch". They could structure it that these new Toons never use those "gear crunch" pieces, but instead eat up all those that almost no one else uses?

Wouldn't that be easier to implement?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    I'm all for removing common gear/salvage that most people has thousands of. Maybe it's too difficult for the Devs to code newer rewards to replace them?

What about creating a new non-OP Toon (or 2) that actually uses all those pieces? Certain pieces cause everyone headaches because of the "gear crunch". They could structure it that these new Toons never use those "gear crunch" pieces, but instead eat up all those that almost no one else uses?

Wouldn't that be easier to implement?

For real, some "freebie" toons in terms of gear. Sounds like a GREAT place for some much needed Generic toons, like, oh, I don't know, Rebel Y-Wing Pilot, Imperial Tie Bomber Pilot, FO tie bomber pilot, Generic Geonosian bug # 5, b1 generic droid, Tusken sharpshooter, and Tusken sand ambusher dude.
    Off the top of my head.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Problem is each piece of gear adds various stats. Theyd have to code new higher level gear pieces that give the stats we want that would use up a bunch of the underused gear pieces as parts to make up a new greater gear piece
  • Options
    Add an extra box that gives ONLY challenge gear... Remove challenge gear from existing boxes... Hmmm...
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    l8c5jt74mezs.jpg
    Ur kidding, right?

We all know lots of eyeballs are needed. How tho do you not earn the salvage at a much faster rate than the prototypes, unless you're spending crystals to buy them.
    I buy the mk 8 implant prototype anytime I see it in guild or shard shop. I currently have 900 salvage and 30 prototype.

If you're running low on salvage, its only if you're spending crystals to buy prototypes.. if so just spend crystal to buy salvage as well, or fully crafted pieces. The rest of us want that out of our raid loot pool.

^This. If you need those salvages, buy them as well. But you're in that 0.5% (or maybe 2% or 3%) of players who have this problem. But a vast majority of us would like these gear pieces to be removed.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Is there some gear piece I've missed that requires the challenge gear eyeball and not the other eyeball? Because if not, I don't see how you can be running out. You get a bunch for free three times a week, the other you have to farm or buy. So how on earth are you running out of the free one? You'd have to be buying so many of the other one that you burn through all your free ones too, which means...maybe slow down on buying those?

With that said I only want challenge gear removed if it's replaced by something useful. If it just gets removed, that doesn't help.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't they say they reverted the raid reward changes because the changes were meant to be two-fold, and that once they add the new gear to the heroic sith raid that they would remove the challenge gear again and everything would make sense or something?
  • Options
    I got nothing but challenge gear last haat we did and I finished 3rd. That needs to be dealt with. Unacceptable
  • Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    They purposefully nerfed herioc raid drops while buffing lower tier drops. People complained and they said the easiest thing to do was revert the changes, giving back herioc the amazing drops and putting t1-6 drops back to useless and stated that was their only option. Then somehow complaints about the t1-6 drops no longer were a priority.
    I think they made the lower tiers worse under the new system and scrapped it for heroic because of complaints. So everyone except heroic guilds are suffering from those updates they implemented.

• Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    l8c5jt74mezs.jpg
    Ur kidding, right?

I have bought some of the 25 for 375 on the gold pieces, but not very many. I also have a very developed roster, and place highly in all raids regularly. So I have been able to use my salvage for those pieces at a fairly high rate. I'm currently sitting on 8/60 on the challenge gear for gold balls, and I have bought the 25 for 375 maybe once in the past 4 months.
  • JeerCScaas
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    l8c5jt74mezs.jpg
    Ur kidding, right?

3.4M GP, 47 g12 and 35g11 intense and highly committed player. Never miss a refresh or a challenge.
    I somehow managed to empty my eyeball challenge gear stash. Before the non challenge one.
    More of my guildmates are reaching this point.

• Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    With that said I only want challenge gear removed if it's replaced by something useful. If it just gets removed, that doesn't help.

True.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Never missed a single challenge but I noticed last night I only have 1200 mk 8 gold balls while a lot of toons I'm working on need 2 to 3 of these for the next gear. I have 1200 of these and I feel like I'm about to run out of these pretty soon now that I'm starting to use 375 crystals for 25 gold balls
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    l8c5jt74mezs.jpg
    Ur kidding, right?
    Agree. Daily challenges gear shouldn't be inside Raid rewards. Keep
  • Ferdolima
    33 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    C'mon guys you know: this POST born and Will die without any dev response. But If you make any useless observation @CG_SBCrumb Will answer you.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I know people are still unhappy with the current drops from raid having challenge gear. Couldn’t we just remove challenge gear and make the other drops have 3-5 more? Also Very Very Very pleased to hear that mod management is finally happening :).