Boo wrote: »
    T3 would be cool and 3P0 is long overdue, lol

I would love floating ewok god 3PO
  • Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Can you all just quit crying and hope we will get them all in the game some day? Revan is male and the exile is female it’s already in books and the mmo game sorry to tell you.

Im not saying that he isn't I'm a huge Revan fan and very much view him as his legends version. Im just saying im not going to get whiney if a mobile game that rarely mentions gender doesn't mention his gender for the sake of people this is important too. And it is obviously important to people.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Luke2310 wrote: »
    Revan would be a cool character to be both light/dark side (purple background on his icon?) and both jedi and sith tags and could have different buffs/abilities depending on the balance of Jedi/sith in the team.

Just a thought, would definitely mix things up

Exactly what I've been saying since he was first mentioned years back.

No reason to have two versions of Revan. Just give him his dual sabers with Jedi, Sith, Light Side, Dark Side tags and have his attacks/leader/uniques affect both sides differently.

That way we get an Arena with Jedi AND Sith, not just one dominate team.

Lol. Stick Revan lead with triumvirate and GMY, instantly becomes undefeatable.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Options
    Guys, I believe EA may have accidentally tipped their hand. Check out this screen cap I grabbed while cruising Facebook. Guess targeted advertising CAN be useful.

Sure as he|| looks like Revan to me.

6p01jn71lwdo.png
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Okay, hi, hello? Good morning. No one said controversy or was talking about damaging anyone until you all brought it up out of nowhere.

Um actually yes. Yes it was. Repeatedly. By the same person. It's ok if you didn't read it. Very long thread.

In summary the point was made that playing a game with a Revan that looked like the player was "precious" and something people were "personally invested" in. To add him to this game with the defined look he had in books, and that was eventually spelled out in the game series would not "respect every play through." In short, to avoid "invalidating" a "deeply personal experience" the female Jedi Exile should never be added to the game, and Revan should only be added if he, um they, um it (???) isn't defined in any way.

I didn't bring that up. I just responded to it... because it's overboard. That's not a straw man summary either. I think I understand the position fairly well. It's just going too far to prevent hypothetical outrage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Guys, I believe EA may have accidentally tipped their hand. Check out this screen cap I grabbed while cruising Facebook. Guess targeted advertising CAN be useful.

6p01jn71lwdo.png

Nope, that's Sith Marauder
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options

6p01jn71lwdo.png

That is the Sith Marauder. Revan has a purple and red lightsaber and his mask looks like the Mandalorian helmets.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    This is Revan.

wn7p2b6b1xpg.jpg
  • Options
    Ah, disregard, then. They're **** similar.
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Weaselcult wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Can you all just quit crying and hope we will get them all in the game some day? Revan is male and the exile is female it’s already in books and the mmo game sorry to tell you.

Im not saying that he isn't I'm a huge Revan fan and very much view him as his legends version. Im just saying im not going to get whiney if a mobile game that rarely mentions gender doesn't mention his gender for the sake of people this is important too. And it is obviously important to people.

Kyno wrote: »

6p01jn71lwdo.png

Nope, that's Sith Marauder

Facepalm
  • Options
    Why is Darth Revan’s gender even a question? The game was tailored to be an emmersive experience for players into the Star Wars universe and allow you the freedom of choice to be good, bad or neutral. That’s it. In all storylines and even in the MMO Revan is male. Darth Malak is male. Bastilla is Female, and Revan and her have a child together who players work with in the MMO. End of story. There’s nothing to see here.

If Revan enters GOH the only thing that matters is his affiliation tag. Will he be light or dark side or will we get both since he ripped himself apart? And more importantly will we get force Ghost Yoda and Force Ghost Sebastian Shaw Anakin? Those are the pressing questions.
  • Options
    ...understand from a marketing standpoint that when you announce Jolee Bindo is coming to the game, and nobody knows who that is, then it doesn’t help your game.

:D spot on. Some good, sensible, reasoned posts Funderbolt. (We'll have less of them please...really not the sort of thing we want to encourage around here...)

Oh don’t worry, I’m learning my lesson on where reason and sensibility lands you...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Well the Revan gender argument is leading us nowhere, and speculation on HK-47 has come to a close, so who do you guys think should be required to get a Hero’s Journey Revan? And how should it go, who’s the reward. I feel like it’s bound to happen sometime, he’s the perfect fit
  • Options
    What droids do you fix if it is droids ?
    86, Hk?
    Will this blend into Sep rework?
    100, b2
    Is GG a sep or a droid?
    Does it matter?

Will jawas get a push too?
  • Options
    ...understand from a marketing standpoint that when you announce Jolee Bindo is coming to the game, and nobody knows who that is, then it doesn’t help your game.

:D spot on. Some good, sensible, reasoned posts Funderbolt. (We'll have less of them please...really not the sort of thing we want to encourage around here...)

Oh don’t worry, I’m learning my lesson on where reason and sensibility lands you...

Yo- can we get a ban here in aisle 6?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    86, Hk?
    100, b2
    Is GG a sep or a droid?
    Does it matter?

One of the devs said that GG will get reworked with the Seperatists if/when that happens. I would imagine that would go for Magnaguard, and B2 as well.

