That challenge gear in raids post...

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Those dumb people saying mk8 salvages are abundant because they are found in daily challenges, LOOK at your own screenshots. You just don't progress fast enough to develop characters lol.

And well, carbantis are in daily challenge too, heck they are in guild store too, why do we run out of them?

And last and most important thing; eyeballs are needed by MORE characters than carbantis, and needed in 10 more quantity than carbantis.

Get rid of all challenge gear other than, carbantis, eyeballs, hypo syringes and keypads. Maybe latter two are less important, if yes, get rid of them too.
  • Options
    Water will always be wet, birds will always sing, pizza will always taste delicious and challenge gear will always be in a raid loot table. Kicking, screaming, holding your breath won’t change it. The sooner you realize this the better.
  • Options
    Nothing beats clearing a raid and getting 15 pieces you already have 2000 of while you desperately need real raid gear. At this point, I say just pull ALL challenge gear if that's easier than pulling all but the carbantis.

Just please remove this crap from raid rewards. Something you have thousands of because no one needs it is not a reward.
  • Options
    And just to join the chorus:
    iw8geuq0wlfw.png
  • Options
    Those dumb people saying mk8 salvages are abundant because they are found in daily challenges, LOOK at your own screenshots. You just don't progress fast enough to develop characters lol.

And well, carbantis are in daily challenge too, heck they are in guild store too, why do we run out of them?

And last and most important thing; eyeballs are needed by MORE characters than carbantis, and needed in 10 more quantity than carbantis.

Get rid of all challenge gear other than, carbantis, eyeballs, hypo syringes and keypads. Maybe latter two are less important, if yes, get rid of them too.

I could never use all the Salvage I currently have - that is, if I whaled out on Components for the rest of my already well geared day 1 roster............ I would still have too much Salvage. This is based off actual numbers from .gg

I mean, you can attempt to out-shout people I guess, but you are just so so wrong in your wrongness on this.
    giphy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    iw8geuq0wlfw.png

Start bringing more of your characters to G12 and you will feel the pain too. Its a F2P bottleneck
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    iw8geuq0wlfw.png

Your Han Solo needs 120 of these to get to g11 and 180 of these to get to g12 = 300 salvage

Han Solo alone is taking 20% of your salvage
  • Options
    iw8geuq0wlfw.png

Start bringing more of your characters to G12 and you will feel the pain too. Its a F2P bottleneck

Is it not obvious from the picture that the real bottleneck is the piece of salvage right next to it?

Both are required to craft tgat gear piece. One component is dropped freely three times a week. The other is not.

The other should be the only one of tge two dropping from raids - not the one dropping 3x per week and of which I have over one thousand of.
  • Options
    Nothing quite like spending 45 minutes on HAAT to finish first only to get two of five slots with challenge gear and the other three contain things you already have more than enough of. I recently had five consecutive first place Pit finishes without a full piece of crafted gear - forgot about the next one, finished 13th, got a full furnace. Makes...zero...sense.
  • SSB
    72 posts Member
    Options
    So not even an acknowledgement from any of the devs? So much for the “improved communication”.
  • Options
    Haat has always been terrible. I just think of it as credits and guild coin.
    Rancor - is just whatever. Old content that takes 6 mins or less to get gear I will always need.
    Sith is all about traya Rn for me.
    The most discouraging thing is the Tb reward with the mk4 carbs. Terror-bull!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Haat has always been terrible. I just think of it as credits and guild coin.

Sort of, I do get some decent gear from time to time. Even a full piece I need every once in a blue moon.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    iw8geuq0wlfw.png

Your Han Solo needs 120 of these to get to g11 and 180 of these to get to g12 = 300 salvage

Han Solo alone is taking 20% of your salvage

You also have to consider it as a ratio. By the time he gets enough for one he will have a ton more of salvages. I personally don't have an excess of salvages for the eyeballs, but I do for other types of salvages. The drop rate is so bad for me though with this piece that I refuse to farm them and just purchase from shipments when I get enough crystals.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is not the lack of availability. It's your willingness to buy half with crystals faster than you get the other half.
  • Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    The problem is not the lack of availability. It's your willingness to buy half with crystals faster than you get the other half.

Even then. The 25 Gold Balls for 375 Crystals is one of the better values in the store, and they rarely show up. It's always the laptops or something else I don't have favorited....hmmm, maybe there's something to that.
  • ReveNCZ
    52 posts Member
    Options
    im out of gold eye challenge salvages too. buying prototypes for 375 crystals quite often, but im still f2p or very little dolphin (spended only 100e and thats more than year back, but top3 both arenas).
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    iw8geuq0wlfw.png

Hey, just out of curiosity, have you built a JTR team for HSTR P1 yet?

Because they need 760 of your stash (and looks like you don't even have the other component) - once you make a couple more G12 teams for P2/P3/P4 your stash will be gone and you will start having to buy them with crystals.

