HK-47 Login Speculation

Prev13456789
It's that time of the month to speculate the meaning of the login reward character: HK-47!
What do we think?
Revan?
KOTOR Jedi?
Droid Rework?
HK rework?

Replies

• Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Revan with all his backstory and legendary status among SW fans would be meta defining. Not sure if it's time for this already.
  • Options
    Lando in June really tipped CG's hand with the biggest thing that happened - the GMY rework. I meant to say they were totally unrelated, so I'm starting to think the monthly login character is determined by a big wheel with a bunch of pictures on it sitting in the break room in Sacramento.
  • Options
    This is CG, they are going to break something new that wasn’t broken before. Then, add a worthless character and leave the old broken stuff..... well still broken.

If you have been around long enough, you are use to this cadence.
  • Options
    Lando in June really tipped CG's hand with the biggest thing that happened - the GMY rework. I meant to say they were totally unrelated, so I'm starting to think the monthly login character is determined by a big wheel with a bunch of pictures on it sitting in the break room in Sacramento.

Or, more likely, aggregate data on what is currently most likely to give newer accounts an underutilized (opinion-based, perhaps biased) toon, and everybody else shard shop fodder.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Signs seem to be pointing towards Separatist rework (Geo ship hype, TCW anniversary), so droids could get a boost along with it. Maybe we could finally get Droideka?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    It's probably nothing. Maybe droids get some very minor tweaks. I am surprised however that this hasn't immediately turned into a 900 page Revan speculation megathread.
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    It's probably nothing. Maybe droids get some very minor tweaks. I am surprised however that this hasn't immediately turned into a 900 page Revan speculation megathread.

It's still early :)
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    They stated in several videos they were hoping to get previous reworked. This would be the time and droids would be especially useful under him. Also, still money to make as a majority of people don't have all their droids maxed out. In addition to separatist reworks to stifle complaints about the push for useless geo characters for fleets. And all in time for the 10 year anniversary.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Ok. Hk is droid, old republic era. So yeah, can be both some droid added or character from old republic era, no simply not related...
  • HarryD
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Signs seem to be pointing towards Separatist rework (Geo ship hype, TCW anniversary), so droids could get a boost along with it. Maybe we could finally get Droideka?

This rework is coming

l9q0g11jl0oa.png
  • Options
    I realize this is out of left field, but I was pondering today whether this could be the precursor to a Droid rework that culminates in the long-overdue release of C3P0.
  • Options
    They threw a dart at their luxury fridge character list. HK came up.

Though going from June's login bonus, I'll guess at a complete rework of Nest, a bunch of Marquee toons to clog up my roster with their uselessness and a mod farming weekend just so I might have a shot at 6* R2.

Of course once I get 6* R2 I will then wonder why I bothered as I won't have the gear or credits to level him anyway.

That is what HK-47 indicates to me this month.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    HK login very curious....I thought they adamantly said no Revan coming when the rumor mill was going full force on the sith reworks in february. Hard to imagine some droid rework because they are such a random collection bridging light and dark sides. But if that oddly connects to a Grievous rework, I'll take it! He's long over due (along with Mace Windu). I'll further contribute to the tinfoil hat club by going from HK to droids to C3PO to better get those ewoks running (it's also their 1 year since rework)!

I thought they said he wasn't coming this month (feb) so it meant he could be coming later? I would have to double check but that's what I remember. They would be silly not bring him into the game,they would make a lot of money with him.

Also the only known hard no they've said about a character is Porkin.
  • Options
    I want HK-47 to reprise his comment from SWTOR "False Emperor". "Interjection: Prepare to die!"
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Its confirmed: captain Picard is finally getting added. Long over due.
  • Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »

I endorse this. Could we get Spock also?

• Options

I endorse this. Could we get Spock also?

Make it so.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Revan - while welcome and would likely be anti-Sith, suspect the timing for this is too soon.

KOTOR Jedi - more likely than Revan but still not very likely overall especially in light of the "no Jedi rework" planned.

Droid rework - most likely, LS droids are all pretty awesome but aside from B2 and IG88 the rest are too weak to survive outside of a droid squad.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    And here i am still trying to find the darn calendar...

HK already is a top 5 non zeta lead toon ( with the right pieces around him) . Putting a zeta on him would make him the meta instaneously. I'm ready for the droid comeback!

P.S. MAKE HK47 A BOUNTY HUNTER
  • Options
    HarryD wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

This rework is coming

l9q0g11jl0oa.png

I sure hope that's not his rework. Still garbage.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    And here i am still trying to find the darn calendar...

HK already is a top 5 non zeta lead toon ( with the right pieces around him) . Putting a zeta on him would make him the meta instaneously. I'm ready for the droid comeback!

No! Make a new assassin tag. Give it to both IG droids, HK, asajj, maul, Sith assassin, urrorrorr, and mob enforcer, add aurra sing.

Give the ability to create a deathmark by assassinating all other targets...or something
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    jejuzang wrote: »

I hear a lot people say this, but I don't quite get it. A personal assassin droid is not the same thing as a bounty hunter.

With all the STR stuff we got, and Traya, Sion, and Visas, I think it'll (sadly) be a while till we see more KOTOR content. My best guess would be separatist or Grievous rework with more droids.

But then again, they could be thinking, "Oh crap, the players are super upset at the all dumpster-fire moves we've made recently. Maybe we can distract them for a while if we throw Revan at them now."
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Droid faction rework is my guess.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I suspect HK-47 is kind of indicative of nothing in particular, and is just a metrics choice unrelated to the releases for the month.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Each monthly login character has preceded a rework or a new related character coming out. Lando login was young lando, raid han was young han, scav rey was jtr, Sith assassin was sion. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Padme. Obvious
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

picardfacepalm.jpg