So given that most of the other droids are decent, or optimized for another team already (including R2, BB8, L3, K2, IPD and IG88) then all that's left is IG86 and HK. So maybe all that happens is HK gets a buff/Zeta that makes the already good droids viable somewhere under his lead. Maybe 86 gets a buff too, and maybe we get a few new droids. Or maybe it's absolutely nothing.

Either way I'd be really surprised if Jawas got any help.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    86, Hk?
    100, b2
    Is GG a sep or a droid?
    Does it matter?

One of the devs said that GG will get reworked with the Seperatists if/when that happens. I would imagine that would go for Magnaguard, and B2 as well.

So given that most of the other droids are decent, or optimized for another team already (including R2, BB8, L3, K2, IPD and IG88) then all that's left is IG86 and HK. So maybe all that happens is HK gets a buff/Zeta that makes the already good droids viable somewhere under his lead. Maybe 86 gets a buff too, and maybe we get a few new droids. Or maybe it's absolutely nothing.

Ahh. Thanks for letting me know about GG. Yea so all there is really 86 and hk lol and like you said an Hk zeta can basically make droids better just with that.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    86, Hk?
    100, b2
    Is GG a sep or a droid?
    Does it matter?

Who would want a Buff for ig86 and HK?
    All the Droids get there Buff with other factions. Only one left will be ig86 and generic Droids don't need a own rework....
    If HK means not revan, we get nothing exiting this month

I like others - don’t see Revan for a long while. With the Sith Raid I think that’s the all the Old Republic Sith we will get for a long while. And I feel that the Jedi buff will be the nail in the coffin for the Sith raid and that’s a reason why they are holding out for so long.
    I see seps and Jedi needing the biggest boost of “major/bigger” factions. But seems CG is boosting the outliers- BH (which I’m happy they did) and LS scoundrels based off the movie.

But this is all feelings, nothing backed by evidence . Just pure speculation. In the days of Carrie and Crumb it’s a lot harder to speculate on what’s to come as it was with Kozi.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    86, Hk?
    100, b2
    Is GG a sep or a droid?
    Does it matter?

Who would want a Buff for ig86 and HK?
    All the Droids get there Buff with other factions. Only one left will be ig86 and generic Droids don't need a own rework....
    If HK means not revan, we get nothing exiting this month

I like others - don’t see Revan for a long while. With the Sith Raid I think that’s the all the Old Republic Sith we will get for a long while. And I feel that the Jedi buff will be the nail in the coffin for the Sith raid and that’s a reason why they are holding out for so long.
    I see seps and Jedi needing the biggest boost of “major/bigger” factions. But seems CG is boosting the outliers- BH (which I’m happy they did) and LS scoundrels based off the movie.

But this is all feelings, nothing backed by evidence . Just pure speculation. In the days of Carrie and Crumb it’s a lot harder to speculate on what’s to come as it was with Kozi.

Jedi don't get a rework at this point. Maybe more new Jedi, but that has nothing to do with HK log in toon

Lolol- probably most likely not - Revan. Hk Login Not the red herring of Revan.

Edit- very happy to be very wrong though
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess that they are going ton release droideka......
  • Options
    Gonk droid - A hero's journey
  • Psilosin
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Hope R5D4 is finally arriving. With 98.7% of SWGoH users polled ranking him as their most wanted toon, it definitely should be him.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    It could be T3 as well.....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Psilosin wrote: »
    Hope R5D4 is finally arriving. With 98.7% of SWGoH users polled ranking him as their most wanted toon, it definitely should be him.

There was a poll for that? I didn’t know. I’m honestly extremely surprised that he’s the Most Wanted toon. I’ve never heard talk of him being wanted until I saw this post.
  • Vendi1983
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Gonk Droid.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Psilosin wrote: »

There was a poll for that? I didn’t know. I’m honestly extremely surprised that he’s the Most Wanted toon. I’ve never heard talk of him being wanted until I saw this post.

Pretty sure it was meant as a joke, BUT there's a kernal of truth in it (not about R5D4, though, that's definitely a joke).

Every now and again they'll send out surveys in the game that ask a bunch of questions. I've done two, one was right about the time Rogue One came out, and the other was maybe a year ago. One of the questions they ask is just a big, long list of characters and a simple "Pick five of these characters that you would like to see in the game." You never get the results or to learn what other peple picked, but at least you get your input.

My big regret from that first one is that I took it an hour before watching Rogue One. I saw the name "Saw Gerrera" and skipped it because I had no idea who that was, and now I waaaaaaaaaaant hiiiiiiimm.......
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really would love to see Saw in game. But hey, at least they didn't leave out Bistan.

As for the Revan talk, all Hero's Journey events so far have required a Legendary character as part of the requirements. Since GMY, Thrawn, or EP don't make sense, I would have to think that he'd either be a Legendary event, or that he would come after some other Legendary event that gets you a more appropriate toon. I don't know enough about the lore behind Revan, so to guess who those toons would be, or what kind of faction would be required for this new Legendary character would be a tall task for this guy.

I almost think they would need to come up with some other way of bringing him into the game because that would be a lot of events. IMO, the next likely Legendary event would be some sort of First Order toon that requires Resistance to unlock (Snoke seems to fit that the best, but maybe something from the next movie will work better)