I don't even know why people are arguing about these balls in this thread, it is a bottleneck, maybe not for you if you're stuck with most of your characters at G8, but for those with g10-g12 farms it's a bottleneck.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have plenty of G10-G12 characters and plenty of those eyeballs. Why? Because I get them in challenges. And yes I buy the other eyeballs for crystals. Again, if you're running out, slow down on buying the crystal ones. You'll get more from...the challenges. For free.

The idea that anyone who doesn't have this problem is just stuck with a bunch of G8 characters is flat out wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ReveNCZ
    52 posts Member
    Options
    i never missed the challenge. stop buying it..well yeah thx for advice, but toons i need on g12 need this gear. and i rly dont want to buy them for crystals cuz unlike prototypes they crazy overpriced..but again i didnt wanted to buy carbantis for crystals neither and just have to..only other choice is waiting for months for them to come from challenges.
  • Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    iw8geuq0wlfw.png

Hey, just out of curiosity, have you built a JTR team for HSTR P1 yet?

Because they need 760 of your stash (and looks like you don't even have the other component) - once you make a couple more G12 teams for P2/P3/P4 your stash will be gone and you will start having to buy them with crystals.

I don't even know why people are arguing about these balls in this thread, it is a bottleneck, maybe not for you if you're stuck with most of your characters at G8, but for those with g10-g12 farms it's a bottleneck.

By the time I get enough of the back eyeballs to go with the 760 free eyeballs, I'll probably have 5,000 of the free ones. I have plenty of g12 toons. Do you really not get my point?

I need both pieces to craft that gear. One drops freely 3x per week. One does not. I will accumulate the free ones at a much faster rate. Free ones should not drop in raids, but the other one should.

You say "well you'll need a lot of those free ones." That's fine, but I'll need an equal amount of the not-free ones. The bottleneck occurs with the ones that are much harder to acquire.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Why do you guys insists on poking the beast? If they make any changes to these rewards, chances are that they will make them even worse than they are now. Just leave it alone.

And how in the world do most of you not understand that the Prototypes are more scarce than the Salvage when building Mk8 Implants? Mk8 Implant Prototypes are needed to advance many heroes to g11, g12, and g12+. Prototypes (non-challenge) are harder to collect than the Salvage (challenge).

Yes, I have built g12 characters. But only 22 of them. I do not have problems running out of Salvage pieces.
    iw8geuq0wlfw.png
    Quit harping on @GOWLIKEABOSS screenshot because it only shows g10-g11 characters. You know why? Because g12 characters DON'T NEED fully crafted mk8 Implants. What they need is even more Mk8 Prototypes! The same stuff you need to promote your g10 heroes to g11. The same stuff you need to build the gear to promote from g11 to g12. The stuff in addition to the challenge stuff.

Example: My Ahsoka Tano is g10 and needs two Mk8 Implants (gold eyeballs) to reach g11. Activating one of her empty gear slots shows I currently have 1817 Salvage (the challenge stuff) and 0 Prototypes
    qmpjQGn.png

Activating the Prototype slot shows that they are crafted by using Components (the non-challenge stuff), of which I currently have 33. Note also that here is where we see my greedy g12s popping up, because they ALSO need Prototypes to build g12+ gear, but they do NOT need more Salvage.
    4JrNBoc.png

Anecdotal Conclusion: non-challenge Prototypes are more scarce than challenge-available Salvage. In my experience.

P.S. Don't laugh at my g12 zFarmboy.
    Post edited by EventineElessedil on
  • Options
    @EventineElessedil Thank you, and excellent explanation, very well written.

And going off your example for the doubters:

7ql2rrugflpj.png

I have plenty. And I focused on NS, not JTR, where I do 40% to DN in a single run.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind challenge gear being dropped (from Tank especially) since the gear pool in the prize box is rather large, and the number of drops small (2-4). Challenge gear can be farmed from nodes and challenges, and bought in every store that sells gear. Other raid gear is more rare in stores, not farmable, and not in challenges, and I'd rather get a better chance of getting one of those (such as a mk6 det).
    That being said, if they dropped challenge gear and didn't replace it with other gear, and upped the guild coin awarded to compensate, I'd be all for that. The gear that drops has been so consistently useless for me that I've come to view it as a bonus next to the guild coin.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If you want to gear up your characters you need a bunch of eyeball pieces. I’ve never missed a challenge since they came out, been playing since April ‘16 and I have 44 gear 12 toons as well as 30 gear 11. I buy a lot of the eyeball salvage for 375 in shipments with arena crystals. I’ll share mine as well...

cpo8lmxczx3m.png
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    I should also add that I buy the salvage pieces from EVERY store every time they appear because I know that so many are needed. That’s how I worked down my challenge salvage.